Boxing
William Zepeda believes that “he will choose Shakur Stevenson from the ring” on July 12
Published
12 months agoon
Oscar de la Hoya says that William Zepeda told him that the WBC Airy Wweight Shakur Stevenson champion has “The perfect style for me” Defeat him next month on July 12. Zepeda (33-0, 27 KO) is seen as weaker against Shakur (23-0, 11 KO), but he doesn’t worry about it. He thinks Stevenson’s style as ideal for him to dominate. Zepeda says that “he will choose Shakur from the ring.” If Shakur runs all night, Fresh Yorker will throw him out of the stadium and his career will end.
Shakur vs. Zepeda will fight in 12-round cooperation at Dazn PPV at the Louis Armstrong stadium in Queens, Fresh York. The office is Edgar Berlanga vs. Hamzah Sheeraz, which is an excellent competition of a super medium weight between two gigantic punchers.
Shakura’s “glass hands” were afraid
De la Hoya feels Shakur’s glass hands He could reveal him against Zepeda, because he will have to sit on his shots with full force to ponderous down the Mexican hit of the volume. Even with two robust hands, Shakur will have huge problems with Zepeda’s pressure. But with his tender hands it may be impossible.
You must give the highest position and the match great recognition for controlling Shakur around all hazardous strokes to avoid it repeatedly beating during his eight -year professional career. For this fight he cannot be protected from Zepeda, because Turks Alalshikh pays him for a lot of money.
Zepeda predicts that Stevenson has got livid
“It will be very hard, but I am still talking to William Zeda, and he still tells me and promises to me:” Oscar, he has a perfect style for me. Trust me, I will throw him out of the ring, “said Oscar de la Hoya promoter to do it Golden Boy promotions When asked how William Zepeda would defeat the WBC Lightweight Shakur Stevenson master on July 12.
Zepeda may not be hard. Shakura will be the most hard for him, because when he can land, he will sit him. Zepeda will make any shots that Stevenson throws to land his arrows in the body and head.
“I think:” Wait, Shakur is not humpback. You know, he has this defense, which is very hard to break, but it’s very hard. ” If William Zepeda is in his game and exerts constant pressure he got used to.
If Zepeda is fighting like in a rematch with Tevin Farmer in March last year in Cancun, Shakur will be hard to survive the sixth round. A farmer, which is much stronger, larger and harder than Stevenson, looked like he was on the edge of the cave in the first half. He turned his back to Zepeda, as if he raised the white flag of surrender. Fortunately for Tevin, the judge did not stop the fight, like many others.
De La Hoya curtain
“People do not hit too much or so until you are with him in the ring, right? That’s when you will be hit and you will feel a blow. On paper it is a great duel. This is an ideal opportunity for the winner to win and become a star,” said De la Hoya.
Oscar here sounds dissatisfaction, talking about Shakur. He did not look good in any of the last two fights, even though he was adapted to the mediocre opposition. Since the catastrophic performance of Stevenson against Edwin de Los Santos in 2023, he fought with these delicate punchers and is still not impressed:
– Josh Padley
– Artem Harutyunyan
Last updated 06/02/2025
You may like
Boxing
Empty seats overshadow Ronda Rousey’s return on Netflix
Published
7 minutes agoon
May 18, 2026
Most Valuable Promotions held its first MMA event with Ronda Rousey, former boxers Francis Ngannou and Nate Diaz, Mike Perry, Netflix support, and one obvious problem that the cameras couldn’t completely hide.
Despite the star-studded lineup and global streaming interest, much of the arena remained empty throughout the night as MVP officially transitioned into mixed martial arts.
The atmosphere seemed strangely flat compared to the scale of the names featured.
Ronda Rousey returns
Former UFC champion Ronda Rousey needed just 17 seconds to defeat Gina Carano in the main event, defeating the women’s MMA pioneer with the trademark armbar that once made her one of combat sports’ biggest stars.
After charging across the cage almost immediately, the Olympic medalist took down Carano, then wrapped it all up with the armbar that made her eminent.
However, while the action was speedy in the cage, it was demanding to ignore the empty seats around the arena during MVP’s heavily promoted debut event.
Netflix broadcast the event worldwide as part of its deal with MVP following the success of Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson and several major boxing events.
Perry defeats Diaz
In a joint feature film Mike Perry stopped Nate Diaz after two brutal rounds of welterweight trading.
Both men went at each other from the opening bell before Diaz’s corner finally stopped the penalty at the end of the second round.
After the break, Perry called for an MMA fight with Jake Paul, while agreeing to a future rematch with Diaz.
Elsewhere on the card, there was a former boxer Francis Ngannou he crushed Philipe Lins in the first round, then immediately renewed calls for a future showdown with Jon Jones.
Salahdine Parnasse impressed in his US debut, stopping Kenneth Cross in the first round, while “Massive Boy” Robelis Despaigne knocked out Junior Dos Santos in another explosive heavyweight finish.
Empty arena
For MVP, the event was still another attempt to prove that the company could transcend boxing.
But the empty seats were an uncomfortable reminder of reality. Outside of the UFC banner, even Netflix, Ngannou, Rousey, Diaz and Perry weren’t enough to fill the building.
MVP was already a huge boxing streaming success with Netflix, but the optics surrounding his first MMA release told a completely different story.
Dana White won’t be shaking in her boots.
About the author
Phil Jay is the editor-in-chief of World Boxing News (WBN) and a boxing veteran with over 15 years of experience. Read the full biography.
Boxing
Keith Connolly says Zuffa’s offer changed everything
Published
56 minutes agoon
May 18, 2026
Keith Connolly claims the arrival of Zuffa Boxing changed the direction of Conor Benn’s career and changed negotiations with Eddie Hearn and Matchroom.
“The offer was many times higher than what they were offering,” Connolly said, discussing Benn’s departure from Matchroom. “People thought there was no competition at the time because DAZN was the only game in town and Zuffa came along around the time Conor was going into free agency.”
Connolly believes Benn entered free agency right when a fresh player entered the market.
“I think maybe people miscalculated that it was the only show in town and that there would be no other offers. It’s possible. And then a huge offer came along and that’s where we are,” Connolly told iFL TV.
Connolly said Benn’s team met with Matchroom before making their decision, but said the figures discussed did not match the final offer they received elsewhere.
“We had one in Recent York the week of Teofimo-Shakur and we told them what we expected. They scored much lower than we thought. Since he was a free agent, we decided to test the market.”
The discussion also touched on the breakdown in communication that followed Benn’s departure from Matchroom. Connolly defended the decision to send the offer by email rather than handle everything privately over the phone.
“We protected ourselves legally by emailing the offer as to what we should do,” Connolly said. “This is the mechanism that should be used when you receive an offer where the promoter has the rights.”
Connolly added that Benn still wanted Hearn involved once a fresh deal was finalized.
“We still want you on the team,” Connolly said. “Conor wanted Eddie in the band.”

Olly Campbell is a boxing journalist covering this sport since 2014, providing reports from the ring and technical analyzes of the most essential fights. His work focuses on fighter tendencies, tactical adjustments and the details that shape high-level competition.
Click here to sign up for our FREE newsletter
Related boxing news:
Last updated: 17/05/2026 at 23:00
Boxing
Thomas Hearns considers one boxer to be the best of all time
Published
3 hours agoon
May 17, 2026
Thomas Hearns once revealed his list of the greatest boxers of all time, and the popular choice propelled him to the top spot.
Hearns was the first boxer in history to become world champion in five weight classes, after triumphing in the welterweight, welterweight, middleweight, super middleweight and airy heavyweight divisions.
He was a member of the iconic “Four Kings” team that dominated the sport in the 1980s, along with fellow stars Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler and Roberto Duran.
When Hearns presented the list the list of the 10 greatest boxers of all time included all three of these former rivals, as well as some of the biggest names in boxing history.
10: Marvin Hagler. 9: George Foreman. 8: Floyd Mayweather. 7: Mike Tyson. 6: Sugar Ray Leonard. 5: Wilfred Benitez 4: Roberto Duran.
In third place, “The Hitman” sided with himself and then named the heavyweight legend the second best of all time.
3: Thomas Hearns. 2: Joe Frazier.
When it comes to the greatest fighter of all time, there was only one answer for Hearns and that was another icon of the heavyweight division.
1: Muhammad Ali.
Ali became the heavyweight champion of the world three times and participated in some of the most memorable fights in history, including “Rumble In The Jungle” v. George Foreman and “Thrilla In Manila” against Joe Frazier.
His final record was 56 wins in 61 fights, also defeating the likes of Sonny Liston, Floyd Patterson, Ken Norton and Earnie Shavers, and the opinion of Hearns and many others shows why Ali more than deserves the nickname “The Greatest”.
Empty seats overshadow Ronda Rousey’s return on Netflix
Keith Connolly says Zuffa’s offer changed everything
Thomas Hearns considers one boxer to be the best of all time
Trending
-
Opinions & Features1 year agoPacquiao vs marquez competition: History of violence
-
MMA1 year agoDmitry Menshikov statement in the February fight
-
Results1 year agoStephen Fulton Jr. becomes world champion in two weight by means of a decision
-
Results1 year agoKeyshawn Davis Ko’s Berinchyk, when Xander Zayas moves to 21-0
-
Video1 year agoFrank Warren on Derek Chisora vs Otto Wallin – ‘I THOUGHT OTTO WOULD GIVE DEREK PROBLEMS!’
-
Analysis1 year agoRobert Garcia discusses the debate on the greatest Mexican warrior in history
-
Video1 year ago‘DEREK CHISORA RETIRE TONIGHT!’ – Anthony Yarde PLEADS for retirement after WALLIN
-
Results1 year agoLive: Catterall vs Barboza results and results card



