Connect with us

Boxing

Inside Henhouse: “reconnaissance” by Bill Haney in the Richardson Hitchins gym

Published

on

Image: "Not Chasing Zero," But Chasing Another Loss? Kambosos Jr.'s Bold Talk Masks Questionable Title Shot Against Hitchins

Venerable Fox, Bill Haney, was today in Henhouse, at the reconnaissance mission in the Richardson Hitchins gym against the defense of his IBF welterweight title against George Cambosos Jr. June 14 at the theater in Madison Square Garden in Recent York. Bill claims that he was on vacation, but now he returned, looking for competition, storing knowledge for future opponents for his son, Devin Haney, to fight.

Haney needs a solid win for fans to forget about their shy performance against Jose Ramirez on the card on May 2. The fight, which Bill and Devin thought they would have against Ryan Garcia in October, seems to raise in smoke because of the way they performed on the Times Squad card. However, Hitchins is not an opponent who Haney must regain his credibility. He needs someone like Brian Norman Jr, Jaron Ennis or Shakhram Giyasov.

Bill Haney: Scouting Mission

Hitchins (19-0, 7 KO) fights one of Devin’s victims, Cambosos Jr. (22-3, 10 KO), whom he defeated twice in 2022 to become the undisputed champion of lightweight. It was Haney’s best victory and since then he was unable to compare it in his three fights.

In a very criticized move, Richardson rejected the fight with the former IBF 140-LB champion Subriel Matias for the fight against Cambosos. The praise that Hitchins briefly got for defeating Liam Paro to capture the title of IBF in December last year, she evaporated day by day after he rejected the fight with Matias. Fans perceived it as a duck, which is quite an true view. When you reject the fight with Subriel in favor of 2-3 Cambosos, there is no other way to interpret the movement.

Hitchins hardly tried to build the name of Cambosos to seem more credible in the eyes of public opinion. It almost sounds like he was a Cambosos promoter with glazing he made.

Richardson Hitchins: “No, he doesn’t want to do it,” said Hitchins Warrior When he said he heard that Devin Haney wanted to go back to 140. “Since I had become [IBF light welterweight] Master, Haney pulled out the fuck. “

Bill Haney: “I’ll tell you one thing. I was on vacation, but now I came back. I spirish. Yes, I am looking for a master [Hitchins]. “

Hitchins: “June 14, I will show him what his son [Devin] He should have done George Cambosos. What he did was chilly, boxing and anything. What I do with one of his best won his son will be nasty. We intend to wake him up with this fight, “Hitchins said when he said that the Times Square card in Recent York, for which Haney fought, is” monotonous “.

Bill: “Just be careful. Eat easily, eat wisely, because Cambosos is not effortless to chew. Devin looked like this. Cambosos is a good warrior. I expect a good match between two extremely talented warriors and I will watch here. But now I’m looking.”

Last updated 05/20/2025

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Boxing

‘I’m back and I want him’: Former heavyweight champion calls out Tyson Fury ahead of comeback

Published

on

“I’m back and I want him”: Former heavyweight champion calls out Tyson Fury ahead of comeback

Tyson Fury has been called up by the former heavyweight champion, who could derail the 37-year-old’s expected clash with Anthony Joshua later this year.

Both Britons will face each other in October or November, with Joshua first having to defeat Kristian Prenga on July 25 in Riyad, Saudi Arabia.

Meanwhile, Fury is planning another warm-up fight, likely in August, following his unanimous decision victory over Arslanbek Makhmudov last month.

Before defeating Makhmudov, the “Gypsy King” had not fought since 2024, when he suffered consecutive point losses to Oleksandr Usyk in May and December.

Fury appears to be looking to make up for lost time, wanting one more fight before he finally clashes with long-time rival Joshua.

Of the names mentioned, Andy Ruiz Jr was clearly the most promising to fight the two-time heavyweight champion.

Despite the fact that he has not fought since drawing with Jarrell Miller in August 2024The American, who injured his hand in that fight, is now preparing to end two years of inactivity and wants to fight Fury.

I’m talking to talkSPORTRuiz insisted that even if their showdown doesn’t happen in August, his goal will be to fight Fury within the next 12 months.

“That’s why I had to come here [to Egypt] and I will show my face so that they know that Andy is back, Andy has recovered and is in good shape.

“In the next 12 months or before I retire… I want Tyson Fury.”

Known for his huge upset victory over Joshua in 2019 to become unified world champion, Ruiz has fought largely sporadically since losing their rematch later this year.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Oleksandr Usyk is jumping on the novelty fight sauce train

Published

on

Author: Sean Crose

It’s been going on for years – a phenomenon of novelty boxing matches pitting famed fighters against fighters who are generally looking for either a payday or one last moment of glory. MMM legends vs. world-class boxers, MMA legends vs. social media influencers, great boxers of the past fighting far beyond their shelf life, it’s a circus that sometimes borders on tragedy – if there weren’t so much money at stake. Yes – these pioneering matchups can attract many eyes. Indeed, they often rank among the most watched combat sports events in the years in which they take place.

Most of these novelty matches make a lot of financial sense for the parties involved. For the underdogs who almost always lose, there is a pot of gold at the end of this rather painful rainbow. And for a fighter representing the current boxing establishment, it’s uncomplicated money. The truth is that these fights are usually very predictable: an over the hill or inexperienced boxer is defeated (sometimes in brutal fashion), while a member of boxing’s current royal family pockets a huge and easily earned payday.

One thing that wasn’t entirely predictable was heavyweight king Oleksandr Usyk’s decision to fight an pioneering fight himself. In a sport that can sometimes seem clownish, Usyk has been a role model for the seriousness of his profession. While some of his peers like Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder may enjoy a bit of clowning around, Usyk takes all of boxing seriously, and it’s not because he doesn’t have a good sense of humor. This is indeed the case. However, no one questions his dedication, because the guy approaches each fight as if it were his last.

That’s why it was strange to many when Usyk announced he would fight Rico Verhoeven in Egypt, anywhere else, on a major pay-per-view event. Usyk always seemed to roll his eyes at such feats. Here, however, he is going to fight one of the best kickboxers in the world. The thing is…. When you think about it, Usyk has every right in the world to engage in his own pioneering fight. He was the undisputed cruiserweight champion, then the undisputed heavyweight champion, defeated the absolute best in the business and showed what a gifted athlete a professional boxer could be.

And although there is no doubt that Usyk will win Saturday’s fight literally in front of the pyramids, there is also no doubt that the man will not make a career against undeserving opponents. Indeed, Usyk has made it clear that he intends to retire soon, so he wants to get on the gravy train while the going is good. And really, who can blame them? Again, he fought everyone in his path, he comes from a war-torn country, and he has done nothing but make the sport look more reputable than it probably deserves.

Usyk thus deserved the right to Saturday’s penalty kick. As long as he doesn’t look terrible and get beaten up, we’ll soon forget about it. With only a few opponents left after Saturday’s fight, we’ll focus on who he’ll fight next. There is nothing modern about this, especially when it comes to someone like Usyk, who sums up his legacy as perhaps one of the greatest in the heavyweight division. This, of course, will be decided by history. Boxing fans can get absorbed in this moment, whether it involves something modern or not.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Live scores Oleksander Usyk – Rico Verhoeven from Egypt

Published

on

Image: Oleksandr Usyk vs Rico Verhoeven Live Results From Egypt

The main card begins at 1 p.m. ET on DAZN PPV. Eliminations begin at 11:00 a.m. ET.

Live results

Oleksandr Usyk vs. Rico Verhoeven, 12 rounds, heavyweight, WBC title

Hamzah Sheeraz vs. Alem Begic, 12 rounds, super middleweight, vacant WBO title

Jack Catterall vs. Shakhram Giyasov, 12 rounds, welterweight, vacant WBA regular title

Frank Sanchez vs. Richard Torrez Jr., 12 rounds, heavyweight, IBF eliminator

Mizuki Hiruta vs. Mai Soliman, 10 rounds, super flyweight, WBO title

Daniel Lapin vs. Benjamin Mendes, 10 rounds, delicate heavyweight

Basem Mamdouh vs. Jamar Talley, 6 rounds, cruiserweight

Sultan Almohammed vs. Deny Impart, 4 rounds, featherweight

Mohamed Mabrouk vs. Yehya Ali Sserunkuma, 4 rounds, super lightweight

Omar Hikal vs. Michael Kalyala, 4 rounds, middleweight

Master card schedule

1:00 PM ET: Daniel Lapin vs. Benjamin Mendes
13:53 ET: Mizuki Hiruta vs. Mai Soliman
14:37 ET: Frank Sanchez vs. Richard Torrez Jr.
15:39 ET: Jack Catterall vs. Shakhram Giyasov
16:42 ET: Hamzah Sheeraz vs. Alem Begic
17:56 ET: Oleksandr Usyk vs. Rico Verhoeven

Tentative schedule

11:00 ET: Omar Hikal vs. Michael Kalyala
11:30 ET: Mohamed Mabrouk Yehya vs. Ali Sserunkuma
11:55 ET: Sultan Almohammed vs. Deny Impart
12:20 ET: Basem Mamdouh vs. Jamar Talley

How to watch

Usyk vs. match broadcast Verhoeven live on DAZN PPV from the Pyramids of Giza, Egypt. The broadcast begins with prelims at 11 a.m. ET, followed by the main card at 1 p.m. ET.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending