Connect with us

Boxing

Teofimo Lopez supports the call of Turki Alalshikh: why warriors must prioritize to act as a result of seasonal events in Riyadh

Published

on

Image: Teofimo Lopez Supports Turki Alalshikh's Call: Why Fighters Must Prioritize Action Over Running in Riyadh Season Events

Teofimo Lopez agrees with the Turk’s position Alalshikha that he wants the warriors to throw more blows during the Riyadh season. Lopez indicates that there is a difference between warriors who are running.

Lopez agrees with Alalshikh

Teofimo states that Turki wants the fighters who box the blows in the middle to have at least some action for some time. It is not clear whether Alalshikh also values ​​this style, but the fighters who box and move are almost so monotonous to observe pure removals.

It’s okay if such fighters are buried in the preliminates, where fans do not see them. In the case of the main cards, this is essential Just Fighters from the whole activity with genial fans were included, especially if it is a Pay-Per-View event.

This means that some of the more significant fighters in sport must be omitted from the future Turka cards, if the events are fun and meet its requirements. Hardcore fans are aware of who the monotonous fighters are. On the Times Square card on May 2 there was a couple and one noteworthy event on February 22 with a manual problem.

“There is a difference. There is boxing, and then it runs. I think that what he really tries to say in these words. He just wants guys to box and throw blows inside. Be busy,” said Teofimo Lopez to The the media About Turki Alalshikh, saying that he is no longer ready to finance boxing matches in which one warrior is not addictive.

Teofimo does not say that he was part of the non-engaging runners “Tom and Jerry”, who broke the Times Square event in May last year. . Shakur style The fact that Teo used in this fight was a thorough copy of Shakur Stevenson’s style. Watching was so terrible.

Teofimo had a three -stage withdrawal, which Shakur uses PAT, as if he was studying him during a training camp, and repeated an true copy to fight Arnold Barbozy Jr. Devina Haney, he was by far the most monotonous, but Teofimo was close to the second.

Focus seasonal entertainment riyadh

“You have to be offensive at the same time. You can’t win the fighting, just moving and having a low number of blows. [William] Scull against Canelo. It will not be elated with people, and this will not show his country, the government, his prince and tiny, as if we are here to support this sport. So this is our part and our duty to do what he would like – said Lopez.

If I were Turks, I would have a burst, watching what Lopez and Haney did. These guys received Gazillions and did not provide value for all this money. I am surprised that Turks did not outlined them from the list of Riyadh season permanently. If Teo and Haney run away once, they will do it again. How can Alalshikh trust them to be useful?

Last updated 12.06.2025

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Boxing

Prince Naseem Hamed’s biopic “Giant” hits the United States on May 22

Published

on

a biopic chronicling the career of former featherweight champion Prince Naseem Hamed will be released in select U.S. theaters and on VOD on May 22. The film stars Amir El-Masry as Hamed and Pierce Brosnan as his longtime trainer Brendan Ingle, with Sylvester Stallone among the executive producers.

Directed and written by Rowan Athale, it premiered at the BFI London Film Festival in October 2025 and was released in the UK and Ireland on January 9, 2026, before arriving in the Middle East via the Red Sea Film Festival. Vertical holds U.S. distribution rights, and the film was financed by AGC Studios and BondIt Media Capital.

What the movie covers

The plot follows Hamed’s rise from Sheffield, England, to a world title under Ingle, an Irish-born steelworker who ran a boxing gym in a church hall. According to the official description, the film also addresses the racism and Islamophobia that Hamed faced in the UK in the 1980s and 1990s, and also focuses on his relationship with Ingle, who died in 2018.

Collider published an exclusive clip from the film on May 21 featuring Hamed’s 1994 fight against Vincenzo Belcastro. In this fight, Hamed won the European bantamweight title in 12 rounds, which was only his 12th professional contest, which was the beginning of his later career.

The warrior behind the film

Hamed, a southpaw of Yemeni heritage, finished his professional career with a 36-1 record and 31 knockouts while holding featherweight titles in multiple sanctioning bodies throughout the 1990s. Now 51, he was known for his unconventional style, pre-fight showmanship and ring walks that often ended with a fall over the top rope. In 2015, he was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame.

Following Ingle’s death, Hamed directly attributed his success to his coach Ring that without him he wouldn’t have achieved what he did in sports.

The supporting cast included Toby Stephens as promoter Frank Warren and Katherine Dow Blyton as Alma Ingle. The film lasts 110 minutes.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Rico Verhoeven reacts to the loss of Oleksandr Usyk

Published

on

Image: Rico Verhoeven Reacts To Usyk Loss: “I’m Here To Stay”

Rico Verhoeven insists he has proven he belongs in boxing despite an 11th-round loss to Oleksandr Usyk on Saturday night in Egypt.

The former kickboxing champion pushed Usyk much harder than many expected before the referee stepped in tardy in the fight. At the time of the stoppage, two judges had the fight even at 95-95, with the third having Verhoeven ahead 96-94.


“Yeah, it sucks. I felt like I was so close to shocking the world,” Rico Verhoeven told DAZN Boxing after the fight.

“I want to stay here. I think I showed the world that I can definitely box. Even as a kickboxer they told me, ‘Who is this guy? He can’t do anything. It’ll be four or five rounds,’ but I think after four or five rounds we were pretty even in terms of results.”

“So I think it was a crazy, crazy performance. I felt like I was so close to winning, but it is what it is.”

Verhoeven entered the fight as the main underdog against the undefeated unified heavyweight champion, but his physical pressure, size and willingness to trade caused Usyk to struggle during several early and middle rounds.

The performance immediately changed the discussion about Verhoeven’s future in boxing.

Rather than treat the fight as a one-off, the Dutch heavyweight later made it clear that he planned to continue boxing despite the defeat. His comments also reflected the fierceness of the fight before Usyk finally took control in the championship rounds and forced a stoppage.

For much of the fight, Verhoeven looked much more comfortable than many expected against one of boxing’s greatest champions.

Click here to sign up for our FREE newsletter

Related boxing news:

Categories Aleksander Usyk

Last updated: 23/05/2026 at 20:20

Continue Reading

Boxing

Rico Verhoeven speaks out about the referee stopping Usyk’s fight one second before the end of the round

Published

on

Rico Verhoeven speaks out on referee stopping Usyk fight with one second left in the round

Rico Verhoeven commented on the controversial break in the match after the defeat to Oleksandr Usyk.

Verhoeven challenged heavyweight king Usyk at the Giza Pyramids in Egypt, and despite most expecting a huge mismatch before the fight, the Dutchman came within a whisker of arguably the biggest upset in boxing history.

The kickboxing legend did enough to win multiple rounds heading into the final stages, with the underdog Usyk struggling to cope with his unconventional opponent.

Usyk finally found the shot he needed when he dropped his opponent at the end of the 11th round, and although Verhoeven managed to get up, the Ukrainian attacked again. led to referee Mark Lyson stopping the fight. Many fans – as well as Verhoevens’ team – were outraged by this decision.

After the fight, Verhoeven shared his thoughts on Lyson, who waved it off, saying he felt he deserved to fight longer.

“I thought it was an early break. It’s not up to me. I believe the referee knows we’re almost at the end of the round, whether he lets me go to the target or let the bell ring… it was close and I thought we were equal on the scorecards.”

Vehoeven was humble at the time when asked if he deserved a rematch.

“It’s not up to me, it’s up to the organization, let’s see what happens.”

It is unknown whether the second fight will actually take place, as the WBC has already ordered Usyk to face mandatory challenger Agit Kabayel next, under threat of being stripped of his belt.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending