Boxing
Tim Bradley explains “Power Play” Teofimo Lopeza vs. Devin Haney
Published
12 months agoon
Tim Bradley says that Teofimo Lopez’s decision to withdraw from negotiations with Devin Haney on August 16 is “Power game”. He says that Teofimo (22-1, 13 KO) noticed $ 20 million, which Ryan Garcia supposedly got to fight Rolando “Rolly” Romero on May 2, and did not intend to agree to $ 11 million to fight Haney on August 16.
(Credit: Geoffrey Knott/Matchroom)
Lopez’s power game was explained
Tim says that Teofimo thinks he did more during his career than Kingry, winning two world divisions titles, beating Vasily Lomachenko and Josh Taylor. So Lopez wants what comes to him, which is the same “astronomical” money that would fight Jaron “Boots” Ennis to easily fight Haney.
If Garcia gets $ 20 million to fight Rolly, he wants a similar cake to fight Haney. So Teofimo sticks to this amount or more for Devin’s clash.
“Who’s hell is afraid of Devin Haney after this last performance? The man is afraid to hit. The man does not want to touch,” said Tim Bradley Social media About Teofimo Lopez, who does not decide not to fight Devin Haney. “It’s an uncomplicated job.”
Lopez is definitely not afraid of Haney. He knows that there is nothing to fear, that the fight against a featherlight blow, which Bradley considers PTSD from his loss to Ryan Garcia last year. But, as Tim says, it is a game of power from Teofimo. He is not going to fight Haney, unless he gets the same kind as he would fight with Jaron Ennis.
Why Teofimo will not fight Haney
“Teofimo Lopez, can you call it ducks? You can call it ducks. It could be a game of power. Here’s why. Teofimo Lopez wanted to fight bottles. Why did he want to fight shoes? Because there was more money on the table. That’s why. He thought he could beat him. Maybe not,” said Tim.
No, this is not a duck that Teofimo does, deciding not to fight Haney. He wants the same amount he was to get for the fight against Ennis. He is probably not cheerful that Ryan Garcia got $ 20 million to fight Romero in May last year. According to Bradley, Lopez would receive $ 11 million to fight Haney.
“I thought he had a good chance. However, the shoes did not take the lure. He did not want to fight. The shoes go to 154. This is my opinion. Or shoes may even want Brian Norman Jr.. I think that it came out of his mouth. He wants Brian Norman Jr. he goes to Japan and knocks this guy and knocks this guy. [Jin Sasaki] Because he threw this guy better. It’s an uncomplicated job, “said Bradley.
Ennis does not want to fight Teofimo because he is not one who does nothing for his career. He wants belts and knows that Teo’s fight would simply be for money to lend a hand those in need, default native native Brooklyn. In other words, it is paid. This is not a sport, and Ennis is not at the stage of your career in which it is become greedy and got a golden fever Like Shebao.
Ennis Fight Money vs. Haney
“So he [Lopez] He was supposed to pay more money. He was supposed to shoot at the ring belt. He was ready to go to 147. Absolutely. But it was definitely more money. I heard that this is astronomical money, “Tim said about the money that Lopez would have if he fought with Jaron” Boots “Ennis.
When Boots said he didn’t want to fight Teofimo, he left him in a position where he got stuck with Haney. He is not a warrior who introduces PPV, and on May 2 he came out of a terrible performance against Jose Ramorez. Why would Turks want to pay Teofimo the same amount of money with Haney’s fight as what would fight Ennis?
“So, so Turki says:” No, ah. I want you to fight Haney. This is what I want you to put, but I will pay you less money. I will pay you 11 [million]. ‘ I don’t know. I have heard that it is $ 11 million for Haney. “No, Ah, it’s not enough” for Teofimo Lopez, “said Bradley.
Teofimo compares with what Ryan got and wants a similar salary based on making more. Among the fighters he defeated Lopez, only one of them was popular: Vasily Lomachenko. Lopez looked destitute in the fighting with Arnold Barboza Jr, Sandor Martin, Steve Claggett, George Cambosos Jr and Jamaine Ortiz.
Box Power Play Dynamics
“This is probably a reason. What Teofimo Lopez did in this game in a miniature time. I called my shot and defeated Lomachenko. I called [Josh] Taylor. He thinks he did a lot in sport, “said Bradley,” then you will look at Ryan Garcia. Honey of social media. “
Teofimo did more in sport, but this does not attract a free boxing fan. They do not follow sport enough to know who won the titles. They take care of entertainment, noise, communication, charisma and appearance. Ryan defeated Teo in each of these areas. That is why he was paid more for his fight again than what was offered Teofimo for fighting Haney.
“Millions of subscribers. Millions of subscriptions of millions of audience. [WBA ‘regular’ welterweight title]But he still lost. I know Ryan’s hand is hurt. Regardless of the excuse they want to create, “said Tim.
Turki paid Ryan Garcia for this money because he has a huge social media profile with 12 million watching on Instagram. This does not even count his followers and his ability to interest his events during interviews.
Teofimo can’t do it. There are no supporters, and his Brooklyn Djibberish is tough for people from other parts of the US to understand or refer to. It seems that he speaks a different language. Everyone understands Ryan, and he did not assume a false front of behaving like a tough guy, unlike Teo.
Teofimo: More than Ryan?
“He could not hand over this bag, regardless of winning this fight or not. He could not convey it, but he earns $ 20 million. It’s also [$11 million for Haney]. ‘He knows that there is more money on the table. He understands that there is more money. So I think what he does is standing on his land, “said Bradley.
If Teofimo stands on his land, hoping that he will get the same money that Ryan Garcia could fight Romero, he can end up with nothing. Of course, he hopes that Turki will undermine the salary, but maybe not. The Teofimo-Haney fight is not the one that many are interested, taking into account the way both fighters achieved worse results on the Times Square card on May 2.
Last updated 06/05/2025
You may like
Boxing
Frank Sanchez knocks out Richard Torrez Jr in two rounds
Published
1 hour agoon
May 23, 2026
Heavyweight fighters only need one spotless counter to end the fight. Sanchez waited for his shot and didn’t miss.
Sanchez controlled the distance early with his jab, which forced Torrez to get to the offense instead of moving in behind balanced combinations. He moved forward, tried to quickly close the distance and tried to force an exchange of words. Sanchez never looked rushed. He stayed behind the jab, kept his feet under him and gave Torrez different looks as he boxed from distance.
The opening round moved at a steady pace. Torrez was the busier player coming forward to attack, but Sanchez looked at ease, taking petite steps back and setting up counters. He read the entries.
It ended up being the second one.
Torrez came back into action, looking to attack, and Sanchez fired a right hand straight into the hole. The shot landed on target and dropped Torrez tough to the canvas. He tried to rally and defeat the count, but his legs gave the answer before he could.
Torrez’s pressing style keeps him upright when he comes in aggressively, and Sanchez timed the opening perfectly.
The referee stepped in immediately.
Sanchez entered the fight needing a statement after a knockout loss to Agit Kabayel stalled his progress. He returned earlier this year against lower-level opponents, but the question remained where he stood among the better heavyweights.
The victory brings Sanchez closer to another title shot. Torrez suffers the first defeat of his professional career after facing a heavyweight who remained disciplined and fired before the fight could fully develop.
Boxing
Canelo responds to David Benavidez by offering him a featherlight heavyweight title fight
Published
3 hours agoon
May 23, 2026
Canelo Alvarez has commented on David Benavidez’s recent call for a clash between the two teams.
Canelo and Benavidez have been linked to a fight for many years, dating back to when they both competed at super middleweight.
While Canelo remains one of the key fighters at 168 pounds, Benavidez has since moved up the rankings, becoming the WBC featherlight heavyweight champion for the first time claiming he defeated Gilberto Ramirez earlier this month win the WBA and WBO cruiserweight titles.
Following this victory, Benavidez was linked to fights with the likes of Dmitry Bivol and Jai Opetaia, but he once again made it clear that he would offer Canelo a chance to win the WBC 175-pound belt.
Canelo has now responded by revealing in a media interview with Boxing News that he’s not surprised that Benavidez challenged him again, but he doubts that “The Mexican Monster” will still be able to make the featherlight heavyweight limit after moving up to cruiserweight.
“Every boxer in any category challenges me. It’s nothing modern for me. He did well in the fight [against Ramirez]. I’m not surprised [he called me out]but I don’t think he can get to 175 pounds anymore. It’s not my problem.
Canelo has already competed at 175 pounds twice, but for now a move to featherlight heavyweight seems unlikely given his current world title shot against WBC super middleweight champion Christian Mbilli in Riyad, Saudi Arabia on September 12.
Boxing
Mayweather Legal Case: $175 Million Fraud Suit, Child Support Order
Published
5 hours agoon
May 23, 2026
Floyd Mayweather Jr. he spent Friday on both sides of the dock. The retired, undefeated former champion filed a lawsuit accusing former associates of defrauding him of at least $175 million, the same day reports surfaced that a Nevada judge had ordered him to pay more than $1 million in child support. These developments include the $340 million lawsuit Mayweather filed against Showtime in February and a number of smaller claims against him over the past few months.
$175 million fraud case
According to court documents obtained by TMZ SportsMayweather maintains that Jona Rechnitz, a former close associate, spent years gaining his trust before becoming his de facto financial manager, real estate broker and banking broker. The complaint named Rechnitz, Ayala Frist, Frist Apex Ventures and attorney Alexander Seligson, accusing the group of orchestrating a multi-year scheme that allegedly depleted Mayweather’s accounts through fraudulent investments, unauthorized wire transfers and undisclosed business entities.
Among the claims, Mayweather alleges that approximately $100 million worth of jewelry was transferred to Miami jewelers in exchange for approximately $13 million, with most of it still held by dealers; that he committed $7.5 million to an investment that never came to fruition; and that $15 million related to the real estate settlement was transferred without his consent. The filing also alleges that he unknowingly signed documents transferring ownership of his Gulfstream jet, leaving the buyer’s section blank, and that he did not know where the proceeds went. The allegations have not been tested in court and the named parties have not publicly responded as of the filing date of the lawsuit.
Maintenance order
Separately, a Nevada judge found Mayweather, 49, to be the legal father of a 4-year-old girl, Price Moorehead, and ordered him to pay $32,850 a month in continuing support and $933,050 in back payments, he claims. documents reported by Complex and originally obtained by TMZ Sports. The paternity ruling was made in March 2026. The case began in 2023, when Paige Moorehead, who, according to the documents, worked at the Mayweather’s Girl Collection club in Las Vegas, filed a paternity petition. The court granted a default judgment after Mayweather failed to comply with an order to submit to DNA testing. Data cited in the report shows that about $151,000 has been paid toward the remaining amount, and a judge has granted a lien on California properties linked to Mayweather of up to $2 million to secure payment.
Showtime Suit
The novel filings are the culmination of a $340 million lawsuit Mayweather filed in February against Showtime Networks and former Showtime Sports president Stephen Espinoza in Los Angeles County Superior Court. That complaint alleges that Mayweather’s former manager and advisor, Al Haymon, orchestrated a long-running financial fraud scheme involving the network and Espinoza, citing four causes of action, including aiding and abetting breach of fiduciary duty and civil conspiracy to commit fraud. In the complaint, Haymon was described as the architect of the alleged scheme but was not named as a defendant. Espinoza said he was surprised by the lawsuit and defended his records, while a spokesman for Showtime’s parent company, Paramount, called the claims baseless. Details of this report were described in a previous report by Boxing Insider.
The bigger financial picture
The proceedings are ongoing alongside a number of separate claims against Mayweather. He faced a $7.3 million IRS tax lien, lawsuits from two Miami jewelers over unpaid bills, a dispute over more than $300,000 in unpaid rent for a Manhattan apartment and a claim for private jet services. Mayweather, who retired in 2017 with a 50-0 record, remains lively in the exhibition ring and has been linked with a rematch with Manny Pacquiao scheduled for September in Las Vegas.
Amari Jones challenges the former champion in a career-defining escape
Frank Sanchez knocks out Richard Torrez Jr in two rounds
‘BE CAREFUL EARLY!!’ – Carl Frampton WARNS CHAMP Wardley vs Dubois
Trending
-
Opinions & Features1 year agoPacquiao vs marquez competition: History of violence
-
MMA1 year agoDmitry Menshikov statement in the February fight
-
Results1 year agoStephen Fulton Jr. becomes world champion in two weight by means of a decision
-
Results1 year agoKeyshawn Davis Ko’s Berinchyk, when Xander Zayas moves to 21-0
-
Video1 year agoFrank Warren on Derek Chisora vs Otto Wallin – ‘I THOUGHT OTTO WOULD GIVE DEREK PROBLEMS!’
-
Analysis1 year agoRobert Garcia discusses the debate on the greatest Mexican warrior in history
-
Video1 year ago‘DEREK CHISORA RETIRE TONIGHT!’ – Anthony Yarde PLEADS for retirement after WALLIN
-
Results1 year agoLive: Catterall vs Barboza results and results card



