Connect with us

Boxing

ITAUMA EYES WALLIN or Franklin Fight promoter

Published

on

Image: WBO's Moses Itauma #1 Rank: A Farce?

Promoter of Moses Itauma, Francis Warren, says that he is interested in Itauma (12-0, 10 KO), probably fighting with Otto Wallin or Jermaine Franklin, after the second technical knockout of Mike Baloguna last Saturday evening in Glasgow in Scotland.

Next ITAUMA fight options

Wallin lost two of the last four fights and is experiencing a 41-year-old journeyman Derek Chisor. Most fans would agree that Wallin would be a impoverished option for Itum to fight when it comes to developing him and give him. I have doubts whether it would be the goal of the management of Ituma in battle. The choice of Wallin, 34, would make itauma look good.

Francis also says he wants “Top 10“The opponent of Ituma in a bulky eliminator. The utilize of Wallin or Jermaine Franklin would not work if this path was followed. None of these journeymen were in the top ten by any of the four sanctioning bodies, and Franklin is not in the top 15.

Ituma is not ideal to go on an effortless way to become a must -have winner of Oleksandr Usyk vs. Daniel Dubois. 20-year-old Ituma is not developed, and impoverished supplies are constantly performed for it. This is criticism of boxing fans about Ituma.

Creating a false star

Ituma looks like it was created to make it look better than he. The opposition stuck to the ring so that Moses suggested to fight Is produced Be a false star.

The problem of this type of fighters is that they must be protected throughout their career to stop them from losing. We just saw another false Fury, repeatedly beaten, when he finally approached for the first time at the end of his career against his first quality warrior, Oleksandr Utyk.

In order for Ituma to be developed in a real way, he should fight these warriors for the next two or three years:

– Joseph Parker
– Agit Kabayel
– Zhilei Zhang
– Jalolov Yalolov
– Richard Torrez Jr.
– flying
– Filip Hrgovic
– Fabio Wardley
– Martin Bakole

It does not seem that the leadership of Moses Itum is interested in matching him to any of these warriors, except for the miserably poorly conditioned 300-pound bacon. I doubt Ituma would beat up to half of the above warriors, because he was hit and looked like Mike Balogun’s former NFL player last night.

Matchmaking: Smoke & Mirrors

“We want to fight someone in the top ten, and it would be an eliminator. I’m sure we’ll be able to do it,” said Francis Warren Boxnation About the next fight of Moses Itaum. “I think Otto Wallin would be great Fight for him next. “

Wallin would be a terrible choice because he can’t hit, a failure of Chisora ​​and probably would not give ituma rounds. Otto was knocked out in five rounds by Anthony Joshua in 2023. He was dropped twice by the washed Chisor in February last year. This tells you everything you need to know why Wallin would be chosen for the next opponent of Itum. It is an effortless sign and would not be a threat to the disclosure of 20-year-old Moses.

“Otto proved that he is a very strong, difficult opponent who gained respect from the boxing community because of the work he did against Tyson [Fury]Anthony [Joshua]Francis said. “He gave Derek [Chisora] A great fight and for Moses who wants to get a little is probably a great challenge. Jermaine Franklin is another one that I particularly like the appearance. By the end of the year, we will want to accelerate it much. “

Franklin has lost two of the last four fights and is not a ranking. ITAUMA management should be intentional higher than he and Wallin. Again, they should focus on matching Ituma to warriors such as Kabayel, Torrez Jr, Jalolov, Dubois, Ajagba and Wardley. If Ituma loses with these guys, his promoters can focus on developing him more. Until now, zero development has been made. He is fed with tomato cans to make it look great, but it is obvious that it is smoke and mirrors.

Bakole: not the level of ituma

“We get number 1 from WBO,” said Francis about the fact that Ituma is moved to the first place by the World Boxing Organization. “It is the best of WBA. It is, so we sit nicely with two organizations and I think it depends on us when we want to pull the trigger to raise our hands to go to the next stage.”

It is surprising that Ituma was raised to number 1 with WBO after he was a warrior without TOP 15, Balogun. How is this happening? Ituma has not yet fought with a pretender and probably should not be arranged at the highest level, taking into account the impoverished opposition he mowed. Ituma is matched, like Edgar Berlanga, when he promoted him the highest rank. At the beginning of his careers, they fed 16 unyielding, allowing him to create a 16-0 record with 16 knockouts. When he approached the journeymen, he began to fight and soon left the company. Ituma is moved like him.

“Choosing Martin Bakole is a large mistake. Even Frank [Warren] He knows that I am not his level – said Martin Bakole for boxing TalkSport, he explains that he considers Moses Itauma as under his level at which he works. “I can’t wait to fight for the world championship title. If I want to fight me, I don’t know why I would fight him. For what?”

Last updated 05/25/2025

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Boxing

Devin Haney reignites debate over Vasily Lomachenko’s decision

Published

on

Image: The Disputed Haney-Lomachenko Decision: Two Years Later, Still a Robbery in the Eyes of Boxing Fans

Three years later, Devin Haney is still defending the most disputed victory of his career, and after his latest post on X, fans immediately turned their attention back to the fight with Vasily Lomachenko.

Haney reacted after criticism of George Kambosos Jr.’s journey. to become undisputed in the lightweight division, reminding people that he defended his belts against Lomachenko after defeating Kambosos twice in Australia.


The response quickly reopened one of boxing’s longest-running arguments of the last few years. A huge portion of fans and media members still believe that Lomachenko deserved the decision for the May 2023 fight in Las Vegas, especially after the way he finished the second half of the fight.

Many observers scored the championship rounds for Lomachenko, with round ten remaining the biggest point of controversy. Referee Dave Moretti awarding this round to Haney was met with weighty criticism at the time, and is still regularly mentioned when the fight is discussed on the Internet.

Others defended Haney’s victory as a close but reasonable decision based on his early work, jabs, body shots and distance control. Haney also entered the fight with major physical advantages over Lomachenko, including youth, height and reach.

Haney was 24 when he fought Lomachenko, who was already 35 and further into his career. Haney also had a significant reach advantage and was viewed by many as the naturally bigger lightweight.

The fight continues to divide opinion across boxing, with some fans still calling it a robbery while others see it as a final decision that could reasonably have gone either way.

Click here to sign up for our FREE newsletter

Related boxing news:

Categories Devin Haney, Vasily Lomachenko

Last updated: 23/05/2026 at 8:32

Continue Reading

Boxing

‘I’m back and I want him’: Former heavyweight champion calls out Tyson Fury ahead of comeback

Published

on

“I’m back and I want him”: Former heavyweight champion calls out Tyson Fury ahead of comeback

Tyson Fury has been called up by the former heavyweight champion, who could derail the 37-year-old’s expected clash with Anthony Joshua later this year.

Both Britons will face each other in October or November, with Joshua first having to defeat Kristian Prenga on July 25 in Riyad, Saudi Arabia.

Meanwhile, Fury is planning another warm-up fight, likely in August, following his unanimous decision victory over Arslanbek Makhmudov last month.

Before defeating Makhmudov, the “Gypsy King” had not fought since 2024, when he suffered consecutive point losses to Oleksandr Usyk in May and December.

Fury appears to be looking to make up for lost time, wanting one more fight before he finally clashes with long-time rival Joshua.

Of the names mentioned, Andy Ruiz Jr was clearly the most promising to fight the two-time heavyweight champion.

Despite the fact that he has not fought since drawing with Jarrell Miller in August 2024The American, who injured his hand in that fight, is now preparing to end two years of inactivity and wants to fight Fury.

I’m talking to talkSPORTRuiz insisted that even if their showdown doesn’t happen in August, his goal will be to fight Fury within the next 12 months.

“That’s why I had to come here [to Egypt] and I will show my face so that they know that Andy is back, Andy has recovered and is in good shape.

“In the next 12 months or before I retire… I want Tyson Fury.”

Known for his huge upset victory over Joshua in 2019 to become unified world champion, Ruiz has fought largely sporadically since losing their rematch later this year.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Oleksandr Usyk is jumping on the novelty fight sauce train

Published

on

Author: Sean Crose

It’s been going on for years – a phenomenon of novelty boxing matches pitting famed fighters against fighters who are generally looking for either a payday or one last moment of glory. MMM legends vs. world-class boxers, MMA legends vs. social media influencers, great boxers of the past fighting far beyond their shelf life, it’s a circus that sometimes borders on tragedy – if there weren’t so much money at stake. Yes – these pioneering matchups can attract many eyes. Indeed, they often rank among the most watched combat sports events in the years in which they take place.

Most of these novelty matches make a lot of financial sense for the parties involved. For the underdogs who almost always lose, there is a pot of gold at the end of this rather painful rainbow. And for a fighter representing the current boxing establishment, it’s uncomplicated money. The truth is that these fights are usually very predictable: an over the hill or inexperienced boxer is defeated (sometimes in brutal fashion), while a member of boxing’s current royal family pockets a huge and easily earned payday.

One thing that wasn’t entirely predictable was heavyweight king Oleksandr Usyk’s decision to fight an pioneering fight himself. In a sport that can sometimes seem clownish, Usyk has been a role model for the seriousness of his profession. While some of his peers like Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder may enjoy a bit of clowning around, Usyk takes all of boxing seriously, and it’s not because he doesn’t have a good sense of humor. This is indeed the case. However, no one questions his dedication, because the guy approaches each fight as if it were his last.

That’s why it was strange to many when Usyk announced he would fight Rico Verhoeven in Egypt, anywhere else, on a major pay-per-view event. Usyk always seemed to roll his eyes at such feats. Here, however, he is going to fight one of the best kickboxers in the world. The thing is…. When you think about it, Usyk has every right in the world to engage in his own pioneering fight. He was the undisputed cruiserweight champion, then the undisputed heavyweight champion, defeated the absolute best in the business and showed what a gifted athlete a professional boxer could be.

And although there is no doubt that Usyk will win Saturday’s fight literally in front of the pyramids, there is also no doubt that the man will not make a career against undeserving opponents. Indeed, Usyk has made it clear that he intends to retire soon, so he wants to get on the gravy train while the going is good. And really, who can blame them? Again, he fought everyone in his path, he comes from a war-torn country, and he has done nothing but make the sport look more reputable than it probably deserves.

Usyk thus deserved the right to Saturday’s penalty kick. As long as he doesn’t look terrible and get beaten up, we’ll soon forget about it. With only a few opponents left after Saturday’s fight, we’ll focus on who he’ll fight next. There is nothing modern about this, especially when it comes to someone like Usyk, who sums up his legacy as perhaps one of the greatest in the heavyweight division. This, of course, will be decided by history. Boxing fans can get absorbed in this moment, whether it involves something modern or not.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending