Connect with us

UK Boxing

Doubts regarding the Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua match appeared after Dua Lipa’s decision

Published

on

The venue for the long-awaited fight has not been confirmed yet, although Wembley remains the leader. Meanwhile, Fury has instructed his team to arrange another warm-up fight before facing Joshua. The Gypsy King ended his 16-month absence earlier this month when he overtook Arslanbek Makhmudov at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium to score, before exchanging verbal volleys with Joshua at ringside.

The encounter fueled excitement ahead of a long-awaited domestic clash that has been years in the making, and this week Joshua signed a contract to finally face Fury.

Now another potential obstacle has emerged. Joshua was already scheduled to fight Albanian heavyweight Kristian Prenga on July 25 – a fight that Queensberry promoter Frank Warren warned could “kill” any fight with Fury in slow 2026 if an upset were to occur.

However, Warren confirmed that Fury also intends to return to the ring before the fight with Joshua, raising further doubts about the fight and increasing the risk of injury to either British heavyweight.

“I think he’ll probably want to do something in between, let’s see,” Warren said, adding: “AJ has his fight. I’m sure Tyson will fight in the meantime. That’s what he’s asking for and we’ll see where we go.”

Warren previously told the BBC: “If he loses to this guy, it’s over.” Pressed on Wembley as a potential venue, Warren added: “That’s where everyone would like to see the fight.

“It’s the national stadium and that’s where it belongs. We’ve had some great nights there in the past and it makes a lot of sense.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

UK Boxing

Tyson Fury suggests shock fight with football icon

Published

on

‼

Tyson Fury has suggested that there will be a shocking fight with Zlatan Ibrahimovic later this year.

Fury is a two-time world heavyweight champion and Ibrahimovic has never had a professional boxing fight.

He informed about it A place of stomping earlier that morning, both the “Gypsy King” and the retired soccer star met in Warsaw.

Goldstar’s James Ward shared multiple photos from the pair’s reunion, where you could imagine them dining together at restaurants with a enormous film crew in attendance, likely filming footage for the confirmed third installment of his hit Netflix series Fury’s House of Fury.

See this post on Instagram

Post shared by James Ward. (@jamesward_80)

Just hours after posting the photos, both Fury and Ibrahimovic shared a post on Instagram suggesting a fight between them.

The caption on their post read: “BREAKING NEWS! AUGUST 1 in Dublin, Ireland, @tysonfury @turki #makingboxinggreatagain.”

While many fans initially thought the post was a joke, Turki Alalshikha’s recent matchmaking means some fans are taking the possibility seriously.

See this post on Instagram

Post shared by Zlatan Ibrahimovic (@zlatan)

On Saturday, Alalshikh and The Ring Magazine host another shocking contest for the two-time undisputed heavyweight champion of the worldN Aleksander Usyk will face a kickboxing star Rico Verhoeven in front of the Giza pyramids.

Usyk is the main favorite, but Fury would probably be an even bigger favorite if the fight with Ibrahimovic comes to fruition.

On Saturday, Rico Verhoeven fights Oleksandr Usyk for the WBC heavyweight world title in Egypt. Photo: Mark Robinson Matchroom Boxing
On Saturday, Rico Verhoeven fights Oleksandr Usyk for the WBC heavyweight world title in Egypt. Photo: Mark Robinson Matchroom Boxing

The football star has previously hinted at a possible boxing crossover with Sun sport claiming to have spoken to Misfits Boxing in October 2024.

Misfits promoter Mams Taylor has spoken out about the possibility of Ibrahimovic fighting.

“I tried to convince Zlatan and he can fight. I’m good friends with his manager and the three of us talked on FaceTime.

Tyson Fury has hinted at a shocking crossover fight with Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Photo credit: Mark Robinson/Netflix
Tyson Fury has hinted at a shocking crossover fight with Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Photo credit: Mark Robinson/Netflix

“It was really nippy because he saw a lot of Misfits fights and followed them. He was a kickboxer and would have been good too.

“But yes, there are other names that are not as renowned as these guys, but they are still very respected and have achieved a lot that is of interest.

“And since it’s so realistic that these guys will fight, I won’t mention their names.”

‘The Gypsy King’ will face long-time rival Anthony Joshua at the end of the year after they have been on a collision course for over a decade, but Fury has stated he would like one more fight before facing ‘AJ’.

Tyson Fury says he will knock out Anthony Joshua Photo: Mark Robinson Matchroom Boxing
Tyson Fury says he will knock out Anthony Joshua. Photo: Mark Robinson Matchroom Boxing

Rumors began to circulate that Fury’s next fight would take place about a week or two after Joshua’s fight against Kristian Prenga on July 25.

In the absence of official confirmation of the event, the reality of this fight remains unknown, but Fury and Ibrahimovic clearly suggest that it will take place in Dublin.

The post Tyson Fury hints at shock fight with football icon appeared first on ProBoxing-Fans.com.

Continue Reading

UK Boxing

Dave Allen announces the next days of fighting after the defeat of Filip Hrgović

Published

on

Hrgovic made no mistakes against Dave Allen. Photo credit: Queensberry, Leigh Dawney

Dave Allen announced his next fight days just four days after losing to Filip Hrgovic.

Something for everyone stopped in the third round against Hrgovic on his homecoming at the Eco-Power Stadium in Doncaster on Saturday.

The popular Doncaster resident insisted his career was not over and has now revealed he will fight in Rotherham on June 20 in a four- or six-round fight.

“On June 20 at Rotherham Magna I will return to the ring,” the 34-year-old wrote on Twitter. Instagram.

I physically can’t sit and wait to get back in the ring after last week.

Hrgovic made no mistake against Dave Allen. Photo credit: Queensberry, Leigh Dawney

“Full transparency, it will be a journeyman opponent and there will be 4 or 6 rounds.

“Ticket prices are £50 and £85 in the ring, but those who came to the fight on the field last week or to my fights at Skate Central [a] a few years ago tickets will be half price and with a free drink as I will be putting money behind the bar for them so if you want to come message @teamwhiterhino.”

See this post on Instagram

Post shared by David Allen (@whiterhino_21)

“The White Rhino” suffered his ninth professional loss to Hrgovic, who is currently preparing for an August 8 clash with rising heavyweight prospect Moses Itauma.

Allen said that after the fight he still hopes to fight for the British heavyweight title, and the current champion is Richard Riakporhe.

“I just love boxing and want to enjoy it,” he added.

Allen isn't ready to retire yet. Photo: Queensberry, Leigh Dawney
Allen isn’t ready to retire yet. Photo: Queensberry, Leigh Dawney

“And while I imagine and understand that many people won’t bother traveling for me in smaller fights, I need to rebuild myself this way to get my head out of my ass and get to my ultimate goal.

“The Last Great Fight”.

Hrgovic, who defeated his third consecutive Briton after previous victories over David Adeleye and Joe Joyce respectively, is the second WBO title challenger behind Itauma.

Hrgovic could face Itauma next. Photo: Leigh Dawney/Queensberry
Hrgovic could face Itauma next. Photo: Leigh Dawney/Queensberry

The 33-year-old Croatian admitted that he would be open to a fight with the undefeated 21-year-old.

“[I’ll fight] Moses Itauma, whoever, I’ll talk to my team,” Hrgovic said.

“I don’t think there will be any cuts. I will sign the contract now.

“I’ll talk to my team first. I’ll fight anyone.”

The post Dave Allen announcing the next fighting days after Filip Hrgović’s defeat appeared first on ProBoxing-Fans.com.

Continue Reading

UK Boxing

The interior of the recent, luxurious home of Tyson Fury’s 16-year-old Venezuelan daughter after her wedding

Published

on

Tyson Fury’s daughter Venezuela, 16, gave fans a first look at her recent home with husband Noah Price, 19, just days after their wedding. The teenager posted a tour of the couple’s recent stagnant caravan on TikTok after tying the knot on Saturday, May 16, in an extravagant ceremony on the Isle of Man.

The eldest of Tyson and Paris Fury’s five children married amateur boxer Noah Price in the presence of family and friends. 18 bridesmaids attended the ceremony, including her cousin Bambi Fury (3) and her younger sisters Valencia (8) and Athena (4). The newlyweds’ residence is a significant departure from the family’s luxurious lifestyle featured in the Netflix series “House of Fury.” Venezuela and Noah got engaged last September on her 16th birthday.

Posting photos of her recent home online, which appears to be a luxury stagnant caravan, Venezuela wrote: “This is my first home ever and I’m very proud of my Noah.” One photo shows a carpeted lounge area with a gigantic TV and a fireplace, while the other shows a contemporary kitchen with stone countertops, an island and white cabinets with gold detailing.

The bathroom has a raised bathtub surrounded by marble-effect walls with gold trim, while the bedroom has built-in storage and pliable gray carpeting. Fans were quick to react, with many praising the mansion and the couple.

One wrote: “I love caravans and this one is the ultimate in luxury! Pretty. I wish you many content years together and I hope you enjoy your recent home.” Another said: “People really need to stop being negative. She’s 16, has a roof over her head and is radiant with happiness. I wish you both happiness in your recent home and congratulations.”

This comes after Tyson Fury himself speaks candidly about the couple’s wedding, delivering a characteristically straightforward and heartfelt speech. He said, “I had a hell of a time, sorry, French. Venezuela and Noah, I told you, you shouldn’t do it, right? But now you’ve done it, you’ve done it.”

He added: “I hope you will have 45 robust children and long life and happiness.” The heavyweight champion also shared a touching moment on the occasion, posting a clip of his daughter in a wedding dress with Beyonce’s Ave Maria.

He wrote, “Wow, when I first saw her in that dress it was an emotional moment for me! And I realized she was going to get married soon! @venezuelaprice1.”

Paris Fury also commented on her daughter’s age, calling Venezuela “very mature” for her age and emphasizing that she has always shown self-confidence and a sense of responsibility in the family.

“Venezuela is ridiculously youthful, even by gypsy standards, but Venezuela has always been a woman, always the oldest of all these children, and she has always been very confident,” she said.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending