Boxing
Mike Tyson record that will never be beaten
Published
12 months agoon
Mike Tyson is the youngest heavyweight champion in history after breaking the division in the mid -eighties.
This is a reference point that no one will ever break, despite the next two attempts to fail.
From the debut in March 1985 to the tough Trevor Berbicka to the heavyweight title WBC on November 22, 1986, Tyson recorded 25 knockouts in 27 wins.
Within 20 months, Tyson won 15 wins in 1985 and 12 in the next, breaking another record for the most wins in one year.
After 20 years, 4 months and 22 days, “iron” Mike Tyson had the opportunity to break the reference point of Floyd Patterson.
Patterson’s record of 21 years, 10 months and 26 days lasted almost exactly thirty years, when Tyson destroyed Berbicka in less than two rounds at the Hilton Hotel in Las Vegas.
Tyson claimed it himself with time frames, which seems impossible to overcome.
Two British heavyweight boxers had a gallon to claim that they would overcome the indestructible feat over the last decade. They are Hughie Fury and Moses Ituma.
Hughie, Cousin of Tyson Fury, boldly applied during his heavyweight in 2013. After winning 12 duels in 2013, Fura’s father, Peter, was sure that his son landed on achievement.
At the beginning of 2014, when the inactivity, illness and injuries established, Peter told WBN that Hugh’s intention is not beyond the table now.
“Hughie tried to best win the title of world champion, but the way it is in the heavyweight ward is very slim,” said Peter World Boxing News.
“If he has a chance to fight for the title of world champion, he certainly comes in, but talking about the fact that Hughie breaks, that the record (Mike Tyson) is best to sleep.”
Fury fought only eight times in the next three years and eventually lost to Joseph Parker for the title in the majority decision at 23.
Ituma, who became a professional in 2023, escaped almost immediately, conducting a campaign only seven times in his first full year.
Despite the fact that they have been knocking almost everyone since then, Ituma was not able to determine the names needed to gain experience to challenge the title.
There is also a diminutive thing that the pound king was a champion and owner of three of the four titles with which you can deal with it.
To be truthful, Tyson had hardly objected to Ituma during his run, and even the title of world champion at that time was the best of a bad group.
Usyk is great all time and will soon have all the belts in his possession. At the moment, Ituma is around the fifth or sixth in the queue to the throne and will push 22 or 23 before it is able to land with a crack in the crown of the division.
Talking recently with Steve Bunce and BBC, Ituma admitted that Tyson can keep the record forever.
“When I became a professional, it was about chasing this album. Now, when the album is out of books, I just try not to hurry with it,” said Bunce Ituma.
“During the first two months of being a professional, I realized that the goal was impossible. I was naive when I said that. I said it before I became a professional.
“I did not realize how much you can not control in this boxing game. You think that since I became a professional, the world champions were Daniel Dubois, Oleksandr Usyk and Tyson Fury.
“In two years there is no way to decide to fight them,” he added.
Despite the fact that Ituma said that he is not ready for Dubois now, some believe that Puncher born in Slovakia would eliminate “DDD”.
When Usyk inflicts another loss to the London, Promoter Frank Warren will undoubtedly see the logic in the fight against Dubois against Ituma in 2026.
You may like
Boxing
Mayweather Legal Case: $175 Million Fraud Suit, Child Support Order
Published
2 hours agoon
May 23, 2026
Floyd Mayweather Jr. he spent Friday on both sides of the dock. The retired, undefeated former champion filed a lawsuit accusing former associates of defrauding him of at least $175 million, the same day reports surfaced that a Nevada judge had ordered him to pay more than $1 million in child support. These developments include the $340 million lawsuit Mayweather filed against Showtime in February and a number of smaller claims against him over the past few months.
$175 million fraud case
According to court documents obtained by TMZ SportsMayweather maintains that Jona Rechnitz, a former close associate, spent years gaining his trust before becoming his de facto financial manager, real estate broker and banking broker. The complaint named Rechnitz, Ayala Frist, Frist Apex Ventures and attorney Alexander Seligson, accusing the group of orchestrating a multi-year scheme that allegedly depleted Mayweather’s accounts through fraudulent investments, unauthorized wire transfers and undisclosed business entities.
Among the claims, Mayweather alleges that approximately $100 million worth of jewelry was transferred to Miami jewelers in exchange for approximately $13 million, with most of it still held by dealers; that he committed $7.5 million to an investment that never came to fruition; and that $15 million related to the real estate settlement was transferred without his consent. The filing also alleges that he unknowingly signed documents transferring ownership of his Gulfstream jet, leaving the buyer’s section blank, and that he did not know where the proceeds went. The allegations have not been tested in court and the named parties have not publicly responded as of the filing date of the lawsuit.
Maintenance order
Separately, a Nevada judge found Mayweather, 49, to be the legal father of a 4-year-old girl, Price Moorehead, and ordered him to pay $32,850 a month in continuing support and $933,050 in back payments, he claims. documents reported by Complex and originally obtained by TMZ Sports. The paternity ruling was made in March 2026. The case began in 2023, when Paige Moorehead, who, according to the documents, worked at the Mayweather’s Girl Collection club in Las Vegas, filed a paternity petition. The court granted a default judgment after Mayweather failed to comply with an order to submit to DNA testing. Data cited in the report shows that about $151,000 has been paid toward the remaining amount, and a judge has granted a lien on California properties linked to Mayweather of up to $2 million to secure payment.
Showtime Suit
The novel filings are the culmination of a $340 million lawsuit Mayweather filed in February against Showtime Networks and former Showtime Sports president Stephen Espinoza in Los Angeles County Superior Court. That complaint alleges that Mayweather’s former manager and advisor, Al Haymon, orchestrated a long-running financial fraud scheme involving the network and Espinoza, citing four causes of action, including aiding and abetting breach of fiduciary duty and civil conspiracy to commit fraud. In the complaint, Haymon was described as the architect of the alleged scheme but was not named as a defendant. Espinoza said he was surprised by the lawsuit and defended his records, while a spokesman for Showtime’s parent company, Paramount, called the claims baseless. Details of this report were described in a previous report by Boxing Insider.
The bigger financial picture
The proceedings are ongoing alongside a number of separate claims against Mayweather. He faced a $7.3 million IRS tax lien, lawsuits from two Miami jewelers over unpaid bills, a dispute over more than $300,000 in unpaid rent for a Manhattan apartment and a claim for private jet services. Mayweather, who retired in 2017 with a 50-0 record, remains lively in the exhibition ring and has been linked with a rematch with Manny Pacquiao scheduled for September in Las Vegas.
Boxing
Devin Haney reignites debate over Vasily Lomachenko’s decision
Published
4 hours agoon
May 23, 2026
Three years later, Devin Haney is still defending the most disputed victory of his career, and after his latest post on X, fans immediately turned their attention back to the fight with Vasily Lomachenko.
Haney reacted after criticism of George Kambosos Jr.’s journey. to become undisputed in the lightweight division, reminding people that he defended his belts against Lomachenko after defeating Kambosos twice in Australia.
Great and all… don’t forget that the belts were defended against Loma 😎 https://t.co/c95r79Beos
— Devin Haney (@Realdevinhaney) May 23, 2026
The response quickly reopened one of boxing’s longest-running arguments of the last few years. A huge portion of fans and media members still believe that Lomachenko deserved the decision for the May 2023 fight in Las Vegas, especially after the way he finished the second half of the fight.
Many observers scored the championship rounds for Lomachenko, with round ten remaining the biggest point of controversy. Referee Dave Moretti awarding this round to Haney was met with weighty criticism at the time, and is still regularly mentioned when the fight is discussed on the Internet.
Others defended Haney’s victory as a close but reasonable decision based on his early work, jabs, body shots and distance control. Haney also entered the fight with major physical advantages over Lomachenko, including youth, height and reach.
Haney was 24 when he fought Lomachenko, who was already 35 and further into his career. Haney also had a significant reach advantage and was viewed by many as the naturally bigger lightweight.
The fight continues to divide opinion across boxing, with some fans still calling it a robbery while others see it as a final decision that could reasonably have gone either way.
Dan Ambrose is a boxing journalist at Boxing News 24, respected for his direct analysis and extensive coverage of the global fighting landscape. His reports focus on the most essential fights, division development and the most discussed stories in sports.
Click here to sign up for our FREE newsletter
Related boxing news:
Last updated: 23/05/2026 at 8:32
Boxing
‘I’m back and I want him’: Former heavyweight champion calls out Tyson Fury ahead of comeback
Published
6 hours agoon
May 23, 2026
Tyson Fury has been called up by the former heavyweight champion, who could derail the 37-year-old’s expected clash with Anthony Joshua later this year.
Both Britons will face each other in October or November, with Joshua first having to defeat Kristian Prenga on July 25 in Riyad, Saudi Arabia.
Meanwhile, Fury is planning another warm-up fight, likely in August, following his unanimous decision victory over Arslanbek Makhmudov last month.
Before defeating Makhmudov, the “Gypsy King” had not fought since 2024, when he suffered consecutive point losses to Oleksandr Usyk in May and December.
Fury appears to be looking to make up for lost time, wanting one more fight before he finally clashes with long-time rival Joshua.
Of the names mentioned, Andy Ruiz Jr was clearly the most promising to fight the two-time heavyweight champion.
Despite the fact that he has not fought since drawing with Jarrell Miller in August 2024The American, who injured his hand in that fight, is now preparing to end two years of inactivity and wants to fight Fury.
I’m talking to talkSPORTRuiz insisted that even if their showdown doesn’t happen in August, his goal will be to fight Fury within the next 12 months.
“That’s why I had to come here [to Egypt] and I will show my face so that they know that Andy is back, Andy has recovered and is in good shape.
“In the next 12 months or before I retire… I want Tyson Fury.”
Known for his huge upset victory over Joshua in 2019 to become unified world champion, Ruiz has fought largely sporadically since losing their rematch later this year.
Claressa Shields SLAPS Alycia Baumgardner IN THE FACE During HEATED Confrontation 😱
Mayweather Legal Case: $175 Million Fraud Suit, Child Support Order
Devin Haney reignites debate over Vasily Lomachenko’s decision
Pacquiao vs marquez competition: History of violence
Dmitry Menshikov statement in the February fight
Stephen Fulton Jr. becomes world champion in two weight by means of a decision
Claressa Shields SLAPS Alycia Baumgardner IN THE FACE During HEATED Confrontation 😱
“HE WASN’T INTERESTED IN ANY POLITICS OR MEDIA!” – HONEST response to DANIEL DUBOIS media approach
Canelo Alvarez Reveals He’s “DISAPPOINTED” With Terence Crawford, Reacts To David Benavidez
Trending
-
Opinions & Features1 year agoPacquiao vs marquez competition: History of violence
-
MMA1 year agoDmitry Menshikov statement in the February fight
-
Results1 year agoStephen Fulton Jr. becomes world champion in two weight by means of a decision
-
Results1 year agoKeyshawn Davis Ko’s Berinchyk, when Xander Zayas moves to 21-0
-
Video1 year agoFrank Warren on Derek Chisora vs Otto Wallin – ‘I THOUGHT OTTO WOULD GIVE DEREK PROBLEMS!’
-
Analysis1 year agoRobert Garcia discusses the debate on the greatest Mexican warrior in history
-
Video1 year ago‘DEREK CHISORA RETIRE TONIGHT!’ – Anthony Yarde PLEADS for retirement after WALLIN
-
Results1 year agoLive: Catterall vs Barboza results and results card



