Connect with us

Boxing

Mason Edges Noakes for the WBO lightweight title

Published

on

Image: Boxing Results: Abdullah Mason Survives Savage Noakes Assault to Win the Vacant WBO Lightweight Title in Riyadh

Abdullah Mason (20-0, 17 KO) survived a 12-round war to defeat Sam Noakes (17-1, 15 KO) by unanimous decision to win the vacant WBO lightweight title on Saturday evening, November 22, at the ANB Arena in Riyad, Saudi Arabia.

(Source: Queensberry/Leigh Dawney)

Mason pushed to the edge

It was not an basic fight as the 21-year-old Mason later imagined, as he took a lot of punishment from Noakes. He blamed the demanding shots he took during the Noakes fight.

The reality was that Noakes was taking his best shots in the second half of the contest when Mason was on top of them, jabbing and trying to play his best to stay away.

Scorecards tell a story

The scores were 115-113, 117-111 and 115-113. The two 115-113 scores were more precise as Noakes appeared to outplay Mason in multiple rounds of the second half.

Going into today’s fight, Abdullah was not used to fighting longer than six rounds, as he quickly knocked out most of his opponents within two or three rounds. With Noakes still standing there halfway, Mason didn’t have the gas tank he had before.

List of punch statistics

  • Abdullah Mason – 214 of 566 punches, which is 38%
  • Sam Noakes – 156 out of 613 for 25%

Abdullah’s strange turns after the fight

“I wouldn’t say he was tougher than I expected. I fought his fight. That’s what made him who he was,” said Abdullah Mason Ring Magazinedownplaying the problems Sam Noakes caused him with his pressure during their fight on Saturday night in Riyad.

Mason did his best to keep Noakes on the outside, but he did a great job of cutting down the ring and landing substantial shots. Abdullah made this easier by retreating most of the time and standing straight, making his head an basic target.

“No matter what comes next, I’m prepared. It’s very demanding, fighting someone else’s fight. Me fighting my fight would make it a lot easier. But we got the job done. I’m excited to see what’s next. The main thing was he was pretty forceful,” Mason said, giving a quirky answer to a question. – What was his power?

Mason took the photos from Noakes, but it was obvious they bothered him. If Noakes had hit him with a few punches that he narrowly missed, he could have knocked him out.

“Everything I landed, he was still standing there waiting for me. I had to stay locked up for all 12. Yes, for sure,” Abdullah said when asked if this was the “start of striping season.”

Last update: 23/11/2025

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Boxing

Canelo responds to David Benavidez by offering him a featherlight heavyweight title fight

Published

on

Canelo responds to David Benavidez offering him title fight at light heavyweight

Canelo Alvarez has commented on David Benavidez’s recent call for a clash between the two teams.

Canelo and Benavidez have been linked to a fight for many years, dating back to when they both competed at super middleweight.

While Canelo remains one of the key fighters at 168 pounds, Benavidez has since moved up the rankings, becoming the WBC featherlight heavyweight champion for the first time claiming he defeated Gilberto Ramirez earlier this month win the WBA and WBO cruiserweight titles.

Following this victory, Benavidez was linked to fights with the likes of Dmitry Bivol and Jai Opetaia, but he once again made it clear that he would offer Canelo a chance to win the WBC 175-pound belt.

Canelo has now responded by revealing in a media interview with Boxing News that he’s not surprised that Benavidez challenged him again, but he doubts that “The Mexican Monster” will still be able to make the featherlight heavyweight limit after moving up to cruiserweight.

“Every boxer in any category challenges me. It’s nothing modern for me. He did well in the fight [against Ramirez]. I’m not surprised [he called me out]but I don’t think he can get to 175 pounds anymore. It’s not my problem.

Canelo has already competed at 175 pounds twice, but for now a move to featherlight heavyweight seems unlikely given his current world title shot against WBC super middleweight champion Christian Mbilli in Riyad, Saudi Arabia on September 12.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Mayweather Legal Case: $175 Million Fraud Suit, Child Support Order

Published

on

Floyd Mayweather Jr. he spent Friday on both sides of the dock. The retired, undefeated former champion filed a lawsuit accusing former associates of defrauding him of at least $175 million, the same day reports surfaced that a Nevada judge had ordered him to pay more than $1 million in child support. These developments include the $340 million lawsuit Mayweather filed against Showtime in February and a number of smaller claims against him over the past few months.

$175 million fraud case

According to court documents obtained by TMZ SportsMayweather maintains that Jona Rechnitz, a former close associate, spent years gaining his trust before becoming his de facto financial manager, real estate broker and banking broker. The complaint named Rechnitz, Ayala Frist, Frist Apex Ventures and attorney Alexander Seligson, accusing the group of orchestrating a multi-year scheme that allegedly depleted Mayweather’s accounts through fraudulent investments, unauthorized wire transfers and undisclosed business entities.

Among the claims, Mayweather alleges that approximately $100 million worth of jewelry was transferred to Miami jewelers in exchange for approximately $13 million, with most of it still held by dealers; that he committed $7.5 million to an investment that never came to fruition; and that $15 million related to the real estate settlement was transferred without his consent. The filing also alleges that he unknowingly signed documents transferring ownership of his Gulfstream jet, leaving the buyer’s section blank, and that he did not know where the proceeds went. The allegations have not been tested in court and the named parties have not publicly responded as of the filing date of the lawsuit.

Maintenance order

Separately, a Nevada judge found Mayweather, 49, to be the legal father of a 4-year-old girl, Price Moorehead, and ordered him to pay $32,850 a month in continuing support and $933,050 in back payments, he claims. documents reported by Complex and originally obtained by TMZ Sports. The paternity ruling was made in March 2026. The case began in 2023, when Paige Moorehead, who, according to the documents, worked at the Mayweather’s Girl Collection club in Las Vegas, filed a paternity petition. The court granted a default judgment after Mayweather failed to comply with an order to submit to DNA testing. Data cited in the report shows that about $151,000 has been paid toward the remaining amount, and a judge has granted a lien on California properties linked to Mayweather of up to $2 million to secure payment.

Showtime Suit

The novel filings are the culmination of a $340 million lawsuit Mayweather filed in February against Showtime Networks and former Showtime Sports president Stephen Espinoza in Los Angeles County Superior Court. That complaint alleges that Mayweather’s former manager and advisor, Al Haymon, orchestrated a long-running financial fraud scheme involving the network and Espinoza, citing four causes of action, including aiding and abetting breach of fiduciary duty and civil conspiracy to commit fraud. In the complaint, Haymon was described as the architect of the alleged scheme but was not named as a defendant. Espinoza said he was surprised by the lawsuit and defended his records, while a spokesman for Showtime’s parent company, Paramount, called the claims baseless. Details of this report were described in a previous report by Boxing Insider.

The bigger financial picture

The proceedings are ongoing alongside a number of separate claims against Mayweather. He faced a $7.3 million IRS tax lien, lawsuits from two Miami jewelers over unpaid bills, a dispute over more than $300,000 in unpaid rent for a Manhattan apartment and a claim for private jet services. Mayweather, who retired in 2017 with a 50-0 record, remains lively in the exhibition ring and has been linked with a rematch with Manny Pacquiao scheduled for September in Las Vegas.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Devin Haney reignites debate over Vasily Lomachenko’s decision

Published

on

Image: The Disputed Haney-Lomachenko Decision: Two Years Later, Still a Robbery in the Eyes of Boxing Fans

Three years later, Devin Haney is still defending the most disputed victory of his career, and after his latest post on X, fans immediately turned their attention back to the fight with Vasily Lomachenko.

Haney reacted after criticism of George Kambosos Jr.’s journey. to become undisputed in the lightweight division, reminding people that he defended his belts against Lomachenko after defeating Kambosos twice in Australia.


The response quickly reopened one of boxing’s longest-running arguments of the last few years. A huge portion of fans and media members still believe that Lomachenko deserved the decision for the May 2023 fight in Las Vegas, especially after the way he finished the second half of the fight.

Many observers scored the championship rounds for Lomachenko, with round ten remaining the biggest point of controversy. Referee Dave Moretti awarding this round to Haney was met with weighty criticism at the time, and is still regularly mentioned when the fight is discussed on the Internet.

Others defended Haney’s victory as a close but reasonable decision based on his early work, jabs, body shots and distance control. Haney also entered the fight with major physical advantages over Lomachenko, including youth, height and reach.

Haney was 24 when he fought Lomachenko, who was already 35 and further into his career. Haney also had a significant reach advantage and was viewed by many as the naturally bigger lightweight.

The fight continues to divide opinion across boxing, with some fans still calling it a robbery while others see it as a final decision that could reasonably have gone either way.

Click here to sign up for our FREE newsletter

Related boxing news:

Categories Devin Haney, Vasily Lomachenko

Last updated: 23/05/2026 at 8:32

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending