Connect with us

Boxing

“Novel Generation” Teofimo Lopez is simply an empty phrase that is looking for a fight that lacks real rates

Published

on

Image: Teofimo Lopez's 'New Generation' Is Just an Empty Phrase to Hype a Fight That Lacks Real Stakes

Teofimo Lopez said on Friday that the winner of the fight between him and Shakur Stevenson would be the “leader of the recent generation”. In other words, Lopez believes that their fight determines the best guy at the age of 140.

Leadership

The winner of Lopez-Stevenson would be a leader only by surname, but not in a real sense. For them to be a leader, they would have to fight best.

Shakur has no power, it is all defense and does not fight in a lightweight welterweight. So, as victory over him makes Teofimo (22-1, 13 KO) a “leader”. It does not prove anything. It is understandable that Lopez is looking for his fight with Shakur, as if they were the best, but we have already seen that none of them is.

Shakur almost lost to Edwin de Los Santos two years ago and since then he has not met with a great punch. It was the last Power-Puncher Stevenson. His promoters carefully adapted him from this fight, putting him with Josh Padley, Artem Harutynaan and William Zepeda.

Do you think these guys were chosen by accident at Shakur? They saw what happened to him when he fought de los Santos, and since then they had no chance with him.

“To make boxing again, you must fight best. So if it is the best at the age of 135, he is ready to get to my weight division at the age of 140. RingSpeaking of willingness to fight Shakur Stevenson.

Words not supported by fights

Why did Teofimo not fight the “best” in a lightweight welterweight, if he really wants to make “boxing great” again? He was 140 from 2022 after he escaped from the 135-Funt division when George Cambosos Jr. defeated him.

In three years, in which Teo was 140 years aged, he never showed interest in the fight against Gary Antuanne Russell, Subriel Matias or Richardson Hitchins. I see a word for the desire to fight the best, but never do it. Why is it? I have my view. I think you don’t want to beat again.

“I think we both understand that the winner is The leader of the recent generation. The aged man is off home. The recent one is coming. It will be great to see what I can do against Shakur Stevenson, “said Teofiimo.

It doesn’t make sense. What Lopez says does not make sense. He and Shakur are approaching 29, And they do not count as a “recent generation”. In just over a year, Teofimo and Steveson will be 30 years aged. There is nothing adolescent about it.

What Teo does, hitting himself and Shakur as a “recent generation” is an example Poseur.

Younger warriors, such as Abdullah Mason, Ernesto Mercado and Jadier Herrera, are a recent generation.

140-pound avoidance

Winner of the Lopez vs. fight Shakur, if this happens, will not be the “leader of the recent generation”. At 140 there are still warriors that the winner of Teofimo-Stevenson would have to fight to prove that they are the best in this weight class:

  • Richardson Hitchins
  • Gary Antuanne Russell
  • Ernesto Mercado
  • Subriel Matias
  • Keyshawn Davis
  • Jamaine Ortiz
  • Oscar Duarte

“I don’t see anyone beating meAnd I can’t make the fight happen – Shakur said.

Shakur did not show interest in the fight against powerful lightweight prams after the bad experience he had against Edwin de Los Santos in 2023. These are great punchers at 135, whom Stevenson still has to defeat to claim that he is the king of division.

Real threats at the age of 135

  1. Andy Cruz: Ranking #1 WBC on a lightweight
  2. Abdullah Mason
  3. Herrera Core
  4. Gervonta Davis.

One way for Stevenson to avoid beating is not to fight any of his best guys and continue choosing and choosing, as he did in the past. William Zepeda is not good enough for Shakur to perceive himself as the best at the age of 135, because he has already been revealed twice by Tevin Farmer.

Last updated 09/13/2025

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Boxing

Carl Froch Claims One Welterweight Champion Could Have Stopped Terence Crawfords Unbeaten Streak

Published

on

"Carl Froch Claims One Welterweight Champion Could Have Stopped Terence Crawford's Unbeaten Streak"

Terence Crawford faced and defeated 42 different opponents during a 17-year career, but super-middleweight icon Carl Froch believes that there is one welterweight who would have put an end to Crawford’s unbeaten streak if they were to meet in their primes.

Crawford became the first post-war boxer to claim the undisputed title in three separate weight divisions last September; a run which began as a super-lightweight in 2015 by defeating Thomas Dulorme, then unifying against Viktor Postol before halting Julius Indongo in an undisputed title showdown.

‘Bud’ then moved on to the welterweight scene and knocked out Jeff Horn to capture the WBO world title on his 147lb debut, making five defences of the title before colliding with fierce rival and three-belt unified titleholder, Errol Spence Jr, in 2023.

In a unforgettable fight, Crawford brutally beat Spence down in an authoritative ninth-round stoppage win to capture the undisputed welterweight throne. Talk then turned to an unprecedented three-weight move up to super-middleweight to take on Canelo Alvarez.

After stopping off at super-welterweight to dethrone Israil Madrimov on his way up, Crawford debuted at super-middleweight in a challenge for Canelo’s undisputed crown and outboxed the Mexican superstar in an iconic win last year, hanging up the gloves three months later.

Despite those legendary achievements, Froch picked Floyd Mayweather Jr to come out on top in a potential fantasy fight against the Omaha southpaw, in an episode of ‘Froch on Fighting’.

Mayweather’s achievements speak for themselves, retiring with a perfect 50-0 unbeaten record after claiming world honours in five divisions, with his most impressive reign coming at 147lbs, where he defeated the likes of Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley.

Mayweather has been rumoured to make a comeback, but while there would be huge finances that would be on offer, Crawford has revealed that he would have no interest in ending his retirement for a bout with ‘TBE’, believing that the 49-year-old is ‘old’ and ‘done’.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Conor Benn Reveals His Pick: Oscar De La Hoya vs Terence Crawford Showdown in Boxing History

Published

on

Conor Benn Reveals His Pick: Oscar De La Hoya vs Terence Crawford Showdown in Boxing History

Terence Crawford has been hailed by many as the best fighter of this generation following his retirement, and now WBC welterweight title hopeful Conor Benn has shared how he thinks ‘Bud’ would have fared against six-division world champion Oscar De La Hoya.

Crawford became boxing’s sixth five-division world champion with an iconic win over Canelo Alvarez back in September; joining Thomas Hearns, Sugar Ray Leonard, De La Hoya, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao in that elite and exclusive club reserved only for legends of the sport.

Of that group, only De La Hoya and Pacquiao have gone on to conquer a sixth division, with De La Hoya’s 2004 WBO middleweight world title win over Felix Sturm seeing the Californian become the first boxer to ever become a sextuple champion.

Crawford could have joined ‘’The Golden Boy’ and ‘Pac-Man’ in achieving that feat, having been offered a middleweight world title shot during the aftermath of his triumph over Canelo late last year – a proposal which later fell apart due to a failed doping test by Janibek Alimkhanuly.

Continuing the praise that the Omaha-born southpaw has received since announcing his retirement last December, Benn told Daily Mail Boxing that he would favour the undefeated star to get the better of De La Hoya, if they were to meet in their primes.

Benn also went on to predict that Crawford would retain his unbeaten streak against other greats of the game, picking him to come out on top against each of Mayweather, Julio Cesar Chavez, Pernell Whitaker and Roberto Duran.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Robert Garcia Evaluates Terence Crawfords Odds Against Prime Pacquiao

Published

on

"Robert Garcia Evaluates Terence Crawford's Odds Against Prime Pacquiao"

Top trainer and former world champion Robert Garcia has considered the outcome of a fantasy showdown between Terence Crawford and Manny Pacquiao.

The two generational greats reportedly came close to squaring off in 2021, back when Crawford was the WBO welterweight champion and ‘Pac Man’ held the WBA title.

Their unification match never materialised, though, as Pacquiao was scheduled to face Errol Spence Jr before ‘The Truth’ pulled out with a torn retina.

Instead, the Filipino legend ended up losing his WBA title to Yordenis Ugas at a stage when, while still serviceable, he was quite clearly past his best.

Crawford, meanwhile, was hitting top form around this time, just a few fights away from producing arguably a career-best performance against Spence.

He did, of course, manage to stop his welterweight rival in nine rounds, before moving up to 168lbs and becoming a three-division undisputed champion by dethroning Canelo Alvarez last September.

Based on those two performances, coach Garcia has told ESNEWS that he would favour ‘Bud’ to defeat even a prime version of Pacquiao.

“The Crawford that beat Spence – and the Crawford that beat Canelo – would probably beat Manny.”

While Crawford’s prime almost certainly came during his run of eight stoppages at welterweight, it is harder to pinpoint when Pacquiao ultimately reached his peak.

In terms of his most destructive performance at world level, however, many will point towards his second-round finish over Ricky Hatton in 2009.

While facing the ‘Hitman’ at 140lbs, Pacquiao would cement himself as a formidable welterweight champion soon after, dethroning Miguel Cotto with a 12th-round stoppage for the WBO title.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending