Boxing
Jake Paul vs. Gervonta Davis – Everything you need to know about the fight on November 14
Published
12 months agoon
The announcement that Jake Paul’s next opponent will be the WBA Lightweight WWOY GERVONTA “Tank” Davis champion on Friday, November 14, at the State Farm Arena in Atlanta (streamed live in Netflix) came out from nowhere, because Paul was in the news about the potential heavyweight shows with the former master Anthony Joshua, and Davis was Related to a headlight with Lamont Roach. However, Paul and Davis came to an agreement on Wednesday for a fight between the two biggest names in boxing, which are currently marked as an exhibition.
The question arises after the message: Why is this fight happening?
How did it happen, what happened to other names that every warrior was associated with, and ultimately what does all this mean? Let’s try to understand this fight between the 135-pound world champion and the YouTuber award, which recently fought at a heavyweight limit of 200 pounds.
Why is Jake Paul fighting Gervont Davis?
In August 2021, Paul revealed the “list of hits” of opponents he wanted to fight. At that time, Paul had 3-0 in his boxing career with victories over YouTuber Anesongib, NBA champion Dunk Nate Robinson and MMA Fighter Ben Askren. The list of future opponents included Tyron Woodley (whom Paul was supposed to fight later this month), Canelo Alvarez, UFC Nate fighters or Nick Diaz, Kamaru Usman and Conor McGregor, boxers “Timmy Fury” (Tommy Fury), Gervonta Davis, colleague YouTuber KSI and Paul’s Elder Brother WWE.
Since then, he fought with three people on this list (Nate Diaz, Fury and Woodley twice). Davis will be the fourth. In 2021, many of these names seemed out of reach, taking into account Paweł’s lack of experience, but as his position increased in sport, Paweł became the name that many fighters want to fight because of the huge visibility and financial advantages it brings. Davis has long been interested in the fight against Paul, and they both sent stabs on social media.
At the beginning of this year, both sides negotiated the fight, but when Davis fought for the surprising majority of Roach in March, the plans were suspended, the sources similar to the negotiations informed ESPN. Paul fought with Julio Emperor Chavez Jr., while Davis thought about the options. Ultimately, Davis laid a rematch with roach on the rear burner and finalized the contract with Paul.
Why is the fight happening?
Both sides are aware that this fight would be a great cultural event. I like this or not, Paul is one of the biggest attractions in boxing, and Davis turned out to be money every time he fights. Although Paul is much larger than Davis, he thinks Paweł would be uncomplicated to work. Paul and his most valuable promotions will issue an event that will undoubtedly reach a huge audience when he is broadcast worldwide in Netflix.
From the time when McGregor and Floyd Mayweather Jr. They got in millions of fighting with the crossover in 2017, the boxing world recorded an absurd escalate in this kind of fights. Do they earn? Absolutely.
As Mayweather said once in HBO “24/7” before the fight with Shane Mosley: “I am a reward. This is what I am to fight for: reward!”
Is this a real fight? Is Gervonta Davis not a champion of 135 pounds and is Jake Paul a 200-pound cruisher?
Define “real”. Will Paul and Davis try to take off when the bell is calling? Yes. It will be true. Will it be an actual sanctioned boxing match? Probably not. When they meet at night, there will be a significant weight difference. Asked if the fight would be an exhibition, the most valuable co -founder of the promotion, he was out of Bidarian, said ESPN that the shrinking weight and number of rounds have not yet been agreed. All this is still negotiated. The weight difference will be the biggest reason why the fight can end in an exhibition, but everything will be determined when Georgia State Athletic Commission is involved in the rules. However, strange things happened.
What are the rules of the exhibition match and how is it different from a professional fight?
The rules of the exhibition match are much more adaptable than the sanctioned professional boxing match. The number and length of rounds, the size of the glove, the judge and other things can be negotiated. No winner is declared in the exhibition fight, nor does he count on a professional warrior record. Exhibition fights only apply to entertainment.
Is it like Logan Paul fought Floyd Mayweather Jr.?
Yes. But Jake is a more qualified boxer than Logan, and Davis is still in great shape, while Mayweather was retired when he fought with social media.
Like the Mayweather-Logan Paul, there will be a significant weight difference between the warriors. Logan entered this fight for 189.5 pounds. Mayweather weighed 155 pounds and I never really felt like Mayweather tried to hurt Logan when they met. There is certainly more bad blood element between Jake and Davis, taking into account that the loss of “tank” would be a great hit for his professional career. Paul will want to impress if he plans to be seriously treated as a boxer. He will be knocked out by a much smaller Davis would have significant damage to the idea that Jake is fighting Joshua next year.
Speaking of …
Was Jake Paul not to fight with Anthony Joshua?
Yes, according to MVP, the fight will never happen in 2025. Bidarian told ESPN that if the conditions can be agreed, in 2026 the fight between Paweł and Joshua in heavyweight.
ESPN talked to the promoter of Joshui, Eddie Hearn, last month and learned that the former united master was recovering after the elbow surgery and plans to fight again before the end of 2025. Joshua was associated with returning with French weighty tons of Yoka. Paul and Joshua willingly fought in 2026. However, if Paweł was knocked out by Davis in November, these plans could change. “If the” tank “breaks Jake, I don’t know what the demand will be to see the potential of Joshua, who will destroy Jake,” said Bidarian. “Of course, he always has a potential impact on Joshua’s fight depending on the result of Paweł’s fight with Davis.” Paweł took care of the opportunity to face Joshua to Davis in a statement on Wednesday.
“First, I’m going to kill David [Davis]Then I intend to murder Goliath [Joshua]And you all look at how I do it – said Paul.
What happens to the rematch of Gervont Davis-Mont Roach Jr.?
It can still happen. It just won’t happen.
Roach has been on board a rematch for months and apparently that it will happen in August. However, ESPN confirmed that Davis has never signed a fight contract and instead decided to pay much higher against Paul.
As for Roach, the sources have informed ESPN that he is planning to return to the ring this fall against the opponent to be determined. If both Davis and Roach won and untouched in their next fights, the rematch could be visited again at the beginning of 2026.
Has Gervont Davis not arrested last month?
Yes, his offenses that receive the battery resulting from the alleged national incident on Father’s Day was released at the beginning of this month.
You may like
Boxing
Terence Crawford Confirms Ryan Garcia Will Defeat Conor Benn: I Got Him | Boxing News
Published
13 hours agoon
August 17, 2026
Next month, Ryan Garcia will go toe-to-toe with Conor Benn in the first defence of his WBC welterweight title, and now former pound-for-pound king Terence Crawford has doubled down on his prediction for the clash.
Crawford hung up the gloves whilst recognised as the pound-for-pound number one in December, but that has not stopped ‘Bud’ from developing a heated rivalry with Garcia since his retirement, with the pair making regular jibes at one another in recent months.
Garcia has now revealed his intentions to tempt the undefeated southpaw out of retirement if he retains his title against Benn, but the Omaha-born sensation has declared his belief that Garcia will lose his belt to the Briton, favouring the challenger’s size and power.
Now, as fight week edges closer, Crawford has once again insisted that Benn will pull off the upset, as he told Fight Hub TV that he is picking ‘The Destroyer’ to come out on top.
“It’s going to be a good fight. I got Conor Benn!”
Benn will be competing at welterweight for the first time in nearly five years, looking to wrestle away the belt that Garcia won back in February with a win over Mario Barrios.
The event takes place on Saturday, September 12, at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, and on the undercard, Jai Opetaia is set to take on current WBC cruiserweight world champion Noel Mikaelian.
It currently remains to be seen whether the Armenian will still be the reigning titleholder when fight night comes around though, due to rumours that Mikaelian will be stripped for avoiding a fight with David Benavidez.
Boxing
Carl Froch Claims One Welterweight Champion Could Have Stopped Terence Crawfords Unbeaten Streak
Published
2 days agoon
August 16, 2026
Terence Crawford faced and defeated 42 different opponents during a 17-year career, but super-middleweight icon Carl Froch believes that there is one welterweight who would have put an end to Crawford’s unbeaten streak if they were to meet in their primes.
Crawford became the first post-war boxer to claim the undisputed title in three separate weight divisions last September; a run which began as a super-lightweight in 2015 by defeating Thomas Dulorme, then unifying against Viktor Postol before halting Julius Indongo in an undisputed title showdown.
‘Bud’ then moved on to the welterweight scene and knocked out Jeff Horn to capture the WBO world title on his 147lb debut, making five defences of the title before colliding with fierce rival and three-belt unified titleholder, Errol Spence Jr, in 2023.
In a unforgettable fight, Crawford brutally beat Spence down in an authoritative ninth-round stoppage win to capture the undisputed welterweight throne. Talk then turned to an unprecedented three-weight move up to super-middleweight to take on Canelo Alvarez.
After stopping off at super-welterweight to dethrone Israil Madrimov on his way up, Crawford debuted at super-middleweight in a challenge for Canelo’s undisputed crown and outboxed the Mexican superstar in an iconic win last year, hanging up the gloves three months later.
Despite those legendary achievements, Froch picked Floyd Mayweather Jr to come out on top in a potential fantasy fight against the Omaha southpaw, in an episode of ‘Froch on Fighting’.
Mayweather’s achievements speak for themselves, retiring with a perfect 50-0 unbeaten record after claiming world honours in five divisions, with his most impressive reign coming at 147lbs, where he defeated the likes of Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley.
Mayweather has been rumoured to make a comeback, but while there would be huge finances that would be on offer, Crawford has revealed that he would have no interest in ending his retirement for a bout with ‘TBE’, believing that the 49-year-old is ‘old’ and ‘done’.
Boxing
Conor Benn Reveals His Pick: Oscar De La Hoya vs Terence Crawford Showdown in Boxing History
Published
2 days agoon
August 16, 2026
Terence Crawford has been hailed by many as the best fighter of this generation following his retirement, and now WBC welterweight title hopeful Conor Benn has shared how he thinks ‘Bud’ would have fared against six-division world champion Oscar De La Hoya.
Crawford became boxing’s sixth five-division world champion with an iconic win over Canelo Alvarez back in September; joining Thomas Hearns, Sugar Ray Leonard, De La Hoya, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao in that elite and exclusive club reserved only for legends of the sport.
Of that group, only De La Hoya and Pacquiao have gone on to conquer a sixth division, with De La Hoya’s 2004 WBO middleweight world title win over Felix Sturm seeing the Californian become the first boxer to ever become a sextuple champion.
Crawford could have joined ‘’The Golden Boy’ and ‘Pac-Man’ in achieving that feat, having been offered a middleweight world title shot during the aftermath of his triumph over Canelo late last year – a proposal which later fell apart due to a failed doping test by Janibek Alimkhanuly.
Continuing the praise that the Omaha-born southpaw has received since announcing his retirement last December, Benn told Daily Mail Boxing that he would favour the undefeated star to get the better of De La Hoya, if they were to meet in their primes.
Benn also went on to predict that Crawford would retain his unbeaten streak against other greats of the game, picking him to come out on top against each of Mayweather, Julio Cesar Chavez, Pernell Whitaker and Roberto Duran.
Mackenzie Dern scolds Din Thomas after post-fight cornering 'retirement' at UFC 330
Islam Makhachev dismisses Michael Morales as No. 1 contender following UFC 330: "I don't remember when he fight"
Carlos Prates predicts brutal KO win if he challenges Islam Makhachev next: "I will bring that belt to Brazil"
Mackenzie Dern scolds Din Thomas after post-fight cornering 'retirement' at UFC 330
Islam Makhachev dismisses Michael Morales as No. 1 contender following UFC 330: "I don't remember when he fight"
Carlos Prates predicts brutal KO win if he challenges Islam Makhachev next: "I will bring that belt to Brazil"
Trending
-
MMA2 days agoAlexander Volkanovski vs. Movsar Evloev, Petr Yan vs. Merab Dvalishvili trilogy bout set for UFC 333
-
MMA2 days agoMackenzie Dern vs. Gillian Robertson full fight video highlights
-
MMA2 days agoUFC 330 live blog: Mackenzie Dern vs. Gillian Robertson
-
MMA2 days agoMackenzie Dern outgrapples Gillian Robertson to win lackluster title fight in UFC 330 co-main event
-
MMA2 days agoIslam Makhachev vs. Ian Machado Garry full fight video highlights
-
Boxing2 days agoCarl Froch Claims One Welterweight Champion Could Have Stopped Terence Crawfords Unbeaten Streak
-
MMA2 days agoUFC 330 live blog: Islam Makhachev vs. Ian Machado Garry
-
MMA2 days agoIslam Makhachev scores head kick knockdown, ultimately controls Ian Machado Garry to retain title in UFC 330 main event


