Connect with us

MMA

Carlos Prates fires back at Michael Morales: Id knock you out

Published

on

Carlos Prates fires back at Michael Morales: 'I'd knock you out'
Carlos
Prates has clapped back at claims that he is scared of a fellow
170-pound contender.

The
Ultimate Fighting Championship welterweight responded to
Michael
Morales after the Ecuadorian allegedly suggested that Prates
was avoiding a fight with him. The Brazilian insists he has no
issue facing Morales but believes his position as the higher-ranked
contender warrants a title shot next.

Carlos Prates denies ducking Michael Morales and predicts a
first-round knockout

Shortly after Morales allegedly claimed that Prates was afraid to
fight him, “The Nightmare†responded in a video posted online.

“If the guy has two arms and two legs like me, bro, I can fight
him,†Prates said.

Prates then addressed Morales directly, making it clear that he
would welcome the matchup if the UFC offered it.

“You say I am scared to fight you. I am not scared of a fight with
you… I am the No. 1 contender, so I want to fight for the belt,â€
Prates said. “The UFC never offered me a fight against you. If they
offered me the fight, of course I would knock you out really fast,
in the first round.â€

Prates also made his preferred route clear: challenge Islam
Makhachev for the welterweight title first, then revisit the
Morales matchup. Notably, Makhachev has also welcomed the matchup
for his next title defense.

“But you will have to wait until I get my belt and then we can
fight,†Prates added.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

MMA

Arman Tsarukyan says controversy is ‘important’ for ‘boring’ fighters

Published

on

Arman Tsarukyan says controversy is ‘important’ for ‘boring’ fighters
Arman
Tsarukyan believes fighters without exciting fighting styles
need to somehow find a way to draw attention.

Tsarukyan recently emphasized the importance of building a profile
outside the
Ultimate Fighting Championship for fighters who are unable to
find regular finishes or have control-heavy styles.

Arman Tsarukyan discusses controversy, UFC promotion and
building a profile outside the cage

Tsarukyan, who returns to the Octagon on Sept. 19 against Mauricio
Ruffy in the UFC
331 co-main event, believes controversy can help fighters who
don’t naturally attract fans with their performances.

“If you're a boring fighter inside the cage, controversies are
important for you,†Tsarukyan said in an interview with Russian
YouTube channel Vpiska. “Because if you're not here, you're not
there; you get cut from the game fast. But if you're a great
fighter and you knock people out and show that, you don't even need
to talk English.â€

The Armenian lightweight has increased his visibility outside the
promotion through social media and appearances for Real American
Freestyle, as well as his public association with streamer Nina
Drama. Despite his growing profile, Tsarukyan doesn’t believe the
UFC has played a major role in turning him into a recognizable name
and says he'll reach a whole new level once he's the champ.

“No, [I'm not a UFC star] because people know me not from the UFC
pushing me,†Tsarukyan added. “They know me because of myself. UFC
hasn't really put the work in to make me a star yet. When they
start working on me and start promoting me, then I'll be a UFC
star… When I become a champion, the promotion will be on a whole
different level from the UFC themselves.â€

Continue Reading

MMA

Anthony Hernandez: Sean Strickland helped re-spark love for martial arts ahead of UFC Sacramento main event

Published

on

Anthony Hernandez: Sean Strickland helped re-spark love for martial arts ahead of UFC Sacramento main event

Anthony Hernandez went from getting stopped by Sean Strickland at UFC Houston earlier this year to training with him and his team ahead of his follow-up fight.

Hernandez returns to the octagon six months after the loss to the, now, two-time middleweight champion to face Gregory Rodrigues in the main event of UFC Sacramento. “Fluffy†was asked about what he took away from the Strickland fight, and was able to move on from it pretty quickly.

“Don't lose,†Hernandex told MMA Fighting. “No, I had to make some adjustments, I mean, but, yeah, shit happens. Train with better guys, sharpen some shit up, and then make sure that I'm not doing dumb shit. … But yeah, I'm good, man. It is what it is. I really don't give a f*ck to talk about that fight, man. I'm not going to lie. I'm sorry, but like I really don't give a f*ck about the past.

“I'm focused on Gregory Rodrigues right now, that's all I can think about.â€

From there, Hernandez spent most of his summer in Las Vegas, leaving Sacramento, training partners, and even his family behind to chase his ultimate goal. Getting to work with Strickland and the team at Xtreme Couture, along with getting to utilize the UFC Performance Institute as much as he did was a huge eye-opener and game changer for Hernandez.

“It was great, man,†Hernandez said. “It was a f*cking blast. … It kind of re-sparked that [love for] martial arts for me, and I mean, I've been doing this shit for a long time. And to be honest, I was kind of getting sick of Sacramento anyways. So going out there was f*cking exciting. It was new. It was fun.

“A lot of the guys I fought, and there's a lot of new guys there so it's just like a lot of hungry guys, and they'll take your head off if you f*cking let them. So for me it was like about jumping in the fire and f*cking having to sharpen all my tools with guys with multiple layers, you know what I mean? And it was a f*cking great outcome for me. I had a great camp. Being at the [UFC] P.I., it was fucking amazing having everyone there — from f*cking Charles and Hannah with the meal preps and like just overall it was, I just made everything about fighting and I f*cking left home all summer. My wife, thank God for her, and the grandparents because they've been f*cking holding it down for me while I'm able to chase this dream and go out there and take full advantage.â€

During the interview, Hernandez seemed different. More locked in than ever before.

After dozens and dozens of conversations over the years, they've all been quite similar — laid back, loose, laughing and smiling. This time, it was a much different demeanor. The smiles were fewer, the focus was at an all-time high.

“I don't really feel like I've changed, to be honest, but I don't know,†Hernandez said. “I've always been a hothead, so I don't know, maybe I'm just getting older and I'm sick of people's shit. I don't f*cking know, man. I really don't know, but I'll tell you what, I'm focused as f*ck. I've been working my f*cking ass off. I've been chasing this f*cking dream, I've done everything it takes. So now let's just go out there and have fun and fight, the rest will handle itself. We'll see where the world takes us after Saturday.â€

Hernandez is 8-1 in his past nine fights, including stoppages against the likes of Roman Dolidze, Roman Kopylov and Michel Pereira, while also picking up a big win over Brendan Allen along the way.

Rodrigues looks to get his first UFC main event victory. In his first octagon headliner, “Robocop†was stopped by Jared Cannonier at UFC Vegas 102 in February 2025. Since then, Rodrigues has gone 3-0, including a first-round knockout of Brunno Ferreira in their rematch at UFC 326 in March.

For Hernandez, this is more than just a fight against a guy he has a lot of respect for.

“I knew who he was and he like he called me out, so it's like, if you think you can take me out, perfect. Let's f*cking do it,†Hernandez explained. “I know he's dangerous. I'm not sleeping on him.

“I know he's a really cool guy. I've met him and talked to him for like an hour before, but at the end of the day, this guy's got to take care of his family and so do I. So let's f*cking get it, see who the most violent man can be.

Continue Reading

MMA

Gillian Robertson breaks silence on Din Thomas controversy

Published

on

Gillian Robertson breaks silence on Din Thomas controversy
Gillian
Robertson has addressed her recent defeat and comments from
longtime coach and mentor, Din
Thomas.

Robertson suffered a unanimous decision loss to
Ultimate Fighting Championship strawweight queen Mackenzie
Dern in her failed title bid at UFC
330 in Philadelphia.

Thomas later announced on the UFC 330 post-fight show that he's
stepping away from cornering fighters, saying he had taken
Robertson as far as he believes she can go. The timing of the
announcement subsequently drew criticism from both fans and
fighters. Robertson has now finally weighed in on the same.

Gillian Robertson says Din Thomas' comments made her question
his apology

Robertson, giving a statement to Ariel Helwani, says she had no
indication before the post-show broadcast that Thomas planned to
make the announcement.

“Prior to the broadcast, I didn't see any sign of what was to be
said,†Robertson said. “After the broadcast, he had said, ‘I will
address this in the morning,' followed by, ‘Going live on air in 15
minutes.'â€

Thomas later contacted her privately, but she has not responded to
his apology because of comments he made towards the rest of her
team.

“He did reach out to me privately at 5 p.m. and then sent a voice
message apologizing around 7:30 p.m., to which I have not responded
due to comments he has made since the broadcast privately to my
team that lead me to believe there is not much weight in the
apology.â€

She specifically cited the following comment from Thomas:

“Me doing that publicly was more so for TV purposes and
ratings.â€

The Canadian then discussed her future, adding that she'll soon
return to the gym and resume her quest for UFC gold.

“As for now, I regroup, take some time to heal, and I will be back
in the gym as soon as possible on the same mission,” Robertson
added.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending