Boxing
“Lack of apology in sight: Teofimo Lopez tilts racist criticism
Published
1 year agoon
Teofimo Lopez has reacted today to a huge response to racist “A group of haters.“Lopez, Master WBO Airy Wytreight, seems to be trying to reject the criticism of fans, playing the victim, instead of apologizing and admitting that it was not a mistake, saying. He does not take responsibility for what he said and does not work, rejecting criticism to stun the situation.
(Credit: Geoffrey Knott/Matchroom)
In the past, Lopez gave racist comments and showed reluctance to responsibility for their saying. It is not clear whether he thinks that by giving comments, he can anger Crawford or anyone is sufficient to agree to fight him.
No apology
Teofimo and his dad, Teofimo Sr., expressed frustration this week because of the decision of the Stars of Terenca Crawford, so as not to give them the fight they were chasing. Crawford moves to 168 to challenge Canelo Alvarez for his undisputed September 12 championship. It is not known if Lopez seriously wants to fight Crawford. Some fans believe that they simply apply the name Terence for purposes to get inexpensive publicity.
27 -year -old Lopez goes to a low performance against Arnold Barboz Jr. Last Friday at Times Square, Fresh York. He won the 12-round fight with a unanimous decision, but mostly unnecessarily clowns and showed, not landing too much.
It looked strange. Most of the fighters do it when they dominate, connecting with many arrows, but Teofimo has not landed. It seemed that he was dancing in the ring for 12 rounds. What was really bad was how Lopez withdrew three to five steps each time the lithe Finesse Fighter Barboz Jr. He appeared to get involved.
Stevenson style copy?
This is exactly the same style that Shakur Stevenson uses. Some believe that Teo studied Shakura and used it as a fight plan. Watching was so monotonous. In many respects, Teo performance was the worst of the large three [Ryan Garcia, Devin Haney, and Lopez] On the Times Square Friday card.
Nothing but a group of haters. 🏏 #Box pic.twitter.com/ubvxo7upn3
– Teofimo Lopez (@teofimolopez) May 8, 2025
Last updated 05/09/2025
You may like
Boxing
Tim Bradley Predicts Devin Haney vs. Keyshawn Davis: ‘He’s the Favorite’
Published
33 minutes agoon
May 23, 2026
Tim Bradley assessed the nuances of the fight between Devin Haney and Keyshawn Davis, believing that one of the fighters will be the clear favorite in their potential welterweight fight.
After his comprehensive performance against Brian Norman Jr last November, many would consider WBO champion Haney the top dog at 147 pounds.
“The Dream” was able to overtake and dethrone Norman with minimal difficulty, scoring an early knockdown before becoming a three-division world champion.
Previous points victories over the likes of Vasyl Lomachenko and Regis Prograis have only cemented Haney’s position as one of the best busy fighters in the sport.
Davis, meanwhile, has not fully established himself as a pound-for-pound star, despite having previously dethroned Denys Berinchyk – via a fourth-round stoppage, no less – to become the WBO lightweight champion in February 2025.
After returning to the ring last January, “The Businessman” defeated Jermaine Ortiz at 140 pounds, ending the 12th round after dismantling his opponent with body shots.
But now, after a unanimous decision victory over Nahir Albright, whom he faced in a rematch last week, Davis is expressing interest in moving up to 147 pounds and challenging Haney.
However, Bradley said that considering their recent performances his YouTube channel that would make Davis a significant underdog.
“I’m telling you now: I don’t care about watching this fight. I think it’s an ugly fight. But who would be the favorite?
“[Based on] their recent performances, Devin Haney would be the favorite. Haney has more experience; Haney fought back [professionally] since he was 17 years ancient. I fight adult men in Mexico.
“He won [an undisputed championship and has] I was there with legends [like Lomachenko]”
In addition to his experience, Bradley emphasizes that Haney’s mentality was a key factor in the match against Davis, who narrowly missed weight in his first weigh-in before the Albright fight.
Much more drastic, however, was his failed attempt last June, when The American was stripped of his WBO title after weighing more than 4 pounds over the lightweight limit.
Boxing
Adrien Broner’s broadcast leaked from Gervonta Davis training
Published
2 hours agoon
May 23, 2026
Gervonta Davis may finally be preparing to return to boxing after unexpected comments during Adrien Broner’s latest Kick broadcast revealed that the lightweight star has returned to training.
During a conversation broadcast live on the broadcast, veteran coach Kevin Cunningham appeared to casually inform Broner that Davis had recently been to the gym before the pair arrived.
“You know your boy was here,” Cunningham told Broner.
“Oh,” Broner replied before asking, “Really? Did he stop?”
“He’s training…” Cunningham added.
The exchange immediately sparked speculation online that Davis had quietly resumed preparations for a comeback after months of uncertainty about his future.
The return of Gervonta Davis
Davis has remained largely out of the spotlight since his controversial draw with Lamont Roach and the ongoing legal issues surrounding the Pound for Pound star outside the ring.
As WBN previously reported, surveillance footage related to Davis’ ongoing civil case was made public earlier this year, increasing scrutiny over the former lightweight champion’s future and legal situation.
At the same time, there are still some major fighting possibilities floating around behind the scenes.
WBN recently revealed that Vasily Lomachenko’s potential return could reignite the unfinished superfight that ended in 2024 when the Ukrainian retired from boxing.
For Davis, just returning to training changes the conversation.
The lightweight division continues to operate without him, with names like Shakur Stevenson, Isaac Cruz, Floyd Schofield and Roach remaining linked to possible future fights.
Stream Adrien Broner
The irony is that Broner stopped streaming with Deen the Great and started training with Cunningham himself, which he also broadcast to thousands of viewers online.
The footage immediately led many fans to question why Broner wasn’t doing more in the latter years of his career.
At 37 years venerable, Broner seemed to have some time left when he signed with Don King in 2023. Three years later, he fought only two fights, and the last one ended in defeat against Blair Cobbs.
Like Broner, Davis also struggled with inactivity and motivation, but looked like a million bucks on the pads.
During an eye-opening interview in 2025, Davis admitted that he needed to “rehabilitate” himself after several arrests and told Dan Cannobio of the Inside Boxing Show that the process meant getting “all boxing” out of his system, perhaps permanently.
Shortly thereafter, Davis signed a contract to fight Jake Paul before the fight resulted in modern legal problems surrounding the Baltimore fighter.
Now Davis appears to be considering whether another comeback attempt will complicate the legal process that still hangs over his career.
Despite the uncertainty, one chance exchange on Broner’s broadcast may have finally confirmed that Davis is at least returning to boxing rather than further away from it.
About the author
Phil Jay is the editor-in-chief of World Boxing News (WBN) and a boxing veteran with over 15 years of experience. Read the full biography.
Anthony Joshua’s mindset has changed with his July return to fighting, and Eddie Hearn says the former heavyweight champion is finally speaking with complete certainty about what he wants next.
Hearn revealed that Joshua is no longer taking the cautious “one fight at a time” approach that has defined much of his recent career. Instead, he claims that AJ is openly talking about destroying Kristian Prenga, knocking out Tyson Fury and becoming heavyweight champion again.
“I have never seen him with such clarity about what he is doing, where he is and what he wants to do,” Eddie Hearn told iFL TV about Joshua.
“He’s basically saying, ‘I want to hurt Prenga. I want to destroy him, and then I want to knock out Tyson Fury, and then I want to try to become the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world.’
“He always said, ‘I’m focused on July 25 and I’m not looking beyond that date.’ He looks beyond it. He has a plan. He has faith in what he is doing now, which makes him excited about the future.
Hearn said Joshua’s mentality and motivation now remind him of a player still chasing greatness, rather than someone content with what he has already achieved.
“He’s training harder now than ever before. He wants it more now than when he had nothing,” Hearn said.
“That’s the sign of a winner. That’s the sign of a true competitor. You don’t put yourself through what he goes through day after day for no reason. He wants it bad.”
Hearn also believes Joshua’s renewed hunger makes him risky again in the heavyweight division after years of criticism over his confidence and mentality following defeats to Oleksandr Usyk and Daniel Dubois.

Olly Campbell is a boxing journalist covering this sport since 2014, providing reports from the ring and technical analyzes of the most vital fights. His work focuses on fighter tendencies, tactical adjustments and the details that shape high-level competition.
Click here to sign up for our FREE newsletter
Related boxing news:
Last updated: 22/05/2026 at 22:32
DEREK CHISORA SLAMS FABIO WARDLEY – “HE WASN’T READY FOR BOXING, HE DIDN’T TRAIN!”
Oleksandr Usyk FINAL WORDS On “Perilous” Rico Verhoeven Fight At Pyramids
Tim Bradley Predicts Devin Haney vs. Keyshawn Davis: ‘He’s the Favorite’
Trending
-
Opinions & Features1 year agoPacquiao vs marquez competition: History of violence
-
MMA1 year agoDmitry Menshikov statement in the February fight
-
Results1 year agoStephen Fulton Jr. becomes world champion in two weight by means of a decision
-
Results1 year agoKeyshawn Davis Ko’s Berinchyk, when Xander Zayas moves to 21-0
-
Video1 year agoFrank Warren on Derek Chisora vs Otto Wallin – ‘I THOUGHT OTTO WOULD GIVE DEREK PROBLEMS!’
-
Analysis1 year agoRobert Garcia discusses the debate on the greatest Mexican warrior in history
-
Video1 year ago‘DEREK CHISORA RETIRE TONIGHT!’ – Anthony Yarde PLEADS for retirement after WALLIN
-
Results1 year agoLive: Catterall vs Barboza results and results card



