Promoter Oscar de la Hoya predicts an early night for Ryan Garcia in his battle with Rolando Romero next Friday, May 2, in a 12-round duel on Dazn PPV.
(Loan: Michael Owens/Matchroom)
Expected early night
De la Hoya believes that the year-round release will support Garcia (24-1, 20 KO) in his fight and sees how he destroys the free WBA master Airy of the Romero inquiry (16-2, 13 KO) in four rounds. Rolly is left open with its aggressive combat style and will not last long, doing it against Kingry.
Oscar does not exclude the winning rolly due to its impact power. However, I doubt that he intends to upset because Kingry is too swift, qualified and powerful for him.
Rolly fights
– Manuel Jaimes – Isaac Cruz – WHO 8 losses – Ismael Barroso – Gervont Davis – who 6 losses
In addition, Rolly lost two of the last four fights and even fought in the winnings. He was fine when he was feasting at the lower level opposition, but since he organized warriors in the world three years ago, he is dressed.
De la Hoya perceives this fight as an approaching 26 -year -old Garcia, closer to taking over the throne from Canelo Alvarez as stars No. 1 in the United States, who could be right.
The impressive victory of Ryan nad Romero, Devin Haney and potentially Jaron “Boots” Ennis could jump next to Canelo as the best star in America. Alvarez no longer takes risks and in most of them fights nowadays less opposition.
“He is ready to take this throne and be another guy. I really feel it,” said Oscar de la Hoya Fight Hub tv About Ryan Garcia, believing that she is ready to become another great star in North America. “I see him as a more powerful. I see him stronger and determined to make a statement [on May 2nd].
“I think the power will make a difference here [against Rolly Romero]and speed. Pop in his hands is amazing. It will be a fun four -way fight. It will be a high pace, and they can both hit, “said De la Hoya, anticipating early knockout for Ryan.” I think that the blows that will fly in this ring will be on a tiny night. “
Rematch in October
Devin Haney He fights for the Ryan pad against Jose Ramirez. If it wins, a rematch with Garcia will take place in October. This is a match that many people want to see because of the fight in April last year. Although Garcia won the 12-year version, the results were annulled by the Recent York Sports Committee due to his positive test for forbidden Ostarina Ped.
Devin received a tidy board with his album and made sure that he reminded the fans of Ryan’s positive test. The rematch will allow two to prove who is really the best.
While he may be one of the best fighters in kickboxing history, Verhoeven has only fought as a professional boxer once, and in April 2014 he defeated Janos Finfera.
Usyk, on the other hand, is one of the greatest heavyweights of recent times, having defeated Tyson Fury, Anthony Joshua and Daniel Dubois twice each to establish himself as one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world.
Another man who knows what it’s like to be viewed as one of the best fighters on a pound-for-pound basis is Canelo, who will have a ringside seat on Saturday to witness Usyk’s fight with Verhoeven.
I’m talking to DAZNthe Mexican star revealed that he expected an basic night for the Ukrainian.
“Usyk will definitely win. Knockout, maybe four or five rounds.”
Canelo then explained why he is such a huge fan of Usyk.
“I love Usyk. I think he’s one of the best. He’s a good guy and I always have a good time when I have the opportunity to see him. I don’t go to many events, but when I see him, it’s a really nice time. I admire him. He’s very disciplined and I’m glad to meet him.”
Usyk’s expected victory could lead to fights with the likes of Agit Kabayel and Moses Itauma next, while Canelo is expected to return to action in September when he fights Christian Mbilli for the WBC super middleweight title.
Dmitry Bivol’s delicate heavyweight schedule is improving again, and the WBO’s latest move could delay both the trilogy with Artur Beterbiev and the fight that David Benavidez has publicly pushed for since his victory over Gilberto Ramirez.
The WBO confirmed this week that unified delicate heavyweight champion Dmitry Bivol will be ordered to defend against interim titleholder Callum Smith after his May 30 fight against Michael Eifert in Russia. If the sanctioning body doesn’t change its stance, it will leave little room for the fight that Benavidez has been targeting since Bivol vacated the WBC belt earlier this year.
Bivol has not fought since defeating Artur Beterbiev in a rematch for the undisputed delicate heavyweight title in February 2025. He was later stripped of the WBC title after opting for a trilogy fight with Beterbiev rather than face mandatory challenger David Benavidez.
A back injury then delayed Bivol’s return and created more movement around his remaining titles. Now the WBO appears ready to move his must-see to the front of the queue.
Hello, Sir. The WBO will force a mandate on Smith in the case of Bivol after Eifert. Regards.
— Gustavo Olivieri, Esq. (@OlivieriLaw) May 21, 2026
Timing is tricky for Benavidez, who has made no secret of his desire to fight Bivol after moving between delicate heavyweight and cruiserweight. A mandatory defense against Smith would also postpone the long-discussed trilogy with 41-year-old Beterbiev, whose window for a third fight is getting smaller with time.
Smith was originally scheduled to face David Morrell in April, with the winner expected to move into position to fight Bivol later this year. Smith withdrew due to injury, and Morrell instead fought Zak Chelli on May 9. In one of the biggest upsets of the year, Chelli stopped Morrell in the 10th round.
Olivieri also stated that if Bivol refuses to fight Smith, the WBO will instruct Smith to fight “the next highest-ranked contender” for the vacant title.
Bivol’s schedule was already full after losing the WBC belt. If the WBO moves forward, he could soon be forced to choose between retaining another title or finally resolving his unfinished business with Beterbiev.
Dan Ambrose is a boxing journalist at Boxing News 24, respected for his direct analysis and extensive coverage of the global fighting landscape. His reports focus on the most significant fights, division development and the most discussed stories in sports.
Terence Crawford shared his truthful thoughts on Canelo Alvarez’s fight with Christian Mbilli and wanted to see his former opponent come to his senses after their clash.
Despite moving up two weight classes, “Bud” seemed content with the size difference compared to Canelo, who was ultimately vacated from his four super middleweight world titles.
However, in his next fight, Alvarez will be looking to reclaim one of the belts against Mbilla, who was elevated from “interim” to full WBC champion following Crawford’s retirement.
The Frenchman defended his “interim” title thanks to Canelo-Crawford’s indigent card, following a 10-round draw with undefeated rival Lester Martinez.
Known for his thunderous style, Mbilli is a solid opponent for Alvarez, who will face the 31-year-old on September 12 in Riyad, Saudi Arabia.
Given his achievements, the 35-year-old could have easily retired after the loss to Crawford, which meant time for an illustrious professional career that began in 2005.
But Crawford said DAZN Boxing that he understands the Mexican’s desire to get at least one more victory before finally calling it quits.
“I think it will be a great fight. Mbilli is putting a lot of pressure on himself. Canelo – we’ll see what form he comes in.
“Canelo is an all-time great fighter and I can’t wait to see him return to form [from the Crawford defeat].
“Knowing Canelo, he doesn’t want to end his career with a defeat. So I see Canelo wants to come back and prove his worth.”
A victory over Mbilli will certainly open further doors for Alvarez, who may even look to unify the 168-pound division by once again facing the winner of the Hamzah Sheeraz vs. Al Begic fight on next Saturday’s Oleksandr Usyk vs. Rico Verhoeven fight card.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it.