The highly-rumored Most Valuable Promotions and Professional Fighters League merger is officially a done deal.
MMA
MVP, PFL officially merge to create new global combat sports platform
Published
3 weeks agoon
MVP and PFL announced on Thursday morning that the companies have merged together under the MVP banner. According to a press release, creates a global sports and entertainment company that brings together boxing, MMA, media, blockbuster live events, athlete development, and worldwide content distribution.
Front Row Brian first revealed the merger was being discussed on Twitter earlier this month.
The newly merged MVP will be led by co-founders and board members Nakisa Bidarian and Jake Paul, while John Martin will serve as CEO and board member.
“Since launching MVP, our goal has always been bigger than just building a boxing promotion,†Bidarian said. “It has been to build the future of combat sports. In less than five years, MVP has become one of the most influential and culturally relevant brands in the industry, producing some of the biggest events in combat sports history, elevating women's boxing to unprecedented heights, and bringing millions of new fans into the fight game.
“The success of MVP MMA's first event confirmed our belief that there is enormous demand for a modern, fighter-first approach to MMA. This merger accelerates our MMA ambitions while strengthening our ability to continue investing in boxing and MVPW. By combining MVP's audience-building engine, storytelling capabilities, and brand with PFL's roster, infrastructure, and international footprint, we are creating a new global home for combat sports. Under the leadership of John Martin, a world-class media executive with deep MMA knowledge, and investment from leading financiers 885 Capital and Knighthead Capital, MVP is going to achieve great things for fighters, fans, and partners.â€
“We started MVP to disrupt a broken model,†Paul said. “We wanted to give fighters fair pay and a bigger, modernized stage to become global superstars. Joining forces with PFL accelerates that vision by a decade. We now have a scaled platform to give today's fans what they want: elite talent mixed with culture, lifestyle, and massive social velocity. MVP was always bigger than me and bigger than any one fighter. MVP is an inevitable movement that needs to happen for the athletes, and now we have all the resources we need to build something that changes this sport forever.
“I have more conviction in MVP than ever, driven by the proliferation of AI, which will only increase the value of real, live experiences and the sports properties that can bring fans closer to the athletes they love. I look forward to putting my entire promotional muscle into our new company, returning to the boxing ring and making my MVP MMA debut. To all current MVP and PFL fighters, things just got bigger. To fighters fighting in other organizations, we are open for business when you are contractually free. The time for change is now. Welcome to MVP.â€
“Over the past seven years, PFL has built the world's No. 2 global MMA company, assembling one of the sport's most elite fighter rosters while creating a world-class global business with premier media distribution across 34 broadcast and streaming partners, reaching fans in more than 170 countries,†Martin said. “At the same time, MVP has redefined how combat sports connects with a new generation of fans, creating events that become cultural moments and proving that athletes, sports, entertainment and creators can all thrive together.
“This merger brings scale – in operations, in distribution and media rights, in sponsorship, in fighter development and in fan engagement. We're not just combining companies, we're bringing an entire combat sports community together and creating a more powerful platform to accelerate growth. One company, one global stage, millions of fans and we're only just getting started.â€
Per a promotional official, Friday's MMA event headlined by Usman Nurmagomedov and Archie Colgan will still be held as a PFL event. MVP serves as the “master brand.â€
According to the release, MVP and MVPW will continue as “boxing cornerstones of the company.†PFL's roster, league operations on a global scale, media assets, and more will form the foundation of MVP MMA. The merger will be fully completed later this year.
The new combat sports company is set to have five events across boxing and MMA in August.
You may like
MMA
Dana White has stopped listening to Eddie Hearn amid Fury-Joshua talks
Published
55 minutes agoon
August 19, 2026
White isn’t interested in getting dragged into the latest round
of Tyson
Fury-Anthony
Joshua negotiations and has little patience for Eddie Hearn's
comments.
Reports recently surfaced claiming Fury and Joshua have agreed to
meet Nov. 20 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. When asked
about the reported date and venue, the
Ultimate Fighting Championship CEO offered a noncommittal
response before turning his attention to Hearn.
UFC CEO Dana White brushes off Eddie Hearn during Tyson
Fury-Anthony Joshua negotiations
Speaking after
Week 2 of
Dana White's Contender Series 2026, White responded to reports
of Joshua-Fury negotiations and recent comments from Hearn.
White was asked about reports that Hearn still wants the fight
staged in the United Kingdom and had raised the possibility of
legal action if Joshua were booked without a contractual agreement.
The UFC boss said he has largely stopped paying attention to
Hearn’s public comments.
“I stopped listening to Eddie Hearn about three months ago,†White
said. “Is there anybody more full of sh*t than this guy? Come
on.â€
The exchange came after White was asked whether he was involved in
an expected announcement next week regarding the heavyweight
showdown.
“I don’t know. You might want to ask the promoters of the fight,â€
White said before adding, “I’m not going to play these games with
these f*cking guys. You know what I mean? Let’s see what
happens.â€
MMA
Kaik Brito had one more trick saved for Dana White, and it was brutal
Published
2 hours agoon
August 19, 2026
Brito had some tricks up his sleeve in his fight against
Namo
Fazil.
Brito (20-6) took on a surging Fazil in a welterweight matchup in
the main event of
Week 2 of
Dana White's Contender Series 2026. While Brito looked
dangerous early in the fight, Fazil's pressure put him on the back
foot as the bout progressed.
However, Brito shut Fazil's lights off with a vicious right hand
early in the third round to earn an
Ultimate Fighting Championship contract. He notably planned to
pull off the finish right in front of UFC CEO Dana
White.
Kaik Brito details Namo Fazil knockout that secured UFC
contract
Brito knows that it looked like he was leaving everything in the
Octagon in the back-and-forth bout. However, the Brazilian claims
he was waiting for the right moment.
In the final round, when his back was against the cage, Brito
noticed he was fighting close to White. That's when he decided to
launch the missile of a right hand that flattened Fazil. He also
says he is ready to make his UFC debut as soon as possible.
“I move different,†Brito said in the post-fight interview. “I cut
angles in a completely different way. And throughout the fight, it
looked like I was going for it all. Believe me, I was saving some
things; I knew I was gonna need it at the end. And I saw Dana right
there, I thought, ‘I'm gonna do this right in front of the boss.
He's gonna see it.' I'm gonna be ready… I want to fight as soon as
possible.â€
Brito came up short against Oban
Elliott in his first DWCS opportunity in 2023. He then went 3-1
on the regional circuit, finishing all of those wins to earn
another shot at a UFC contract.
Muy emocionado habla el vencedor Kaik Brito
luego del brutal KO 💥#DWCS
| En vivo por Paramount + Deportes pic.twitter.com/kmxyMhESFk— UFC Español (@UFCEspanol)
August 19, 2026
MMA
Trent Miller earns UFC deal with rare DWCS shoulder choke
Published
3 hours agoon
August 19, 2026
Miller earned an
Ultimate Fighting Championship contract with the first Von Flue
(shoulder) choke submission win of his career.
Miller (10-3) was a massive +280 underdog going into his
middleweight matchup against Douglas
Henrique Rodrigues on
Week 2 of
Dana White's Contender Series Season 10. Miller controlled
Rodrigues on the ground in the first round before putting him to
sleep with a Von Flue choke in the second frame.
Trent Miller earns UFC deal with historic DWCS submission
Miller was awarded a UFC contract after securing the second-ever
Von Flue choke in DWCS history. “The Terminator†also revealed it
was the first time that he finished with a Von Flue choke in his
career.
“He hits hard; he has good striking,†Miller said in his post-fight
interview. “I'm definitely feeling him, my lips a little busted
open. But so thankful for the win. I knew in the first round, once
I got on top of him, I controlled. So that was the plan: second
round, get back on top, I felt the choke was there and I went for
it. I've never actually got it in a fight.â€
Miller had suffered a stoppage loss against Ryan Gandra
in his first Contender Series opportunity last year. The
30-year-old says it was the worst performance of his career and is
glad to have proven his doubters wrong.
“Last year's Contender Series, I had my worst performance of my
life, essentially,†he added. “I had so many doubters, so many
haters come at me. For me to be able to shut them up like that,
it's amazing.â€
Didn’t know if he had the choke until the
fight was over 🤣Trent
Miller earned a gritty submission tonight at #DWCS![ LIVE on @ParamountPlus
] pic.twitter.com/hD6gPUFgj1— UFC on Paramount+ (@UFConParamount)
August 19, 2026
Dana White has stopped listening to Eddie Hearn amid Fury-Joshua talks
Kaik Brito had one more trick saved for Dana White, and it was brutal
Trent Miller earns UFC deal with rare DWCS shoulder choke
Trending
-
MMA2 days agoMuhammad Mokaev names 4 fighters who allegedly backed out against him
-
MMA2 days agoStella Hemetsberger's next move could skip a trilogy everyone expected
-
MMA1 day agoJalin Turner reveals UFC contract status after 39-second knockout
-
MMA2 days agoConor McGregor lauds Ian Machado Garry's 'champion mindset' after UFC 330 title loss
-
MMA2 days agoKamaru Usman confident he can beat Islam Makhachev: ‘Styles make fights’
-
MMA2 days agoArman Tsarukyan says Charles Oliveira using teammate's death as 'excuse' not to fight
-
MMA1 day agoArman Tsarukyan: Usman Nurmagomedov beats almost every UFC lightweight
-
MMA1 day agoMackenzie Dern rips UFC 330 performance despite dominant title win


