Connect with us

UK Boxing

Devin Haney hits Teofimo Lopez after the fall of Fight: It’s a duck

Published

on

Lopez and Haney had been in talks for an August 16 showdown in Riyadh Photo Credit: Golden Boy / Cris Esqueda

Devin Haney slammed Teofimo Lopez after the proposed meeting was collapsed by the photo: Melina Pizano/Matchroom/Mikey Williams/Top Range
Devin Haney slammed Teofimo Lopez after the proposed meeting was collapsed by the photo: Melina Pizano/Matchroom/Mikey Williams/Top Range

Devin Haney called Teofimo Lopez a “duck” after the fall of the proposed fight.

Boxingscene He announced on Tuesday that Lopez and Haney signed a contract with the fight on August 16 in Saudi Arabia.

Although Lopez was holding a super delicate WBO title, apparently it was to take place in a 145 pound recipient.

However, later on Tuesday, Ring magazine [which is owned by Turki Alalshikh, who was preparing to bankroll the bout] The fight fell apart.

According to Haney, he signed a contract to face the 27-year-old, but claims that his rival refused to sign.

Lopez and Haney talked about Showdown from August 16 at the Riyadh Photo Credit: Golden Boy / Cris Esqueda
Lopez and Haney talked about Showdown from August 16 at the Riyadh Photo Credit: Golden Boy / Cris Esqueda

“I was looking forward to fighting Teo, for some time,” said the 26-year-old Ring.

“I thought it was the best time to make it happen.

“I did my role. We waited a few days until Teo signs his part of the contract, and he left and said that this is not the fight he wants to do.

“I am still ready to make the greatest and best fights.

Lopez beat Barboza on May 2 photo loan: Geoffrey Knott/Matchroom
Lopez beat Barboza on May 2 photo loan: Geoffrey Knott/Matchroom

“I am looking forward to working with his Excellency, Riyjad season and a ring on the best possible opponent.

“Teo is a duck. No promoter should work with Teo because he wasted time.”

Both men appeared on the same card on May 2 at Times Square, and Lopez defended his title with a unanimous victorious decision over Arnold Barboza Jr, and Haney defeated Jose Ramirez also in points.

Haney beat Ramirez on May 2 photo loan: Geoffrey Knott/Matchroom
Haney beat Ramirez on May 2 photo loan: Geoffrey Knott/Matchroom

Lopez looked at the start with a unified world champion in welterweight, Jaron Ennis But after a man from Philadelphia supposedly rejected the showdown with him, then the fight with Haney was discussed.

“The takeover” saw in warm water with Alalshikhem after a series of posts on X, in which he criticized the head of the boxing of Saudi Arabia.

The man from Brooklyn apologized for the explosion, writing on X: “To his Excellency @Turki_alalshikh, I take full responsibility for my inappropriate words about” x app “.

“I’m publicly sorry;

“Sending love and delicate to everyone.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

UK Boxing

Oleksandr Usyk vs Rico Verhoeven – weigh-in results

Published

on

The fury ruined the chances of defeating Klitschko in Dusseldorf (Martin Meissner, AP)

Oleksandr Usyk and Rico Verhoeven weighed in today before Saturday’s fight in front of the pyramids.

The post Oleksandr Usyk vs Rico Verhoeven – Weigh-in results appeared first on ProBoxing-Fans.com.

Continue Reading

UK Boxing

Who is Rico Verhoeven? Meet Oleksandr Usyk’s next opponent

Published

on

Oleksandr Usyk and Rico Verhoeven fight on the pyramids, photo: Mark Robinson/Matchroom Boxing

History will be made on Saturday when Oleksandr Usyk defends his status as the best heavyweight in the world against Rico Verhoeven.

The Usyk vs Verhoeven fight is the contender’s second professional boxing fight. Here’s everything you need to know about it.

Verhoeven is nicknamed the “King of Kickboxing” and his professional kickboxing record is 54-10 with 16 stoppages along the way.

He was born in the Netherlands and made his professional debut at the age of only 16.

The Dutchman is widely considered one of the best, if not the best, kickboxers of all time. In 2014, he became the GLORY heavyweight champion of the world.

Oleksandr Usyk and Rico Verhoeven fight on the pyramids, photo: Mark Robinson/Matchroom Boxing

The 37-year-old dominated and defended the title for over a decade.

He is respected in the kickboxing world for his elite cardio skills, technical skills and fighting IQ, and is known to many for his celebrated rivalry with Badr Hari, a man he stopped twice in three years.

Verhoeven is 6 feet 5 inches and has a reach of 200 cm compared to his opponent Usyk who is 6 feet 3 inches and has a reach of 198 cm.

Despite challenging a man who is considered by many to be boxing’s number one, this will be only Verhoeven’s second professional boxing fight.

The only time he stepped into the squared circle was in 2014, before he won either of his kickboxing titles.

In Germany, he faced Janos Finfera 0:5 and made no mistake, stopping his opponent in the second round.

On Saturday in Egypt, Oleksandr Usyk will defend his world heavyweight title in a fight against Rico Verhoeven. Photo: Mark Robinson Matchroom Boxing
On Saturday in Egypt, Oleksandr Usyk will defend his world heavyweight title in a fight against Rico Verhoeven. Photo: Mark Robinson Matchroom Boxing

His fight with the Ukrainian will take place in front of ul Pyramids of Gizathe first spectacle in this sport, which should prove to be a historic spectacle.

The event was organized by Turki Alalshikh and The Ring Magazine and will be broadcast live on DAZN pay-per-view.

For the past decade, Verhoeven has worked with a highly respected boxing coach Piotr Furywhich helped develop his boxing skills into his kickboxing career.

On Saturday, Rico Verhoeven fights Oleksandr Usyk for the WBC heavyweight world title in Egypt. Photo: Mark Robinson Matchroom Boxing
On Saturday, Rico Verhoeven fights Oleksandr Usyk for the WBC heavyweight world title in Egypt. Photo: Mark Robinson Matchroom Boxing

Verhoeven and Fury have both talked about how beneficial it has been to focus solely on boxing for the past six months; was originally set to face Anthony Joshua.

The entry Who is Rico Verhoeven? Meet Oleksandr Usyk’s next opponent appeared first on ProBoxing-Fans.com.

Continue Reading

UK Boxing

Tyson Fury suggests shock fight with football icon

Published

on

‼

Tyson Fury has suggested that there will be a shocking fight with Zlatan Ibrahimovic later this year.

Fury is a two-time world heavyweight champion and Ibrahimovic has never had a professional boxing fight.

He informed about it A place of stomping earlier that morning, both the “Gypsy King” and the retired soccer star met in Warsaw.

Goldstar’s James Ward shared multiple photos from the pair’s reunion, where you could imagine them dining together at restaurants with a enormous film crew in attendance, likely filming footage for the confirmed third installment of his hit Netflix series Fury’s House of Fury.

See this post on Instagram

Post shared by James Ward. (@jamesward_80)

Just hours after posting the photos, both Fury and Ibrahimovic shared a post on Instagram suggesting a fight between them.

The caption on their post read: “BREAKING NEWS! AUGUST 1 in Dublin, Ireland, @tysonfury @turki #makingboxinggreatagain.”

While many fans initially thought the post was a joke, Turki Alalshikha’s recent matchmaking means some fans are taking the possibility seriously.

See this post on Instagram

Post shared by Zlatan Ibrahimovic (@zlatan)

On Saturday, Alalshikh and The Ring Magazine host another shocking contest for the two-time undisputed heavyweight champion of the worldN Aleksander Usyk will face a kickboxing star Rico Verhoeven in front of the Giza pyramids.

Usyk is the main favorite, but Fury would probably be an even bigger favorite if the fight with Ibrahimovic comes to fruition.

On Saturday, Rico Verhoeven fights Oleksandr Usyk for the WBC heavyweight world title in Egypt. Photo: Mark Robinson Matchroom Boxing
On Saturday, Rico Verhoeven fights Oleksandr Usyk for the WBC heavyweight world title in Egypt. Photo: Mark Robinson Matchroom Boxing

The football star has previously hinted at a possible boxing crossover with Sun sport claiming to have spoken to Misfits Boxing in October 2024.

Misfits promoter Mams Taylor has spoken out about the possibility of Ibrahimovic fighting.

“I tried to convince Zlatan and he can fight. I’m good friends with his manager and the three of us talked on FaceTime.

Tyson Fury has hinted at a shocking crossover fight with Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Photo credit: Mark Robinson/Netflix
Tyson Fury has hinted at a shocking crossover fight with Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Photo credit: Mark Robinson/Netflix

“It was really nippy because he saw a lot of Misfits fights and followed them. He was a kickboxer and would have been good too.

“But yes, there are other names that are not as renowned as these guys, but they are still very respected and have achieved a lot that is of interest.

“And since it’s so realistic that these guys will fight, I won’t mention their names.”

‘The Gypsy King’ will face long-time rival Anthony Joshua at the end of the year after they have been on a collision course for over a decade, but Fury has stated he would like one more fight before facing ‘AJ’.

Tyson Fury says he will knock out Anthony Joshua Photo: Mark Robinson Matchroom Boxing
Tyson Fury says he will knock out Anthony Joshua. Photo: Mark Robinson Matchroom Boxing

Rumors began to circulate that Fury’s next fight would take place about a week or two after Joshua’s fight against Kristian Prenga on July 25.

In the absence of official confirmation of the event, the reality of this fight remains unknown, but Fury and Ibrahimovic clearly suggest that it will take place in Dublin.

The post Tyson Fury hints at shock fight with football icon appeared first on ProBoxing-Fans.com.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending