UK Boxing
Frank Warren opens up about Daniel Dubois vs. Fabio Wardley 2 fight
Published
59 minutes agoon
Frank Warren described the Daniel Dubois and Fabio Wardley fight as the greatest heavyweight fight he had ever seen.
Wardley activated his rematch clause against Dubois, and Warren discussed how large their second fight could be.
The pair faced off just over a week ago in Manchester ahead of a record turnout for the boxing event taking place at the Co-op Live venue.
“DDD” defeated Wardley despite hitting the canvas in the first and third rounds. He put together a series of attacks, forcing the referee to stop the fight in the 11th round.
Promoter Warren announced immediately after the final bell that the former world champion had the option of a rematch with “Dynamite.”
Warren spoke to a man from Ipswich who triggered the option TalkSports about how monumental a rematch could be.
“I really believe it will end in the stadium.
“I think it will happen. This heavyweight division is very stimulating, there are so many great fights.”
Many were surprised that Wardley made the rematch happen just six days after the loss after the damage he sustained in combat.

Queensberry can confirm that Fabio Wardley has activated his rematch clause following his defeat in last week’s WBO world title fight against Daniel Dubois at Co-op Live in Manchester.
All parties will now work towards the Fight of the Year contender’s rematch later this year… pic.twitter.com/cNJQ2pFIwE
— Queensberry Promotions (@Queensberry) May 15, 2026
His coach, Ben Davison, has faced criticism on social media, with some believing he should have withdrawn his player before the referee was forced to step in.
He talked to Ade Oladipo Professional boxing fans and admitted that he expected the 31-year-old would have to leave the ring for a longer time.
“I said Fabio needs a break and I love him more than most, but I said, ‘Fabio, four of your last five fights have been complex.

“It’s complex physically, mentally, emotionally; you can say, ‘You know what, I’ll stop for a while and come back.'”
Oladipo continued to explain why Wardley might want an immediate rematch and where his motivations might come from.
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐘𝐖𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒
![]()
Last week Fabio Wardley and Daniel Dubois left it all in the ring, tonight Filip Hrgovic is set to make a statement in Doncaster, live on DAZN
#AllenHrgovic | Tonight | Doncaster EcoPower Stadium | @DAZNBoxing pic.twitter.com/K3dfVemN4A
— Queensberry Promotions (@Queensberry) May 16, 2026
“We are just people saying this. Fabio is not a normal man, he is not a normal person and he wants to get his belts back.
“Let’s also not forget that he had a tough fight with Frazer Clark, immediately retaliated and knocked him out after about a minute, so he will have the confidence to hurt Daniel.
“He’ll think, ‘I knocked him down twice, I hurt him on multiple occasions.’
“The most vital factor is the paycheck, the paycheck will be much bigger and it will go to the stadium. Why would you turn that down?”
With just 10 days since their first fight, it will likely be some time before an official announcement is made regarding the date or location of the pair’s rematch, although Warren has raised the possibility of a November clash as a stadium rematch now seems inevitable.
The post Frank Warren Opens Up About Daniel Dubois vs Fabio Wardley 2 Fight appeared first on ProBoxing-Fans.com.
You may like
UK Boxing
Tyson Fury’s incredible £5m gift to Venezuela days after controversial wedding
Published
5 hours agoon
May 19, 2026
Tyson Fury and his wife Paris presented daughter Venezuela and her up-to-date husband Noah with a stunning £5 million wedding gift after the couple’s wedding over the weekend. The newlyweds were also given a gypsy caravan, and their £30,000 honeymoon in Marbella was also organized by the boxing champion and his partner, whose combined fortune is estimated at £162 million.
The source said Sun: “Tyson and Paris gave Venezuela and Noah a wedding gift of £5 million to start their lives. Of course, they were over the moon. Some family members thought it was a lot of money for a teenage couple, so they had mixed feelings, but that’s up to Tyson and Paris. Tyson also paid for their honeymoon and bought them a classic gypsy wagon as a sentimental gift. Tyson has one in his backyard.”
“The wedding was magical and they spent £40,000 on the Venezuelan dress alone. It’s the gypsy way – go all out.”
Venezuela, 16, and boxer Noah Price were photographed at Manchester Airport after getting married on Saturday at a chapel near Douglas on the Isle of Man.
A reception was held at the Comis Hotel and Golf Club, with a surprise performance by singer Peter Andre.
Once they return from their honeymoon, the couple are expected to settle down in East Yorkshire and move into a brand up-to-date stagnant caravan.
After a few turbulent days, the couple shared a series of photos from their trip. However, the wedding day was not without incident as a man in his 20s was arrested after a fight at the party. He was then detained and given a warning.
In a statement to the Daily Mail, police said: “Isle of Man Police can confirm that officers were called to the Comis Hotel in Santon on the evening of Saturday 16 May 2026.
“The man was arrested and subsequently cautioned for a licensing offense. We are unable to provide further comment on the identity of the suspect or the circumstances of the arrest at this time.”
UK Boxing
Oleksandr Usyk vs Rico Verhoeven – everything you need to know
Published
9 hours agoon
May 19, 2026
On Saturday, Oleksandr Usyk will defend two of his world heavyweight titles against former kickboxing champion Rico Verhoeven at the Giza Pyramids in Egypt.
Usyk is putting his WBC and WBA titles on the line, although Verhoeven can only win the WBC title.
Usyk is well on his way to becoming one of the greatest heavyweights in history after winning the undisputed crown twice.
Ukrainian great who he knocked out Daniel Dubois last July he faces an unknown in Verhoeven, who is fighting for only the second time as a professional boxer and the first in almost 12 years.
The controversial dispute divided the authorities, and the WBC was the first to sanction it.
The WBA followed suit, but did not give the Dutchman a chance to win, while the IBF did not agree to Usyk defending the belt, although in case of defeat, the 39-year-old will be stripped of the belt.
Usyk vs Verhoeven – date, place, start time and ring walk
- The pair will fight on Saturday, May 23 live from the Giza Pyramids in Egypt
- Broadcast will start at 18:00 BST / 13:00 ET / 10:00 PT / 20:00 (local time)
- The main event will start around 22:45 BST / 17:45 ET / 14:45 PT / 12:45 (local time on Sunday)
Usyk vs. Verhoeven – how to watch
- The card can be viewed live worldwide on DAZN pay-per-view and DAZN Ultimate
Usyk vs Verhoeven – last three fights
Aleksander Usyk
- Oleksandr Usyk bt Daniel Dubois – KO in the 5th round
- Oleksandr Usyk bt Tyson Fury – unanimous decision
- Oleksandr Usyk bt Tyson Fury – split decision
Rico Verhoeven
- Rico Verhoeven bt Artem Vakhitov – unanimous decision (kickboxing competition)
- Rico Verhoeven vs. Sofian Laidouni – Unanimous decision (kickboxing competition)
- Rico Verhoeven bt Nabil Khachab – unanimous decision (kickboxing competition)
Usyk vs Verhoeven – Undercard
- Hamzah Sheeraz (22-0-1, 18 KO) vs. Alem Begic (29-0-1, 23 KO) – vacant WBO super middleweight world title (12 rounds)
- Jack Catterall (32-2, 14 KO) vs. Shakhram Giyasov (17-0, 10 KO) – regular WBA welterweight world title (12 rounds)
- Frank Sanchez (25-1, 18 KO) vs. Richard Torrez Jr (14-0, 12 KO) – heavyweight (12 rounds)
- Mizuki Hiruta (10-0, 2 KO) vs Mai Soliman (10-1, 6 KO) – WBO world title in super flyweight (10 rounds)
- Daniel Lapin (13-0, 5 KO) vs. Benjamin Mendes Tani (9-1, 2 KO) – WBA, WBO and IBF Intercontinental airy heavyweight titles
- Basem Mamdouh (10-2, 4 KO) vs. Jamar Talley (6-0, 5 KO) – cruiserweight
- Sultan Almohammed (3-0, 2 KO) vs Dedy Imprax (2-4, 1 KO) – lightweight
- Omar Hikal (0-0) vs. Ali Sserunkuma (2-3-1) – welterweight
- Mohamed Mabrouk Yehya (0-0) vs Michael Kalyalya (3-4-2, 1 KO) – welterweight
Usyk vs Verhoeven – what was said?
“I don’t feel pressure,” Usyk said during his first press conference.
“It’s just that [a] fight.
“It’s a boxing fight. I’ll prepare for this fight.
“Everything’s all right.”
– I don’t think so [Joshua and Dubois] he took his best shot at Usyk,” Verhoeven told reporters, including professional boxing fans.
“He wasn’t hit properly.
“He got hit in the fight against Fury [caught with] upper cut, it was swinging, it was wobbly.
“It can be done.”
Betting odds and what they tell us
Looking ahead to Saturday’s clash, bookmakers are backing Usyk to emerge unscathed, with Bet365 placing him as an 1/18 favorite, while a seismic shift for the challenger is priced at 8/1.
For the latest detailed odds breakdown and what they mean for your picks, check out our full version article about bookmaker odds here.
The post Oleksandr Usyk vs Rico Verhoeven – Everything you need to know appeared first on ProBoxing-Fans.com.
Johnny Nelson believes that Oleksandr Usyk will defeat Rico Verhoeven, but not in the way most people expect.
Usyk will defend his unified heavyweight world titles against Verhoeven on Saturday at the Giza Pyramids in Egypt, live on DAZN.
Many expect the undefeated Ukrainian champion to stop the former kickboxing champion, who is fighting for only the second time as a professional boxer and first in almost 12 years.
Usyk is rated at 2/9 by Bet365, giving him his 16th career knockout, but former cruiserweight world champion Nelson believes the Dutchman will go the distance.
“I don’t think it will be a downtime,” the 59-year-old said Boxing King’s Media.
“I think it will be a points win for Usyk.
“I think Rico will be in very good shape, very powerful.
“Compared to the technique, he is confined, but I think he will go the distance.

“He will grab and hold.
Unless the referee steps in and saves him, but it won’t be a beating.
Usyk is fighting for the first time since July, when he became a two-time undisputed heavyweight champion of the world by defeating Daniel Dubois in the fifth round.
The Ukrainian later vacated the WBO title with Fabio Wardley becoming champion before losing it in his first defense against Dubois earlier this month.
The WBC sanctioned the Usyk-Verhoeven fight, though WBA and IBF have determined their own position on the controversial clash.
The WBA federation agreed to the 37-year-old defending the belt, but the contender cannot win it and if Usyk loses, they will review the situation again.

A WBA statement read: “If Usyk emerges victorious, the fight will be officially recognized as a successful title defense. If the champion loses, the WBA Championship Committee will review his status and determine the next course of action for the heavyweight championship.”
“As for Verhoeven, a victory would not earn him WBA title recognition, although it would allow him to enter the organization’s heavyweight rankings.”
As for the IBF, their belt is not in danger, but if Usyk loses, he will be stripped of his title.
The post Usyk vs Verhoeven: Johnny Nelson predicts shock appeared first on ProBoxing-Fans.com.
Kelvin Davis responds to criticism after fight with Peter Dobson
Frank Warren opens up about Daniel Dubois vs. Fabio Wardley 2 fight
Keyshawn Davis MISSES WEIGHT vs Nahir Albright • WEIGH-IN
Trending
-
Opinions & Features1 year agoPacquiao vs marquez competition: History of violence
-
MMA1 year agoDmitry Menshikov statement in the February fight
-
Results1 year agoStephen Fulton Jr. becomes world champion in two weight by means of a decision
-
Results1 year agoKeyshawn Davis Ko’s Berinchyk, when Xander Zayas moves to 21-0
-
Video1 year agoFrank Warren on Derek Chisora vs Otto Wallin – ‘I THOUGHT OTTO WOULD GIVE DEREK PROBLEMS!’
-
Analysis1 year agoRobert Garcia discusses the debate on the greatest Mexican warrior in history
-
Video1 year ago‘DEREK CHISORA RETIRE TONIGHT!’ – Anthony Yarde PLEADS for retirement after WALLIN
-
Results1 year agoLive: Catterall vs Barboza results and results card




