Boxing
“What are you gaining?”: The core of Eddie Hearna’s argument against Anthony Joshua vs. Ituma
Published
11 months agoon
Promoter Eddie Hearn states that he sees it as Zero strengthening For Anthony Joshua in the fight against 20-year-old Moses Itaum. He thinks that this is a situation of losing a loss, in any case you look at it. Ituma (13-0, 11 KO) is too youthful and inexperienced for the former heavyweight champion of two-level Joshua (28-4, 25 KO) to receive any recognition for defeating him.
Without a gaining proposal
On the other hand, if 35-year-old Joshua were beaten by Itauma, it would mean that his career ended because he lost to a guy who did not beat anyone noteworthy during his two-year career or all amateur career.
Ituma is transported to the top without fighting any good pretenders. Fans do a great case about his last victory in the first round over the faded British journeyman Dillian Whyte, but he was not in the face of high quality bulky weight.
Risk of a youthful lion
- Joseph Parker
- Fabio Wardley
- Daniel Dubois
- Richard Torrez Jr.
- Lenier, but
- Bakhodir yalolov
- Martin Bakole
Ituma can lose to one or more of these fighters, and the noise would suddenly end that he is another king of the division. At least the heavyweight of ITAUMA, they used it and left him with a less talented warrior than the one who left the assembly line in 2023.
Weighing profit
“I really don’t look at Moses’ fight and I think it’s a fight for AJ,” said Eddie Hearn Sky Sports About the fight between Anthony Joshua and Moses Itaum. “There are many reasons. First of all, what do you get from it?“
Joshua does not go ahead, defeating Itauma because he is so inexperienced. Moses basically fought with 13 tomato cans as a professional, and based on these winnings a lot of artificial noise is created. Fans are not even waiting to see him with real bulky weight before he anointed him as a novel king of the division.
There will be many acidic fans if Ituma is revealed when he enters a good warrior for the first time. He will teach lesson fans not to buy a false noise and be cheated Fool.
Disadvantages of Ituma
Ituma does not have amateur origin so that people have an exact indicator whether it is good or not. He did not fight the crop cream from Ukraine, Russia, Kazakhstan, Cuba and the United States when he was an amateur. One decent warrior he fought, Stylianos Roulias Greece had him on the run all night, behaving as if he was prosecuted by the livid dog of the scrap yard in their fight on November 23, 2022.
Roulias showed how to give itauma problems, attacking him all the time, landing challenging, significant blows and making him feel pain. This fight showed that Ituma does not like to be hit and do everything to avoid skin tasting.
A game of zero sum
“Moses is a very good warrior. If you win, you beat a 20-year-old. If you lost, you lost to a 20-year-old and Your career is over. It’s a risky fight. I rate Moses very highly – said Hearn.
Joshua’s career would be perceived by fans as “over” if it were to be blown up by the inexperienced Itauma. Losing with Daniel Dubois in the fifth round Nokaut in September last year is already a signal for fans that AJ’s career is completed. But if Ituma did something similar or worse, it would destroy Joshua’s credibility and delay with fans.
Joshua’s popularity remains high and can earn a lot of money in the fighting with Jake Paul and Tyson Fury. If it was his corner, the bags that would fight Paweł, and Fury would be unusual. Fighting with Ituma, the money would not be the same because it was not long enough to build a world group of fans.
Fight in the trenches
“I think that Moses has a lot to do. He is an extraordinary talent, but we have no idea if he can mark the fields that are a real great and real master in the division,” said Hearn. “What does his chin look like? What is it like when it gets really challenging in the trenches?” Hearn said.
Eddie brings some good points. We do not know how well Ituma will work in relation to high -quality bulky, which reject to him, forcing him to fight and exert pressure. 37 -year -old Dillian Whyte looked terrified, without throwing any significant blows in his defense, before Ituma in one round in one round in their head on August 16, 2025.
Apart from Whyte, Ituma did not fight anyone. Although Moses now ranks first in WBA and WBO, his opposition was marginal quality by his 13-frequency professional career.
Record test
- Dillian Whyte: 37
- Mike Balogun: 41
- Demey McKean
- Mariusz Wach: 45
- Ilja Mesce
- And Garber: 40
Olly Campbell covers boxing since 2010 and wrote for Boxing News 24 From 2014. In Great Britain, he now informs about the world boxing scene, providing news, results and functions connecting fans with the greatest stories of this sport.
Having experience in the field of relationships with Great Britain and European, Olly has developed a style that combines a acute analysis with available writing, thanks to which his work is valuable for both devoted observers and random fans. His reports consistently emphasize masters, pretenders and appearing prospects on the global stage.
Last updated 09/07/2025
You may like
Boxing
Carl Froch Claims One Welterweight Champion Could Have Stopped Terence Crawfords Unbeaten Streak
Published
24 hours agoon
August 16, 2026
Terence Crawford faced and defeated 42 different opponents during a 17-year career, but super-middleweight icon Carl Froch believes that there is one welterweight who would have put an end to Crawford’s unbeaten streak if they were to meet in their primes.
Crawford became the first post-war boxer to claim the undisputed title in three separate weight divisions last September; a run which began as a super-lightweight in 2015 by defeating Thomas Dulorme, then unifying against Viktor Postol before halting Julius Indongo in an undisputed title showdown.
‘Bud’ then moved on to the welterweight scene and knocked out Jeff Horn to capture the WBO world title on his 147lb debut, making five defences of the title before colliding with fierce rival and three-belt unified titleholder, Errol Spence Jr, in 2023.
In a unforgettable fight, Crawford brutally beat Spence down in an authoritative ninth-round stoppage win to capture the undisputed welterweight throne. Talk then turned to an unprecedented three-weight move up to super-middleweight to take on Canelo Alvarez.
After stopping off at super-welterweight to dethrone Israil Madrimov on his way up, Crawford debuted at super-middleweight in a challenge for Canelo’s undisputed crown and outboxed the Mexican superstar in an iconic win last year, hanging up the gloves three months later.
Despite those legendary achievements, Froch picked Floyd Mayweather Jr to come out on top in a potential fantasy fight against the Omaha southpaw, in an episode of ‘Froch on Fighting’.
Mayweather’s achievements speak for themselves, retiring with a perfect 50-0 unbeaten record after claiming world honours in five divisions, with his most impressive reign coming at 147lbs, where he defeated the likes of Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley.
Mayweather has been rumoured to make a comeback, but while there would be huge finances that would be on offer, Crawford has revealed that he would have no interest in ending his retirement for a bout with ‘TBE’, believing that the 49-year-old is ‘old’ and ‘done’.
Boxing
Conor Benn Reveals His Pick: Oscar De La Hoya vs Terence Crawford Showdown in Boxing History
Published
24 hours agoon
August 16, 2026
Terence Crawford has been hailed by many as the best fighter of this generation following his retirement, and now WBC welterweight title hopeful Conor Benn has shared how he thinks ‘Bud’ would have fared against six-division world champion Oscar De La Hoya.
Crawford became boxing’s sixth five-division world champion with an iconic win over Canelo Alvarez back in September; joining Thomas Hearns, Sugar Ray Leonard, De La Hoya, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao in that elite and exclusive club reserved only for legends of the sport.
Of that group, only De La Hoya and Pacquiao have gone on to conquer a sixth division, with De La Hoya’s 2004 WBO middleweight world title win over Felix Sturm seeing the Californian become the first boxer to ever become a sextuple champion.
Crawford could have joined ‘’The Golden Boy’ and ‘Pac-Man’ in achieving that feat, having been offered a middleweight world title shot during the aftermath of his triumph over Canelo late last year – a proposal which later fell apart due to a failed doping test by Janibek Alimkhanuly.
Continuing the praise that the Omaha-born southpaw has received since announcing his retirement last December, Benn told Daily Mail Boxing that he would favour the undefeated star to get the better of De La Hoya, if they were to meet in their primes.
Benn also went on to predict that Crawford would retain his unbeaten streak against other greats of the game, picking him to come out on top against each of Mayweather, Julio Cesar Chavez, Pernell Whitaker and Roberto Duran.
Boxing
Robert Garcia Evaluates Terence Crawfords Odds Against Prime Pacquiao
Published
2 days agoon
August 15, 2026
Top trainer and former world champion Robert Garcia has considered the outcome of a fantasy showdown between Terence Crawford and Manny Pacquiao.
The two generational greats reportedly came close to squaring off in 2021, back when Crawford was the WBO welterweight champion and ‘Pac Man’ held the WBA title.
Their unification match never materialised, though, as Pacquiao was scheduled to face Errol Spence Jr before ‘The Truth’ pulled out with a torn retina.
Instead, the Filipino legend ended up losing his WBA title to Yordenis Ugas at a stage when, while still serviceable, he was quite clearly past his best.
Crawford, meanwhile, was hitting top form around this time, just a few fights away from producing arguably a career-best performance against Spence.
He did, of course, manage to stop his welterweight rival in nine rounds, before moving up to 168lbs and becoming a three-division undisputed champion by dethroning Canelo Alvarez last September.
Based on those two performances, coach Garcia has told ESNEWS that he would favour ‘Bud’ to defeat even a prime version of Pacquiao.
“The Crawford that beat Spence – and the Crawford that beat Canelo – would probably beat Manny.”
While Crawford’s prime almost certainly came during his run of eight stoppages at welterweight, it is harder to pinpoint when Pacquiao ultimately reached his peak.
In terms of his most destructive performance at world level, however, many will point towards his second-round finish over Ricky Hatton in 2009.
While facing the ‘Hitman’ at 140lbs, Pacquiao would cement himself as a formidable welterweight champion soon after, dethroning Miguel Cotto with a 12th-round stoppage for the WBO title.
Ian Garry confronts Michael Morales at UFC 330: ‘Make sure you back it up’
Neil Magny closes in on Jim Miller’s all-time UFC wins record
Lucas Fernando nearly quit MMA before breakthrough UFC 330 victory
Trending
-
MMA2 days agoUFC 330 start time, fight card for Islam Makhachev vs. Ian Machado Garry
-
MMA2 days agoUFC 330: Islam Makhachev vs. Ian Machado Garry live stream watch party
-
MMA2 days agoIan Garry polices UFC 330 reporter questions, MMA media vet states, "that's not the way this works"
-
MMA2 days agoUFC 330: 'Makhachev vs. Garry' Live Results and Highlights
-
MMA2 days agoMichael Bisping shares prediction for Islam Makhachev vs. Ian Machado Garry at UFC 330
-
MMA2 days agoAnything but Fighting: Neil Magny
-
MMA2 days agoKhabib Nurmagomedov explains what Islam Makhachev has to do to become the GOAT
-
MMA1 day agoAlexander Volkanovski vs. Movsar Evloev, Petr Yan vs. Merab Dvalishvili trilogy bout set for UFC 333


