Connect with us

Boxing

Gilberto Ramirez leaves with two fights left

Published

on

Image: Gilberto Ramirez Eyes Exit With Only Two Fights Left

“I think one or two more fights,” Ramirez told Fight Hub TV when asked about his long-term plans. “I have been practicing this sport for a long time.”

Ramirez, 33, said that while he still wants to continue his career for now, he is already thinking about how his career will end, not how long it can be extended. Ramirez said he has achieved key goals in the sport, including becoming world champion in two divisions, but still wants to perform at the highest level before he retires.

That pursuit begins with Benavidez, a fight that Ramirez believes will define his status and push his name further to the top of the sport.

“I will beat him. That’s my plan, to fight Opetaia,” said Gilberto about his desire to fight former IBF cruiserweight champion Jai Opetaia.

It’s a shoot-for-the-stars plan for Ramirez, but you can’t blame him for wanting to fight Opetaia. The biggest obstacle is not only the fight itself, but also where Jai Opetaia currently sits. Jai is now the face of Dana White’s Zuffa Boxing.

At the same time, Ramirez hinted at one last twist before his retirement. When asked about moving up again, he left the door open to a possible heavyweight fight, even admitting that he may not be the biggest fighter in the division.

“Why not?” Ramirez talked about moving up to heavyweight. “That would be amazing.”

If Zurdo loses to Benavidez, his plan for Opetaia will likely evaporate and he may just go straight to the heavyweight event for one last payday before he suspends them.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Boxing

Coach Robert Garcia summarizes Errol Spence’s chances of beating Tim Tszyu after a 3-year break

Published

on

Trainer Robert Garcia sums up Errol Spence’s chances of beating Tim Tszyu after 3 years out

Robert Garcia doubts whether Errol Spence Jr will be able to rediscover the qualities that made him one of the “best players” in the sport from 2019 to 2022.

“The Truth” was once considered the top 10-pound-for-pound operator when he dethroned Shawn Porter and Yordenis Ugas to unify the WBC, IBF and WBA welterweight titles

Around this time, many even predicted he would beat Terence Crawford, and only he did they lost their uncontested clash after a one-sided stoppage in the ninth round in 2023

Spence has remained out of the ring since then, but now plans to revive his career with a fight against Tim Tszyu, a former world champion, on July 25.

The pair will face off in Australia at the 158-pound catchweight, and Tszyu will have the home advantage as he too looks to reclaim his place on the world stage.

His last appearance at the world level ended with a defeat in the seventh round against Sebastian Fundora, who ended their first meeting in 2024 with a split decision.

That same year, Tszyu came close to a devastating third-round victory over Bakhram Murtazaliev, but is now coming off back-to-back victories following his rematch with Fundora last July.

Spence, on the other hand, seems to be taking quite a risk by jumping right into a perceived 50/50 conflict, with top coach Garcia telling him: ESNEWS that the 36-year-old would be forgiven for taking a “preparatory fight”.

“Errol Spence was a damn tough guy – one of the best players.

“When he fought Crawford, you could tell it wasn’t the Errol Spence we were used to, he didn’t look good at all.

“Three years later, he wants to return to boxing – and he has no intention of starting [with] tuning fight. I think he doesn’t know what’s left for him and if he improves the situation he could get his ass kicked.

– That’s probably why [made] decision to directly enter into a fight with Tim Tszyu. If he’s fresh and good, he can win.

As Garcia points out, there is no way to know how much Spence has left due to inactivity, which is a immense part of what makes this such an intriguing matchup with Tszyu.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Reports suggest Tyson Fury has rejected a UK reform approach to running for mayor

Published

on

According to Reform UK’s Nigel Farage, Tyson Fury has been asked to stand reports from LBC and Paper i.

LBC reported that sources close to both the former unified heavyweight champion and the party confirmed that Fury was not interested in politics. The same report shows that Reform UK and Fury have been contacted for comment.

The context of the approach

The reports come as Reform UK prepares for a by-election in Makerfield, Greater Manchester, triggered by the resignation of Labor MP Josh Simons to make way for Andy Burnham. In the local elections held earlier this month, Reform won the eight Makerfield wards with 50.4% of the vote, Labor on 22.7% and the Greens on just under 11%, according to LBC.

Farage said the party would “throw absolutely everything” at the seat, LBC reported, and was looking for huge names to spearhead its campaign in the region.

Fury’s previous political interests

This isn’t the first time Fury’s name has been linked to a political campaign. In 2015 he told the BBC he wanted to become MP for Morecambe and intended to stand as an independent MP. “I want to make a change for the better where I live,” Fury said at the time, according to an LBC summary of earlier remarks. “I believe I will succeed because I have an influence on the city’s inhabitants.”

This campaign never came to fruition. Fury, now 37, lived in Morecambe, Lancashire, for about 17 years before moving to the Isle of Man last year, citing privacy and security.

Back to the Ring

Fury returned from a 16-month absence on April 10, taking a unanimous decision over Arslanbek Makhmudov. He then called Anthony Joshua to the ring and reports have since pointed to a Q4 2026 meeting between the two British heavyweights backed by Turki Alalshikh and Ring Magazine.

Reform UK has not publicly named a candidate for the Makerfield by-election.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Teofimo Lopez calls Ryan Garcia-Shakur conversation ‘inside’

Published

on

Image: Teofimo Lopez Calls Ryan Garcia-Shakur Talk “Mid”

Teofimo Lopez doesn’t seem impressed with the growing rumors surrounding a possible fight between Ryan Garcia and Shakur Stevenson.

Ryan said earlier Monday during an appearance on ESPN’s First Take that he believed he could become “the face of boxing,” while Shakur later responded publicly, urging Ryan to continue the fight between the two.


“I have every opportunity to stay the face of boxingbut now I just have to prove it,” Ryan said during his First Take interview with Stephen A. Smith.

“So what are we waiting for, let’s stay vigorous @RyanGarcia,” Shakur later wrote on X.

Teofimo responded shortly afterwards with two separate posts directed at both players.

“These boys dress up and think it’s someone f**k like Comic-Con @RyanGarcia 🦹‍♂️,” Teofimo wrote in response.

Teofimo later added another response aimed at publicly calling out Shakur to Ryan.

“Middle, middle, middle, skip, skip!” Teofimo continued writing X.

The comments came four months after Shakur defeated Teofimo in January to win the WBO welterweight title. Ryan also recently mentioned Shakur as a potential future 140-pound opponent, even though he currently holds the WBC welterweight title following his February victory over Mario Barrios.

Ryan has fielded several potential opponents recently as he looks for another huge fight later this year. Shakur continued to publicly push for the fight after moving up to 140 pounds, while Teofimo remains linked to the same group of fighters after his January loss.

Click here to sign up for our FREE newsletter

Related boxing news:

Categories Ryan Garcia, Shakur Stevenson and Teofimo Lopez

Last updated: 18/05/2026 at 15:53

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending