Boxing
Cameron Cameron comforts Jake Paul for “saving women’s boxing”
Published
11 months agoon
Chantelle Cameron felt Jake Paul For saving the boxing of women and her own career.
Despite the fact that he is considered one of the world’s best boxers in the world as pounds and the only person who defeated Katie Taylor, Cameron considered retirement at the beginning of this year.
Cameron (20-1, 8 Kos), 34, with Northampton, looked like an invigorating future after she went to Ireland to defeat Taylor-probably the biggest star in women’s boxing-in the case of the unquestionable semi-edited title, winning the points May 2023.
Taylor multiplied the defeat to win the titles in November 2023, and Cameron felt her career in 2024, when she won two fights for the ephemeral WBC title.
Cameron even wondered if she should give up, but her career obtained that she needed when she signed a contract with the most valuable promotions (MVP), a promotional company of Paul’s social media star in May.
It was later announced that he would fight Jesska Camar (14-4-1, 3 KO) from Canada to Undercard of Taylor vs. Amanda Serrano III in Madison Square Garden on Saturday.
“I went through being the undisputed world champion of the Junior Valleries, fighting Katie Taylor in the fighting, and then fighting irrelevant,” said Cameron ESPN.
“Recognition for my opponents came to fight, but I didn’t like boxing. I had one fight with Queensberry promotions, and then I intended to pack it. But MVP and Queensberry had conversations and got me a contract. All the best women are now signed with MVP and there are several great fights.”
The Saudi Arabian Riyadh season has become the most powerful player in global boxing over the past two years, organizing the greatest fights with the most satisfying bags.
The victory of Skye Nicolson nad Raven Chapman was the first fight for the title of World World, which will take place in Saudi Arabia in November 2024, but besides, women’s boxers were absent in Saudi boxing cards.
According to Cameron, the boxer women felt no possibility, because some great events moved from Great Britain and the USA to Saudi places.
“Jake Paul and Nakisa Bidarian saved women’s boxing because it had a huge blow until they accelerated, and many women’s boxers agree with it,” said Cameron ESPN. “
It’s amazing what they have invested in the boxing of women who really became stagnation. Saudis were not interested in applying women’s boxing, as if they were a boxing of men. I went through stagnation myself because of him, and women’s boxing was threatened with a completely dropping radar.
“Last year was a bit of a year for me. I was looking at movements. Queensberry promotions were great for me, and they wanted and tried to fight for me, but they were simply not to do.
Cameron is now trained by Stephen Smith, who twice challenged the world junior title in 2016, and is expected to overcome Camara, will be the most likely opponent of Taylor at a later period of 2025.
“I’m going to train with Stephen Smith is the best decision I made in my boxing career and it’s a pity I didn’t do it before,” said Cameron ESPN.
“Paul, Liam and Callum are also around the gym in Liverpool, so I get four brothers for the price of one.
“I want to win the title of 140 pounds by the end of the year, and then achieve to 147 pounds. I have an unfinished matter at the age of 140. If I win this fight, I will fight for the title of WBC in the next WBC title, regardless of whether it is against Katie Taylor or not.”
You may like
Boxing
Tyson vs. Mayweather exhibition postponed to fall 2026 due to hand injury
Published
32 minutes agoon
May 24, 2026
According to a statement issued Wednesday by BZA PR on behalf of the promotion, the planned exhibition of Mike Tyson and Floyd Mayweather has been postponed to the fall of 2026 after Tyson suffered a broken arm during training.
The release stated that Tyson, who was photographed in a cast, is recovering and intends to continue fighting once he heals. He described the delay as a brief postponement and said the date, location and broadcast plans for FIGHT SPORTS would be announced soon. According to information, the exhibition was last scheduled for May 30 under agreements with CSI Sports and FIGHT SPORTS.
The fight between the two former champions was first announced in September 2024, and was originally planned for spring 2026. In the following months, the fight took place on several proposed dates and locations without a confirmed broadcaster. The planned date for April 25 in the Democratic Republic of the Congo did not materialize. Veteran reporter Dan Rafael wrote in March that the fight “definitely won’t happen on that date,” citing a source familiar with the plans.
Tyson’s advisor, Amer Abdallah, said Boxing news in April that the contract remained valid and that he believed the fight would continue. Tyson himself admitted that he injured his hand earlier this year.
Tyson (59) last competed in November 2024, when he returned to the professional ring and lost by decision to Jake Paul. Mayweather, who retired with a professional record of 50-0, has not fought professionally since stopping Conor McGregor in 2017, although he still competes in exhibition fights. Mayweather has separately confirmed a June 27 fight against Greek kickboxer Mike Zambidis in Athens and is linked to a September rematch with Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas.
CSI Sports, founded by Richard and Craig Miele in 1997, owns the rights to a catalog of championship boxing events and operates the FIGHT SPORTS network. The company said it would debut the up-to-date technology in 2026, without providing further details.
Boxing
Break in the match Usyk demands WBC intervention after the bell against Verhoeven
Published
3 hours agoon
May 24, 2026
So the question is: what options does injured player Rico Verhoeven have to appeal against the referee’s decision? Under the rules of the World Boxing Council (WBC), the sanctioning body for boxing, the Council has the power to correct sedate injustices suffered by aggrieved fighters during major world title fights. Moreover, there is precedent in this case. In 2022, the WBC officially awarded the super featherweight world championship belt to Jeff Fenech, 30 years after his controversial 1991 defeat to Azumah Nelson.
Of course, it would be foolish to suggest that Verhoeven should wait 30 years to make amends and win the world heavyweight title. It can therefore be argued that the WBC Board of Governors should now call a Special Meeting to discuss the Usyk vs. Verhoeven world title fight due to the confusion the result has caused among commentators, fans and even fighters. Everyone is united that this fight was stopped too early.
It is worth noting that current WBC welterweight world champion Ryan Garcia, who was at ringside, claims that the fight was stopped after the end of the 11th round. Others wrote the same on YouTube, with one irate fan even suggesting that the Usyk vs. Verhoeven fight was rigged.
There is a belief, rightly or wrongly, that it would be unacceptable for a professional kickboxer with only one professional fight as a heavyweight boxer to defeat a reigning world heavyweight boxing champion with significantly more heavyweight boxing experience. In tiny, boxing would be seen as a joke in the eyes of many if Verhoeven was allowed to beat Usyk.
But facts are facts. After round 10, the three judges’ scorecards were 95-95, 95-95 and 96-94 in favor of Rico Verhoeven. Round 11 does not count because it was not completed properly and the referee wrongly stopped the fight after the bell.
Politics is present in every workplace. It would be a pity if politics also appeared in professional boxing. To counter this impression, the WBC must do the right thing. A No Contest verdict for this fight will not be enough as it will leave Oleksandr Usyk as the WBC champion. Something more radical needs to be done.
The WBC needs to convince the outside world that anyone can become heavyweight champion of the world if given the opportunity. The WBC sanctioned this boxing fight.
Verhoeven won on points. At the end of the 11th round, Verhoeven was still in doubt. The fight was unfairly stopped. The conclusion is therefore straightforward and will mark a progressive step in professional boxing.
Rico Verhoeven is the modern world heavyweight boxing champion. But it would have sounded better if Michael Buffer had been allowed to make this announcement.
Romer Cherubiny
Independent journalist
Great Britain
Boxing
Vasily Lomachenko will get an immediate chance to win the world title in his comeback fight
Published
5 hours agoon
May 24, 2026
Vasily Lomachenko can win the world title outright, but only if he decides to fight at 130 pounds.
Either way, the 38-year-old is expected to return to action later this year after his contract with Top Rank expired earlier this month.
As a promotional free agent, “Loma” is expected to fight for the first time since May 2024, when he earned an 11th-round victory over George Kambosos Jr.
Lomachenko thus won the IBF lightweight title after previously being a three-division world champion, with his last 10 professional appearances coming at 135 pounds.
While many expect him to return to lightweight, perhaps in pursuit of a showdown with Gervonta Davis, the Ukrainian could potentially be tempted by a chance at 130 pounds.
In other words, he will get an immediate shot at the world title against unified champion Emanuel Navarrete, who is falling from a dominant position Final in the 11th round against Eduardo “Sugar” Nunez.
This, in turn, led to the unification of the WBO and IBF titles, although it is unclear what options the Mexican is considering for his next fight.
However, one of them may be a fight with Lomachenko, and WBO president Gustavo Olivieri will share his thoughts on this matter via social media.
“Lomachenko is back and if he wants to fight at 130 pounds with Navarrete, I’m sure the WBO Executive Committee [will approve their fight].
“In delicate of his professional merits – [two-time] Olympic [gold] medalist, multi-division champion, WBO super champion, future Hall of Famer – I’m sure the acceptance will be unanimous.”
WBO President Gustavo Olivieri reiterated that should Team Loma formally pursue a head-to-head fight against Emanuel “Vaquero” Navarrete, the matter would be seriously considered by the Executive Committee, given Lomachenko’s legacy as a three-division WBO world champion and one of… pic.twitter.com/ZJy3qTcU3P
— WBO (@WorldBoxingOrg) May 21, 2026
While a fight with Lomachenko could make sense for both sides, super featherweight contender Charly Suarez will be demanding a mandatory shot against Navarrete if he makes his next fight against Manuel Avila on July 11.
Tyson vs. Mayweather exhibition postponed to fall 2026 due to hand injury
Break in the match Usyk demands WBC intervention after the bell against Verhoeven
Vasily Lomachenko will get an immediate chance to win the world title in his comeback fight
Pacquiao vs marquez competition: History of violence
Dmitry Menshikov statement in the February fight
Stephen Fulton Jr. becomes world champion in two weight by means of a decision
Fabio Wardley vs. Daniel Dubois • FULL WEIGH IN & FACE OFF | DAZN Boxing
“STOPPED AFTER THE BELL! WE WILL APPEAL” Rico Verhoeven FUMES Over Controversial Oleksandr Usyk KO
“I HAD TO F***ING GO FOR IT!” – Daniel Dubois on being KNOCKED DOWN by Wardley
Trending
-
Opinions & Features1 year agoPacquiao vs marquez competition: History of violence
-
MMA1 year agoDmitry Menshikov statement in the February fight
-
Results1 year agoStephen Fulton Jr. becomes world champion in two weight by means of a decision
-
Results1 year agoKeyshawn Davis Ko’s Berinchyk, when Xander Zayas moves to 21-0
-
Video1 year agoFrank Warren on Derek Chisora vs Otto Wallin – ‘I THOUGHT OTTO WOULD GIVE DEREK PROBLEMS!’
-
Analysis1 year agoRobert Garcia discusses the debate on the greatest Mexican warrior in history
-
Video1 year ago‘DEREK CHISORA RETIRE TONIGHT!’ – Anthony Yarde PLEADS for retirement after WALLIN
-
Results1 year agoLive: Catterall vs Barboza results and results card



