MMA
Gillian Robertson rejects Din Thomas' apology due to insincerity: "I don't think there's a conversation to be had"
Published
8 hours agoon
Zuffa LLCThe relationship between Gillian Robertson and coach Din Thomas appears to have been fractured.
Thomas was in Robertson's corner for the UFC 330 co-main event. Robertson challenged Mackenzie Dern for the women's strawweight title this past Saturday in Philadelphia. “The Savage†ultimately had her five-fight winning streak snapped, and her bid for UFC gold fell short via unanimous decision.
During the UFC 330 post-fight show on Paramount+, Thomas announced that he will no longer be cornering fighters. While many felt the timing of Thomas' reveal was bizarre, the backlash occurred when the longtime coach said he felt Robertson came as close as she'll ever get to winning UFC gold.
During Monday's edition of “Deep Waters,†Thomas apologized for his comments and even called them “despicable.†Despite the apology, Robertson isn't exactly forgiving. On a recent episode of “The Ariel Helwani Show,†Helwani detailed a message that Robertson sent to him (via Home of Fight).
I reached out to Gillian Robertson following Din Thomas' comments and subsequent apology to get her thoughts on the situation. Here’s what she had to say:
“Prior to [Saturday’s broadcast], I didn’t see any sign of what was to be said.
After the broadcast, he had said, ‘I will… pic.twitter.com/NnoonGmkGQ
— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) August 18, 2026
“He did reach out to me privately at 5:00 PM and then sent a voice message apologizing around 7:30 PM, to which I have not responded due to comments he has made since the broadcast, privately, to my team that led me to believe there is not much weight in the apology, such as, ‘Me doing that publicly was more so for TV purposes and ratings,’†Robertson wrote.
The top 115-pounder seems ready to move on from the situation, and she wants to get back to work as soon as possible.
“I don't think there's a conversation to be had,†Robertson wrote. “I'm good with everything. The people who sign my checks are cool. As for now, I regroup, take some time to heal, and I will be back in the gym as soon as possible on the same mission.â€
Thomas noted that he had been considering ending his run cornering fighters long before Robertson fought Dern. The former American Top Team mentor said he thought he'd be done after Tyron Woodley was knocked out by Jake Paul in their boxing rematch back in 2021. Whether or not he sticks to it this time remains to be seen.
Do you agree with Gillian Robertson's response to Din Thomas' apology? Sound off in the comments below.
This article appeared first on BJPENN.COM
You may like
MMA
Anthony Smith pleads not guilty to four felony charges in Nebraska
Published
7 hours agoon
August 18, 2026
Smith has pleaded not guilty to four felony charges stemming
from a July domestic incident in Nebraska.
Court records confirmed
Smith’s plea, resulting in the cancellation of an arraignment
scheduled for Aug. 17. The former
Ultimate Fighting Championship light heavyweight title
challenger is now due back in court for a status hearing Sept. 21
in Sarpy County.
Former UFC title challenger Anthony Smith faces four felony
charges stemming from an alleged July domestic incident in Gretna,
Nebraska
Smith faces one Class 2 felony count involving an attempted Class 1
offense, a terroristic-threats charge and two counts of
first-degree false imprisonment, all classified as Class 3A
felonies. A Class 2 felony in Nebraska can carry a prison term of
one to 50 years, while Class 3A felonies carry up to three years of
imprisonment and 18 months of post-release supervision.
Prosecutors allege that Smith became involved in an altercation
with his wife at a Gretna, Nebraska, bar on July 26. They claim
Smith threatened to kill his wife, forced her into his vehicle and
later attempted to strike her with the vehicle after she exited it.
His wife was not physically injured, according to prosecutors’
account.
Smith has not publicly addressed the allegations. His wife, Mikhala
Renee Newman, previously offered a different characterization of
the incident, saying Smith was experiencing a mental health crisis
and that she had sought help to protect him from himself.
MMA
Glover Teixeira likes the idea of Alex Pereira facing Josh Hokit to earn another heavyweight title shot: 'Knock his ass out'
Published
7 hours agoon
August 18, 2026

Former UFC middleweight and light heavyweight champion Alex Pereira plans to stay at heavyweight.
Pereira moved up to heavyweight at UFC White House as he took on Ciryl Gane for the interim heavyweight title. However, Pereira suffered a knockout loss, as the size and power of Gane proved to be the difference.
After the loss, whether Pereira would stay at heavyweight was unclear, but his coach, Glover Teixeira, said that is the plan.
“He's going to stay at heavyweight; that's the plan,†Teixeira said to Ariel Helwani. … “He wants to fight all the time, but it's good to take time, he fought back-to-back for so long. He wants to fight. Alex always wants to fight.â€
Alex Pereira could face Josh Hokit next
Once Pereira is ready to return, Teixeira isn't sure who will be next for him. The goal is to get back to a heavyweight title shot, so Teixeira believes Josh Hokit could be a logical opponent.
“The plan with them, because Alex is a huge name and an exciting fighter to watch, and he sells. Some fight they will put him right back into the title. For him, pretty much any fight. Maybe we get this fight (Josh Hokit). He's talking a lot of shit. Go over there and knock his ass out and get back to the top, and then get the rematch,†Teixeira said.
Whether or not the UFC has any interest in that fight is unclear. But, on paper, it does make sense, as the winner would likely get a title shot, which is what this fight would do. And, Hokit has been talking trash about Pereira, so the storyline is there to be a co-main event of a numbered card.
Pereira is 13-4 as a pro and is coming off a TKO loss to Gane. He's 10-3 in the UFC and the former middleweight & light heavyweight champion.
Would you like to see Alex Pereira face Josh Hokit next?
This article appeared first on BJPENN.COM
Teofimo Lopez Challenges Fathers Corner Decisions After Shakur Stevenson Defeat
DWCS Week 2 official after all 10 fighters make weight
Anthony Smith pleads not guilty to four felony charges in Nebraska
Trending
-
MMA2 days agoJalin Turner explains how he handled the burden of hurting his opponents
-
MMA2 days agoDin Thomas retires from cornering after Gillian Robertson’s UFC 330 loss
-
MMA2 days agoIan Machado Garry sends defiant message after Islam Makhachev defeat
-
MMA2 days agoCharles Johnson’s wild UFC 330 submission was no fluke: ‘Once or twice a week’
-
MMA2 days agoChidi Njokuani explains bizarre UFC 330 weigh-in mix-up
-
MMA2 days agoLucas Fernando nearly quit MMA before breakthrough UFC 330 victory
-
MMA2 days agoNeil Magny closes in on Jim Miller’s all-time UFC wins record
-
MMA2 days agoIan Garry confronts Michael Morales at UFC 330: ‘Make sure you back it up’


