Boxing
The employ of two -handed sparring partners, Jaron “Boots” Ennis and Yoenla Hernandez, is a stern threat to Crawford
Published
12 months agoon
Coach Andre Rozier says that the decision of Canelo Alvarez about the employ of Cuban Medium weight Yoenla Hernandez and Jaron “Boots” Ennis in his camp for aid in pairing was “Covered movement” Through him, to aid to prepare to defend the title of his undisputed championships against Terenka Crawford on September 13.
Ennis and Hernandez Facilitate
Rozier states that Canelo brings Ennis’s “shoes” to her game “doesn’t aid” Crawford. Canelo receives two sparring partners, Hernandez and Ennis, who can change positions like Crawford. They are much younger than the 38-year-old Teunees. In the case of Hernandez, it is stronger than Crawford. It is a great blow that can fight inside and outside.
“I think it would be because he is indifferent, just like Crawford. So he can’t aid him. Yoenli HernandezFacilitate too. He is also two -handed – said coach Andre Rozier Sports media YSM Asked if Canelo Alvarez helps, using Jaron “Boots” Ennis as one of his sparring partners to aid him prepare for Terenka Crawford.
With his huge $ 300 million fortuneCanelo has wealth to get the best sparring aid that money can buy. Bringing a talented pretender to the average weight of Yoenla Hernandez and “Boots” Ennis to his training camp to aid him prepare for Crawford, he was the clever move of Alvarez. It shows that he is ready to spend on a good preparation for defense against the former world champion in four Crawford leaves.
“I am under the direction of a larger man, and Canelo is a bigger guy in this fight. He has been on this weight for some time,” said Roizer.
Sebastian Fundor Fund, Master WBC Junior Medium, says that this is a mistake that Crawford did not tune up to 168 to get used to the weight class before fighting Canelo. Terenka had a whole year for one or two fights for a heated -up in 168 since his last competition on May 3, 2024 against Israil Madrimov.
The fund criticizes the choice of Crawford
“38 -year -old Crawford comes out of the release and there is no fighting at 168. Canelo dominates there forever. Why omit the tuning? He is afraid to lose with a pretender and looked bad before Canelo. This lack of experience hurts him a great time, “said the Fund for Boxingnews24.
Canelo’s intelligent financial movement
“Two classes and everything else, it will be complex,” said Rozier about Crawford. “It doesn’t aid. I can tell you so much,” said Rozier, asked if Canelo introduces Jaron Ennis to the camp, lowers Crawford’s chances to win. “It’s a very intelligent move to bring someone who moves from Lefta to right.”
Crawford had only one fight at the age of 154 after promotion of 147 last year. In the event of a title challenge against four 168-FUNTs, Crawford really touches three divisions. He was not in the junior medium weight long enough to get acquainted with the weight class. It requires more than one fight. Depending on who Crawford used for sparring aid in this camp, he experienced a great shock for his system, and on September 13 it will be more when he will face Alvarez.
Ennis would be a powerful opponent of 37-year-old Crawford if they both fight now. Crawford’s eyes were bruised, and his face swollen since the last fight with Israil Madrimov on August 3, 2024. Crawford was not under great pressure from Madrimov in this fight. It was more a boxing match. If Ennis fought Crawford, he would be under a constant attack and make a lot of demanding shots.
“He is [Ennis] A enormous and forceful teenage man, very quick and talented, with striking power. It will be aid for him – said Rozier.
A different view that “Boots” will show Canelo will aid him for Crawford. However, this may negatively affect Alvarez’s performance. If Ennis in the camp is defeated, he can take it from his game, entering what is expected to be a complex, exhausting fight with Bud Crawford. Canelo’s photo with his face, standing next to Ennis in a glove inside this week, indicate that their sparring sessions were complex.
Double sparring session
“Of course it must. You are talking about Hall of Famer, the undisputed and Mexican icon,” said Rozier, whether the sparring from Canelo will move the game “Boots” Ennis “to the next level.
Many fans perceive sparring aid, which Alvarez receives from the teenage phenomenon of Ennis’s “shoes” as favorable to him only for his clash with Crawford. Ennis also helps, allowing him to learn from working with Canelo and gain valuable experience. Depending on how long Ennis cooperates with the Mexican superstar, he increases his chances of defeating the best fighters at the age of 154, starting from Vergil Ortiz Jr. At the beginning of 2026.
Canelo liver clicking in a cassel #Canelocrawford pic.twitter.com/rx4mibe5x4
– juliusjulianis (@julianisjulius) August 29, 2025
Last updated 29.08.2025
You may like
Boxing
Carl Froch Claims One Welterweight Champion Could Have Stopped Terence Crawfords Unbeaten Streak
Published
23 hours agoon
August 16, 2026
Terence Crawford faced and defeated 42 different opponents during a 17-year career, but super-middleweight icon Carl Froch believes that there is one welterweight who would have put an end to Crawford’s unbeaten streak if they were to meet in their primes.
Crawford became the first post-war boxer to claim the undisputed title in three separate weight divisions last September; a run which began as a super-lightweight in 2015 by defeating Thomas Dulorme, then unifying against Viktor Postol before halting Julius Indongo in an undisputed title showdown.
‘Bud’ then moved on to the welterweight scene and knocked out Jeff Horn to capture the WBO world title on his 147lb debut, making five defences of the title before colliding with fierce rival and three-belt unified titleholder, Errol Spence Jr, in 2023.
In a unforgettable fight, Crawford brutally beat Spence down in an authoritative ninth-round stoppage win to capture the undisputed welterweight throne. Talk then turned to an unprecedented three-weight move up to super-middleweight to take on Canelo Alvarez.
After stopping off at super-welterweight to dethrone Israil Madrimov on his way up, Crawford debuted at super-middleweight in a challenge for Canelo’s undisputed crown and outboxed the Mexican superstar in an iconic win last year, hanging up the gloves three months later.
Despite those legendary achievements, Froch picked Floyd Mayweather Jr to come out on top in a potential fantasy fight against the Omaha southpaw, in an episode of ‘Froch on Fighting’.
Mayweather’s achievements speak for themselves, retiring with a perfect 50-0 unbeaten record after claiming world honours in five divisions, with his most impressive reign coming at 147lbs, where he defeated the likes of Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley.
Mayweather has been rumoured to make a comeback, but while there would be huge finances that would be on offer, Crawford has revealed that he would have no interest in ending his retirement for a bout with ‘TBE’, believing that the 49-year-old is ‘old’ and ‘done’.
Boxing
Conor Benn Reveals His Pick: Oscar De La Hoya vs Terence Crawford Showdown in Boxing History
Published
23 hours agoon
August 16, 2026
Terence Crawford has been hailed by many as the best fighter of this generation following his retirement, and now WBC welterweight title hopeful Conor Benn has shared how he thinks ‘Bud’ would have fared against six-division world champion Oscar De La Hoya.
Crawford became boxing’s sixth five-division world champion with an iconic win over Canelo Alvarez back in September; joining Thomas Hearns, Sugar Ray Leonard, De La Hoya, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao in that elite and exclusive club reserved only for legends of the sport.
Of that group, only De La Hoya and Pacquiao have gone on to conquer a sixth division, with De La Hoya’s 2004 WBO middleweight world title win over Felix Sturm seeing the Californian become the first boxer to ever become a sextuple champion.
Crawford could have joined ‘’The Golden Boy’ and ‘Pac-Man’ in achieving that feat, having been offered a middleweight world title shot during the aftermath of his triumph over Canelo late last year – a proposal which later fell apart due to a failed doping test by Janibek Alimkhanuly.
Continuing the praise that the Omaha-born southpaw has received since announcing his retirement last December, Benn told Daily Mail Boxing that he would favour the undefeated star to get the better of De La Hoya, if they were to meet in their primes.
Benn also went on to predict that Crawford would retain his unbeaten streak against other greats of the game, picking him to come out on top against each of Mayweather, Julio Cesar Chavez, Pernell Whitaker and Roberto Duran.
Boxing
Robert Garcia Evaluates Terence Crawfords Odds Against Prime Pacquiao
Published
2 days agoon
August 15, 2026
Top trainer and former world champion Robert Garcia has considered the outcome of a fantasy showdown between Terence Crawford and Manny Pacquiao.
The two generational greats reportedly came close to squaring off in 2021, back when Crawford was the WBO welterweight champion and ‘Pac Man’ held the WBA title.
Their unification match never materialised, though, as Pacquiao was scheduled to face Errol Spence Jr before ‘The Truth’ pulled out with a torn retina.
Instead, the Filipino legend ended up losing his WBA title to Yordenis Ugas at a stage when, while still serviceable, he was quite clearly past his best.
Crawford, meanwhile, was hitting top form around this time, just a few fights away from producing arguably a career-best performance against Spence.
He did, of course, manage to stop his welterweight rival in nine rounds, before moving up to 168lbs and becoming a three-division undisputed champion by dethroning Canelo Alvarez last September.
Based on those two performances, coach Garcia has told ESNEWS that he would favour ‘Bud’ to defeat even a prime version of Pacquiao.
“The Crawford that beat Spence – and the Crawford that beat Canelo – would probably beat Manny.”
While Crawford’s prime almost certainly came during his run of eight stoppages at welterweight, it is harder to pinpoint when Pacquiao ultimately reached his peak.
In terms of his most destructive performance at world level, however, many will point towards his second-round finish over Ricky Hatton in 2009.
While facing the ‘Hitman’ at 140lbs, Pacquiao would cement himself as a formidable welterweight champion soon after, dethroning Miguel Cotto with a 12th-round stoppage for the WBO title.
Neil Magny closes in on Jim Miller’s all-time UFC wins record
Lucas Fernando nearly quit MMA before breakthrough UFC 330 victory
Charles Johnson’s wild UFC 330 submission was no fluke: ‘Once or twice a week’
Trending
-
Boxing2 days agoZuffa Boxing Parts Ways with Former World Champion After First Loss
-
MMA2 days agoUFC 330 start time, fight card for Islam Makhachev vs. Ian Machado Garry
-
Boxing2 days agoRobert Garcia Evaluates Terence Crawfords Odds Against Prime Pacquiao
-
MMA2 days agoUFC 330: Islam Makhachev vs. Ian Machado Garry live stream watch party
-
MMA2 days agoMichael Bisping shares prediction for Islam Makhachev vs. Ian Machado Garry at UFC 330
-
MMA2 days agoAnything but Fighting: Neil Magny
-
MMA2 days agoIan Garry polices UFC 330 reporter questions, MMA media vet states, "that's not the way this works"
-
MMA2 days agoUFC 330: 'Makhachev vs. Garry' Live Results and Highlights


