In the training clip of Terenceful Crawford today he saw cooperation with his coach Brian “Bomac” McIntyre, focusing on throwing shots on the body to prepare for his mega fight with Canelo Alvarez on September 13. Crawford was loading at each shot, hitting his Bomac trainer Body Protector.
Canelo’s body weakness
This may be a signal that Crawford (41-0, 31 KO) will remain in the pocket and the target body of Canelo. This is an area that according to some fans is a weakness. In his first fight with Gennadiy, Golovkin Canelo sought support to a judge when he was heavily hit in the body, as he showed replays, in what was not a low blow.
Crawford does not contain enough power to hurt Canelo (63-2-2, 39 KO) to your granite rock head. He must focus on attacking his body, because it is its most sensitive area.
September 13 Netflix Boxing Event
Canelo will defend his undisputed Middle Ages championships before Crawford on September 13 at the Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas. The event will be streamly sent to Netflix and it is believed that it can become the most -watched event in history.
This may not be the most compelling fight in the history of this sport, but with 300 million Netflix subscribers can be the most observed. If other enormous events are still displayed on the platform, they will probably quickly exceed Canelo-Crawford.
Chance of Crawford against Canelo
“He has good speed and good leg work. That’s why I give him a chance,” said Robert Garcia Sports media YSM Oh that Terence Crawford has a chance to defeat Canelo Alvarez. “In the last few fights, Canelo never gives such a diminutive extra. It is simply comfortable enough to win. He became a businessman. I think it could be something in favor of Crawford.”
Canelo looked lazily in the last few fights and showed no energy or motivation to put more effort. He got with such a fight because his opposition was indigent fighters with inflated records.
“If it goes into the best level with a good attacker. Canelo is flat, especially in her last fight with the runner [William Scull]Robert said about Crawford. “He threw one blow at once and did not even try to be aggressive to introduce him to the ropes, to throw combinations, throw four or five blows.”
Canelo looked like he was going in his fights with William Scull, Edgar Berlang and Jaime Munguia. It was like trying to overcome the forces of gravity and not show any ambitions to push himself.
“I think that at this stage I give Crawford a good chance to pull him out,” said Garcia.
Ryan Garcia and Conor Benn are scheduled to square off next month, and ‘King Ry’ has reacted to news that this will be the Briton’s final bout at welterweight, following a difficult weight cut.
Benn has not fought at 147lbs since a knockout victory over Chris van Heerden back in April 2022, but he was installed as the WBC’s mandatory challenger for the welterweight division earlier this year, after revealing his intentions of returning to the weight.
Reality seems to have hit home for ‘The Destroyer’ during this camp though, as he has already announced that this will be his last contest in the division following a brutal weight cutregardless of the outcome, signalling that he has outgrown the weight.
In a clip captured by Ring MagazineGarcia responded to Benn’s announcement and declared that his upcoming opponent is already making excuses ahead of their meeting.
“We know you can’t make weight. This is why Conor Benn said this is his last time at 147lbs. My guy is making excuses before he loses, who says that, ‘this is my last fight at 147’.
“My guy, you gonna go backwards just to get that a** whooped? Oh my gosh, bro. It’s fine, bro, he is just going to run into it. F**k that dude.”
Garcia-Benn takes place on Saturday, September 12, at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, with Zuffa Boxing cruiserweight champion Jai Opetaia poised to take on current WBC cruiserweight titleholder Noel Mikaelian – although he may no longer be champion come fight week.
Next month, Ryan Garcia will go toe-to-toe with Conor Benn in the first defence of his WBC welterweight title, and now former pound-for-pound king Terence Crawford has doubled down on his prediction for the clash.
Crawford hung up the gloves whilst recognised as the pound-for-pound number one in December, but that has not stopped ‘Bud’ from developing a heated rivalry with Garcia since his retirement, with the pair making regular jibes at one another in recent months.
Garcia has now revealed his intentions to tempt the undefeated southpaw out of retirement if he retains his title against Benn, but the Omaha-born sensation has declared his belief that Garcia will lose his belt to the Briton, favouring the challenger’s size and power.
Now, as fight week edges closer, Crawford has once again insisted that Benn will pull off the upset, as he told Fight Hub TV that he is picking ‘The Destroyer’ to come out on top.
“It’s going to be a good fight. I got Conor Benn!”
Benn will be competing at welterweight for the first time in nearly five years, looking to wrestle away the belt that Garcia won back in February with a win over Mario Barrios.
The event takes place on Saturday, September 12, at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, and on the undercard, Jai Opetaia is set to take on current WBC cruiserweight world champion Noel Mikaelian.
It currently remains to be seen whether the Armenian will still be the reigning titleholder when fight night comes around though, due to rumours that Mikaelian will be stripped for avoiding a fight with David Benavidez.
Terence Crawford faced and defeated 42 different opponents during a 17-year career, but super-middleweight icon Carl Froch believes that there is one welterweight who would have put an end to Crawford’s unbeaten streak if they were to meet in their primes.
Crawford became the first post-war boxer to claim the undisputed title in three separate weight divisions last September; a run which began as a super-lightweight in 2015 by defeating Thomas Dulorme, then unifying against Viktor Postol before halting Julius Indongo in an undisputed title showdown.
‘Bud’ then moved on to the welterweight scene and knocked out Jeff Horn to capture the WBO world title on his 147lb debut, making five defences of the title before colliding with fierce rival and three-belt unified titleholder, Errol Spence Jr, in 2023.
In a unforgettable fight, Crawford brutally beat Spence down in an authoritative ninth-round stoppage win to capture the undisputed welterweight throne. Talk then turned to an unprecedented three-weight move up to super-middleweight to take on Canelo Alvarez.
After stopping off at super-welterweight to dethrone Israil Madrimov on his way up, Crawford debuted at super-middleweight in a challenge for Canelo’s undisputed crown and outboxed the Mexican superstar in an iconic win last year, hanging up the gloves three months later.
Despite those legendary achievements, Froch picked Floyd Mayweather Jr to come out on top in a potential fantasy fight against the Omaha southpaw, in an episode of ‘Froch on Fighting’.
Mayweather’s achievements speak for themselves, retiring with a perfect 50-0 unbeaten record after claiming world honours in five divisions, with his most impressive reign coming at 147lbs, where he defeated the likes of Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley.
Mayweather has been rumoured to make a comeback, but while there would be huge finances that would be on offer, Crawford has revealed that he would have no interest in ending his retirement for a bout with ‘TBE’, believing that the 49-year-old is ‘old’ and ‘done’.