MMA
Gable Steveson is focused on the task ahead despite huge pre-UFC 329 media hype
Published
1 month agoon
UFC newcomer Gable Steveson is focused on Elisha Ellison despite the hype surrounding his future in the promotion.
On Saturday night at UFC 329, Gable Steveson will make his long-awaited debut in the Ultimate Fighting Championship. Despite being just 3-0 in his mixed martial arts career, Gable has generated a great deal of buzz courtesy of his amazing stint in amateur wrestling.
RELATED: Gable Steveson plans to represent new age of heavyweights at UFC 329: “That's gonna start with meâ€
Now, with the likes of Greg Jackson and Jon Jones behind him, Steveson has expectations on his shoulders for what he could go on to accomplish in the years to come.
In a recent interview, though, Steveson made it clear that he isn't looking past his next opponent.
Steveson is focused on the task ahead at UFC 329
“This is a perfect debut opponent for me,†Steveson told MMA Junkie and other reporters at a pre-fight news conference Wednesday. “All respect to Elisha for taking this matchup. I come out there, and like I said, treat everybody the same whether it's Derrick Lewis or Josh Hokit, Tom Aspinall or Ciryl Gane. But my matchup Saturday is what I'm looking forward to, and that's all.â€
“It doesn't matter to me,†Steveson said. “I come to show up and do the best thing I ever possibly do, and that's win. That's all that matters to me.â€
Quotes via MMA Junkie
Gable certainly has a great athletic pedigree, but when you get to the UFC level and there are big heavyweights throwing bombs at you, it's an entirely different story. In a few days, we will get the chance to see how he responds to that kind of adversity.
Are you excited to see Gable Steveson make his debut? How far do you believe he can go in the UFC? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below, BJPENN Nation!
You may like
MMA
Anthony Smith pleads not guilty to four felony charges in Nebraska
Published
8 hours agoon
August 18, 2026
Smith has pleaded not guilty to four felony charges stemming
from a July domestic incident in Nebraska.
Court records confirmed
Smith’s plea, resulting in the cancellation of an arraignment
scheduled for Aug. 17. The former
Ultimate Fighting Championship light heavyweight title
challenger is now due back in court for a status hearing Sept. 21
in Sarpy County.
Former UFC title challenger Anthony Smith faces four felony
charges stemming from an alleged July domestic incident in Gretna,
Nebraska
Smith faces one Class 2 felony count involving an attempted Class 1
offense, a terroristic-threats charge and two counts of
first-degree false imprisonment, all classified as Class 3A
felonies. A Class 2 felony in Nebraska can carry a prison term of
one to 50 years, while Class 3A felonies carry up to three years of
imprisonment and 18 months of post-release supervision.
Prosecutors allege that Smith became involved in an altercation
with his wife at a Gretna, Nebraska, bar on July 26. They claim
Smith threatened to kill his wife, forced her into his vehicle and
later attempted to strike her with the vehicle after she exited it.
His wife was not physically injured, according to prosecutors’
account.
Smith has not publicly addressed the allegations. His wife, Mikhala
Renee Newman, previously offered a different characterization of
the incident, saying Smith was experiencing a mental health crisis
and that she had sought help to protect him from himself.
MMA
Sean Strickland trades heated DMs with Tyron Woodley over Din Thomas cornering controversy
Published
8 hours agoon
August 18, 2026
Credit: Michelle Farsi/Chris Unger/Matt Winkelmeyer/Zuffa LLCUFC middleweight champion Sean Strickland and former titleholder Tyron Woodley engaged in a war of words over Din Thomas.
UFC analyst and former fighter Din Thomas is under intense criticism after ‘retiring' as a cornerman following Gillian Robertson's loss at UFC 330. Robertson lost to UFC women's strawweight champion Mackenzie Dern by unanimous decision with Thomas, her longtime mentor and coach, in her corner.
After massive backlash, Thomas apologized for his ‘retirement' during the most recent episode of Deep Waters alongside Dustin Poirier and Jorge Masvidal. Robertson, in her first post-fight comments after UFC 330, appeared to question the sincerity of Thomas' apology.
Enter Sean Strickland, who went on an X-rated social media rant against Thomas as the controversy built steam over the weekend. Strickland defended Robertson's performance and blasted Thomas' critical remarks in the immediate aftermath of the fight.
After Strickland's remarks went viral, one of Thomas' closest confidants, former UFC welterweight champ Tyron Woodley, defended the coach against Strickland's attacks.
Sean Strickland, Tyron Woodley trade threats over Din Thomas controversy
As Strickland leaked on Instagram, Woodley gave him a stern warning after the middleweight champ's recent remarks about Thomas following UFC 330.
“Watch your mouth talking about Din,†Woodley messaged Strickland.
“You have no clue WTF you talking about, we laugh all the time when you have no filter, but you a habitual line-crosser. I'm ride or die about him. Don't cross that line.â€
Tyron Woodley confronted Sean Strickland in his DMs for talking bad about Din Thomas
Sean Strickland sent him back a screenshot of his 7-fight losing skid 😬
ðŸ—£ï¸ Woodley: “Watch your mouth talking about Din. You have no clue wtf you talking about.â€
ðŸ—£ï¸ Strickland: “Bro what are… pic.twitter.com/MjP2elpaR2
— Championship Rounds (@ChampRDS) August 18, 2026
Three hours later, Strickland hit back at Woodley.
“Bro, what are you gonna do? You ain't gonna do a damn thing lmao,†Strickland responded to Woodley.
“Din can suck my c—. Weak a– b—-.â€
What are your thoughts on the Din Thomas cornering controversy? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!
This article appeared first on BJPENN.COM
Teofimo Lopez Challenges Fathers Corner Decisions After Shakur Stevenson Defeat
DWCS Week 2 official after all 10 fighters make weight
Anthony Smith pleads not guilty to four felony charges in Nebraska
Trending
-
MMA2 days agoJalin Turner explains how he handled the burden of hurting his opponents
-
MMA2 days agoDin Thomas retires from cornering after Gillian Robertson’s UFC 330 loss
-
MMA2 days agoIan Machado Garry sends defiant message after Islam Makhachev defeat
-
MMA2 days agoCharles Johnson’s wild UFC 330 submission was no fluke: ‘Once or twice a week’
-
MMA2 days agoChidi Njokuani explains bizarre UFC 330 weigh-in mix-up
-
MMA2 days agoLucas Fernando nearly quit MMA before breakthrough UFC 330 victory
-
MMA2 days agoNeil Magny closes in on Jim Miller’s all-time UFC wins record
-
MMA2 days agoIan Garry confronts Michael Morales at UFC 330: ‘Make sure you back it up’


