Ketlen Vieira was a top-ranked bantamweight in the UFC ever since she beat Sara McMann and Cat Zingano nearly a decade ago, and stayed among the elite until the UFC decided not to offer her a new deal following a win over Jacqueline Cavalcanti this past May. For Vieira, it's still hard to wrap her head around that“unbelievable†call.
MMA
Ian Machado Garry's 'run by women' comment slammed by Uros Medic ahead of UFC Belgrade
Published
3 weeks agoon
Credit: Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLCUFC welterweight contender Ian Machado Garry's thoughts on women in power rubbed UFC Belgrade headliner Uros Medic wrongly.
Ian Machado Garry is weeks away from squaring off with UFC welterweight champion Islam Makhachev in the UFC 330 main event. Garry earned the next welterweight title shot following wins over Belal Muhammad and Carlos Prates, and he's looking to snap Makhachev's pound-for-pound reign.
While Garry has upped the trash talk as UFC 330 gets closer, some of his recent interviews haven't drawn rave reviews. Commentator Brendan Schaub recently called a recent Garry sitdown one of the ‘worst interviews he's seen' ahead of UFC 330.
But it was Garry's recent remarks about something other than fighting that riled up the internet this week.
Uros Medic goes off on Ian Machado Garry after claiming women should run the world
In a recent interview with High Performance, Garry touted his wife's influence on him while claiming the world would be better run by women.
“If the world were run by women, we'd all live in a better world,†Garry said.
“It would all be simpler and easier. That's the fact of the matter—whether you want to agree with it or not. If women ruled the world, and we just listened to them and let them take over, it would be an easier world.†(h/t MMA Fighting)
During an interview with MMA Fighting, UFC Belgrade headliner Uros Medic was asked about Garry's comments and didn't hold back.
“Obviously he's been very vocal lately about women running the world, and I just had a message for him,†Medic said of Garry.
“Just because his woman is running his world, it doesn't mean that women should run all the world, because men built the world. They've given the rights to women, and they maintain the safety and freedom [of] everybody.
“So if he wants to have his world run by women, I have no problem with that,†Medic continued on Garry. “Just don't try to impose none of that bullshit on me.â€
Medic fights Daniel Rodriguez in the UFC Belgrade main event on Saturday.
What is your prediction for Uros Medic vs. Daniel Rodriguez? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!
This article appeared first on BJPENN.COM
You may like
MMA
UFC welterweight contender believes Shavkat Rakhmonov won't fight again after injuries
Published
8 hours agoon
August 20, 2026

The MMA career of Shavkat Rakhmonov could be over, according to welterweight contender Sean Brady.
Rakhmonov hasn't fought since December 2024, when he beat Ian Machado Garry by decision. In the fight, he re-injured his knee, which resulted in knee surgery. Since then, Rakhmonov hasn't fought, and Sean Brady believes he's done and won't fight again.
“(Carlos) Prates is going to fight Islam and then you have (Michael) Morales fight Shavkat, and the winner of that fights for the belt next,†Brady said to Daniel Cormier. “He's hitting pads and stuff. He's saying he's coming back. I don't think he's ever going to fight again. I think he's done because every time he tries to come back, his knee just keeps going out. He's not going to be able to make it through a camp. I've never had knee problems, but when you see guys with knee problems, it's just over and over and over again – especially with him. The camp is the hardest part.â€
If Rakhmonov doesn't fight again, it would be one of the biggest what-ifs in recent MMA history. He was a perfect 19-0 and had wins over the likes of Garry, Stephen Thompson, Geoff Neal, and Neil Magny, among others. He was on the cusp of a title shot, but injuries have derailed his career and could end it, according to Brady.
Rakhmonov's coach, however, did recently post some training footage of him in the gym striking. So, perhaps he can return soon, which would add another threat to the welterweight division. However, Brady doubts that will happen.
As for Sean Brady, he's set to headline UFC Vegas 124 against Gabriel Bonfim on November 7 at the Apex. Brady is coming off a decision win over Joaquin Buckley to return to the win column.
Do you think Shavkat Rakhmonov will fight again?
This article appeared first on BJPENN.COM
MMA
Ketlen Vieira reacts to UFC’s ‘unbelievable’ decision to let her go while keeping ‘many other fighters there who aren’t on my level’
Published
8 hours agoon
August 20, 2026
It didn't take long for Vieira to find a new home, signing with PFL to face their featherweight champion Cris Cyborg in the main event of PFL Tampa on Aug. 22. Moments away from one of her ultimate dream fights, Vieira opened up on the “mix of feelings†of leaving the UFC after a decade in the promotion.
“I was already expecting it because usually we renew a contract before the final fight,†Vieira told MMA Fighting. “When ‘Dedé' [Andre Pederneiras] told me they wanted me to have my last fight, I already found it a little strange and was kind of expecting it. But it was still a huge surprise to me because I've been a top athlete in the division for many years.â€
“What I'm about to say isn't me being arrogant or anything, and I even apologize for saying it,†she continued, “but I'm much better than many of the fighters who are there at bantamweight. It's kind of unbelievable that they wouldn't renew my contract when there are many other fighters there who aren't on my level, you know? But I always put my life in God's hands, and He's the one who decides, and He guided me toward what I wanted, which was a title shot.â€
Vieira won 10 of 15 fights in the UFC cage between 2016 and 2026, topping the likes of Holly Holm, Miesha Tate and suffering defeats only to the best of the bantamweight division, including future champions Kayla Harrison and Raquel Pennington.
“I can't really understand [my release],†Vieira said, “because if we're talking about fighting styles, there are women whose fighting styles don't even compare to mine, and who are completely one-dimensional grapplers. I don't know if it was an internal issue, I really don't know. The only thing I know is that [Pederneiras] told me they weren't going to renew my contract. Looking at me as an athlete, my career, my style, and some of the athletes who are there, I just can't understand why.â€
Yet, Vieira chooses to see the bright side of things and thank PFL for being so “valued†as an athlete, finally reaching a long-anticipated title bout after “maturing†for 10 years in the UFC.
“I left the UFC as a winner,†Vieira said. “I left as a top-5 fighter, as a future title challenger, especially because all the other girls were coming off losses. It doesn't really make sense because I was the only one coming off a win to be fighting for the title. Anyway, I'm very grateful to the UFC for everything it provided in my life. They gave me a name. In the morning, I received the [release] news, and by nighttime, another major event was already interested in me, so I can't be ungrateful to the UFC or to everyone there who gave me the opportunity to change my life, and they did change my life. But today I'm focused on this new chance, this new opportunity in the PFL.â€
The Nova União veteran believes “some really good things are coming now†with PFL's merger with MVP MMA and popular figure Jake Paul support the organization, “and that's what matters†in the end. She can't help but wonder, however, about what all of that means for the future of women's MMA under the UFC umbrella.
“[Could be that] the UFC is no longer as interested in investing in it,†Vieira said of women's divisions. “That could be a possibility too, but the truth is, I just can't understand it. The only thing I'm doing now is thanking God because I'm at a new promotion, I have a job where I'm being very well valued, and I'm fulfilling a dream of fighting for a title.â€
MMA
Shamil Erdogan's finishing rate makes him the clear favorite over surging Paul Elliott
Published
9 hours agoon
August 20, 2026
ONE ChampionshipShamil Erdogan headlines the heavyweight MMA main event of ONE Fight Night 48 against Paul Elliott, broadcasting live in US primetime from Bangkok's Lumpinee Stadium on Friday, October 2. Erdogan carries a perfect 13-0 record into the bout. All five of his ONE Championship wins ending by finish. Moreover, he has an average fight time of just two minutes and 34 seconds.
The Dagestan-born wrestler has built that finishing rate against elite competition. He has stoppages over Aung La N Sang, Gilberto Galvao, and most recently Ryugo Takeuchi. Each result strengthened his case for a shot at the vacant ONE Heavyweight MMA World Title.
Paul Elliott's knockout streak complicates the picture against Shamil Erdogan
Paul Elliott brings his own case for that same title shot. A stretch of knockout wins turned his ONE Championship tenure around. His most recent victory, a six-second head-kick finish of Regan Upshaw at ONE Fight Night 44 this past June, ranks among the fastest finishes in promotional history.
The 34-year-old Briton's 8-2 record, with one no-contest, includes a finish in every professional win. That gives him a puncher's chance against an opponent with a considerable experience edge. A decisive result for either man on October 2 could go a long way toward settling who gets the next crack at heavyweight gold.
Neither man has fought for a ONE Championship World Title before. That makes this matchup a rare opportunity for both to leapfrog directly into World Title contention with a single statement win in front of a US primetime audience.
This article appeared first on BJPENN.COM
UFC welterweight contender believes Shavkat Rakhmonov won't fight again after injuries
Ketlen Vieira reacts to UFC’s ‘unbelievable’ decision to let her go while keeping ‘many other fighters there who aren’t on my level’
Shamil Erdogan's finishing rate makes him the clear favorite over surging Paul Elliott
UFC welterweight contender believes Shavkat Rakhmonov won't fight again after injuries
Ketlen Vieira reacts to UFC’s ‘unbelievable’ decision to let her go while keeping ‘many other fighters there who aren’t on my level’
Shamil Erdogan's finishing rate makes him the clear favorite over surging Paul Elliott
Trending
-
MMA2 days agoDana White rewards Roman Puga, Taner Trembley following DWCS war
-
MMA2 days agoHenry Cejudo doubts Ian Garry will get another UFC title shot
-
Boxing2 days agoJesse Bam Rodriguezs Team Reacts to Naoya Inoues Super Fight Deadline
-
MMA2 days agoCristian Perez explains game-plan change that earned UFC contract
-
MMA2 days agoAlik Lorenz erases DWCS heartbreak with brutal first-round KO
-
MMA2 days agoStephen Thompson issues warning about Shavkat Rakhmonov’s return
-
MMA2 days agoTrent Miller earns UFC deal with rare DWCS shoulder choke
-
MMA2 days agoKaik Brito had one more trick saved for Dana White, and it was brutal


