Connect with us

Boxing

Tim Bradley calls Ben Whittaker ‘fool’s gold’ at 175 years ancient

Published

on

Image: Tim Bradley Slams Ben Whittaker as ‘Fool’s Gold,’ Predicts He’ll Never Crack the Top 10 at Light Heavyweight

Tim Bradley says he sees Ben Whittaker as “fool’s gold” ahead of his Matchroom debut against Benjamin Gavazi on November 29. He claims that Whittaker (9-0-1, 6 KO) lacks “the fundamentals” and doesn’t see him beating “anyone in the top ten” at 175.

(Source: Mark Robinson / Matchroom Boxing)

Whittaker’s fight with Gavazi (19-1, 13 KO) will show whether he can cope as a professional. The two will appear on DAZN on November 29 in a 10-round fight for the WBC Silver featherlight heavyweight title at the National Exhibition Center in Birmingham, England.

Lack of faith in Whittaker’s fundamentals

Promoter Eddie Hearn recently signed 2020 Olympic silver medalist Whittaker to a long-term contract with Matchroom, naming him “generational talent”. Boxing analyst Bradley disagrees and claims that even Hamzah Sheeraz would beat him. He doesn’t believe Whittaker’s trash style of “clowning around” in the ring will work against top-10 fighters at 175 pounds. So far, it’s impossible to disagree with Bradley.

Tim recalls that Whittaker looked like he was ready to submit in his first fight against Liam Cameron on October 12, 2024. When Ben failed to score a quick knockout in that fight, he began to crumble under Cameron’s pressure in the fifth round.

“When it comes to Ben Whittaker, I am ruthless, I think he is fool’s gold. I actually think so [Hamzah] Sheeraz would beat him,” analyst Tim Bradley said on his account canalexpressing his thoughts on featherlight heavyweight contender Ben Whittaker.

Whittaker’s mental fragility is revealed

Bradley apparently bases much of his opinion on how Whittaker had a mental breakdown when he was mercilessly attacked by Cameron in their first fight. I understand why Tim thought Whittsaker was “fool’s gold” after watching this fight. This wasn’t even against a top-level fighter.

Although Ben knocked out Cameron in the second round of their rematch on April 20 this year, one still has to wonder whether a similar breakdown would have occurred had the fight gone into the later rounds.

As the saying goes, Whittaker has already shown that he cannot cope with the pressure from players who are beating him. As you might expect, he quickly falls apart when faced with a pressure fighter who ignores his trash style and keeps attacking him.

“They are [Matchroom] I’m trying to move him quickly because he’s 28 years ancient. It’s not ancient. She stands face to face with a guy [Benjamin Gavazi] with twice as many fights as him, a guy who is tough,” Bradley said of Whittaker.

Matchroom’s risky investment

Matchroom has no choice but to move Whittaker quickly. He will be 29 next year and they will have to push him much faster than a younger player if they want to capitalize on his youth. If Whittaker can’t handle the transition quickly, he will fail. It would be compelling to know if Matchroom has an escape clause in its contract with Whittaker if he fails.

“The reason I think he’s fool’s gold… He’s got all these moves, but he’s never going to make it to the substantial leagues. If Ben can’t knock this guy out early, it might be arduous for him. I don’t see him beating anyone at 175 pounds,” he said. no one in the top 10”Bradley said of Whittaker.

Based on Whittaker’s performance in his first fight with Cameron, I don’t see him beating any of these featherlight heavyweights:

  • David Morrell
  • Arlen Lopez
  • Antoni Yarde
  • Imam Khataev
  • Artur Beterbiew
  • Oleksandr Gvozdyk

Last update: 17/10/2025

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Boxing

Top trainer Abel Sanchez confidently predicts Fury vs Joshua: ‘I always picked him’

Published

on

Top trainer Abel Sanchez makes confident Fury vs Joshua prediction: “I’ve always picked him”

Top trainer Abel Sanchez has revealed his predictions for the highly anticipated heavyweight clash between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua.

The pair are expected to clash later this year, probably in October or November, with ‘AJ’ first having to take care of Kristian Prenga on July 25.

This is his first appearance since scoring the goal sixth round finish to Jake Paul in December which followed his fifth-round loss to Daniel Dubois in September 2024.

It’s also been less than five months since Joshua was involved in a tragic car accident, leaving him mourning the loss of close friends.

Meanwhile, Fury is coming off a unanimous decision victory over Arslanbek Makhmudov last month, when he ended a 16-month sideline following a back-to-back defeat to Oleksandr Usyk in 2024.

However, despite his return to action, the 37-year-old is currently pushing for a second warm-up fight in August, with the likes of Jarrell Miller and Andy Ruiz Jr. among potential opponents.

In any case, former trainer Gennady Golovkin Sanchez always supported Fury in beating Joshua, saying: Professional boxing fans that he sees no reason to change his mind.

“Tyson already has a fight under his belt. Anthony has had some tough personal issues recently, so that could be a factor in how he looks [approaches] fight.

“I hope he’s OK and it will be a great fight. I still pick Tyson to win – I’ve always picked Tyson to win against Joshua. Fury is one of those fighters who sides with his opponent.”

Although Joshua and Fury have signed a contract to fight later this year, the news of a second warm-up fight for “The Gypsy King” only added a layer of uncertainty to the equation.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Usyk downplays the size difference when Verhoeven talks about power in Giza

Published

on

Oleksandr Usyk and Rico Verhoeven met at the final press conference before their WBC heavyweight title fight, which was scheduled to take place on Thursday at the foot of the Giza Pyramids in Egypt. According to the organization, this fight, scheduled for Saturday, May 23, will be the first fight for the WBC world title in the region. World Boxing Council. The event was attended by WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman.

Usyk (24-0, 15 KO) again referred to his decision to voluntarily defend himself against an opponent from outside the ranks of professional boxing. He considered the fight a personal choice after years of mandatory and unification commitments. “For once, I want to do what I want,” the champion said in an interview with WBC. He also waved away questions about his rival’s physical advantage, telling reporters that “size doesn’t matter” and describing Verhoeven as a “unsafe guy.”

I’m talking to Reuters in the pipeline, Usyk said the location matters more than the result. “It’s significant not only for me. It’s significant for all of boxing, all people and Egypt,” he said. “We are here for the first time. I think after this fight many people will look and say: ‘Oh, it’s possible, maybe we will organize a fight for the pyramids in Egypt, or maybe in Paris.'”

Verhoeven relies on the weight difference

Verhoeven, a longtime GLORY kickboxing champion, built his pre-fight message around the size difference. He is 6-foot-10 and typically weighs between 265 and 275 pounds, while Usyk, a former undisputed cruiserweight, has weighed around 225 pounds in his recent heavyweight fights. In a conversation at the beginning of the preparations, Verhoeven said that a spotless shot would change the course of the match.

“When I take my best shot at him, he will fall because that is a 20-kilogram difference in weight,” Verhoeven said in comments published by Boxing News 24. “He’s like a trained cruiserweight and I’m a natural heavyweight.”

The 37-year-old Dutchman described the crossover as a sign that conventional boundaries in combat sports no longer apply. He told Reuters that the fight “shows that there are no limits to what is possible, which means that in fighting and in different sports, top dogs in different sports are fighting each other and also in every possible place.”

He also described the fight as a meeting of two dominant champions. “I spent twelve years as the undisputed heavyweight kickboxing champion and achieved everything I wanted to achieve,” Verhoeven said, according to MMA mania. “But staying at the top for so long hasn’t reduced the hunger, it’s actually made it stronger. Usyk is the undisputed fighter in boxing. That’s the kind of challenge that motivates me. Undisputed versus undisputed.”

Details of the fight

The winner will receive a WBC belt specially ordered for this occasion. Sulaiman told Reuters he would be called the “King of the Nile Belt”, describing it as a unique trophy for the winner.

The 39-year-old Usyk holds the WBC, WBA and IBF heavyweight belts and has not fought since he stopped Daniel Dubois in five rounds at Wembley Stadium in July last year. After a long career in kickboxing, Verhoeven begins his career with a 1-0 record in professional boxing. The 12-round fight is for the WBC heavyweight championship and will be broadcast on DAZN pay-per-view.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Hamzah Sheeraz takes aim at Canelo Alvarez after winning the WBO title

Published

on

Image: Hamzah Sheeraz Still Calls Canelo A “Goat,” Eyes Future Showdown After WBO Title Win

“I believe he is one of the goats in boxing. It would be an honor to share the ring with him and if I get the chance, I will definitely win,” Hamzah said after his victory over Begic.

Sheeraz made this comment after saying he plans to win more super middleweight titles after moving up from 160 pounds.

“I’ll fight anyone. Look, there were boxing kings in the ring tonight and I’m trying to follow in their footsteps. So I’m just going to beat whoever I put in front of me.”

“So I’m going to take all the belts this time and inshallah, next year you will be able to see Hamzah Sheeraz as the unified champion in the 168 division,” Hamzah said.

The path to a Sheeraz-Canelo fight could open quickly if Alvarez defeats Christian Mbilli on September 12 in Riyad. Canelo’s victory will likely allow him to retain the WBC title again, while Sheeraz now holds the WBO belt after Saturday’s victory.

This would give Riyadh Season a ready-made unification fight between the two marquee names at 168 pounds.

Sheeraz’s team already seems interested in forcing the fight. Manager Spencer Brown pointed openly at Canelo after the fight when discussing the newly crowned champion’s next step.

“We are marching in the face of Canelo boxing,” Brown said.

“This is the fight we want.”

Maybe it’s finally time for Sheeraz. He has picked up back-to-back stoppage wins since moving up to super middleweight, and his size and offensive style appear to be better at 168 pounds than they were at the end of his middleweight career.

Canelo is still the bigger star by a mile, but Riyad has shown he’s willing to take on younger, undefeated fighters against established fighters if enough belts are on the line. Sheeraz seemed to be part of that conversation on Saturday night.

Youtube video

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending