Connect with us

Boxing

Devin Haney vs. Brian Norman Jr.: Haney experience and a higher key level opposition to victory in November Showdown

Published

on

Image: Devin Haney vs. Brian Norman Jr.: Haney's Experience and Higher-Level Opposition Key to November Showdown Victory

Commentator Chris Mannix believes that Devin Haney has a great chance to defeat the WBO WBO Norman Jr. in November. He says that the opposition with which Norman Jr. (28-0, 22 KO) During his career, he is not at the level he will deal with the former world champion in two letters Haney (32-0, 15 KO).

Norman Jr. unverified?

Mannix notes that 26-year-old Haney has more experience, 10 pounds for the best 10 and knows how to fight punchers such as Norman Jr. Holy’s care as a favorite, which is surprising, considering that he is China and faces the biggest hit in the Wagiwska ward.

“It is not observed at this point. You can’t say he is winning [Giovani] Santillan, [Derrieck] Cuevas and Jin Sasaki are equivalent to Devin Haney – said Chris Mannix Boxing DAZN About Master WBO Wytreight Brian Norman Jr., did not face the level of fighters who can compare with what Devin Haney intends.

Norman guys Jr. Recently they fought, they are not as talented as Haney, but everyone has better impact power. Even Sasaki has more pop in his shots than Devin, and his chin is also at a different level. Demanding shots that Sasaki shot against Norman on June 19 would easily eliminate Haney.

“I think that the fight against Ramirez was less than 147 years antique. It will be full 147 pounds. I think it will be better.”

Haney looked like shells in his fight with leisurely ones, his best Jose Ramirez passed in May last year. He did not want to get involved with him at all, and he is not half the impact, which is 24-year-old Brian Norman Jr. If Devin did not want to stand and fight with Ramirez, it will be even more when he feels the power of Norman Jr. in the first round.

Doubts of the resistance to the impact

“When you take more weight to your body, you are better for it. He will probably have a better chin,” said Mannix about Haney. “If Brian Norman joins the way he did with Jin Sasaki, it’s over. He’ll be a handful for Brian Norman.”

Establishing a greater weight is not a guarantee that the warrior will have better impact resistance. This is the story of antique wives. Many fighters who have been knocked out say that their impact resistance will be better when they rise. When they rise, they are still knocked out. It is worse for them because they become harder when they move up. We will probably see it with Haney, who will face the biggest hit in his career, Norman Jr.

Is Haney P4P TOP 10?

“We’ll find out in this fight if he is a real opportunity. He looked really good against opponents B and C. Let’s see what a guy looks like [Haney] With real talent of 10 pounds per pounds. “

Let’s explain it straight. Haney is not a real 10-pound warrior for a pound. Mannix goes out side with Devin’s praise, classifying him as a ten 10 pounds per pounds. Devin’s last two fights have shown that he is a warrior at level B, and maybe not even to be when he finally moved to 147.

Norman Jr. It will show if Haney is a warrior at the highest level in welterweight, or simply another of many former persecutors who are brought to the ground when they move up, where they no longer have the advantage of size.

Haney should have been fighting 147 years ago, but he was able to drain to 135 and 140 to operate his additional size to dominate the opposition. Only two good fighters, Vasily Lomachenko and Ryan Garcia, fought in those years and probably lost to both.

Last updated 07/04/2025

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Boxing

Teofimo Lopez Challenges Fathers Corner Decisions After Shakur Stevenson Defeat

Published

on

"Teofimo Lopez Challenges Father's Corner Decisions After Shakur Stevenson Defeat"

Teofimo Lopez has criticised his father for showing a lack of competence during his unanimous decision defeat to Shakur Stevenson.

‘The Takeover’ was handily outboxed and dethroned by Stevenson in January, winning just one round as his opponent became a four-division world champion at 140lbs.

As a result, Lopez is now moving up to 147lbs in an attempt to reinvent himself and become a three-weight world champion against Rolando Romero.

But while he felt a change in weight was most certainly needed, the 29-year-old saw no reason to dismiss his father, Teofimo Sr, as his head coach.

This is in spite of the fact that Lopez Sr was heavily ridiculed for his efforts in the corner at Madison Square Garden, where Stevenson’s route to victory was only made clearer by his bizarre style of coaching.

Rather than offering his son any words of advice, he just simply pointed out his flaws and gave the defending champion no direction on how to improve.

Lopez therefore confronted his father while speaking with Ring Magazinealbeit with no threats of employing a different trainer.

“Every son wants to make their father proud. When you got your father in that moment – when you’re bleeding; when they’re allowing Shakur to do all these extra things … and your trainer is not going you instructions – they’re just talking you down: ‘Where’s your power? Where’s this? You’re gonna hate yourself’ – all roads lead to [defeat].”

As he takes on WBA champion Romero at Las Vegas’ T-Mobile Arena on Saturday, it should be interesting to see how Lopez’s corner shapes up between rounds.

In any event, the American will be under a fair amount of pressure to produce an improved performance.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Ryan Garcia Responds to Conor Benns Weight Concerns Ahead of Upcoming Fight

Published

on

"Ryan Garcia Responds to Conor Benn's Weight Concerns Ahead of Upcoming Fight"

Ryan Garcia and Conor Benn are scheduled to square off next month, and ‘King Ry’ has reacted to news that this will be the Briton’s final bout at welterweight, following a difficult weight cut.

Benn has not fought at 147lbs since a knockout victory over Chris van Heerden back in April 2022, but he was installed as the WBC’s mandatory challenger for the welterweight division earlier this year, after revealing his intentions of returning to the weight.

Reality seems to have hit home for ‘The Destroyer’ during this camp though, as he has already announced that this will be his last contest in the division following a brutal weight cutregardless of the outcome, signalling that he has outgrown the weight.

In a clip captured by Ring MagazineGarcia responded to Benn’s announcement and declared that his upcoming opponent is already making excuses ahead of their meeting.

“We know you can’t make weight. This is why Conor Benn said this is his last time at 147lbs. My guy is making excuses before he loses, who says that, ‘this is my last fight at 147’.

“My guy, you gonna go backwards just to get that a** whooped? Oh my gosh, bro. It’s fine, bro, he is just going to run into it. F**k that dude.”

Garcia-Benn takes place on Saturday, September 12, at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, with Zuffa Boxing cruiserweight champion Jai Opetaia poised to take on current WBC cruiserweight titleholder Noel Mikaelian – although he may no longer be champion come fight week.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Terence Crawford Confirms Ryan Garcia Will Defeat Conor Benn: I Got Him | Boxing News

Published

on

"Terence Crawford Confirms Ryan Garcia Will Defeat Conor Benn: 'I Got Him' | Boxing News"

Next month, Ryan Garcia will go toe-to-toe with Conor Benn in the first defence of his WBC welterweight title, and now former pound-for-pound king Terence Crawford has doubled down on his prediction for the clash.

Crawford hung up the gloves whilst recognised as the pound-for-pound number one in December, but that has not stopped ‘Bud’ from developing a heated rivalry with Garcia since his retirement, with the pair making regular jibes at one another in recent months.

Garcia has now revealed his intentions to tempt the undefeated southpaw out of retirement if he retains his title against Benn, but the Omaha-born sensation has declared his belief that Garcia will lose his belt to the Briton, favouring the challenger’s size and power.

Now, as fight week edges closer, Crawford has once again insisted that Benn will pull off the upset, as he told Fight Hub TV that he is picking ‘The Destroyer’ to come out on top.

“It’s going to be a good fight. I got Conor Benn!”

Benn will be competing at welterweight for the first time in nearly five years, looking to wrestle away the belt that Garcia won back in February with a win over Mario Barrios.

The event takes place on Saturday, September 12, at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, and on the undercard, Jai Opetaia is set to take on current WBC cruiserweight world champion Noel Mikaelian.

It currently remains to be seen whether the Armenian will still be the reigning titleholder when fight night comes around though, due to rumours that Mikaelian will be stripped for avoiding a fight with David Benavidez.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending