Connect with us

Boxing

Is the fight of the Crawford from Canelo simply a “stupid trick” or a real heritage test?

Published

on

Image: Canelo's Cherry-Picking Exposed: Why Crawford's Immediate Title Shot Undermines Boxing Fairness

Regis Prograis says that he does not see that Terenka Crawford won the victory in his battle “Fight of the Century” with Canelo Alvarez on September 13 at the Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas. First of all, Prograis thinks that Crawford (41-0, 31 KO) is too elderly. He will turn 38 in September and have not fought for a year.

Two -bars truck stroke

Regis says that a two -level truck leap that Crawford will do will be Kryptonit for him. Entering two weight divisions at the age of 38, without experience at the age of 168 and releasing a 13-month dismissal. Crawford has everything against him.

“He is not like that [a mover] And now it is getting elderly too. If Crawford can do it, it will be amazing, but I don’t see it, “said Regis Prograis Fight Hub tvAnticipating that Canelo Alvarez will be defeated by Crawford next month.

Last year, Crawford looked 37 on his fight with Israil Madrimov. He did not look like 28 years elderly, as some fans and fighters say. He showed his age in this fight, went outside and placed by Madrimov. What saved Crawford was the judges. He lost this fight in a real sense, but the judges won a wonderful score. On September 13, it is not realistic that Crawford will receive a second miracle.

“Canelo is gigantic, he is forceful. I hear he is [Crawford] I’m going to knock him out. Canelo was affected by Kovalev and GGG. These were gigantic blows. Erislanda Lara and Bivol. He was hit by real great punchers. I don’t think he won’t do anything, “said Prograis.

A matter of fighting a trick

The whole idea of Turki Alalshikha from the fact that Crawford moved two weight classes to challenge Canelo for his unquestioned 168 pounds championship, is bad. Turki should have made Crawford lead the mini-Gauntlet of two or three best 168 or 175 pounds to prove that he can go through this chance against Canelo. Fans would respect Canelo-Crawford’s fight much more than now. This would not be seen as a stupid trick.

“I think he [Crawford] He can catch him because it can be faster. I just don’t see it. How did he gain Canelo’s respect? This is Canelo. One of the best fighters in history. Canelo is as forceful as hell and can hit, “said Prograis.

Crawford’s arrows did not affect Israil Madrimov at the age of 154. He shouldn’t even try to hit Canelo, because there is no chance to win a shootout with Mexican Supergivia. It was not built to get to the trenches with Alvarez. Crawford should make a box and move all night, like Floyd Mayweather Jr. He did his victory over Canelo in 2012. Yes, it will be ugly, and the fans will be Boo, but his chances of winning will be greater.

“I think the weight will be too gigantic. He goes up two divisions. If you never fought. Madrimov, it was his [Crawford] The first fight at the age of 154 – said Prograis. “Madrimov hit him. He touched him a bit. This is Canelo. If he was another bigger guy, I would go with Crawford. It could be the best Mexican warrior in history. I know that everyone wants Crawford to win. They want Underdog to win. “

It doesn’t matter what fans want. If Crawford cannot raise his game from what we saw a year ago in his debut in 154 against Master WBA Junior Middle I am the weight of Israil Madrimov, he will lose. This is already a bad sign that he took great importance to the clash, hoping that the size added will allow him to overcome Alvarez.

Why the fight for tuning matter

Crawford should have two fights at 168, in which he was outside and he has survived. Fighting Oslyys Iglesias, AND Diego Pacheco It would be perfect tuning for a kennel. Even if he lost to one or both, he will probably receive a fight with Canelo.

Turks Alalshikh likes Crawford. So he gave him a break if he was decimated by Cuban Iglesias and did the same to him by Pakco. If it is a heritage in which Crawford really cares, and not on the day of payment, he would remain busy.

Last updated 18.08.2025

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Boxing

Terence Crawford Confirms Ryan Garcia Will Defeat Conor Benn: I Got Him | Boxing News

Published

on

"Terence Crawford Confirms Ryan Garcia Will Defeat Conor Benn: 'I Got Him' | Boxing News"

Next month, Ryan Garcia will go toe-to-toe with Conor Benn in the first defence of his WBC welterweight title, and now former pound-for-pound king Terence Crawford has doubled down on his prediction for the clash.

Crawford hung up the gloves whilst recognised as the pound-for-pound number one in December, but that has not stopped ‘Bud’ from developing a heated rivalry with Garcia since his retirement, with the pair making regular jibes at one another in recent months.

Garcia has now revealed his intentions to tempt the undefeated southpaw out of retirement if he retains his title against Benn, but the Omaha-born sensation has declared his belief that Garcia will lose his belt to the Briton, favouring the challenger’s size and power.

Now, as fight week edges closer, Crawford has once again insisted that Benn will pull off the upset, as he told Fight Hub TV that he is picking ‘The Destroyer’ to come out on top.

“It’s going to be a good fight. I got Conor Benn!”

Benn will be competing at welterweight for the first time in nearly five years, looking to wrestle away the belt that Garcia won back in February with a win over Mario Barrios.

The event takes place on Saturday, September 12, at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, and on the undercard, Jai Opetaia is set to take on current WBC cruiserweight world champion Noel Mikaelian.

It currently remains to be seen whether the Armenian will still be the reigning titleholder when fight night comes around though, due to rumours that Mikaelian will be stripped for avoiding a fight with David Benavidez.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Carl Froch Claims One Welterweight Champion Could Have Stopped Terence Crawfords Unbeaten Streak

Published

on

"Carl Froch Claims One Welterweight Champion Could Have Stopped Terence Crawford's Unbeaten Streak"

Terence Crawford faced and defeated 42 different opponents during a 17-year career, but super-middleweight icon Carl Froch believes that there is one welterweight who would have put an end to Crawford’s unbeaten streak if they were to meet in their primes.

Crawford became the first post-war boxer to claim the undisputed title in three separate weight divisions last September; a run which began as a super-lightweight in 2015 by defeating Thomas Dulorme, then unifying against Viktor Postol before halting Julius Indongo in an undisputed title showdown.

‘Bud’ then moved on to the welterweight scene and knocked out Jeff Horn to capture the WBO world title on his 147lb debut, making five defences of the title before colliding with fierce rival and three-belt unified titleholder, Errol Spence Jr, in 2023.

In a unforgettable fight, Crawford brutally beat Spence down in an authoritative ninth-round stoppage win to capture the undisputed welterweight throne. Talk then turned to an unprecedented three-weight move up to super-middleweight to take on Canelo Alvarez.

After stopping off at super-welterweight to dethrone Israil Madrimov on his way up, Crawford debuted at super-middleweight in a challenge for Canelo’s undisputed crown and outboxed the Mexican superstar in an iconic win last year, hanging up the gloves three months later.

Despite those legendary achievements, Froch picked Floyd Mayweather Jr to come out on top in a potential fantasy fight against the Omaha southpaw, in an episode of ‘Froch on Fighting’.

Mayweather’s achievements speak for themselves, retiring with a perfect 50-0 unbeaten record after claiming world honours in five divisions, with his most impressive reign coming at 147lbs, where he defeated the likes of Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley.

Mayweather has been rumoured to make a comeback, but while there would be huge finances that would be on offer, Crawford has revealed that he would have no interest in ending his retirement for a bout with ‘TBE’, believing that the 49-year-old is ‘old’ and ‘done’.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Conor Benn Reveals His Pick: Oscar De La Hoya vs Terence Crawford Showdown in Boxing History

Published

on

Conor Benn Reveals His Pick: Oscar De La Hoya vs Terence Crawford Showdown in Boxing History

Terence Crawford has been hailed by many as the best fighter of this generation following his retirement, and now WBC welterweight title hopeful Conor Benn has shared how he thinks ‘Bud’ would have fared against six-division world champion Oscar De La Hoya.

Crawford became boxing’s sixth five-division world champion with an iconic win over Canelo Alvarez back in September; joining Thomas Hearns, Sugar Ray Leonard, De La Hoya, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao in that elite and exclusive club reserved only for legends of the sport.

Of that group, only De La Hoya and Pacquiao have gone on to conquer a sixth division, with De La Hoya’s 2004 WBO middleweight world title win over Felix Sturm seeing the Californian become the first boxer to ever become a sextuple champion.

Crawford could have joined ‘’The Golden Boy’ and ‘Pac-Man’ in achieving that feat, having been offered a middleweight world title shot during the aftermath of his triumph over Canelo late last year – a proposal which later fell apart due to a failed doping test by Janibek Alimkhanuly.

Continuing the praise that the Omaha-born southpaw has received since announcing his retirement last December, Benn told Daily Mail Boxing that he would favour the undefeated star to get the better of De La Hoya, if they were to meet in their primes.

Benn also went on to predict that Crawford would retain his unbeaten streak against other greats of the game, picking him to come out on top against each of Mayweather, Julio Cesar Chavez, Pernell Whitaker and Roberto Duran.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending