Connect with us

UK Boxing

Conor Benn calls Ryana Garcia after Chris Eubank Jr’s defeat

Published

on

Eubank and Benn dogged it out in a thriller (Photo Credit: Mark Robinson Matchroom Boxing)

Conor Benn called Ryan Garcia photo: Mark Robinson/Matchroom Boxing/Ryan Hafey/Premier Boxing Champions
Conor Benn called Ryan Garcia photo: Mark Robinson/Matchroom Boxing/Ryan Hafey/Premier Boxing Champions

Conor Benn opened the door to the duel with Ryan Garcia after a Saturday defeat with Chris Eubank Jr.

Benn will be on Friday in the Times in Fresh York to witness Garcia’s Clash with Rolando Romerowhich concerns the “ordinary” title of the world in welterweight.

The competition between the couple results from the fight at the Ring magazine awards in January.

Garcia was free of Benn after an exhilarating defeat with Eubank Jr at points at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium.

“To be sincere, there is really no losing in this fight!” Published X.

Eubank and Benn gushed him in a thriller (photo: Mark Robinson Matchroom Boxing)
Eubank and Benn gushed him in a thriller (photo: Mark Robinson Matchroom Boxing)

“High head Conor”.

Benn has a rematch clause with Eubank Jr, and Turks Alalshikh directed the return fight in September.

But the “destroyer”, who moved to the medium weight to face Eubank Jr, says that he will return to the welterweight to fight Garcia or with the WBC champion, Mario Barrios.

“If the rematch does not happen, I would like to fight Barrio for the title of WBC,” said the 28-year-old Ifltv.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RTC6GIGCS

“If this is not Eubank.

“But on the other hand, I’m going to Fresh York tomorrow to see Queen Ryan, so we’ll see.

“I believe that he runs a campaign at the age of 147.

Garcia will face Romero in Times Square on Friday photo Credit: Golden Boy/ Cris Esqueda
Garcia will face Romero in Times Square on Friday photo Credit: Golden Boy/ Cris Esqueda

“He has the title of WBA, provided that he wins this fight.

“There is no problem. I am surely fighting him for the title of WBA champion.

“There are options.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg8rjv9xim0

If Garcia won, he put himself a chance to shot in IBF and WBA “Super” Titlist, Jaron Ennis, with whom WBA received two duties.

A man from Philadelphia was given the order to defend the belt, which he had from Eimantas Stanionis at the beginning of this month against Shakhram Giyasov, and then the winner of the Friday match between Garcia and Romero.

Garcia is fighting for the first time since his controversial victory over Devin Haney in April last year, which later changed to the BRE competition after 26 years of positive testing to Ostarine.

California received an annual suspension by Fresh York State Athletic Commission, a ban that ended last week in time to fight against Romero.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

UK Boxing

Oleksandr Usyk vs Rico Verhoeven – weigh-in results

Published

on

The fury ruined the chances of defeating Klitschko in Dusseldorf (Martin Meissner, AP)

Oleksandr Usyk and Rico Verhoeven weighed in today before Saturday’s fight in front of the pyramids.

The post Oleksandr Usyk vs Rico Verhoeven – Weigh-in results appeared first on ProBoxing-Fans.com.

Continue Reading

UK Boxing

Who is Rico Verhoeven? Meet Oleksandr Usyk’s next opponent

Published

on

Oleksandr Usyk and Rico Verhoeven fight on the pyramids, photo: Mark Robinson/Matchroom Boxing

History will be made on Saturday when Oleksandr Usyk defends his status as the best heavyweight in the world against Rico Verhoeven.

The Usyk vs Verhoeven fight is the contender’s second professional boxing fight. Here’s everything you need to know about it.

Verhoeven is nicknamed the “King of Kickboxing” and his professional kickboxing record is 54-10 with 16 stoppages along the way.

He was born in the Netherlands and made his professional debut at the age of only 16.

The Dutchman is widely considered one of the best, if not the best, kickboxers of all time. In 2014, he became the GLORY heavyweight champion of the world.

Oleksandr Usyk and Rico Verhoeven fight on the pyramids, photo: Mark Robinson/Matchroom Boxing

The 37-year-old dominated and defended the title for over a decade.

He is respected in the kickboxing world for his elite cardio skills, technical skills and fighting IQ, and is known to many for his celebrated rivalry with Badr Hari, a man he stopped twice in three years.

Verhoeven is 6 feet 5 inches and has a reach of 200 cm compared to his opponent Usyk who is 6 feet 3 inches and has a reach of 198 cm.

Despite challenging a man who is considered by many to be boxing’s number one, this will be only Verhoeven’s second professional boxing fight.

The only time he stepped into the squared circle was in 2014, before he won either of his kickboxing titles.

In Germany, he faced Janos Finfera 0:5 and made no mistake, stopping his opponent in the second round.

On Saturday in Egypt, Oleksandr Usyk will defend his world heavyweight title in a fight against Rico Verhoeven. Photo: Mark Robinson Matchroom Boxing
On Saturday in Egypt, Oleksandr Usyk will defend his world heavyweight title in a fight against Rico Verhoeven. Photo: Mark Robinson Matchroom Boxing

His fight with the Ukrainian will take place in front of ul Pyramids of Gizathe first spectacle in this sport, which should prove to be a historic spectacle.

The event was organized by Turki Alalshikh and The Ring Magazine and will be broadcast live on DAZN pay-per-view.

For the past decade, Verhoeven has worked with a highly respected boxing coach Piotr Furywhich helped develop his boxing skills into his kickboxing career.

On Saturday, Rico Verhoeven fights Oleksandr Usyk for the WBC heavyweight world title in Egypt. Photo: Mark Robinson Matchroom Boxing
On Saturday, Rico Verhoeven fights Oleksandr Usyk for the WBC heavyweight world title in Egypt. Photo: Mark Robinson Matchroom Boxing

Verhoeven and Fury have both talked about how beneficial it has been to focus solely on boxing for the past six months; was originally set to face Anthony Joshua.

The entry Who is Rico Verhoeven? Meet Oleksandr Usyk’s next opponent appeared first on ProBoxing-Fans.com.

Continue Reading

UK Boxing

Tyson Fury suggests shock fight with football icon

Published

on

‼

Tyson Fury has suggested that there will be a shocking fight with Zlatan Ibrahimovic later this year.

Fury is a two-time world heavyweight champion and Ibrahimovic has never had a professional boxing fight.

He informed about it A place of stomping earlier that morning, both the “Gypsy King” and the retired soccer star met in Warsaw.

Goldstar’s James Ward shared multiple photos from the pair’s reunion, where you could imagine them dining together at restaurants with a enormous film crew in attendance, likely filming footage for the confirmed third installment of his hit Netflix series Fury’s House of Fury.

See this post on Instagram

Post shared by James Ward. (@jamesward_80)

Just hours after posting the photos, both Fury and Ibrahimovic shared a post on Instagram suggesting a fight between them.

The caption on their post read: “BREAKING NEWS! AUGUST 1 in Dublin, Ireland, @tysonfury @turki #makingboxinggreatagain.”

While many fans initially thought the post was a joke, Turki Alalshikha’s recent matchmaking means some fans are taking the possibility seriously.

See this post on Instagram

Post shared by Zlatan Ibrahimovic (@zlatan)

On Saturday, Alalshikh and The Ring Magazine host another shocking contest for the two-time undisputed heavyweight champion of the worldN Aleksander Usyk will face a kickboxing star Rico Verhoeven in front of the Giza pyramids.

Usyk is the main favorite, but Fury would probably be an even bigger favorite if the fight with Ibrahimovic comes to fruition.

On Saturday, Rico Verhoeven fights Oleksandr Usyk for the WBC heavyweight world title in Egypt. Photo: Mark Robinson Matchroom Boxing
On Saturday, Rico Verhoeven fights Oleksandr Usyk for the WBC heavyweight world title in Egypt. Photo: Mark Robinson Matchroom Boxing

The football star has previously hinted at a possible boxing crossover with Sun sport claiming to have spoken to Misfits Boxing in October 2024.

Misfits promoter Mams Taylor has spoken out about the possibility of Ibrahimovic fighting.

“I tried to convince Zlatan and he can fight. I’m good friends with his manager and the three of us talked on FaceTime.

Tyson Fury has hinted at a shocking crossover fight with Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Photo credit: Mark Robinson/Netflix
Tyson Fury has hinted at a shocking crossover fight with Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Photo credit: Mark Robinson/Netflix

“It was really nippy because he saw a lot of Misfits fights and followed them. He was a kickboxer and would have been good too.

“But yes, there are other names that are not as renowned as these guys, but they are still very respected and have achieved a lot that is of interest.

“And since it’s so realistic that these guys will fight, I won’t mention their names.”

‘The Gypsy King’ will face long-time rival Anthony Joshua at the end of the year after they have been on a collision course for over a decade, but Fury has stated he would like one more fight before facing ‘AJ’.

Tyson Fury says he will knock out Anthony Joshua Photo: Mark Robinson Matchroom Boxing
Tyson Fury says he will knock out Anthony Joshua. Photo: Mark Robinson Matchroom Boxing

Rumors began to circulate that Fury’s next fight would take place about a week or two after Joshua’s fight against Kristian Prenga on July 25.

In the absence of official confirmation of the event, the reality of this fight remains unknown, but Fury and Ibrahimovic clearly suggest that it will take place in Dublin.

The post Tyson Fury hints at shock fight with football icon appeared first on ProBoxing-Fans.com.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending