Canelo Alvarez and Terenka Crawford met today on the first week before the Bellagio fountain in Las Vegas. They both looked like a subdued, face -to -face Alalshikh and a boxing promoter of Zuff Dana White.
Wedding face
Social media fans joked that Canelo and Crawford looked like they were getting married. Indeed, the way they stood looked like a wedding ceremony, and Turki was the minister chairman “Repeat for me” weddings Before the ring came on his fingers.
The way Canelo and Crawford looked at each other tenderly, they had a wedding -like quality. I hope that in the next meeting this week they show some hostility.
Canelo (63-2-2, 39 KO) will defend his unquestionable championships super medium weight against Crawford (41-0, 31 KO) on Saturday, September 13 at the Allegiant stadium in Las Vegas. The event will be broadcast live in Netflix. This fight is an emerald core jewel, and the super-medium weight of Christian Mbilli vs. Lester Martinez is a mandatory clash from the card.
Weight gain factor
“Is it agile with additional body weight. Will the leg work move, move, move, continue to utilize the ring?” said Keith Thurman Boxing with Mannix and Mora Channel, asking if the additional size of Crawford packed him, will snail-paced him down to fight Canelo Alvarez on Saturday.
This is a magical question: did Crawford’s weight snail-paced him down, makes him more Hitted than he showed in the previous fight, 13 months ago against Israil Madrimov? If Terenka is snail-paced and dull from moving by 14 pounds from 154, his chances of going to the 12th round are slim.
“And in later rounds seven, eight, nine, ten, as the pressure duration, [will Crawford be able to handle it]. Canelo lost some bit. He wasn’t so destructive, taking people. This restores the fight and is in favor of Crawford’s Buda – said Thurman.
Again, this may end badly for Crawford, if it disappears delayed after moving the weight. Canelo would have to accelerate the brisk pace to utilize it because he fought very slowly in the last three fights. He let his opponents remain when they should not.
“I know that Bud wants it. He comes from my generation. He is a real American. I wish him good luck, but I don’t doubt what Canelo is capable of” – said Thurman.
Sean Jones has been sanding in the boxing media since 2008 and joined Boxing News 24 In 2011, but reporting around the world in Great Britain, he delves into fights that are meaning-from masters to hungry prospects.
Known for his senseless shots and the presence of the ring, Sean gives fans a severe view, not a polished press release.
Terence Crawford faced and defeated 42 different opponents during a 17-year career, but super-middleweight icon Carl Froch believes that there is one welterweight who would have put an end to Crawford’s unbeaten streak if they were to meet in their primes.
Crawford became the first post-war boxer to claim the undisputed title in three separate weight divisions last September; a run which began as a super-lightweight in 2015 by defeating Thomas Dulorme, then unifying against Viktor Postol before halting Julius Indongo in an undisputed title showdown.
‘Bud’ then moved on to the welterweight scene and knocked out Jeff Horn to capture the WBO world title on his 147lb debut, making five defences of the title before colliding with fierce rival and three-belt unified titleholder, Errol Spence Jr, in 2023.
In a unforgettable fight, Crawford brutally beat Spence down in an authoritative ninth-round stoppage win to capture the undisputed welterweight throne. Talk then turned to an unprecedented three-weight move up to super-middleweight to take on Canelo Alvarez.
After stopping off at super-welterweight to dethrone Israil Madrimov on his way up, Crawford debuted at super-middleweight in a challenge for Canelo’s undisputed crown and outboxed the Mexican superstar in an iconic win last year, hanging up the gloves three months later.
Despite those legendary achievements, Froch picked Floyd Mayweather Jr to come out on top in a potential fantasy fight against the Omaha southpaw, in an episode of ‘Froch on Fighting’.
Mayweather’s achievements speak for themselves, retiring with a perfect 50-0 unbeaten record after claiming world honours in five divisions, with his most impressive reign coming at 147lbs, where he defeated the likes of Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley.
Mayweather has been rumoured to make a comeback, but while there would be huge finances that would be on offer, Crawford has revealed that he would have no interest in ending his retirement for a bout with ‘TBE’, believing that the 49-year-old is ‘old’ and ‘done’.
Terence Crawford has been hailed by many as the best fighter of this generation following his retirement, and now WBC welterweight title hopeful Conor Benn has shared how he thinks ‘Bud’ would have fared against six-division world champion Oscar De La Hoya.
Crawford became boxing’s sixth five-division world champion with an iconic win over Canelo Alvarez back in September; joining Thomas Hearns, Sugar Ray Leonard, De La Hoya, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao in that elite and exclusive club reserved only for legends of the sport.
Of that group, only De La Hoya and Pacquiao have gone on to conquer a sixth division, with De La Hoya’s 2004 WBO middleweight world title win over Felix Sturm seeing the Californian become the first boxer to ever become a sextuple champion.
Crawford could have joined ‘’The Golden Boy’ and ‘Pac-Man’ in achieving that feat, having been offered a middleweight world title shot during the aftermath of his triumph over Canelo late last year – a proposal which later fell apart due to a failed doping test by Janibek Alimkhanuly.
Continuing the praise that the Omaha-born southpaw has received since announcing his retirement last December, Benn told Daily Mail Boxing that he would favour the undefeated star to get the better of De La Hoya, if they were to meet in their primes.
Benn also went on to predict that Crawford would retain his unbeaten streak against other greats of the game, picking him to come out on top against each of Mayweather, Julio Cesar Chavez, Pernell Whitaker and Roberto Duran.
Top trainer and former world champion Robert Garcia has considered the outcome of a fantasy showdown between Terence Crawford and Manny Pacquiao.
The two generational greats reportedly came close to squaring off in 2021, back when Crawford was the WBO welterweight champion and ‘Pac Man’ held the WBA title.
Their unification match never materialised, though, as Pacquiao was scheduled to face Errol Spence Jr before ‘The Truth’ pulled out with a torn retina.
Instead, the Filipino legend ended up losing his WBA title to Yordenis Ugas at a stage when, while still serviceable, he was quite clearly past his best.
Crawford, meanwhile, was hitting top form around this time, just a few fights away from producing arguably a career-best performance against Spence.
He did, of course, manage to stop his welterweight rival in nine rounds, before moving up to 168lbs and becoming a three-division undisputed champion by dethroning Canelo Alvarez last September.
Based on those two performances, coach Garcia has told ESNEWS that he would favour ‘Bud’ to defeat even a prime version of Pacquiao.
“The Crawford that beat Spence – and the Crawford that beat Canelo – would probably beat Manny.”
While Crawford’s prime almost certainly came during his run of eight stoppages at welterweight, it is harder to pinpoint when Pacquiao ultimately reached his peak.
In terms of his most destructive performance at world level, however, many will point towards his second-round finish over Ricky Hatton in 2009.
While facing the ‘Hitman’ at 140lbs, Pacquiao would cement himself as a formidable welterweight champion soon after, dethroning Miguel Cotto with a 12th-round stoppage for the WBO title.