Connect with us

Boxing

Moses Itauma: I do not have enough recognition for the fight with Dillian Whyte

Published

on

A consensus among many in the world of boxing is that Moses will defeat Dillian Whyte on Saturday; potentially comfortable.

Both men think it’s a bit naive.

Ituma (12-0, 10 KO) was an immediate favorite when the fight was announced and remains such. The 20-year-old was called another heavyweight division star, but in Whyte, 37 years vintage, he will face an opponent who saw it all and was almost every best warrior of his generation.

To also give the context of the age gap, the first fight of Ituma watched where he had a full understanding of who both fighters were, he was against Anthony Joshua in 2015. He was 10 years vintage.

Since then, Ituma has passed through all 12 opponents to start his career, but he will face his biggest challenge against veteran Whyte on Saturday.

“People do not realize that boxing Dillian White is a great deal,” said Ituma Media before the fight in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

“People do not realize that I box Dillian Whyte at the age of 20. This is a huge matter, and people do not attribute it to me, but I think I’m not here after patting on the back, right?”

When it was created in the ranks, the noise around ituma increased, but he does not hear experts or feel pressure.

It remains a tunnel vision of his goal of winning the world championship title.

So much, sometimes he keeps him at night.

– Whyte: all life has been reproduced; This fight is not different
– like the hefty boxing of Moses Ituma hardly did not happen
– from the “tank” to Canelo, seven boxers who would benefit from promotion on weight

“You know that you have this period before you fall asleep … The void itself and it was as if it came to my mind, it was the most vital thing in my life, and it would be winning this fight,” explains Ituma.

“I’m still a child, I don’t have any duties, you know what I mean? So … Of course, what comes to my mind is Dillian Whyte. How will we beat him? It’s just the script in which I play in my head:” Ok, frigid, if he does it, I will do it that I can explain it. “

“This is not something that keeps me, I’m worried, I’m afraid. It’s not. It’s just the fact that I plan scenarios in my head.”

What does he see when he closes his eyes and thinks about a fight?

“I am thinking of a terrifying, mean guy who is ready to take off his head because I feel that he will do it,” says Ituma. “I am in the first place in WBO, so victory against me will make him fight a rematch with Joseph Parker.

“I don’t really know what will come Dillian Whyte, but I imagine the best because it’s the last time to go back to the mix and earn a lot of money.”

For his part, the Whyte is used to playing the weaker role, but “Snatcher of the Body” is still able to cause some damage.

His career has been almost stopped in the last three years and has itching in great fighting.

Some asked why he fought such a youthful, hazardous opponent. Whyte revealed that Derek Chisora was one of those who questioned whether it was the right move. Chisora himself rejected the fight.

But it’s about risk vs. prize.

“If you want to go to heaven, you shouldn’t be afraid to die because this is the only way you get there,” says Whyte.

“My way of thinking only, you know what, nobody wants to fight Moses. He is a great warrior, he is youthful, he is keen, he is full of beans … but yes, you have to believe in yourself and take the risk of man.”

He still has dreams of winning the belt.

If, when he was a child growing up in South London, you told him that he would approach the title, he would probably laugh in your face.

But here he is.

“I would like to win truly [world] title. If I manage to win the real title, I had an amazing career, “said the media.

“I had [interim] Version of this. If you can win a full title, people who come from my origin and where I come from … For me it’s an amazing story to inspire people.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Boxing

Carl Froch Claims One Welterweight Champion Could Have Stopped Terence Crawfords Unbeaten Streak

Published

on

"Carl Froch Claims One Welterweight Champion Could Have Stopped Terence Crawford's Unbeaten Streak"

Terence Crawford faced and defeated 42 different opponents during a 17-year career, but super-middleweight icon Carl Froch believes that there is one welterweight who would have put an end to Crawford’s unbeaten streak if they were to meet in their primes.

Crawford became the first post-war boxer to claim the undisputed title in three separate weight divisions last September; a run which began as a super-lightweight in 2015 by defeating Thomas Dulorme, then unifying against Viktor Postol before halting Julius Indongo in an undisputed title showdown.

‘Bud’ then moved on to the welterweight scene and knocked out Jeff Horn to capture the WBO world title on his 147lb debut, making five defences of the title before colliding with fierce rival and three-belt unified titleholder, Errol Spence Jr, in 2023.

In a unforgettable fight, Crawford brutally beat Spence down in an authoritative ninth-round stoppage win to capture the undisputed welterweight throne. Talk then turned to an unprecedented three-weight move up to super-middleweight to take on Canelo Alvarez.

After stopping off at super-welterweight to dethrone Israil Madrimov on his way up, Crawford debuted at super-middleweight in a challenge for Canelo’s undisputed crown and outboxed the Mexican superstar in an iconic win last year, hanging up the gloves three months later.

Despite those legendary achievements, Froch picked Floyd Mayweather Jr to come out on top in a potential fantasy fight against the Omaha southpaw, in an episode of ‘Froch on Fighting’.

Mayweather’s achievements speak for themselves, retiring with a perfect 50-0 unbeaten record after claiming world honours in five divisions, with his most impressive reign coming at 147lbs, where he defeated the likes of Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley.

Mayweather has been rumoured to make a comeback, but while there would be huge finances that would be on offer, Crawford has revealed that he would have no interest in ending his retirement for a bout with ‘TBE’, believing that the 49-year-old is ‘old’ and ‘done’.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Conor Benn Reveals His Pick: Oscar De La Hoya vs Terence Crawford Showdown in Boxing History

Published

on

Conor Benn Reveals His Pick: Oscar De La Hoya vs Terence Crawford Showdown in Boxing History

Terence Crawford has been hailed by many as the best fighter of this generation following his retirement, and now WBC welterweight title hopeful Conor Benn has shared how he thinks ‘Bud’ would have fared against six-division world champion Oscar De La Hoya.

Crawford became boxing’s sixth five-division world champion with an iconic win over Canelo Alvarez back in September; joining Thomas Hearns, Sugar Ray Leonard, De La Hoya, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao in that elite and exclusive club reserved only for legends of the sport.

Of that group, only De La Hoya and Pacquiao have gone on to conquer a sixth division, with De La Hoya’s 2004 WBO middleweight world title win over Felix Sturm seeing the Californian become the first boxer to ever become a sextuple champion.

Crawford could have joined ‘’The Golden Boy’ and ‘Pac-Man’ in achieving that feat, having been offered a middleweight world title shot during the aftermath of his triumph over Canelo late last year – a proposal which later fell apart due to a failed doping test by Janibek Alimkhanuly.

Continuing the praise that the Omaha-born southpaw has received since announcing his retirement last December, Benn told Daily Mail Boxing that he would favour the undefeated star to get the better of De La Hoya, if they were to meet in their primes.

Benn also went on to predict that Crawford would retain his unbeaten streak against other greats of the game, picking him to come out on top against each of Mayweather, Julio Cesar Chavez, Pernell Whitaker and Roberto Duran.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Robert Garcia Evaluates Terence Crawfords Odds Against Prime Pacquiao

Published

on

"Robert Garcia Evaluates Terence Crawford's Odds Against Prime Pacquiao"

Top trainer and former world champion Robert Garcia has considered the outcome of a fantasy showdown between Terence Crawford and Manny Pacquiao.

The two generational greats reportedly came close to squaring off in 2021, back when Crawford was the WBO welterweight champion and ‘Pac Man’ held the WBA title.

Their unification match never materialised, though, as Pacquiao was scheduled to face Errol Spence Jr before ‘The Truth’ pulled out with a torn retina.

Instead, the Filipino legend ended up losing his WBA title to Yordenis Ugas at a stage when, while still serviceable, he was quite clearly past his best.

Crawford, meanwhile, was hitting top form around this time, just a few fights away from producing arguably a career-best performance against Spence.

He did, of course, manage to stop his welterweight rival in nine rounds, before moving up to 168lbs and becoming a three-division undisputed champion by dethroning Canelo Alvarez last September.

Based on those two performances, coach Garcia has told ESNEWS that he would favour ‘Bud’ to defeat even a prime version of Pacquiao.

“The Crawford that beat Spence – and the Crawford that beat Canelo – would probably beat Manny.”

While Crawford’s prime almost certainly came during his run of eight stoppages at welterweight, it is harder to pinpoint when Pacquiao ultimately reached his peak.

In terms of his most destructive performance at world level, however, many will point towards his second-round finish over Ricky Hatton in 2009.

While facing the ‘Hitman’ at 140lbs, Pacquiao would cement himself as a formidable welterweight champion soon after, dethroning Miguel Cotto with a 12th-round stoppage for the WBO title.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending