Connect with us

Boxing

Charlo’s great plans: Lamanna, Plant, then Canelo next year

Published

on

Image: Charlo's Big Plans: LaManna, Plant, Then Canelo Next Year

Jermall Charlo says that she wants to fight Canelo Alvarez next year, if everything goes smoothly with his fights, Thomas Lamanna and Caleb Plant. The former world champion with two Charlo divisions (33-0, 22 KO) returns from two-year release on Saturday, May 31, against Lamanna (39-5-1, 18 KO) at Michelob Ultra Arena in Las Vegas.

If everything goes well for Charlo, 35 years elderly, he will fight the plant in the summer, if he wins his melody on Saturday against the Resendiz in Armando in medium weight. Jermall says he wants “Earn a lot of money And lots of wealth ”in this latest return.

Charlo’s Lamanna, Plant Path

“I’m glad that I can put my undefeated album on the line and show the world why I’m one of the great ones,” said Jermall Charlo Fight Hub tv About his return this Saturday against Thomas Lamanna. “I just want the Caleb plant to fight the road. I don’t want to expect a fight with Canelo for too long. He earned so much money.”

Canelo can retire if Terenka Crawford defeats him on September 13 or after the second fight. It will not stay nearby to absorb further failures, which can happen against Terenka. It is unlikely that Charlo arises so far because he would have to defeat Caleb to be considered an opponent of a Mexican star.

“Terenka Crawford is still going to worry. It could be next year,” said Jermall, when asked about his charts. Then I really don’t know. I will fight one of these guys. A guy from Munguua who fought Canelo. I really don’t know these guys. I don’t know what will happen next. “

Fights that will be available to Charlo will depend on the result of his recurring clash with Lamann on Saturday and whether he wins his fight against Caleb Plant. If Jermall wins in these two competitions, he has a good chance of fighting Canelo.

Jermalla’s perspective and goals

“People with whom we can earn a lot of money and a lot of wealth. Just return to the ring and show that I’m the best in the world,” said Charlo. “I’m bigger now. I don’t think my body at this age is ready to fight and break up and come down to 154 and 160. My recent competitive weight is 168. I just fell in their weight class. Now I am part of their weight class.”

Jermall could earn a lot of money in 2023, when Canelo offered him a fight. Instead, he bowed and let his brother Jermell take him and he had not seen him since then. Charlo must take advantage of the situation along with the latest return and take the greatest fights he can when offered. He should fight Caleb Plant if they both win on Saturday.

“I want to be much more vigorous,” said Jermall, asked what he wants to achieve this year. “I’m like a vet now. This win is like a birthday for me.”

It is easier to say than to make Charlo to remain vigorous, because in the last four years he has been twice in the last four years. It is quite clear that it is not really motivated enough to remain vigorous and will probably continue to take long breaks after each fight. It is a pity, because he will be 37 years elderly if he takes another two -year break after Saturday’s fight. Until then it will probably be too delayed to fight Alvarez.

Last updated 27/27/2025

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Boxing

Mayweather Legal Case: $175 Million Fraud Suit, Child Support Order

Published

on

Floyd Mayweather Jr. he spent Friday on both sides of the dock. The retired, undefeated former champion filed a lawsuit accusing former associates of defrauding him of at least $175 million, the same day reports surfaced that a Nevada judge had ordered him to pay more than $1 million in child support. These developments include the $340 million lawsuit Mayweather filed against Showtime in February and a number of smaller claims against him over the past few months.

$175 million fraud case

According to court documents obtained by TMZ SportsMayweather maintains that Jona Rechnitz, a former close associate, spent years gaining his trust before becoming his de facto financial manager, real estate broker and banking broker. The complaint named Rechnitz, Ayala Frist, Frist Apex Ventures and attorney Alexander Seligson, accusing the group of orchestrating a multi-year scheme that allegedly depleted Mayweather’s accounts through fraudulent investments, unauthorized wire transfers and undisclosed business entities.

Among the claims, Mayweather alleges that approximately $100 million worth of jewelry was transferred to Miami jewelers in exchange for approximately $13 million, with most of it still held by dealers; that he committed $7.5 million to an investment that never came to fruition; and that $15 million related to the real estate settlement was transferred without his consent. The filing also alleges that he unknowingly signed documents transferring ownership of his Gulfstream jet, leaving the buyer’s section blank, and that he did not know where the proceeds went. The allegations have not been tested in court and the named parties have not publicly responded as of the filing date of the lawsuit.

Maintenance order

Separately, a Nevada judge found Mayweather, 49, to be the legal father of a 4-year-old girl, Price Moorehead, and ordered him to pay $32,850 a month in continuing support and $933,050 in back payments, he claims. documents reported by Complex and originally obtained by TMZ Sports. The paternity ruling was made in March 2026. The case began in 2023, when Paige Moorehead, who, according to the documents, worked at the Mayweather’s Girl Collection club in Las Vegas, filed a paternity petition. The court granted a default judgment after Mayweather failed to comply with an order to submit to DNA testing. Data cited in the report shows that about $151,000 has been paid toward the remaining amount, and a judge has granted a lien on California properties linked to Mayweather of up to $2 million to secure payment.

Showtime Suit

The novel filings are the culmination of a $340 million lawsuit Mayweather filed in February against Showtime Networks and former Showtime Sports president Stephen Espinoza in Los Angeles County Superior Court. That complaint alleges that Mayweather’s former manager and advisor, Al Haymon, orchestrated a long-running financial fraud scheme involving the network and Espinoza, citing four causes of action, including aiding and abetting breach of fiduciary duty and civil conspiracy to commit fraud. In the complaint, Haymon was described as the architect of the alleged scheme but was not named as a defendant. Espinoza said he was surprised by the lawsuit and defended his records, while a spokesman for Showtime’s parent company, Paramount, called the claims baseless. Details of this report were described in a previous report by Boxing Insider.

The bigger financial picture

The proceedings are ongoing alongside a number of separate claims against Mayweather. He faced a $7.3 million IRS tax lien, lawsuits from two Miami jewelers over unpaid bills, a dispute over more than $300,000 in unpaid rent for a Manhattan apartment and a claim for private jet services. Mayweather, who retired in 2017 with a 50-0 record, remains lively in the exhibition ring and has been linked with a rematch with Manny Pacquiao scheduled for September in Las Vegas.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Devin Haney reignites debate over Vasily Lomachenko’s decision

Published

on

Image: The Disputed Haney-Lomachenko Decision: Two Years Later, Still a Robbery in the Eyes of Boxing Fans

Three years later, Devin Haney is still defending the most disputed victory of his career, and after his latest post on X, fans immediately turned their attention back to the fight with Vasily Lomachenko.

Haney reacted after criticism of George Kambosos Jr.’s journey. to become undisputed in the lightweight division, reminding people that he defended his belts against Lomachenko after defeating Kambosos twice in Australia.


The response quickly reopened one of boxing’s longest-running arguments of the last few years. A huge portion of fans and media members still believe that Lomachenko deserved the decision for the May 2023 fight in Las Vegas, especially after the way he finished the second half of the fight.

Many observers scored the championship rounds for Lomachenko, with round ten remaining the biggest point of controversy. Referee Dave Moretti awarding this round to Haney was met with weighty criticism at the time, and is still regularly mentioned when the fight is discussed on the Internet.

Others defended Haney’s victory as a close but reasonable decision based on his early work, jabs, body shots and distance control. Haney also entered the fight with major physical advantages over Lomachenko, including youth, height and reach.

Haney was 24 when he fought Lomachenko, who was already 35 and further into his career. Haney also had a significant reach advantage and was viewed by many as the naturally bigger lightweight.

The fight continues to divide opinion across boxing, with some fans still calling it a robbery while others see it as a final decision that could reasonably have gone either way.

Click here to sign up for our FREE newsletter

Related boxing news:

Categories Devin Haney, Vasily Lomachenko

Last updated: 23/05/2026 at 8:32

Continue Reading

Boxing

‘I’m back and I want him’: Former heavyweight champion calls out Tyson Fury ahead of comeback

Published

on

“I’m back and I want him”: Former heavyweight champion calls out Tyson Fury ahead of comeback

Tyson Fury has been called up by the former heavyweight champion, who could derail the 37-year-old’s expected clash with Anthony Joshua later this year.

Both Britons will face each other in October or November, with Joshua first having to defeat Kristian Prenga on July 25 in Riyad, Saudi Arabia.

Meanwhile, Fury is planning another warm-up fight, likely in August, following his unanimous decision victory over Arslanbek Makhmudov last month.

Before defeating Makhmudov, the “Gypsy King” had not fought since 2024, when he suffered consecutive point losses to Oleksandr Usyk in May and December.

Fury appears to be looking to make up for lost time, wanting one more fight before he finally clashes with long-time rival Joshua.

Of the names mentioned, Andy Ruiz Jr was clearly the most promising to fight the two-time heavyweight champion.

Despite the fact that he has not fought since drawing with Jarrell Miller in August 2024The American, who injured his hand in that fight, is now preparing to end two years of inactivity and wants to fight Fury.

I’m talking to talkSPORTRuiz insisted that even if their showdown doesn’t happen in August, his goal will be to fight Fury within the next 12 months.

“That’s why I had to come here [to Egypt] and I will show my face so that they know that Andy is back, Andy has recovered and is in good shape.

“In the next 12 months or before I retire… I want Tyson Fury.”

Known for his huge upset victory over Joshua in 2019 to become unified world champion, Ruiz has fought largely sporadically since losing their rematch later this year.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending