Boxing
Pacquiao and Mayweather talk about a real rematch after a decade
Published
7 months agoon
Manny Pacquiao confirmed in an interview that he is in negotiations with Floyd Mayweather Jr. regarding a rematch in hand-to-hand combat “real fight” that will count in their official documents.
The 46-year-old Pacquiao (62-8-3, 39 KO) says his team with the 48-year-old Mayweather still needs to meet “a few conditions.” Including the fight on the official records is one way to ensure that fans will be interested in watching it.
Netflix is stepping in
If the fight takes place, it will be shown on Netflix. Displaying it on this platform increases the chances of success compared to if it were distributed on a PPV platform. Many die-hard boxing fans have no interest in paying to watch 40-plus-year-old wealthy millionaires Mayweather and Pacquiao fight.
“We are negotiating at the moment. It depends on whether we understand each other. My people and his people are directly coordinating activities,” Manny Pacquiao said in an interview with Second exit about his negotiations with Floyd Mayweather Jr. regarding the rematch.
Disappointment of 2015
They have both already made so much money and are discouraged from going back to make more. Their fight ten years ago, which sold for $100 on PPV, was a huge disappointment. They both already looked vintage and their performances were well below what they had achieved earlier in their careers.
Talks about Lomachenko’s exhibition
Manny revealed that he is also in talks for an exhibition match with the recently retired Vasily Lomachenko. Understandably, it will be an exhibition as Lomachenko is 37 years vintage and looked in excellent shape in his last fight against George Kambosos Jr. May 12, 2024
Loma hasn’t been out of the ring long enough to lose the form he showed last year. Fighting this version of the former three-division world champion would be very challenging for Pacquiao.
Mayweather defeated Pacquiao by unanimous decision over 12 rounds on May 2, 2015. Shortly after the fight, Manny revealed that he had been battling a pre-existing right shoulder problem. The news angered many boxing fans, especially those who were betting on the outcome.
“I don’t have any problems with my shoulder at the moment. It’s a good fight and I’m sure the boxing world will be excited if the rematch happens,” Pacquiao said of the rematch with Mayweather.
Pacquiao should not have fought Mayweather due to shoulder problems. In hindsight, postponing the fight would have given him a better chance of defeating Floyd.
Conditions still pending
“I think we almost agreed at first [with] Mutually. We agree on many issues, but there are some conditions that we are still negotiating. It will probably happen in Las Vegas,” Pacquiao said of negotiations with Mayweather.
Mayweather won by scores of 116-112, 116-112 and 118-110. Fans criticized Floyd for the way he fought, opting for safety, moving, constantly holding and firing single shots. Mayweather has always used this style, but casual fans who had never seen it were disappointed. They expected action, and that’s not his fighting style. His style is more like a mix of Shakur Stevenson and Devin Haney.
“A real fight,” says Manny
“Negotiations are also underway with [Vasily] Lomachenko for the exhibition. This isn’t a real fight. But this is the Mayweather we are negotiations are a real struggle. He [Lomachenko] I can still fight, even at the age of 37,” Pacquiao said.
Pacquiao looked good for a 46-year-old in his last fight against WBC welterweight champion Mario Barrios on July 19, 2025. The two fought to a 12-round majority draw. He was far from the premiere of Pacquiao in 2008.
“He made his own decision. So I can’t tell him not to fight Mike Tyson,” Pacquiao said about Mayweather’s plans to fight Mike Tyson in an exhibition match.
Last update: 29/10/2025
You may like
Boxing
Albert Bell and Andy Cruz submitted a bid for the portfolio on May 27
Published
1 hour agoon
May 18, 2026
News: On Sunday, the IBF announced a bid for the previously ordered 135 No. 1 eliminator between Albert Bell and Andy Cruz. It will take place on May 27 at 2:00 p.m. local time during the ranking meeting at the IBF annual convention in Ho Tram, Vietnam. #box #PurseBidHedz
— Dan Rafael (@DanRafael1) May 18, 2026
The auction will take place at 2:00 p.m. local time during the IBF annual convention in Ho Tram, Vietnam.
The winner of the fight will become mandatory challenger to the IBF lightweight title, giving Andy Cruz a direct path to a championship shot less than two years into his professional career.
Cruz (6-0, 3 KO) has been undergoing an aggressive transition since leaving the amateur ranks after winning an Olympic gold medal for Cuba. The Matchroom-promoted lightweight already has wins over veterans Antonio Moran and Omar Salcido, despite having only six professional fights.
Albert Bell (28-0, 9 KO) brings much more professional experience to the eliminator and remains quietly undefeated, fighting mostly out of the spotlight. The Cleveland native has long been viewed as a tough matchup due to his defensive approach and southpaw demeanor.
Negotiations reaching the portfolio offer stage suggest that neither side was willing to bend financially enough to complete the transaction privately.
A victory for Cruz would strengthen his position in a crowded lightweight division that features names like Shakur Stevenson, Gervonta Davis and Keyshawn Davis.
The IBF tender for Cruz-Bell is scheduled for May 27 in Vietnam.
If Cruz defeats Bell, he will be back in position for another fight against IBF lightweight champion Raymond Muratalla if the titleholder stays at 135 pounds instead of moving up to 140.
Dan Ambrose is a boxing journalist at Boxing News 24, respected for his direct analysis and extensive coverage of the global fighting landscape. His reports focus on the most vital fights, division development and the most discussed stories in sports.
Boxing
Eddie Hearn blocked one man from fighting Conor Benn before splitting promotion: ‘I tried to get him’
Published
3 hours agoon
May 18, 2026
Conor Benn has called for several high-profile fights during his Matchroom Boxing career, but former promoter Eddie Hearn appears to have ruled out one potential inside fight.
Since Benn’s departure from Matchroom, Hearn has been open about previous discussions about the welterweight’s career, most recently claiming that Benn turned down proposed world title fights against Rolando Romero, Lewis Crocker and Josh Kelly.
Now former IBF and WBC welterweight champion Jaron Ennis has revealed that he insisted on fighting Benn while both fighters were aligned with Hearn, but the idea was immediately rejected.
Speaking on All The Smoke Fight PodcastEnnis said:
“I told Eddie to let me fight him.
“I said I would fight Conor, him [Hearn] he turned around and said “absolutely not”. I’ll get in trouble, but he said “absolutely not.” But I tried to get him.
“Boots” Ennis – who was described by his promoter as “the next Terence Crawford” – praised Benn and suggested he continues to improve in recent performances.
“He’s good and I think he’s getting better.”
Ennis is currently preparing to fight Xander Zayas for the unified super welterweight title next monthand the American intends to become the champion of the second weight category. If Benn moves up to 154 pounds in the future, Hearn may be more interested in making this fight happen after a promotional split.
Meanwhile, the Briton plans to challenge Ryan Garcia for the WBC welterweight belt later this year.
Boxing
Viktor Jurk stops Edwin Castillo in a few seconds and sparks an online debate
Published
5 hours agoon
May 18, 2026
A heavyweight fight that lasted mere seconds became one of the most talked about boxing clips of the weekend. Viktor Jurk knocked out Edwin Castillo with one left hand moments after the opening bell on Friday night at the SAP Arena in Mannheim, Germany, in the Karen Chukhadzhian vs. Paddy Donovan IBF welterweight title eliminator bout.
The fight was broadcast DAZN internationally and at ARD in Germany. According to RingJurk, a 6-foot-9 southpaw from Flensburg, stepped to the center of the ring and threw a looping left hand that dropped Castillo to the canvas, where he stayed for a few minutes before recovering and leaving on his own.
WAS THIS THE FASTEST Knockout In The World?!?! 😱#ChukhajianDonovan | Live NOW on DAZN ▪️ pic.twitter.com/nkAXTK8iP0
— DAZN Boxing (@DAZNBoxing) May 15, 2026
Sequence
According to reports, both fighters touched gloves before the bell Fox News. As the round began, Castillo approached with his hands down and appeared to extend his left glove towards Jurek for a second time. Jurk did not respond and instead released a left hook, which ended the fight.
This sequence sparked a reaction online. Some viewers argued on X that Castillo was set up by a fraudulent glove strike. Others noted that the gloves had already been touched before the bell and that Castillo entered coverage with his hands down. Ponderous-motion replays were widely shared on Saturday, with commentators on both sides citing the same material to support different conclusions.
Jurk threw a punch, left without joy, and the referee started counting before the medical service entered the ring. Castillo, a 23-year-old Colombian, lay on his back for a long time before he was helped. For Bad left hookringside reports that he “recovered shortly thereafter”.
Records and context
Jurk improves his record to 14-0 after 12 knockouts. According to Fox News, Castillo is 13-3 (8 KOs), with all three losses coming in his last four fights. The fight was contracted for eight rounds.
The gala, billed as “Night of the Heavyweights” and promoted by Florian Winter, featured several heavyweight contenders alongside the welterweight headliner. Emanuel Odiase defeated Nick Webb in the second round to win the IBF European heavyweight title. In the main event, Donovan defeated Chukhadzhian by majority decision, securing his third meeting with IBF welterweight champion Lewis Crocker.
Comparisons
Several facilities, including: DajMeSportraised the question of whether the finish was one of the fastest in the history of professional boxing. The recognized record is generally considered to be Jimmy Thunder’s 1.5-second knockout of Crawford Grimsley in 1997. No official break time has been announced for the Jurk-Castillo fight.
Jurk did not publicly respond to the criticism. Castillo’s team has not released a statement.
Albert Bell and Andy Cruz submitted a bid for the portfolio on May 27
Eddie Hearn blocked one man from fighting Conor Benn before splitting promotion: ‘I tried to get him’
David Morell IGNORES Zak Chelli AFTER SHOCK MAJOR UPSET – Zak REACTS
Trending
-
Opinions & Features1 year agoPacquiao vs marquez competition: History of violence
-
MMA1 year agoDmitry Menshikov statement in the February fight
-
Results1 year agoStephen Fulton Jr. becomes world champion in two weight by means of a decision
-
Results1 year agoKeyshawn Davis Ko’s Berinchyk, when Xander Zayas moves to 21-0
-
Video1 year agoFrank Warren on Derek Chisora vs Otto Wallin – ‘I THOUGHT OTTO WOULD GIVE DEREK PROBLEMS!’
-
Analysis1 year agoRobert Garcia discusses the debate on the greatest Mexican warrior in history
-
Video1 year ago‘DEREK CHISORA RETIRE TONIGHT!’ – Anthony Yarde PLEADS for retirement after WALLIN
-
Results1 year agoLive: Catterall vs Barboza results and results card



