Connect with us

MMA

Former UFC stars Darren Till, Yoel Romero set for BKFC 94 clash

Published

on

Former UFC stars Darren Till, Yoel Romero set for BKFC 94 clash
Former
Ultimate Fighting Championship fighters Darren Till
and Yoel
Romero are set to collide in bare-knuckle boxing.

Till (18-5-1) and Romero (17-7) are set to meet in a light
heavyweight matchup at BKFC 94 on Sept. 26 in Manchester,
England.

Darren Till and Yoel Romero will meet in a light heavyweight
bare-knuckle bout on Sept. 26 in Manchester

Till parted ways with the UFC in 2022 on a three-fight slump,
promising to return to the promotion someday. “The Gorilla†then
won three boxing bouts under the Misfits banner, even winning the
title against Luke
Rockhold last year. The Brit then parted ways with Misfits
earlier this year to sign with BKFC, where he knocked out Aaron
Chalmers in his debut this past May.

Meanwhile, Romero has competed in various boxing, bare-knuckle
boxing and wrestling promotions since retiring from MMA in 2024.
“Soldier of God†earned a knockout win in his BKFC debut last year,
but dropped a decision at IBA Bare Knuckle this past March. The
49-year-old has since rebounded with a knockout win at Gamebred
Bareknuckle MMA in May.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

MMA

Neil Magny closes in on Jim Miller’s all-time UFC wins record

Published

on

Neil Magny closes in on Jim Miller’s all-time UFC wins record
Neil
Magny believes he can close the gap on Jim Miller
for the most wins in
Ultimate Fighting Championship history.

Magny (32-14) scored a second-round stoppage win over Ramiz
Brahimaj at UFC
330. The win saw him surpass Max
Holloway and tie Charles
Oliveira for the second-most wins in UFC history (25). Magny is
now only behind Miller (28). “The Haitian Sensation†believes he
will eventually tie or break Miller’s record.

Neil Magny moves within three wins of Jim Miller after UFC
330

Magny has fought the who's who of the UFC welterweight division
since making his debut in the promotion in 2013. The 39-year-old is
the unofficial gatekeeper to the top tier of the division, having
shared the cage with all current 170-pound championship contenders
and derailed several hype trains previously. Still going strong, he
sees himself eventually becoming the all-time leader for Octagon
wins.

“I think Father Time is working in my favor to catch up to Jim,â€
Magny said at the post-fight press conference. “From durability and
timing, I think I can catch that record eventually.â€

Top-ranked contenders Shavkat
Rakhmonov, Ian Garry,
Michael
Morales, Carlos
Prates, and most recently, Yaroslav
Amosov are among those who bested Magny, all of whom are in and
around the title mix. Meanwhile, he's upset several surging
contenders during their ascents, including Mike Malott,
Jake
Matthews and Daniel
Rodriguez.

Continue Reading

MMA

Lucas Fernando nearly quit MMA before breakthrough UFC 330 victory

Published

on

Lucas Fernando nearly quit MMA before breakthrough UFC 330 victory
Lucas
Fernando likely wouldn't have debuted in the
Ultimate Fighting Championship if not for his wife.

Fernando (14-3) made his promotional debut against Rafael
Tobias at UFC
330. He put on a striking clinic before dropping Tobias with a
knee to the body and finishing him with vicious follow-up shots in
the third round.

Lucas Fernando rebounded from DWCS and LFA losses to earn his
UFC opportunity

Fernando called his wife during the post-fight press conference and
said he couldn't wait to return to her in Brazil after being in the
U.S. for a month. He also credited his wife for talking him out of
quitting mixed martial arts after his loss on
Dana White's Contender Series in 2023. While Fernando was
skeptical about fully committing to the sport after his defeat, his
wife convinced him to pursue his dream of a UFC career.

“My wife, I miss her a lot,†Fernando said at the post-fight
presser. “I've been in the United States for a month training, so I
can't wait to go home… After the loss in Contender, I called her up
and said, ‘You know, maybe this is not for me. I should look for
something else. Or maybe shouldn't dedicate to this 100%. She said
no. She believed in me, she supported me, she supported this dream
of mine to be in the UFC.â€

Fernando suffered a decision loss against Cesar
Almeida at DWCS in 2023, which was followed by another defeat
in the
Legacy Fighting Alliance. He then rebounded with four
consecutive wins that saw him win and defend the LFA light
heavyweight title twice to earn another shot at the UFC.

Continue Reading

MMA

Charles Johnson’s wild UFC 330 submission was no fluke: ‘Once or twice a week’

Published

on

Charles Johnson’s wild UFC 330 submission was no fluke: ‘Once or twice a week’
Charles
Johnson claims he's proficient in the Scottish twister.

Johnson (20-9) was originally scheduled to fight Jose Ochoa
in an
Ultimate Fighting Championship flyweight tilt. However, Ochoa
withdrew after the tragic death of his
Chute Boxe teammate, Allan
Nascimento.

Dana White's Contender Series graduate Eduardo
Henrique stepped up on three days' notice to replace Ochoa
against Johnson, who earned a bonus for a sensational and rare
submission.

Charles Johnson routinely practices the Scottish twister that
finished Eduardo Henrique

While Henrique was efficient on the feet, Johnson wore him out with
a well-rounded approach. As Henrique was trying to reverse a
takedown, “InnerG†caught him in a Scottish twister to force the
tap in the third round. Johnson's Scottish twister was the second
ever in UFC history, following Murtazali
Magomedov's win over Melsik
Baghdasaryan this past June.

Johnson claims he regularly trains the move in practice and
successfully lands it at least once a week. The flyweight veteran
also revealed that he learned the move from former Bellator
MMA bantamweight champion Patrick
“Patchy†Mix.

“I hit that at least once or twice a week on people in practice, so
it's just about getting there,†Johnson said at the post-fight
press conference. “Patchy Mix actually showed me that move, so I'm
going to give him his flowers, man. He showed it to me about a year
and a half ago.â€

Johnson has struggled for consistency in his last six outings, but
has remained active, already recording four fights this year.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending