Connect with us

Boxing

“It’s a marathon,” says Shakur Stevenson as Bolt fans: Longevity over entertainment in Rin boxing

Published

on

Image: "I'll Drop Zepeda Fight for Tank": Shakur Stevenson Calls Out Gervonta Davis

Shakur Stevenson has published today in social media, revealing his career philosophy: “It’s a marathon; The longevity counts.“He talks about his career and why he decides to play safely, using a striking style. His post suggests that he focuses on a long career, not being hit, even if it means monotonous and indefinite.

You don’t have to watch

The style is poison for fans, and Stevenson (23-0, 11 KO) is one of the most obligatory fighters in sport.

Stevenson’s comment on “longevity”, promoted by the match, means that he adopts a long approach to his career. To do this, it must reduce the risk to almost zero to avoid shots that could slowly exhaust it. Using his first security style applies to this philosophy.

Turks Alalshikh and his promoters already pay him millions. It does not matter that his fights are monotonous, constant and much less fascinating to watch than the fights of other fighters who are not paid as much as he did. He was paid despite his failure.

Shakur claims that he won three world division titles, which means he is a great warrior. But by throwing featherlight at warriors, which Shakur defeated to win belts, many of the 10 best fighters at 126, 130 and 135 could beat the warriors from whom he captured the titles.

Three-Division of Stevenson titles

– Edwin de los Santos – WBC Lightweight
– Jamel Herring – WBO Super Feather Wweight
– Oscar Valdez – WBC and Ring Super Feather Wweight
– Joet Gonzalez – WBO Feather Wweight

Starting?

Stevenson will defend his featherlight WBC title against William Zepedie on July 12 in Up-to-date York. Social media fans hope that Shakur will not run away from him in battle. However, one of Stevenson’s trainers said last week that he “takes off the round to protect his hands.” This is not what fans want to hear.

This means that Shakur will move a lot. Considering that this is an event that Edgar Berlanga vs. headline Hamzah Sheeraz will be shown on PPV, upset fans that Stevenson will move all night.

Last updated 05/13/2025

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Boxing

Live scores Oleksander Usyk – Rico Verhoeven from Egypt

Published

on

Image: Oleksandr Usyk vs Rico Verhoeven Live Results From Egypt

The main card begins at 1 p.m. ET on DAZN PPV. Eliminations begin at 11:00 a.m. ET.

Live results

Oleksandr Usyk vs. Rico Verhoeven, 12 rounds, heavyweight, WBC title

Hamzah Sheeraz vs. Alem Begic, 12 rounds, super middleweight, vacant WBO title

Jack Catterall vs. Shakhram Giyasov, 12 rounds, welterweight, vacant WBA regular title

Frank Sanchez vs. Richard Torrez Jr., 12 rounds, heavyweight, IBF eliminator

Mizuki Hiruta vs. Mai Soliman, 10 rounds, super flyweight, WBO title

Daniel Lapin vs. Benjamin Mendes, 10 rounds, delicate heavyweight

Basem Mamdouh vs. Jamar Talley, 6 rounds, cruiserweight

Sultan Almohammed vs. Deny Impart, 4 rounds, featherweight

Mohamed Mabrouk vs. Yehya Ali Sserunkuma, 4 rounds, super lightweight

Omar Hikal vs. Michael Kalyala, 4 rounds, middleweight

Master card schedule

1:00 PM ET: Daniel Lapin vs. Benjamin Mendes
13:53 ET: Mizuki Hiruta vs. Mai Soliman
14:37 ET: Frank Sanchez vs. Richard Torrez Jr.
15:39 ET: Jack Catterall vs. Shakhram Giyasov
16:42 ET: Hamzah Sheeraz vs. Alem Begic
17:56 ET: Oleksandr Usyk vs. Rico Verhoeven

Tentative schedule

11:00 ET: Omar Hikal vs. Michael Kalyala
11:30 ET: Mohamed Mabrouk Yehya vs. Ali Sserunkuma
11:55 ET: Sultan Almohammed vs. Deny Impart
12:20 ET: Basem Mamdouh vs. Jamar Talley

How to watch

Usyk vs. match broadcast Verhoeven live on DAZN PPV from the Pyramids of Giza, Egypt. The broadcast begins with prelims at 11 a.m. ET, followed by the main card at 1 p.m. ET.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Tim Bradley Predicts Devin Haney vs. Keyshawn Davis: ‘He’s the Favorite’

Published

on

Tim Bradley predicts Devin Haney vs Keyshawn Davis: “He’s the favourite”

Tim Bradley assessed the nuances of the fight between Devin Haney and Keyshawn Davis, believing that one of the fighters will be the clear favorite in their potential welterweight fight.

After his comprehensive performance against Brian Norman Jr last November, many would consider WBO champion Haney the top dog at 147 pounds.

“The Dream” was able to overtake and dethrone Norman with minimal difficulty, scoring an early knockdown before becoming a three-division world champion.

Previous points victories over the likes of Vasyl Lomachenko and Regis Prograis have only cemented Haney’s position as one of the best busy fighters in the sport.

Davis, meanwhile, has not fully established himself as a pound-for-pound star, despite having previously dethroned Denys Berinchyk – via a fourth-round stoppage, no less – to become the WBO lightweight champion in February 2025.

After returning to the ring last January, “The Businessman” defeated Jermaine Ortiz at 140 pounds, ending the 12th round after dismantling his opponent with body shots.

But now, after a unanimous decision victory over Nahir Albright, whom he faced in a rematch last week, Davis is expressing interest in moving up to 147 pounds and challenging Haney.

However, Bradley said that considering their recent performances his YouTube channel that would make Davis a significant underdog.

“I’m telling you now: I don’t care about watching this fight. I think it’s an ugly fight. But who would be the favorite?

“[Based on] their recent performances, Devin Haney would be the favorite. Haney has more experience; Haney fought back [professionally] since he was 17 years ancient. I fight adult men in Mexico.

“He won [an undisputed championship and has] I was there with legends [like Lomachenko]”

In addition to his experience, Bradley emphasizes that Haney’s mentality was a key factor in the match against Davis, who narrowly missed weight in his first weigh-in before the Albright fight.

Much more drastic, however, was his failed attempt last June, when The American was stripped of his WBO title after weighing more than 4 pounds over the lightweight limit.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Adrien Broner’s broadcast leaked from Gervonta Davis training

Published

on

Gervonta Davis pictured from behind during a boxing appearance amid renewed comeback speculation

Gervonta Davis may finally be preparing to return to boxing after unexpected comments during Adrien Broner’s latest Kick broadcast revealed that the lightweight star has returned to training.

During a conversation broadcast live on the broadcast, veteran coach Kevin Cunningham appeared to casually inform Broner that Davis had recently been to the gym before the pair arrived.

“You know your boy was here,” Cunningham told Broner.

“Oh,” Broner replied before asking, “Really? Did he stop?”

“He’s training…” Cunningham added.

The exchange immediately sparked speculation online that Davis had quietly resumed preparations for a comeback after months of uncertainty about his future.

The return of Gervonta Davis

Davis has remained largely out of the spotlight since his controversial draw with Lamont Roach and the ongoing legal issues surrounding the Pound for Pound star outside the ring.

As WBN previously reported, surveillance footage related to Davis’ ongoing civil case was made public earlier this year, increasing scrutiny over the former lightweight champion’s future and legal situation.

At the same time, there are still some major fighting possibilities floating around behind the scenes.

WBN recently revealed that Vasily Lomachenko’s potential return could reignite the unfinished superfight that ended in 2024 when the Ukrainian retired from boxing.

For Davis, just returning to training changes the conversation.

The lightweight division continues to operate without him, with names like Shakur Stevenson, Isaac Cruz, Floyd Schofield and Roach remaining linked to possible future fights.

Esther Lin

Stream Adrien Broner

The irony is that Broner stopped streaming with Deen the Great and started training with Cunningham himself, which he also broadcast to thousands of viewers online.

The footage immediately led many fans to question why Broner wasn’t doing more in the latter years of his career.

At 37 years venerable, Broner seemed to have some time left when he signed with Don King in 2023. Three years later, he fought only two fights, and the last one ended in defeat against Blair Cobbs.

Like Broner, Davis also struggled with inactivity and motivation, but looked like a million bucks on the pads.

During an eye-opening interview in 2025, Davis admitted that he needed to “rehabilitate” himself after several arrests and told Dan Cannobio of the Inside Boxing Show that the process meant getting “all boxing” out of his system, perhaps permanently.

Shortly thereafter, Davis signed a contract to fight Jake Paul before the fight resulted in modern legal problems surrounding the Baltimore fighter.

Now Davis appears to be considering whether another comeback attempt will complicate the legal process that still hangs over his career.

Despite the uncertainty, one chance exchange on Broner’s broadcast may have finally confirmed that Davis is at least returning to boxing rather than further away from it.


About the author

Phil Jay is the editor-in-chief of World Boxing News (WBN) and a boxing veteran with over 15 years of experience. Read the full biography.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending