Ryan Garcia is still enjoying the destruction of Devin Haney in April last year, heating in the glow of a left hook on a skillful warrior. Garcia (24-1, 20 KO) calls it “One of the best fights“He had his three-end victory for the majority at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, Novel York.
In the seventh round Ryan dropped Haney with a difficult left. Two extra times Devin hit the canvas just after he made enormous shots from Garcia. The judge, Harvey Dock, did not count them as knocking down, but it seemed that they should be. Harvey punished Kingry in the same round for hitting the break.
Ryan was nervous because he never received a warning about deducting the point. He was dissatisfied for this reason, and he did non -stop Holding Devin to survive after knocking down. The judge did not deal with the completion of Haney.
Garcia and Haney will share the card this Friday, May 2, on Dazn PPV at Times Square. Ryan fights Rolando “Rolly” Romero in Headliner, while Devin (31-0, 15 KO) is the main role of support against Jose Ramirez (29-2, 18 Kos). If Ryan and Haney, the winners, meet in a rematch in October.
There are many signs of questions about whether the chin Haney will keep under the difficult arrows of the former WBC master and WBO 140-lb Ramirez, taking into account his impact power. The size of this fight and focuses on your Power game to exploit the potentially reduced Devin resistance.
Left hook
“It was one of the funniest fights I had. It was comical. Ring magazinediscussing his last fight with Devin Haney in April last year.
“I was taken [by referee Harvey Dock in the seventh round against Haney]. It was very unfair. He didn’t give me a warning. Devin Haney held me all the time. He never called him to stick to him at the moment. Even he didn’t really say “break”. We were in the clinic, and I just hit him when he was going back. It seems to me that he said, “Break” but I haven’t heard him. Suddenly he took the point, or bull s *** – said Garcia.
Haney is still bitter in the event of a loss, talking about non -ice about how Ryan “deceived” because of two positive tests on Ostaryna. Fans in social media mostly eliminated Haney, perceiving him as a sore loser, who could not admit that he was exceeded by the power of exclusion of the left hook of Kingry.
Richard Torrez Jr. says Saturday’s fight with Frank Sanchez is the moment people either stop doubting him or learn he’s among the heavyweight contenders after other fighters reportedly lost the fight.
“I don’t think you should be in this sport if you don’t think you’re the best. I’m very confident in my abilities as a fighter. Overall, I’m very confident in my abilities. I want to put it to the test. I’m not here to fight straightforward fights. I’m here to make things happen. And that’s what we’re going to do on Saturday night,” Torrez Jr. said. professional boxing fans.
“Saturday is the time to either give up or shut up from everyone. Either we prove everyone is right, or we prove everyone is right. Whichever side wins.”
Torrez said he was preparing for the best possible version of Sanchez and insisted he preferred hazardous opponents rather than ponderous fights against weaker heavyweights.
“I’m preparing for the best Frank. I’m preparing for the Frank who comes to fight. Catch him at his best or at his worst, I still feel prepared.”
“To show your skills, you have to go and get someone who is talented. I’m not in this game to beat anyone. I want demanding fights. I want to be able to show that I should be here, on top of the world.
“I want to know that I’m the best. And to know that you’re the best, you have to fight the best,” Torrez Jr. said.
Tomek Galm is a boxing journalist covering the global fight landscape since 2014, specializing in heavyweight analysis, industry trends and fighter psychology.
While he may be one of the best fighters in kickboxing history, Verhoeven has only fought as a professional boxer once, and in April 2014 he defeated Janos Finfera.
Usyk, on the other hand, is one of the greatest heavyweights of recent times, having defeated Tyson Fury, Anthony Joshua and Daniel Dubois twice each to establish himself as one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world.
Another man who knows what it’s like to be viewed as one of the best fighters on a pound-for-pound basis is Canelo, who will have a ringside seat on Saturday to witness Usyk’s fight with Verhoeven.
I’m talking to DAZNthe Mexican star revealed that he expected an basic night for the Ukrainian.
“Usyk will definitely win. Knockout, maybe four or five rounds.”
Canelo then explained why he is such a huge fan of Usyk.
“I love Usyk. I think he’s one of the best. He’s a good guy and I always have a good time when I have the opportunity to see him. I don’t go to many events, but when I see him, it’s a really nice time. I admire him. He’s very disciplined and I’m glad to meet him.”
Usyk’s expected victory could lead to fights with the likes of Agit Kabayel and Moses Itauma next, while Canelo is expected to return to action in September when he fights Christian Mbilli for the WBC super middleweight title.
Dmitry Bivol’s delicate heavyweight schedule is improving again, and the WBO’s latest move could delay both the trilogy with Artur Beterbiev and the fight that David Benavidez has publicly pushed for since his victory over Gilberto Ramirez.
The WBO confirmed this week that unified delicate heavyweight champion Dmitry Bivol will be ordered to defend against interim titleholder Callum Smith after his May 30 fight against Michael Eifert in Russia. If the sanctioning body doesn’t change its stance, it will leave little room for the fight that Benavidez has been targeting since Bivol vacated the WBC belt earlier this year.
Bivol has not fought since defeating Artur Beterbiev in a rematch for the undisputed delicate heavyweight title in February 2025. He was later stripped of the WBC title after opting for a trilogy fight with Beterbiev rather than face mandatory challenger David Benavidez.
A back injury then delayed Bivol’s return and created more movement around his remaining titles. Now the WBO appears ready to move his must-see to the front of the queue.
Hello, Sir. The WBO will force a mandate on Smith in the case of Bivol after Eifert. Regards.
— Gustavo Olivieri, Esq. (@OlivieriLaw) May 21, 2026
Timing is tricky for Benavidez, who has made no secret of his desire to fight Bivol after moving between delicate heavyweight and cruiserweight. A mandatory defense against Smith would also postpone the long-discussed trilogy with 41-year-old Beterbiev, whose window for a third fight is getting smaller with time.
Smith was originally scheduled to face David Morrell in April, with the winner expected to move into position to fight Bivol later this year. Smith withdrew due to injury, and Morrell instead fought Zak Chelli on May 9. In one of the biggest upsets of the year, Chelli stopped Morrell in the 10th round.
Olivieri also stated that if Bivol refuses to fight Smith, the WBO will instruct Smith to fight “the next highest-ranked contender” for the vacant title.
Bivol’s schedule was already full after losing the WBC belt. If the WBO moves forward, he could soon be forced to choose between retaining another title or finally resolving his unfinished business with Beterbiev.
Dan Ambrose is a boxing journalist at Boxing News 24, respected for his direct analysis and extensive coverage of the global fighting landscape. His reports focus on the most significant fights, division development and the most discussed stories in sports.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it.