Boxing
Jermall Charlo says Crawford makes the same mistake as Jermell against Canelo
Published
12 months agoon
Jermall Charlo says that Terence Crawford makes the same mistake, his brother, Jermell Charlo, committed when he was approaching the height from 154 to 168 to challenge Canelo Alvarez for his titles in 2023.
Jermell was too leisurely after gaining weight and did not have the same speed as during the fight in the medium weight munior. The Crawford frame is smaller than Jermell’s and will be an uncomplicated victim for Canelo (63-2-2, 39 KO) Chips In the fight on September 13 at the Allegant stadium in Las Vegas.
Risky Crawford mass
Jermall asks what the general goal of Crawford is to move to a super medium weight in this fight. He notes that Crawford is not 168-pound and has not fought in the weight class before. He didn’t want to tune. So what is his justification?
“My brother fought with Canelo, not me. I like Crawford in this fight, and he wanted to remain substantial. But my brother told me that this is the mistake he made,” said Jermall Charlo to The mediaSpeaking of his brother, Jermell Charlo, gaining weight, rising from 154 to challenge Canelo Alvarez in 2023.
We saw how Jermell gave up attempts after he was hit with some arrows at an early stage of the fight with Canelo two years ago. His own blows did not affect the Mexican star, because his power did not move since 154. Crawford’s situation is even worse. He looked like a destitute growth from 147 to 154 in his last fight with Israil Madrimov on August 3.
Leisurely Terenca, Canelo’s victim
“He thought he was rising on the scale:” I have to become massive. I have to beat Canelo. ” It surprised him more slowly.
Jermall is right. With a weighty, which Crawford packed in the last year, will be leisurely, dull and an uncomplicated goal for the substantial shots of Canelo. When Terenka feels this power from a Mexican star, he will be on his bike, pedaling as soon as possible to survive.
Money over sense: crawford
“You want a great one to absorb Canelo’s blows. But technically this is not Crawford we will see. Crawford goes to fight Canelo at 168, when he is not 168-pound. Where is the motivation? You have to think about it – said Jermall.
It is obvious what is Crawford’s motivation to go to 168 to challenge Canelo. It’s money. He wants cash for retirement to live like a great king in Omaha, Nebraska. Bud has already shown us that with his decision not to move to 168 and moist your feet, fighting once before his fight with September 13.
It is not that Crawford did not have the opportunity to fight and tune in 168. His last fight took place on August 3 against Israil Madrimov, which meant that he had 13 months of free time to make a warfine in Super Middle Wweight with one of these pretenders:
– Christian Milli
– Edgar Berlanga
– Oslyys Iglesias
– Caleb plant
Last updated 05/30/2025
You may like
Boxing
Canelo responds to David Benavidez by offering him a featherlight heavyweight title fight
Published
29 minutes agoon
May 23, 2026
Canelo Alvarez has commented on David Benavidez’s recent call for a clash between the two teams.
Canelo and Benavidez have been linked to a fight for many years, dating back to when they both competed at super middleweight.
While Canelo remains one of the key fighters at 168 pounds, Benavidez has since moved up the rankings, becoming the WBC featherlight heavyweight champion for the first time claiming he defeated Gilberto Ramirez earlier this month win the WBA and WBO cruiserweight titles.
Following this victory, Benavidez was linked to fights with the likes of Dmitry Bivol and Jai Opetaia, but he once again made it clear that he would offer Canelo a chance to win the WBC 175-pound belt.
Canelo has now responded by revealing in a media interview with Boxing News that he’s not surprised that Benavidez challenged him again, but he doubts that “The Mexican Monster” will still be able to make the featherlight heavyweight limit after moving up to cruiserweight.
“Every boxer in any category challenges me. It’s nothing modern for me. He did well in the fight [against Ramirez]. I’m not surprised [he called me out]but I don’t think he can get to 175 pounds anymore. It’s not my problem.
Canelo has already competed at 175 pounds twice, but for now a move to featherlight heavyweight seems unlikely given his current world title shot against WBC super middleweight champion Christian Mbilli in Riyad, Saudi Arabia on September 12.
Boxing
Mayweather Legal Case: $175 Million Fraud Suit, Child Support Order
Published
3 hours agoon
May 23, 2026
Floyd Mayweather Jr. he spent Friday on both sides of the dock. The retired, undefeated former champion filed a lawsuit accusing former associates of defrauding him of at least $175 million, the same day reports surfaced that a Nevada judge had ordered him to pay more than $1 million in child support. These developments include the $340 million lawsuit Mayweather filed against Showtime in February and a number of smaller claims against him over the past few months.
$175 million fraud case
According to court documents obtained by TMZ SportsMayweather maintains that Jona Rechnitz, a former close associate, spent years gaining his trust before becoming his de facto financial manager, real estate broker and banking broker. The complaint named Rechnitz, Ayala Frist, Frist Apex Ventures and attorney Alexander Seligson, accusing the group of orchestrating a multi-year scheme that allegedly depleted Mayweather’s accounts through fraudulent investments, unauthorized wire transfers and undisclosed business entities.
Among the claims, Mayweather alleges that approximately $100 million worth of jewelry was transferred to Miami jewelers in exchange for approximately $13 million, with most of it still held by dealers; that he committed $7.5 million to an investment that never came to fruition; and that $15 million related to the real estate settlement was transferred without his consent. The filing also alleges that he unknowingly signed documents transferring ownership of his Gulfstream jet, leaving the buyer’s section blank, and that he did not know where the proceeds went. The allegations have not been tested in court and the named parties have not publicly responded as of the filing date of the lawsuit.
Maintenance order
Separately, a Nevada judge found Mayweather, 49, to be the legal father of a 4-year-old girl, Price Moorehead, and ordered him to pay $32,850 a month in continuing support and $933,050 in back payments, he claims. documents reported by Complex and originally obtained by TMZ Sports. The paternity ruling was made in March 2026. The case began in 2023, when Paige Moorehead, who, according to the documents, worked at the Mayweather’s Girl Collection club in Las Vegas, filed a paternity petition. The court granted a default judgment after Mayweather failed to comply with an order to submit to DNA testing. Data cited in the report shows that about $151,000 has been paid toward the remaining amount, and a judge has granted a lien on California properties linked to Mayweather of up to $2 million to secure payment.
Showtime Suit
The novel filings are the culmination of a $340 million lawsuit Mayweather filed in February against Showtime Networks and former Showtime Sports president Stephen Espinoza in Los Angeles County Superior Court. That complaint alleges that Mayweather’s former manager and advisor, Al Haymon, orchestrated a long-running financial fraud scheme involving the network and Espinoza, citing four causes of action, including aiding and abetting breach of fiduciary duty and civil conspiracy to commit fraud. In the complaint, Haymon was described as the architect of the alleged scheme but was not named as a defendant. Espinoza said he was surprised by the lawsuit and defended his records, while a spokesman for Showtime’s parent company, Paramount, called the claims baseless. Details of this report were described in a previous report by Boxing Insider.
The bigger financial picture
The proceedings are ongoing alongside a number of separate claims against Mayweather. He faced a $7.3 million IRS tax lien, lawsuits from two Miami jewelers over unpaid bills, a dispute over more than $300,000 in unpaid rent for a Manhattan apartment and a claim for private jet services. Mayweather, who retired in 2017 with a 50-0 record, remains lively in the exhibition ring and has been linked with a rematch with Manny Pacquiao scheduled for September in Las Vegas.
Boxing
Devin Haney reignites debate over Vasily Lomachenko’s decision
Published
5 hours agoon
May 23, 2026
Three years later, Devin Haney is still defending the most disputed victory of his career, and after his latest post on X, fans immediately turned their attention back to the fight with Vasily Lomachenko.
Haney reacted after criticism of George Kambosos Jr.’s journey. to become undisputed in the lightweight division, reminding people that he defended his belts against Lomachenko after defeating Kambosos twice in Australia.
Great and all… don’t forget that the belts were defended against Loma 😎 https://t.co/c95r79Beos
— Devin Haney (@Realdevinhaney) May 23, 2026
The response quickly reopened one of boxing’s longest-running arguments of the last few years. A huge portion of fans and media members still believe that Lomachenko deserved the decision for the May 2023 fight in Las Vegas, especially after the way he finished the second half of the fight.
Many observers scored the championship rounds for Lomachenko, with round ten remaining the biggest point of controversy. Referee Dave Moretti awarding this round to Haney was met with weighty criticism at the time, and is still regularly mentioned when the fight is discussed on the Internet.
Others defended Haney’s victory as a close but reasonable decision based on his early work, jabs, body shots and distance control. Haney also entered the fight with major physical advantages over Lomachenko, including youth, height and reach.
Haney was 24 when he fought Lomachenko, who was already 35 and further into his career. Haney also had a significant reach advantage and was viewed by many as the naturally bigger lightweight.
The fight continues to divide opinion across boxing, with some fans still calling it a robbery while others see it as a final decision that could reasonably have gone either way.
Dan Ambrose is a boxing journalist at Boxing News 24, respected for his direct analysis and extensive coverage of the global fighting landscape. His reports focus on the most essential fights, division development and the most discussed stories in sports.
Click here to sign up for our FREE newsletter
Related boxing news:
Last updated: 23/05/2026 at 8:32
Canelo responds to David Benavidez by offering him a featherlight heavyweight title fight
Claressa Shields SLAPS Alycia Baumgardner IN THE FACE During HEATED Confrontation 😱
Mayweather Legal Case: $175 Million Fraud Suit, Child Support Order
Pacquiao vs marquez competition: History of violence
Dmitry Menshikov statement in the February fight
Stephen Fulton Jr. becomes world champion in two weight by means of a decision
Claressa Shields SLAPS Alycia Baumgardner IN THE FACE During HEATED Confrontation 😱
“HE WASN’T INTERESTED IN ANY POLITICS OR MEDIA!” – HONEST response to DANIEL DUBOIS media approach
Canelo Alvarez Reveals He’s “DISAPPOINTED” With Terence Crawford, Reacts To David Benavidez
Trending
-
Opinions & Features1 year agoPacquiao vs marquez competition: History of violence
-
MMA1 year agoDmitry Menshikov statement in the February fight
-
Results1 year agoStephen Fulton Jr. becomes world champion in two weight by means of a decision
-
Results1 year agoKeyshawn Davis Ko’s Berinchyk, when Xander Zayas moves to 21-0
-
Video1 year agoFrank Warren on Derek Chisora vs Otto Wallin – ‘I THOUGHT OTTO WOULD GIVE DEREK PROBLEMS!’
-
Analysis1 year agoRobert Garcia discusses the debate on the greatest Mexican warrior in history
-
Video1 year ago‘DEREK CHISORA RETIRE TONIGHT!’ – Anthony Yarde PLEADS for retirement after WALLIN
-
Results1 year agoLive: Catterall vs Barboza results and results card



