Connect with us

Boxing

Jesse Rodriguez to fight Phumelel Cafu in the Union of July 19

Published

on

One of the most electrifying juvenile boxing fighters will return to action this summer.

Jesse “Bam” Rodriguez (21-0, 14 KO) will face Phumelel Cafu in South Africa (11-0-3, 8 KO) in the Bantam Union match in Bantam on July 19 at the Star’s Ford Center, Frisco, Texas. Rodriguez currently has the title of WBC, while Cafu owns the title of 115 pounds WBO.

Fighting with San Antonio, Rodriguez is a world champion with two divisions who actively sought a fight with another champion in the league of juniors. He won the title of WBC by detention in the 7th round of Juan Francisco Estrada in June last year and had a successful defense of the title in November, when he scored the third round against Pedro Guevar. “BAM”, 25 years vintage, takes 7th place on the ESPN list for pounds for pounds and is the owner of victories over Słoneczny Edwards, Srisaket Sor Rungvisai and Carlos Cuadras.

He will be against Cafu, who captured the title of WBO, annoying Kosei Tanaka with a divided decision in October last year in Tokyo. 30 -year -old Cafu was previously associated with a potential duel with Roman Gonzales “Chocolatito” for his first title defense, but these plans fell. Now he will have the opportunity to unite titles with one of the best fighters in sport.

The collaborating of the co-existing on July 19 is a super-medium weight between Diego Pasteco (23-0, 18 KO) and Trevor McCumbby (28-1, 21 KO). The 24 -year -old Paczeco won a unanimous decision over Steve Nelson in January. Is No. 4 ESPN Super Middle weight. The 32 -year -old McCumbby hopes to bounce back after the first defeat of his career against Caleb Plant in September last year.

The fight will be sent to Dazna.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Boxing

David Haye assesses Usyk’s chances against heavyweight champions such as Lewis, Holyfield and Tyson

Published

on

David Haye rates Usyk’s chances against heavyweight greats like Lewis, Holyfield and Tyson

Oleksandr Usyk improved his results in both the cruiserweight and heavyweight divisions. Now one of only two other men to have reigned in both divisions, David Haye, has shared how he thinks the Ukrainian would fare against the heavyweight icons.

Usyk captured the undisputed cruiserweight crown, scoring away wins over Krzysztof Głowacki, Mairis Briedis and Murat Gassiew, winning all four world titles.

It is his current heavyweight streak that has made Usyk a global superstar, defeating Anthony Joshua, Tyson Fury and Daniel Dubois twice to become the undisputed heavyweight champion twice.

As a result, the undefeated 39-year-old has established himself as the preeminent heavyweight of his generation, and Haye answered the question of whether Usyk could have performed similarly in stronger times like the 1990s. Boxing Scene that in his opinion the Ukrainian would “find a way”.

– Usyk, put them in there with [Evander] Holyfield, [Mike] Tyson and Lennox [Lewis]would hang out with the best of them.”

“He would find a way. He consistently showed that he beat every guy in and around his era. It’s difficult not to be a fan of someone who did that.”

“It would be the same as beating Tyson Fury, Wladimir Klitschko, Vitali Klitschko or anyone else.”

On Saturday evening, Usyk will face Dutch kickboxer Rico Verhoeven beneath the pyramids of Giza in Egypt, in a fight that may do more for his fame than his legacy.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Richard Torrez Jr. claims to be one of the top heavyweight fighters

Published

on

Image: Richard Torrez Jr. Says He Belongs With Top Heavyweights

Richard Torrez Jr. says Saturday’s fight with Frank Sanchez is the moment people either stop doubting him or learn he’s among the heavyweight contenders after other fighters reportedly lost the fight.

“I don’t think you should be in this sport if you don’t think you’re the best. I’m very confident in my abilities as a fighter. Overall, I’m very confident in my abilities. I want to put it to the test. I’m not here to fight straightforward fights. I’m here to make things happen. And that’s what we’re going to do on Saturday night,” Torrez Jr. said. professional boxing fans.

“Saturday is the time to either give up or shut up from everyone. Either we prove everyone is right, or we prove everyone is right. Whichever side wins.”

Torrez said he was preparing for the best possible version of Sanchez and insisted he preferred hazardous opponents rather than ponderous fights against weaker heavyweights.


“I’m preparing for the best Frank. I’m preparing for the Frank who comes to fight. Catch him at his best or at his worst, I still feel prepared.”

“To show your skills, you have to go and get someone who is talented. I’m not in this game to beat anyone. I want demanding fights. I want to be able to show that I should be here, on top of the world.

“I want to know that I’m the best. And to know that you’re the best, you have to fight the best,” Torrez Jr. said.

Youtube video

Click here to sign up for our FREE newsletter

Related boxing news:

Categories Latest

Last updated: 22/05/2026 at 18:21

Continue Reading

Boxing

Canelo predicts a knockout in the Usyk vs. Rico Verhoeven match: “He will win”

Published

on

Canelo makes knockout prediction for Usyk vs Rico Verhoeven: “He’s going to win”

Canelo Alvarez announced the verdict before the fight between Oleksandr Usyk and Rico Verhoeven.

The Ukrainian will defend his WBC heavyweight title against kickboxing legend Verhoeven tomorrow night at the Pyramids of Giza, in a fight that has sparked controversy due to the perceived mismatch that many fans expect.

While he may be one of the best fighters in kickboxing history, Verhoeven has only fought as a professional boxer once, and in April 2014 he defeated Janos Finfera.

Usyk, on the other hand, is one of the greatest heavyweights of recent times, having defeated Tyson Fury, Anthony Joshua and Daniel Dubois twice each to establish himself as one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world.

Another man who knows what it’s like to be viewed as one of the best fighters on a pound-for-pound basis is Canelo, who will have a ringside seat on Saturday to witness Usyk’s fight with Verhoeven.

I’m talking to DAZNthe Mexican star revealed that he expected an basic night for the Ukrainian.

“Usyk will definitely win. Knockout, maybe four or five rounds.”

Canelo then explained why he is such a huge fan of Usyk.

“I love Usyk. I think he’s one of the best. He’s a good guy and I always have a good time when I have the opportunity to see him. I don’t go to many events, but when I see him, it’s a really nice time. I admire him. He’s very disciplined and I’m glad to meet him.”

Usyk’s expected victory could lead to fights with the likes of Agit Kabayel and Moses Itauma next, while Canelo is expected to return to action in September when he fights Christian Mbilli for the WBC super middleweight title.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending