Connect with us

Boxing

Manny Pacquiao still feels cheated of record victory: ‘He knows who won’

Published

on

Manny Pacquiao still feels cheated out of record breaking victory: “He knows who won”

Manny Pacquiao remains baffled by the outcome of one of his fights, believing that even his opponent knows who deserved to win.

Boxing legend Pacquiao competed 73 times in his professional career, but it was only his last fight with Mario Barrios that embarrassed him.

The fight took place in July last year, and Barrios defended his WBC welterweight world title for the second time, having lost it to Ryan Garcia in February.

Meanwhile, Pacquiao was entering his first professional appearance since a unanimous decision loss to Yordenis Ugas in 2021.

However, despite the long break The Filipino managed to lead Barrios to a controversial drawshowing that he can still go the distance of 12 rounds against a certain level of opposition.

In fact, many believe Pacquiao deserved to win the WBC title, which, considering his age and inactivity, would be a remarkable achievement.

As it happened, the 47-year-old was unable to get back into the win column before his rematch with Floyd Mayweather later this year.

However, there is still a lot of uncertainty as both fighters disagree on whether it will be a fully sanctioned fight, and the date and location of the September 19 event and The Sphere in Las Vegas are reportedly set to change.

If this indeed happens, Pacquiao hopes to exact revenge on Mayweather, as he has said Vibration that he feels like he’s getting his first victory in six years, even if his record says otherwise.

“It was a good fight with Mario Barrios and I’m surprised by the result. Apparently it was a draw.

“People know who won this fight, even him. I know he knows. I have to move on and look to the future.”

Regardless of the draw with Barrios, Pacquiao appears fully confident ahead of his proposed rematch with Mayweather, who won their first meeting via unanimous decision in 2015.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Boxing

Terence Crawford’s visit to Egypt keeps the return debate alive

Published

on

Image: Terence Crawford Says He’s Retired But Egypt Trip Keeps Talk Alive

Terence Crawford insists he has successfully retired, but his decision to fly to Egypt for Saturday’s Oleksandr Usyk-Rico Verhoeven fight continues to fuel doubts about whether the former four-division world champion is truly done with boxing.

Crawford appeared during the week’s pre-card fight at Pyramids and once again reiterated that he had “nothing to prove” when returning to the ring. Nevertheless, his presence at the season’s highlights in Riyad continues to fuel speculation about a return.


“I have nothing to prove. I have nothing to gain,” Crawford said when asked about returning to boxing in an interview with Ring Magazine.

“So you know, I’m happily retired.”

Crawford also explained why he thinks it’s crucial for fighters to step away from fighting while still able to compete at a high level.

“Don’t give them everything,” Crawford said. “Come out with something, you know, that way you’ll have it for something else later. I’m content with my decision.”

Despite these comments, Crawford’s continued visibility at Turki Alalshikh’s biggest boxing events keeps fans skeptical as to whether he is actually done. Crawford traveled to Egypt for the week of the Usyk-Verhoeven fight and spent time with Usyk during Thursday’s post-fight news conference.

Crawford praised Usyk and predicted that the unified heavyweight champion would ultimately defeat Verhoeven on Saturday night.

“I think Rico will be hard at first,” Crawford said. “But I think Usyk, with his experience, will solve it quite early.”

Crawford also deflected questions about a possible fight with Jaron “Boots” Ennis when the topic came up at the end of the interview.

“I don’t want to talk about it, man.” Crawford said.

Turki Alalshikh has repeatedly stated publicly that he wants Crawford to return for another major fight, although Crawford continues to insist that he remains retired.

Youtube video

Click here to sign up for our FREE newsletter

Related boxing news:

Categories Terence Crawford

Last updated: 21/05/2026 at 21:16

Continue Reading

Boxing

Mayweather’s former opponent Andre Berto predicts Pacquiao rematch: ‘It’s intriguing’

Published

on

Former Mayweather opponent Andre Berto predicts Pacquiao rematch: “That makes it interesting”

Former world champion Andre Berto, who fought Floyd Mayweather in 2015, presented his prediction for the American’s rematch with Manny Pacquiao.

Both of the best of all time will face each other in the professional ring on September 25over a decade since Mayweather won a unanimous decision in their first meeting.

At the time, “Money” was performing brilliantly against “Pac Man,” who later claimed to have injured his shoulder during training camp.

In any case, their bout was widely criticized for coming too slow in their careers, even though it became the most lucrative boxing event of all time.

Therefore, similar frustration has been expressed regarding their rematch, as Mayweather and Pacquiao have reached the ages of 49 and 47, respectively.

However, since Mayweather has agreed to put his 50-0 record on the line, his decision to retire comes with some risks.

The five-division world champion hasn’t fought professionally since 2017, when he suffered a one-sided 10th-round finish over UFC star Conor McGregor.

This followed his unanimous victory over Berto in 2015, and Mayweather’s former foe was expected to overtake Pacquiao again later this year.

Berto revealed his predictions in an interview with TMZwhile confirming the fact that both fighters’ best form is long behind them.

“I think that’s the only one [factor] this will make this fight really intriguing – [Mayweather] putting his record on the line.

“At the end of the day, Pacquiao is older [and] Floyd is older, so you can’t expect anything crazy.

“[But] I think Floyd could do the same [winning on points]. He’s a little older, but he still has that experience and knowledge.

Although Mayweather won his first fight in comprehensive fashion, his inactivity could be a telling factor against Pacquiao, who went to a 12-round draw with Mario Barrios last July.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Richard Torrez Jr. says that the fight with Sanchez is at a high level

Published

on

Image: Richard Torrez Jr. Says Frank Sanchez Fight Will Prove He Belongs

Richard Torrez Jr. believes that Saturday’s fight with Frank Sanchez will show whether he is indeed a grave heavyweight title contender, and it looks like he can’t wait to finally prove it after a long training camp.

Torrez Jr. will face Sanchez next weekend in Egypt in a heavyweight clash that many consider the toughest test of his newborn professional career. The undefeated southpaw made it clear during Thursday’s press conference that he intentionally wanted a risky opponent, not another exhibition fight.


“I’ve been in camp for five months and I can’t wait to be in the ring. Now it’s time to show what I’ve been working on and how difficult I’ve worked in this camp,” Torrez Jr. said.

“To show your skills, you have to ask someone for skills. I’m not in this game to beat anyone. I want difficult fights. I want to be able to show that I should be here, on top of the world.”

Sanchez is viewed by many fans as one of the more technically gifted heavyweights in the division despite recent setbacks, and Torrez has repeatedly emphasized the Cuban challenger’s level of experience when discussing the fight.

“I think Frank Sanchez is a formidable opponent who has competed in some incredible competitions, and I want to show that I’m right there with him,” Torrez Jr. said.

The 25-year-old Olympic silver medalist also suggested he was approaching the fight with a more disciplined attitude, rather than chasing an early save against an experienced opponent who had only lost once as a professional.

“I’m never going to get into a fight again trying to get a knockout, because if I decide to do that, it’ll never happen. So I’m going to go in and try to do well. I’ll be the best Richard Torrez on Saturday night and that’s enough.”

Torrez enters the fight as one of the most closely watched heavyweight prospects on Top Rank, but Sanchez is widely viewed as the biggest name and most complete opponent he has faced since turning pro.

Youtube video

Click here to sign up for our FREE newsletter

Related boxing news:

Categories Latest

Last updated: 21/05/2026 at 18:11

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending