Connect with us

Boxing

Garcia: Crawford needs a perfect fight, doubts in power against Canelo

Published

on

Image: Garcia: Crawford Needs Perfect Fight, Doubts Power Against Canelo

Danny Garcia claims that the power of Terence Crawford will not be enough at 168, to have a chance to defeat Canelo Alvarez for his unquestionable championships with a super medium weight on September 12. Garcia notes that Crawford’s power “did not raise” to 154 in her fight with Israil Madrimov on August 3 last year. He says that when Crawford now jumps two weight classes to 168 to fight one of the biggest strokes in the division, Canelo, it will be “arduous”.

Crawford’s decision, in order not to get up and take one or two melodies in the Super Middle Wweight to prepare for Alvarez, will make his work more arduous. He decided to play safely, sit down and wait for a gigantic fight against withdrawals, instead of risking your skin in front of one of the rivals. What does this say about what the real goal of Terenka was to fight Canelo? He says it is for heritage, but his actions suggest that it is for cash.

168 Power deficit?

“I rate Crawford’s last performance when he went to 154 against Madrimov. I feel like his [Bud] The power did not reach so much until 154. So I feel that 168 is arduous – said Danny Garcia WarriorDoubting that Terenka Crawford has enough pop in its shots to be a threat to defeating Canelo Alvarez on September 12.

Crawford’s power did not raise from 147 to 154 in its last fight. He was never a substantial blow, even at the age of 147 and He looked frail in the junior of the medium weight against Israil Madrimov. Some of them are an older age that bred an ugly head. When you are 40 years antique like Crawford and you only fight once a year from 2020. “Little GGG” Madrimov knocked with Crawford chips with his right hands, hitting his head many times. At the end of the fight, Crawford’s face looked like he was hit by a truck. Unlike this, Madrimov looked like he wasn’t even in battle.

One win to rule them all?

“If it pulls it up, you must put it there Three of the best all time. This means he [Crawford] All four lanes in three divisions are unified. Going up all weight classes to defeat Canelo, “Danny said. “If he wins this fight, you must put it in the top three. But it will be a steep, steep hill to climb. It will be arduous.”

You can’t call Crawford “three of all time” if it causes Canelo’s nervousness because he is exaggerated and is not close to his best career at that moment. If Crawford defeated the Canelo version in 2017, which fought the controversial draw against Gennada Golovkin in their first fight, you can put it in the first 30 or 40 of all time, but not in the first three. At that time, 35-year-old GGG was unveiled. Canelo was 27 years antique.

In order for Crawford to be in the top three of all time, he would have to defeat these warriors:

– David Benavidez
– Dmitryry Bivol
– David Morrell
– Artur Beterbiev
– Jai Ottaia

You do not get the highest three places of all time, beating an antique barn like Canelo, and then you say you are one of the best? Danny must slip if he thinks everything he needs is that Crawford defeats Canelo to be among the great all time. It will not even be in the top 50, if he overcomes faded antique Canelo.

“If he can do it, he praises everything, but I think it will be too much for him. He is a naturally bigger guy [Canelo]. You’re talking about a guy [Crawford] who started his career at the age of 135, fighting at the age of 168. It’s crazy. When he begins to be hit with these bombs, he will be like “Whoa” – said Garcia.

If Crawford moved to 168 and got a few tuning fights to show what he can do, he could have a chance to beat Canelo. He should have participated in a few quick fights with pretenders to super medium -sized weight, Oslyys Iglesias and Christian Mbilli, before fighting with Canelo. If Crawford was physically in one piece after these matches, the fans would give him a better shot in winning with Alvarez. What Terenki does will raise by 14 pounds after a frail performance in its debut in 154 against Israil Madrimov, does not look good for him. He will still get a $ 100 million Paydation, which is probably the only reason why he conducted a campaign to fight Canelo. But when it comes to victory, I do not see this happens, even in relation to this washed version of the Mexican star.

Lost mobility

“Crawford likes to fight,” said Danny, asked if Terenka would be Canelo’s boxing, as he did against Viktor Postole in 2016 at 140. “He can make it easier, but he just likes to fight. That’s why he is sometimes hit. He hits and presses this pressure.”

Crawford no longer has the same mobility as he had when he fought with Viktor postol at the age of 28. Bud is going to be 38 years antique on September 28. He is not an applicant that almost a decade ago, when he fought with postol, until he is packing up to the 180s of 180s, he would not be airy enough to move.

Last updated 12.05.2025

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Boxing

Live scores Oleksander Usyk – Rico Verhoeven from Egypt

Published

on

Image: Oleksandr Usyk vs Rico Verhoeven Live Results From Egypt

The main card begins at 1 p.m. ET on DAZN PPV. Eliminations begin at 11:00 a.m. ET.

Live results

Oleksandr Usyk vs. Rico Verhoeven, 12 rounds, heavyweight, WBC title

Hamzah Sheeraz vs. Alem Begic, 12 rounds, super middleweight, vacant WBO title

Jack Catterall vs. Shakhram Giyasov, 12 rounds, welterweight, vacant WBA regular title

Frank Sanchez vs. Richard Torrez Jr., 12 rounds, heavyweight, IBF eliminator

Mizuki Hiruta vs. Mai Soliman, 10 rounds, super flyweight, WBO title

Daniel Lapin vs. Benjamin Mendes, 10 rounds, delicate heavyweight

Basem Mamdouh vs. Jamar Talley, 6 rounds, cruiserweight

Sultan Almohammed vs. Deny Impart, 4 rounds, featherweight

Mohamed Mabrouk vs. Yehya Ali Sserunkuma, 4 rounds, super lightweight

Omar Hikal vs. Michael Kalyala, 4 rounds, middleweight

Master card schedule

1:00 PM ET: Daniel Lapin vs. Benjamin Mendes
13:53 ET: Mizuki Hiruta vs. Mai Soliman
14:37 ET: Frank Sanchez vs. Richard Torrez Jr.
15:39 ET: Jack Catterall vs. Shakhram Giyasov
16:42 ET: Hamzah Sheeraz vs. Alem Begic
17:56 ET: Oleksandr Usyk vs. Rico Verhoeven

Tentative schedule

11:00 ET: Omar Hikal vs. Michael Kalyala
11:30 ET: Mohamed Mabrouk Yehya vs. Ali Sserunkuma
11:55 ET: Sultan Almohammed vs. Deny Impart
12:20 ET: Basem Mamdouh vs. Jamar Talley

How to watch

Usyk vs. match broadcast Verhoeven live on DAZN PPV from the Pyramids of Giza, Egypt. The broadcast begins with prelims at 11 a.m. ET, followed by the main card at 1 p.m. ET.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Tim Bradley Predicts Devin Haney vs. Keyshawn Davis: ‘He’s the Favorite’

Published

on

Tim Bradley predicts Devin Haney vs Keyshawn Davis: “He’s the favourite”

Tim Bradley assessed the nuances of the fight between Devin Haney and Keyshawn Davis, believing that one of the fighters will be the clear favorite in their potential welterweight fight.

After his comprehensive performance against Brian Norman Jr last November, many would consider WBO champion Haney the top dog at 147 pounds.

“The Dream” was able to overtake and dethrone Norman with minimal difficulty, scoring an early knockdown before becoming a three-division world champion.

Previous points victories over the likes of Vasyl Lomachenko and Regis Prograis have only cemented Haney’s position as one of the best busy fighters in the sport.

Davis, meanwhile, has not fully established himself as a pound-for-pound star, despite having previously dethroned Denys Berinchyk – via a fourth-round stoppage, no less – to become the WBO lightweight champion in February 2025.

After returning to the ring last January, “The Businessman” defeated Jermaine Ortiz at 140 pounds, ending the 12th round after dismantling his opponent with body shots.

But now, after a unanimous decision victory over Nahir Albright, whom he faced in a rematch last week, Davis is expressing interest in moving up to 147 pounds and challenging Haney.

However, Bradley said that considering their recent performances his YouTube channel that would make Davis a significant underdog.

“I’m telling you now: I don’t care about watching this fight. I think it’s an ugly fight. But who would be the favorite?

“[Based on] their recent performances, Devin Haney would be the favorite. Haney has more experience; Haney fought back [professionally] since he was 17 years ancient. I fight adult men in Mexico.

“He won [an undisputed championship and has] I was there with legends [like Lomachenko]”

In addition to his experience, Bradley emphasizes that Haney’s mentality was a key factor in the match against Davis, who narrowly missed weight in his first weigh-in before the Albright fight.

Much more drastic, however, was his failed attempt last June, when The American was stripped of his WBO title after weighing more than 4 pounds over the lightweight limit.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Adrien Broner’s broadcast leaked from Gervonta Davis training

Published

on

Gervonta Davis pictured from behind during a boxing appearance amid renewed comeback speculation

Gervonta Davis may finally be preparing to return to boxing after unexpected comments during Adrien Broner’s latest Kick broadcast revealed that the lightweight star has returned to training.

During a conversation broadcast live on the broadcast, veteran coach Kevin Cunningham appeared to casually inform Broner that Davis had recently been to the gym before the pair arrived.

“You know your boy was here,” Cunningham told Broner.

“Oh,” Broner replied before asking, “Really? Did he stop?”

“He’s training…” Cunningham added.

The exchange immediately sparked speculation online that Davis had quietly resumed preparations for a comeback after months of uncertainty about his future.

The return of Gervonta Davis

Davis has remained largely out of the spotlight since his controversial draw with Lamont Roach and the ongoing legal issues surrounding the Pound for Pound star outside the ring.

As WBN previously reported, surveillance footage related to Davis’ ongoing civil case was made public earlier this year, increasing scrutiny over the former lightweight champion’s future and legal situation.

At the same time, there are still some major fighting possibilities floating around behind the scenes.

WBN recently revealed that Vasily Lomachenko’s potential return could reignite the unfinished superfight that ended in 2024 when the Ukrainian retired from boxing.

For Davis, just returning to training changes the conversation.

The lightweight division continues to operate without him, with names like Shakur Stevenson, Isaac Cruz, Floyd Schofield and Roach remaining linked to possible future fights.

Esther Lin

Stream Adrien Broner

The irony is that Broner stopped streaming with Deen the Great and started training with Cunningham himself, which he also broadcast to thousands of viewers online.

The footage immediately led many fans to question why Broner wasn’t doing more in the latter years of his career.

At 37 years venerable, Broner seemed to have some time left when he signed with Don King in 2023. Three years later, he fought only two fights, and the last one ended in defeat against Blair Cobbs.

Like Broner, Davis also struggled with inactivity and motivation, but looked like a million bucks on the pads.

During an eye-opening interview in 2025, Davis admitted that he needed to “rehabilitate” himself after several arrests and told Dan Cannobio of the Inside Boxing Show that the process meant getting “all boxing” out of his system, perhaps permanently.

Shortly thereafter, Davis signed a contract to fight Jake Paul before the fight resulted in modern legal problems surrounding the Baltimore fighter.

Now Davis appears to be considering whether another comeback attempt will complicate the legal process that still hangs over his career.

Despite the uncertainty, one chance exchange on Broner’s broadcast may have finally confirmed that Davis is at least returning to boxing rather than further away from it.


About the author

Phil Jay is the editor-in-chief of World Boxing News (WBN) and a boxing veteran with over 15 years of experience. Read the full biography.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending