Connect with us

Boxing

Zepeda power vs. Shakur’s Delicate Hands: July 12

Published

on

Image: Zepeda Challenges Stevenson to Stand and Fight, Hearn Pushes for Ring Title on July 12th

Maxi Hughes says that he gives Shakur Stevenson an advantage in the fight with William Zedaa on July 12 at the Louis Armstrong stadium in Queens, Up-to-date York. However, Hughes is not sure if the lightweight champion of WBC Stevenson (23-0, 11 KO) can stop Zeda (33–0, 27 KO) with the assist of feeble hands and a lack of impact power.

Non -capable pace of Zepeda

Hughes learned how arduous it was to leisurely down Zepeda when a Mexican artist stopped him in the fourth round last year. He says that William is just approaching, throwing blows and making arrows to land on his volume.

Hughes thinks Zepeda will do against Shakur and thinks that he can be successful if Newark, from Up-to-date Jersey feeble glass hands They are not sturdy enough to withstand pressure.

If Shakur loses, Turks Alalshikh may need to consider removing him from future Riyadh season cards, because there would be no sense of artificial support for his career. Promoter Eddie Hearn could save money without bothering with the extension of Stevenson’s contract from the stable in the match.

Hearn is fighting how he intends to change Shakur in “Global Star” And we fans think it’s crazy. They got stuck, watching Stevenson’s fights on ESPN and know what he meant.

“Immediately after this fight I thought:” I think he defeated Shakur. ” And I still give Shakur because of his skills and how Tevin Farmer did well against Zepeda – said Maxi Hughes Boxing fans Asked who wins the fight Shakur Stevenson vs. William Zepeda on July 12 at the Louis Armstrong stadium at Queens, Up-to-date York.

Zepeda overwhelmed Maxi Hughes with volume, forcing to stop the fourth round in the fight in March 2024 in Las Vegas. He tried to pack Zeda, but the Mexican went through his arrows and buried him with blows in the third and fourth rounds. Zepeda will try to do the same Shakur, which is even less puncher than Maxi. The power he had will not be effective because of his feeble hands.

“One is, he [Zepeda] He does not leisurely down, and he does not get tired and is good inside – said Hughes about William Zepeda.

Shakura’s shortbread

“It will be fascinating to check if Shakur, We know he has shortbread handsor can he stop him. Because one thing was that he would still be ahead, and if Shakur does not hurt him, Zepeda would go: “I will take a few of them to go inside and land.”

There is no doubt that Zepeda will go through Shakura’s arrows to get closer to the landing. In this way Zepeda fought with Tevin Farmer and defeated him in both fights. He was approaching the farmer’s breaking in their rematch on March 29 at Cancun, Mexico. Tevin turned away from his back, looking like he was in grave trouble in the fifth and sixth round of Zepeda’s attack.

Shakur does not hit almost as tough as a farmer and is less willing to absorb shots. I am trying make a break for it When the Mexican Tom Puncher Zepeda begins to put it in. It can be a fight on the track, just like the fans saw in the fight of Stevenson with Edwin de los Santos in 2023. When Puncher Tomu massacre the warrior, the last thing they do is desperate retreat. They basically gave up the fight and try to save themselves, escaping. This is the case in war and boxing.

“So it’s so fascinating there. I can try to get places in Up-to-date York. I wouldn’t mind watching it,” said Hughes about the fight of Stevenson-Zepeda.

“” Delicate Hands “Shakur Stevenson can cost him vs. Zepeda, says Hughes.

Last updated 22/22/2025

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Boxing

Devin Haney reignites debate over Vasily Lomachenko’s decision

Published

on

Image: The Disputed Haney-Lomachenko Decision: Two Years Later, Still a Robbery in the Eyes of Boxing Fans

Three years later, Devin Haney is still defending the most disputed victory of his career, and after his latest post on X, fans immediately turned their attention back to the fight with Vasily Lomachenko.

Haney reacted after criticism of George Kambosos Jr.’s journey. to become undisputed in the lightweight division, reminding people that he defended his belts against Lomachenko after defeating Kambosos twice in Australia.


The response quickly reopened one of boxing’s longest-running arguments of the last few years. A huge portion of fans and media members still believe that Lomachenko deserved the decision for the May 2023 fight in Las Vegas, especially after the way he finished the second half of the fight.

Many observers scored the championship rounds for Lomachenko, with round ten remaining the biggest point of controversy. Referee Dave Moretti awarding this round to Haney was met with weighty criticism at the time, and is still regularly mentioned when the fight is discussed on the Internet.

Others defended Haney’s victory as a close but reasonable decision based on his early work, jabs, body shots and distance control. Haney also entered the fight with major physical advantages over Lomachenko, including youth, height and reach.

Haney was 24 when he fought Lomachenko, who was already 35 and further into his career. Haney also had a significant reach advantage and was viewed by many as the naturally bigger lightweight.

The fight continues to divide opinion across boxing, with some fans still calling it a robbery while others see it as a final decision that could reasonably have gone either way.

Click here to sign up for our FREE newsletter

Related boxing news:

Categories Devin Haney, Vasily Lomachenko

Last updated: 23/05/2026 at 8:32

Continue Reading

Boxing

‘I’m back and I want him’: Former heavyweight champion calls out Tyson Fury ahead of comeback

Published

on

“I’m back and I want him”: Former heavyweight champion calls out Tyson Fury ahead of comeback

Tyson Fury has been called up by the former heavyweight champion, who could derail the 37-year-old’s expected clash with Anthony Joshua later this year.

Both Britons will face each other in October or November, with Joshua first having to defeat Kristian Prenga on July 25 in Riyad, Saudi Arabia.

Meanwhile, Fury is planning another warm-up fight, likely in August, following his unanimous decision victory over Arslanbek Makhmudov last month.

Before defeating Makhmudov, the “Gypsy King” had not fought since 2024, when he suffered consecutive point losses to Oleksandr Usyk in May and December.

Fury appears to be looking to make up for lost time, wanting one more fight before he finally clashes with long-time rival Joshua.

Of the names mentioned, Andy Ruiz Jr was clearly the most promising to fight the two-time heavyweight champion.

Despite the fact that he has not fought since drawing with Jarrell Miller in August 2024The American, who injured his hand in that fight, is now preparing to end two years of inactivity and wants to fight Fury.

I’m talking to talkSPORTRuiz insisted that even if their showdown doesn’t happen in August, his goal will be to fight Fury within the next 12 months.

“That’s why I had to come here [to Egypt] and I will show my face so that they know that Andy is back, Andy has recovered and is in good shape.

“In the next 12 months or before I retire… I want Tyson Fury.”

Known for his huge upset victory over Joshua in 2019 to become unified world champion, Ruiz has fought largely sporadically since losing their rematch later this year.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Oleksandr Usyk is jumping on the novelty fight sauce train

Published

on

Author: Sean Crose

It’s been going on for years – a phenomenon of novelty boxing matches pitting famed fighters against fighters who are generally looking for either a payday or one last moment of glory. MMM legends vs. world-class boxers, MMA legends vs. social media influencers, great boxers of the past fighting far beyond their shelf life, it’s a circus that sometimes borders on tragedy – if there weren’t so much money at stake. Yes – these pioneering matchups can attract many eyes. Indeed, they often rank among the most watched combat sports events in the years in which they take place.

Most of these novelty matches make a lot of financial sense for the parties involved. For the underdogs who almost always lose, there is a pot of gold at the end of this rather painful rainbow. And for a fighter representing the current boxing establishment, it’s uncomplicated money. The truth is that these fights are usually very predictable: an over the hill or inexperienced boxer is defeated (sometimes in brutal fashion), while a member of boxing’s current royal family pockets a huge and easily earned payday.

One thing that wasn’t entirely predictable was heavyweight king Oleksandr Usyk’s decision to fight an pioneering fight himself. In a sport that can sometimes seem clownish, Usyk has been a role model for the seriousness of his profession. While some of his peers like Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder may enjoy a bit of clowning around, Usyk takes all of boxing seriously, and it’s not because he doesn’t have a good sense of humor. This is indeed the case. However, no one questions his dedication, because the guy approaches each fight as if it were his last.

That’s why it was strange to many when Usyk announced he would fight Rico Verhoeven in Egypt, anywhere else, on a major pay-per-view event. Usyk always seemed to roll his eyes at such feats. Here, however, he is going to fight one of the best kickboxers in the world. The thing is…. When you think about it, Usyk has every right in the world to engage in his own pioneering fight. He was the undisputed cruiserweight champion, then the undisputed heavyweight champion, defeated the absolute best in the business and showed what a gifted athlete a professional boxer could be.

And although there is no doubt that Usyk will win Saturday’s fight literally in front of the pyramids, there is also no doubt that the man will not make a career against undeserving opponents. Indeed, Usyk has made it clear that he intends to retire soon, so he wants to get on the gravy train while the going is good. And really, who can blame them? Again, he fought everyone in his path, he comes from a war-torn country, and he has done nothing but make the sport look more reputable than it probably deserves.

Usyk thus deserved the right to Saturday’s penalty kick. As long as he doesn’t look terrible and get beaten up, we’ll soon forget about it. With only a few opponents left after Saturday’s fight, we’ll focus on who he’ll fight next. There is nothing modern about this, especially when it comes to someone like Usyk, who sums up his legacy as perhaps one of the greatest in the heavyweight division. This, of course, will be decided by history. Boxing fans can get absorbed in this moment, whether it involves something modern or not.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending