Connect with us

Boxing

Evergreen Callum Smith awarded with newly discovered satisfaction in victory

Published

on

Callum Smith pleases the restoration of massive lithe to the top of the victory over Joshua Batsi.

At the age of 34 and being surprised that he was weaker against Batsi, who lost only to the saul “Canelo” Alvarez and Artur Beterbav and did not see how Batsi fights at the highest level, revived his career in a potentially defining fight by gaining a unanimous decision on the place of Riyad in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia on Saturday evening.

Smith received the results of 119-110, 116-112 and 115-113 at the end of the entertainment and competitive competition, in which he was stern enough to have to go to the hospital immediately after recording one of his most impressive victories.

By winning the slightly recognized fleeting title of WBO from his previously undefeated, 31-year-old opponent, he also put himself on the course to fight Beterbaiev again, and even Dmitry Bivol-Russian will fight for the third time later in 2025-and he showed that he showed that he showed that The lucrative competition with David Benavidez is another most attractive that can be performed.

His victory took place just over six months after the potential competition between Batsi and Anthony Yarde was presented as capable of establishing a leading British massive weight. It also happened just over a year after its only defeat throughout Beterbaview, which so much contributed to the suggestion that he had collapsed.

“I had two losses,” said IFL TV. “Two people who beat me put me on the back foot. People do not realize that I am a very, very good warrior inside – I am very, very good up close and I knew that in this kind of fight I could get to the top. I thought [Buatsi would] Try to suffocate me; get closer; Put off your work inside. But I knew I would beat him in this kind of fight.

“I beat him on a range, but up close, buddy [McGirt, my trainer] He told me to stay inside and shortened my shots. It probably made a better fight to watch, but I’m glad I showed it. People forgot about it with the two fights that I lost.

“For weighing [one of Buatsi’s team] He shouted over his shoulder: “He is damaged goods”, which in my opinion is a bit disrespectful. I get that you have to raise your man, but a few weeks ago a youthful warrior lost her life. Shouting such things is a bit disrespectful. He comes to the locker room to watch me pull my hands, and commented on some comments, which I thought was a disrespect. But I bit my lip, and then I said, “Never talk to me like this,” and he said, “I have to say a little.” Apparently I’m not [damaged goods]. Not yet.”

Since his defeat of Alvarez in 2020, Smith’s career and perception of his skills have also been undermined by his relative inaction, and the cut he experienced may still prevent him from returning to the ring to the ring, as he could expect.

“When they looked at the cut, they said that it was also indented inside – I probably need plastic surgery – but they had to sew both inside and outside,” he said. “I had to go there [to the hospital]Check it out, scan the bones there – it’s all right. All sewn.

“The plan has been boarded all week, do work, win, win, do a pizza and sit down and enjoy an amazing program [Smith and Buatsi had fought on the undercard of Beterbiev-Bivol II]. It didn’t go to the set – I had to go straight to the hospital – and I had to take me off when I went to the hospital. But I am cheerful with the result – I think I have proved that many people are wrong and I am cheerful.

“I thought about it [119-110 scorecard] It was very wide – it was a bit strict for Josh Batsi. When it was announced that I know I would win because there was no way he would win so wide. I don’t think I won so widely, but the other two results cards-there were eight four, seven five years. I always felt that I was ahead of us, but he was competitive and there were times when I felt like I was starting to rotate the screw, and then back and came back. It was one of them fights. But from the first round I felt that I was always ahead of us. It was a challenging fight – I made a few shots. He made several shots. I didn’t realize how good the fight was. It was just a challenging fight. “

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Boxing

Zab Judahs Final Prediction on Rolly Romero vs Teofimo Lopez: The Impact of KOing Sparring Partners

Published

on

Zab Judah's Final Prediction on Rolly Romero vs Teofimo Lopez: The Impact of KOing Sparring Partners

Zab Judah has made a bold prediction ahead of tonight’s world title battle between Rolly Romero and Teofimo Lopez.

Romero defends his WBA welterweight title against Lopez at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas this evening, competing for the first time since his unanimous decision victory over Ryan Garcia in May 2025.

Lopez is attempting to become a three-division world champion after previously holding world honours at lightweight and super-lightweight, but his reign at 140lbs came to an end in January when he lost his WBO crown to Shakur Stevenson.

One man who knows what it is like to be world champion at both 140lbs and 147lbs is Judah, who notably became undisputed at welterweight back in 2005.

Speaking to MillCity BoxingJudah revealed that he is backing Romero to claim the upset victory tonight and successfully defend his belt against Lopez.

“In the past when we’ve seen Rolly in preparation for a fight, he was always on the internet saying crazy s**t, doing crazy things, this time we don’t see any of that. He’s locked in, he’s training, and I predict that Rolly Romero is going to beat Teofimo Lopez.

“From what I’ve been hearing about him in training, he’s been doing good and knocking people out.”

The winner of tonight’s bout has already been linked to a unification fight against the victor of the upcoming WBC welterweight title fight between Ryan Garcia and Conor Benn, while there are also possible match-ups with WBO champion Devin Haney or IBF champion Liam Paro.

Continue Reading

Boxing

George Liddard vs Dario Morello Live Results and Updates: Stay Informed on the Action

Published

on

George Liddard vs Dario Morello Live Results and Updates: Stay Informed on the Action

LIVE COVERAGE

World Boxing News provides live results and updates from George Liddard’s European middleweight title clash with Dario Morello at the Copper Box Arena in London.

The undefeated Liddard faces the biggest test of his career against experienced Italian Morello, with the vacant European middleweight championship on the line.

Three other vacant titles will be decided on the card as Jimmy Sains, Emmanuel Buttigieg and Tiah Mai Ayton attempt to take the next step in their careers.

Live Scorecard –George Liddard vs. Dario Morello


Live Results

Times are local BST

19:45

Tiah Mai Ayton won the vacant Commonwealth featherweight title in a solid display against Ellie Hellewell. The Hellewell corner called off the fight after six completed rounds as Ayton made it seven straight wins as a pro and pushed towards world honors.

18:52

Connor Mitchell gets four useful rounds under his belt with a 39-37 points victory over Caine Singh.

Singh made him work for it, but the all-action Mitchell did enough to get his hand raised.

18:16

Louie Ward moved to 3-0 with a dominant performance, stopping Jon Martinez in the third round.

Ward was in control throughout before forcing the finish to secure another impressive victory.

17:42

Ioan Croft dropped Tomas Reynoso early on before seeing out a sixth round victory. The referee waved the fight off with just over a minute left of the round.

17:10

Harley Burrows opened the show with a first round stoppage of Carlos Ronner. Burrows pinned Ronner on the ropes and waded in until the referee halted the contest.


TV Coverage and Remaining Bouts

United Kingdom: DAZN

  • George Liddard vs. Dario Morello – Vacant European Middleweight Title (12)
  • Jimmy Sains vs. Tom Cowling – Vacant Commonwealth Middleweight Title (12)
  • Emmanuel Buttigieg vs. P A Gordon – Vacant English Middleweight Title (10)

Matchroom Boxing

Preview

Liddard enters his first European title fight with a perfect 14-0 record as the 24-year-old attempts to continue his rapid rise through the middleweight division.

Morello brings considerably more experience at 26-1 and arrives in London undefeated since 2019.

The event takes place at the Copper Box Arena in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, with Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom Boxing promoting the card.


About the Author

Phil Jay is the Editor-in-Chief of World Boxing News (WBN), a BWAA-acknowledged boxing news website founded in 2010. A veteran boxing reporter with 16 years of experience, he has interviewed world champions, broken international exclusives, and reported ringside from major events. His work is published worldwide through WBN and distributed on platforms including Apple News.

Read Phil Jay’s full bio and latest stories.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Antonio Tarver Predicts Rolly Romero vs Teofimo Lopez Winner: He Has the Attributes to Beat Him

Published

on

Antonio Tarver Predicts Rolly Romero vs Teofimo Lopez Winner: "He Has the Attributes to Beat Him"

Former undisputed champion Antonio Tarver has considered the keys to victory, while also offering a prediction, for both Teofimo Lopez and Rolando ‘Rolly’ Romero.

The pair will collide at Las Vegas’ T-Mobile Arena in the early hours of tomorrow morning, with Romero making a first defence of his WBA world title.

He was upgraded to full welterweight champion last year, having claimed the ‘regular’ belt by dropping and unanimously outpointing Ryan Garcia in May 2025.

After that, Rolly had been in talks with Devin Haney and Conor Benn, only to incur over a year of inactivity and agree to face Lopez instead.

Entering their showdown as a slight favourite, ‘The Takeover’ has moved up to 147lbs and is bidding to become a three-weight world champion.

Unlike Romero, though, Lopez is coming off a surprisingly one-sided points defeat to Shakur Stevensonwho dethroned him for the WBO super-lightweight title in January.

It is therefore difficult to predict which version of the 29-year-old will turn up, yet Hall of Famer Tarver has nonetheless told Fight Hub TV that he is backing Lopez.

“[it will be] high volume if Teo looks to win this thing impressively. He’s going to have to let his hands go, and Rolly’s going to have to try and catch him in the mix of all that.

“I don’t think Rolly can outbox Teo round after round; I think Rolly has to do something big – hurt him with something, knock him down and maybe even stop him.

“Smart money [is on Lopez]. It’s difficult to have your way with [Romero]; you have to be somewhat of a real, elite fighter. We still believe Teo, at his best, has those types of attributes.”

Many would agree that a points decision is Lopez’ clearest route to victory, while Romero may need to make use of his power and engineer an inside-the-distance finish.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending