Connect with us

Boxing

Ennis vs. Stanionis: Will the “shoes” prove to be noise or failure and smoke?

Published

on

Image: Ennis vs. Stanionis: Will 'Boots' Prove the Hype or Crash and Burn?

Promoter Eddie Hearn predicts that on April 12, the struggle of unification between Jaron Masters Jaron “Boots” Ennis and Eimantas Stanionis will be “the biggest fight in the USA this year”, when the headline at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, Up-to-date Jersey.

Hearn says that this fight will show whether Ennis (33-0, 29 KO) is “real great” or not. Unfortunately, Ennis looked great in his last defense of the title against Karen Chukhadzhian on November 9 at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia. Some believe that the shoes showed his real colors and that he was never as good as noise.

Stanionis: Test

After Jaron worked for a 12-round decision, boxing fans began to jump over, abandoning the Ennis ship and perceiving him as a lost case.

It was not the first time Ennis looked marginal, because in his first fight he turned in bad performances against David Avanesian, Roiman Villa and Chukhadzhian.

Although Ennis talked about a good game, he did not look like the same warrior who had been organized with a higher class of fighters since he was. His boxing IQ is gone. We saw Karen so loudly and clearly when Karen taught him in November last year. The promoter of Matchroom, Hearn, may have remorse the buyer, regretting pouring the signing of Ennis.

If the shoes look bad against Stanionis on April 12, it will be engaging to check whether Hearn will keep him on board or give it up like a bad habit.

“This is the biggest fight in the USA this year. It is supremacja. #1 against No. 2. WBA, IBF and Ring Magazine,” said Eddie Hearn to Stamping At around April 9, the fight between the IBF Errol Spence welterweight master and WBA champion Eimantas Stanionis in Atlantic City, Up-to-date Jersey.

“This is the best struggle in the welterweight and stylistically division, it is such a brilliant fight. Stanionis is a beast- the whole action, a bunch of action and a really good technique.” Shoes “are really against it. Despite all the noise and everything, this is a fight in which “shoes” show that it is a real great, and I can’t wait. “

Hearn is wearing his promoter’s hat when he claims that Ennis vs. Stanionis is “the biggest fight in the USA this year” because apparently not. There is an excellent card on May 2 at the Times Square, which has several fights that will attract greater interest in fans than this.

“Hall Boardwalk, I think we will have 10,000 there. It will be absolutely amazing,” said Hearn. “This is the biggest fight in the USA this year and the best fight in the USA this year. Yes, April 12 at Hall Boardwalk.”

In Boardwalk Hall there will be a nice crowd for the ennis-Stanionis party. Shoes and Stanonis will have to keep a fun program to make fans elated. Hearn hopes that the shoes are making a number on Eimantas so that he can start setting another unification fight with the WBO WBO BRIAN Norman Jr. Or more likely that WBC Master Mario Barrios.

It seems to me that Hearn will save Norman Jr. Finally, because he is the most tough of the other two masters he would have to defeat. The longer Ennis is waiting, the better for him, because Norman Jr. He can be picked up by someone, which would save him a problem with fighting him.

“It’s a unique collection of two lanes. WBA and a ring magazine,” said Boots to Matchroom boxing about his fight with Stanionis.

“It’s a good fight. Stanionis is one of the best. I think he is one of the best in this weight,” said Derek “Bozi” ENNIS. “This is where you will see shoes at a different level. They have not seen a high level yet. I think that the shoes have fallen into the habit of exclusion.

Last updated 31.03.2025

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Boxing

Fenech says Tszyu would still be champion today

Published

on

Image: Jeff Fenech Says Tim Tszyu Would Still Be Champion

“He would still be world champion to this day,” Fenech said The boxing scene.

“You have to know the rules before you fight. These guys didn’t even know they could stop the fight. I love Tim. I talked to him afterwards and he was elated to be heroic. Just surviving the cut was heroic.”

“But Tim has been through this before. He knows what we have to do. He now has someone in his corner he can trust.”

Tszyu’s career took a turn in the wrong direction after a bloody 12-round split decision loss to Fundora in March 2024. He later suffered a third-round knockout loss to Bakhram Murtazaliev and then opted out of a rematch with Fundora before opting to rebuild his team around Fenech ahead of his July 26 fight with Errol Spence Jr..

The Australian star admitted he had strayed too far from the pressing style that made him one of the most risky attacking players in the sport.

“Stylistically, I started getting into the Cuban style, the rhythmic style,” Tszyu said. “For this fight, I wanted to change my approach. Even though I tried to do things differently, I feel that my style is best suited to applying pressure, with punches, trying to drown my opponent.

“Who better to learn from than Jeff Fenech?”

Fenech made it clear that Tszyu was returning to his aggressive style after back-to-back losses that tarnished his standing at 154 pounds.

“What you say is 100 percent right: Tim Tszyu will be there, but he will be in the right position,” Fenech said.

“So when he throws a combo, we’ll throw another one. We won’t give him the opportunity to hit us.”

Tszyu was equally direct when it came to his attitude towards the Spence fight.

“Yes, that’s what’s on my mind: eliminate him,” Tszyu said. “You know, this is a different approach? We’re going to war.”

Continue Reading

Boxing

Rolly Romero named “super champion”, but within 180 days he must face the modern champion

Published

on

Rolly Romero elevated to ‘Super Champion’ but must face new champ within 180 days

Rolando Romero has been elevated to the title of super champion by the WBA, but he must fight in order to retain his title.

“Rolly” won the Regular title following a victory over Ryan Garcia in February 2025. His promotion to full champion came after Jaron Ennis was fired and a weight raise was made.

Romero, despite being linked to Devin Haney, Conor Benn and even Manny Pacquiao, has since been inactive. Today, WBA made the decision to further raise it to a higher level.

“The World Boxing Association (WBA) has officially named Rolando “Rolly” Romero as world super champion. As part of the ruling, the WBA also approved a fight for the vacant welterweight world title between top contender Shakhram Giyasov and No. 6 contender Jack Catterall. The fight will take place this Saturday, May 23, 2026, in the Giza Pyramids in Egypt.

“The decision was made by the WBA Championship Committee at the formal request of Romero’s team and after reviewing his career as a three-division WBA champion.”

Super champions are rewarded, according to the commission’s guidelines, “in exceptional circumstances and in the best interests of the sport.”

Despite orders and orders, the situation remains largely unchanged. Jack Catterall and Shakhram Giyasov already fought for the WBA Regular title this weekend, and given the sanctioning body’s goal of reducing the number of champions in each division to one, they would have to face Romero regardless of these modern nominations.

However, it has been confirmed that ‘Rolly’ must face the winner within 180 days.

“The sanctioning authority also determined that Romero must face the winner of the Giyasov vs. Catterall bout within a maximum of 180 days from the date of the fight.”

While “super champion” status has rarely been popular with fans, the ruling gives Catterall and Giyasov the chance to leave Egypt with a recognized world title.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Terence Crawford’s visit to Egypt keeps the return debate alive

Published

on

Image: Terence Crawford Says He’s Retired But Egypt Trip Keeps Talk Alive

Terence Crawford insists he has successfully retired, but his decision to fly to Egypt for Saturday’s Oleksandr Usyk-Rico Verhoeven fight continues to fuel doubts about whether the former four-division world champion is truly done with boxing.

Crawford appeared during the week’s pre-card fight at Pyramids and once again reiterated that he had “nothing to prove” when returning to the ring. Nevertheless, his presence at the season’s highlights in Riyad continues to fuel speculation about a return.


“I have nothing to prove. I have nothing to gain,” Crawford said when asked about returning to boxing in an interview with Ring Magazine.

“So you know, I’m happily retired.”

Crawford also explained why he thinks it’s crucial for fighters to step away from fighting while still able to compete at a high level.

“Don’t give them everything,” Crawford said. “Come out with something, you know, that way you’ll have it for something else later. I’m content with my decision.”

Despite these comments, Crawford’s continued visibility at Turki Alalshikh’s biggest boxing events keeps fans skeptical as to whether he is actually done. Crawford traveled to Egypt for the week of the Usyk-Verhoeven fight and spent time with Usyk during Thursday’s post-fight news conference.

Crawford praised Usyk and predicted that the unified heavyweight champion would ultimately defeat Verhoeven on Saturday night.

“I think Rico will be hard at first,” Crawford said. “But I think Usyk, with his experience, will solve it quite early.”

Crawford also deflected questions about a possible fight with Jaron “Boots” Ennis when the topic came up at the end of the interview.

“I don’t want to talk about it, man.” Crawford said.

Turki Alalshikh has repeatedly stated publicly that he wants Crawford to return for another major fight, although Crawford continues to insist that he remains retired.

Youtube video

Click here to sign up for our FREE newsletter

Related boxing news:

Categories Terence Crawford

Last updated: 21/05/2026 at 21:16

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending