Boxing
Fury pension: Does he regret that he is not fighting Joshua?
Published
12 months agoon
Gareth A. Davies believes that Tyson Fury can Live to regret it If he does not leave a pension to fight Anthony Joshua. It is possible that Fury’s decision, to stay retired, play safely, can torment him later in his life for not showing courage to take the clash of Joshua when he had a chance.
Fury likes to talk about himself as a warrior ready for war, but his actions suggest that he is afraid to go to the front line and risk his skin. He would prefer someone else to take all the risk when he stays in R&R, eating caviar, living an effortless life.
Millions lost: selfish choice
The attitude of “Gypsy King” has a lack of return, it is perceived as selfish, because he can earn $ 150-200 million for two fights with AJ. He could create with the cake Dynasty similar to Rockefeller Down Future generations of the Fury family.
Last week, there was a two -time heavyweight champion of Fury sounded challenging, speaking on social media, “Why would I come back? I am retired and I am retired. I have nothing to prove to anyone and nothing to return. “After losing the last two fights with Oleksandr Usyk, Fury seems to be an sore loser, behaving like a bitter victim.
Pay attention to selfish, abstaining attitudes?
“Considering what is said about Tyson, there is ambivalence about Tyson,” said Gareth Davies Boxing TalkSport About the retirement of Tyson Fury. “He said he was” demolished “. It seems to me that there are no nodules in his career. [pounds] at the bank. He has generational wealth there. “
Unrealized wealth of the Fury
Tyson certainly has generational wealth, but he could double this number if he showed the courage and ambition to return to two fights with Joshua and the trilogy against Oleksander Usyk. Assuming that Tyson wins his two fights with a faded AJ, he could end the $ 500 million of fortune until retirement.
“It would be huge and it would be a two -fighting agreement. You can open the Riyada season in October.” I could prove something. I should prove something, “said Gareth, about how Fury does not leave a pension to fight Anthony Joshua.
Last updated 05/25/2025
You may like
Boxing
Devin Haney reignites debate over Vasily Lomachenko’s decision
Published
2 hours agoon
May 23, 2026
Three years later, Devin Haney is still defending the most disputed victory of his career, and after his latest post on X, fans immediately turned their attention back to the fight with Vasily Lomachenko.
Haney reacted after criticism of George Kambosos Jr.’s journey. to become undisputed in the lightweight division, reminding people that he defended his belts against Lomachenko after defeating Kambosos twice in Australia.
Great and all… don’t forget that the belts were defended against Loma 😎 https://t.co/c95r79Beos
— Devin Haney (@Realdevinhaney) May 23, 2026
The response quickly reopened one of boxing’s longest-running arguments of the last few years. A huge portion of fans and media members still believe that Lomachenko deserved the decision for the May 2023 fight in Las Vegas, especially after the way he finished the second half of the fight.
Many observers scored the championship rounds for Lomachenko, with round ten remaining the biggest point of controversy. Referee Dave Moretti awarding this round to Haney was met with weighty criticism at the time, and is still regularly mentioned when the fight is discussed on the Internet.
Others defended Haney’s victory as a close but reasonable decision based on his early work, jabs, body shots and distance control. Haney also entered the fight with major physical advantages over Lomachenko, including youth, height and reach.
Haney was 24 when he fought Lomachenko, who was already 35 and further into his career. Haney also had a significant reach advantage and was viewed by many as the naturally bigger lightweight.
The fight continues to divide opinion across boxing, with some fans still calling it a robbery while others see it as a final decision that could reasonably have gone either way.
Dan Ambrose is a boxing journalist at Boxing News 24, respected for his direct analysis and extensive coverage of the global fighting landscape. His reports focus on the most essential fights, division development and the most discussed stories in sports.
Click here to sign up for our FREE newsletter
Related boxing news:
Last updated: 23/05/2026 at 8:32
Boxing
‘I’m back and I want him’: Former heavyweight champion calls out Tyson Fury ahead of comeback
Published
4 hours agoon
May 23, 2026
Tyson Fury has been called up by the former heavyweight champion, who could derail the 37-year-old’s expected clash with Anthony Joshua later this year.
Both Britons will face each other in October or November, with Joshua first having to defeat Kristian Prenga on July 25 in Riyad, Saudi Arabia.
Meanwhile, Fury is planning another warm-up fight, likely in August, following his unanimous decision victory over Arslanbek Makhmudov last month.
Before defeating Makhmudov, the “Gypsy King” had not fought since 2024, when he suffered consecutive point losses to Oleksandr Usyk in May and December.
Fury appears to be looking to make up for lost time, wanting one more fight before he finally clashes with long-time rival Joshua.
Of the names mentioned, Andy Ruiz Jr was clearly the most promising to fight the two-time heavyweight champion.
Despite the fact that he has not fought since drawing with Jarrell Miller in August 2024The American, who injured his hand in that fight, is now preparing to end two years of inactivity and wants to fight Fury.
I’m talking to talkSPORTRuiz insisted that even if their showdown doesn’t happen in August, his goal will be to fight Fury within the next 12 months.
“That’s why I had to come here [to Egypt] and I will show my face so that they know that Andy is back, Andy has recovered and is in good shape.
“In the next 12 months or before I retire… I want Tyson Fury.”
Known for his huge upset victory over Joshua in 2019 to become unified world champion, Ruiz has fought largely sporadically since losing their rematch later this year.
Boxing
Oleksandr Usyk is jumping on the novelty fight sauce train
Published
6 hours agoon
May 23, 2026
Author: Sean Crose
It’s been going on for years – a phenomenon of novelty boxing matches pitting famed fighters against fighters who are generally looking for either a payday or one last moment of glory. MMM legends vs. world-class boxers, MMA legends vs. social media influencers, great boxers of the past fighting far beyond their shelf life, it’s a circus that sometimes borders on tragedy – if there weren’t so much money at stake. Yes – these pioneering matchups can attract many eyes. Indeed, they often rank among the most watched combat sports events in the years in which they take place.
Most of these novelty matches make a lot of financial sense for the parties involved. For the underdogs who almost always lose, there is a pot of gold at the end of this rather painful rainbow. And for a fighter representing the current boxing establishment, it’s uncomplicated money. The truth is that these fights are usually very predictable: an over the hill or inexperienced boxer is defeated (sometimes in brutal fashion), while a member of boxing’s current royal family pockets a huge and easily earned payday.
One thing that wasn’t entirely predictable was heavyweight king Oleksandr Usyk’s decision to fight an pioneering fight himself. In a sport that can sometimes seem clownish, Usyk has been a role model for the seriousness of his profession. While some of his peers like Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder may enjoy a bit of clowning around, Usyk takes all of boxing seriously, and it’s not because he doesn’t have a good sense of humor. This is indeed the case. However, no one questions his dedication, because the guy approaches each fight as if it were his last.
That’s why it was strange to many when Usyk announced he would fight Rico Verhoeven in Egypt, anywhere else, on a major pay-per-view event. Usyk always seemed to roll his eyes at such feats. Here, however, he is going to fight one of the best kickboxers in the world. The thing is…. When you think about it, Usyk has every right in the world to engage in his own pioneering fight. He was the undisputed cruiserweight champion, then the undisputed heavyweight champion, defeated the absolute best in the business and showed what a gifted athlete a professional boxer could be.
And although there is no doubt that Usyk will win Saturday’s fight literally in front of the pyramids, there is also no doubt that the man will not make a career against undeserving opponents. Indeed, Usyk has made it clear that he intends to retire soon, so he wants to get on the gravy train while the going is good. And really, who can blame them? Again, he fought everyone in his path, he comes from a war-torn country, and he has done nothing but make the sport look more reputable than it probably deserves.
Usyk thus deserved the right to Saturday’s penalty kick. As long as he doesn’t look terrible and get beaten up, we’ll soon forget about it. With only a few opponents left after Saturday’s fight, we’ll focus on who he’ll fight next. There is nothing modern about this, especially when it comes to someone like Usyk, who sums up his legacy as perhaps one of the greatest in the heavyweight division. This, of course, will be decided by history. Boxing fans can get absorbed in this moment, whether it involves something modern or not.
Devin Haney reignites debate over Vasily Lomachenko’s decision
“HE WASN’T INTERESTED IN ANY POLITICS OR MEDIA!” – HONEST response to DANIEL DUBOIS media approach
Canelo Alvarez Reveals He’s “DISAPPOINTED” With Terence Crawford, Reacts To David Benavidez
Pacquiao vs marquez competition: History of violence
Dmitry Menshikov statement in the February fight
Stephen Fulton Jr. becomes world champion in two weight by means of a decision
“HE WASN’T INTERESTED IN ANY POLITICS OR MEDIA!” – HONEST response to DANIEL DUBOIS media approach
Canelo Alvarez Reveals He’s “DISAPPOINTED” With Terence Crawford, Reacts To David Benavidez
DEREK CHISORA SLAMS FABIO WARDLEY – “HE WASN’T READY FOR BOXING, HE DIDN’T TRAIN!”
Trending
-
Opinions & Features1 year agoPacquiao vs marquez competition: History of violence
-
MMA1 year agoDmitry Menshikov statement in the February fight
-
Results1 year agoStephen Fulton Jr. becomes world champion in two weight by means of a decision
-
Results1 year agoKeyshawn Davis Ko’s Berinchyk, when Xander Zayas moves to 21-0
-
Video1 year agoFrank Warren on Derek Chisora vs Otto Wallin – ‘I THOUGHT OTTO WOULD GIVE DEREK PROBLEMS!’
-
Analysis1 year agoRobert Garcia discusses the debate on the greatest Mexican warrior in history
-
Video1 year ago‘DEREK CHISORA RETIRE TONIGHT!’ – Anthony Yarde PLEADS for retirement after WALLIN
-
Results1 year agoLive: Catterall vs Barboza results and results card



