Connect with us

Boxing

Caleb Plant Eyes Jermall Charlo Bout after disappointing the loss of Armando Resndiz

Published

on

Image: Caleb Plant Eyes Jermall Charlo Bout After Disappointing Loss to Armando Resendiz

Caleb Plant says he will fight Jermall Charlo if he is offered to him after his defeat with Armando Resndiz (16-2, 11 KO) on Saturday evening in Las Vegas. Plant (23-3, 14 KO) states that it has a rematch with Resendiz.

The Plant record has now 2-3 in the last five fights, and fans say it is “washed”. It’s difficult to disagree. When the warrior loses three of the previous five fights, it is obvious that they are on the hill. The only two victories of the plants came against the most significant contender for his career Trevor McCumbby and 39-year-old Anthony Dirrell.

Ambivalent attitude of the plant rematch

Says, “I am more than willing to ruin” with him. The way Caleb said that it sounded less than convincing, saying that he was not excited about the idea of ​​fighting Resendiz, 26 years elderly, again after losing a 12-round decision with him divided by the Michelob Ultra Arena in Las Vegas.

When the warrior is motivated to multiply his failure, they do not say how he did: “I am more than willing.” He will formulate it as if he had been fighting again, fighting him again. This suggests that the plant does not want to fight it again and calls for Jermalla Charlo.

Plant lost its short-lived WBA title Super Middle Libra, which was a trifle that hoped that he obtained a rematch from Canelo Alvarez as part of his narrative “Revenge”.

Results

116-112: Resendiz
115-113: plant
116-112: Resendiz

The plant blames the wounded hand

After the fight, Plant claimed that he had competed with the wounded right hand. It sounded as if he used it as an excuse for his loss, which fans on social media considered pathetic.

Plant says he thinks he deserved victory. He states that after six rounds he had 5-1, which is the opposite of how fans saw it. Restendiz dominated the first half of the fight, winning a better plant in rounds 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. The only round caleb was the winning one, and this is because the RESSENDIZ did not throw many blows.

“I would go to the fight immediatelyBut we have a rematch clause. I am more than willing to escape, “said Caleb Plant in Press conference after the fight On Saturday evening after his defeat, sounding ambivalent about who he wants to fight, between his winner, Armando Resendiz or Jermall Charlo.

It seems that the plant has already decided that it wants to fight Jermall, not a rematch with Resendiz. Charlo (34-0, 23 KO) performed his part on Saturday evening, winning the technical knockout of Thomas Lamanna (39-6-1, 18 KO).

“Yes, absolutely,” said the plant asked if he would be willing to enter Jermall Charlo’s fight if he was offered. I am regrouping with my team and see what will happen next. I am not easily discouraged. “

If you are PBC, you can’t be too excited about the idea of ​​fighting between the plant and Jermall after what happened tonight. This is not the perfect time to now set up a fight between the plant and Charlo.

“I feel like I put a stab on it, using the whole ring and switch tips, I work on stabbing up and bottom and using a feint. I didn’t operate my right hand as much as I wanted. It was a bit disturbingPlant said.

When the warriors begin to blame their hand for the loss, fans automatically suspect that they cooked the excuse and do not want to take responsibility for having their loss. If Caleb wants fans to believe in his hand excuse, he will need a doctor’s note and some X -rays.

Plant fights applicable

I feel that I won the first five out of six, ”Plant said, sounding an illusion. “I felt that I could pull two along the way. This is 7-5. I feel that I did enough to win Fight 7-5, but the judges did not see it in this way. Sometimes this way is crumbled with a cookie.”

It didn’t look like a plant win. I had it 9-3 for RESENDIZ. It could be even more one -sided.

Last updated 06/01/2025

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Boxing

Frank Sanchez knocks out Richard Torrez Jr in two rounds

Published

on

Image: Frank Sanchez Knocks Out Richard Torrez Jr In Two Rounds

Heavyweight fighters only need one spotless counter to end the fight. Sanchez waited for his shot and didn’t miss.

Sanchez controlled the distance early with his jab, which forced Torrez to get to the offense instead of moving in behind balanced combinations. He moved forward, tried to quickly close the distance and tried to force an exchange of words. Sanchez never looked rushed. He stayed behind the jab, kept his feet under him and gave Torrez different looks as he boxed from distance.

The opening round moved at a steady pace. Torrez was the busier player coming forward to attack, but Sanchez looked at ease, taking petite steps back and setting up counters. He read the entries.

It ended up being the second one.

Torrez came back into action, looking to attack, and Sanchez fired a right hand straight into the hole. The shot landed on target and dropped Torrez tough to the canvas. He tried to rally and defeat the count, but his legs gave the answer before he could.

Torrez’s pressing style keeps him upright when he comes in aggressively, and Sanchez timed the opening perfectly.

The referee stepped in immediately.

Sanchez entered the fight needing a statement after a knockout loss to Agit Kabayel stalled his progress. He returned earlier this year against lower-level opponents, but the question remained where he stood among the better heavyweights.

The victory brings Sanchez closer to another title shot. Torrez suffers the first defeat of his professional career after facing a heavyweight who remained disciplined and fired before the fight could fully develop.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Canelo responds to David Benavidez by offering him a featherlight heavyweight title fight

Published

on

Canelo responds to David Benavidez offering him title fight at light heavyweight

Canelo Alvarez has commented on David Benavidez’s recent call for a clash between the two teams.

Canelo and Benavidez have been linked to a fight for many years, dating back to when they both competed at super middleweight.

While Canelo remains one of the key fighters at 168 pounds, Benavidez has since moved up the rankings, becoming the WBC featherlight heavyweight champion for the first time claiming he defeated Gilberto Ramirez earlier this month win the WBA and WBO cruiserweight titles.

Following this victory, Benavidez was linked to fights with the likes of Dmitry Bivol and Jai Opetaia, but he once again made it clear that he would offer Canelo a chance to win the WBC 175-pound belt.

Canelo has now responded by revealing in a media interview with Boxing News that he’s not surprised that Benavidez challenged him again, but he doubts that “The Mexican Monster” will still be able to make the featherlight heavyweight limit after moving up to cruiserweight.

“Every boxer in any category challenges me. It’s nothing modern for me. He did well in the fight [against Ramirez]. I’m not surprised [he called me out]but I don’t think he can get to 175 pounds anymore. It’s not my problem.

Canelo has already competed at 175 pounds twice, but for now a move to featherlight heavyweight seems unlikely given his current world title shot against WBC super middleweight champion Christian Mbilli in Riyad, Saudi Arabia on September 12.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Mayweather Legal Case: $175 Million Fraud Suit, Child Support Order

Published

on

Floyd Mayweather Jr. he spent Friday on both sides of the dock. The retired, undefeated former champion filed a lawsuit accusing former associates of defrauding him of at least $175 million, the same day reports surfaced that a Nevada judge had ordered him to pay more than $1 million in child support. These developments include the $340 million lawsuit Mayweather filed against Showtime in February and a number of smaller claims against him over the past few months.

$175 million fraud case

According to court documents obtained by TMZ SportsMayweather maintains that Jona Rechnitz, a former close associate, spent years gaining his trust before becoming his de facto financial manager, real estate broker and banking broker. The complaint named Rechnitz, Ayala Frist, Frist Apex Ventures and attorney Alexander Seligson, accusing the group of orchestrating a multi-year scheme that allegedly depleted Mayweather’s accounts through fraudulent investments, unauthorized wire transfers and undisclosed business entities.

Among the claims, Mayweather alleges that approximately $100 million worth of jewelry was transferred to Miami jewelers in exchange for approximately $13 million, with most of it still held by dealers; that he committed $7.5 million to an investment that never came to fruition; and that $15 million related to the real estate settlement was transferred without his consent. The filing also alleges that he unknowingly signed documents transferring ownership of his Gulfstream jet, leaving the buyer’s section blank, and that he did not know where the proceeds went. The allegations have not been tested in court and the named parties have not publicly responded as of the filing date of the lawsuit.

Maintenance order

Separately, a Nevada judge found Mayweather, 49, to be the legal father of a 4-year-old girl, Price Moorehead, and ordered him to pay $32,850 a month in continuing support and $933,050 in back payments, he claims. documents reported by Complex and originally obtained by TMZ Sports. The paternity ruling was made in March 2026. The case began in 2023, when Paige Moorehead, who, according to the documents, worked at the Mayweather’s Girl Collection club in Las Vegas, filed a paternity petition. The court granted a default judgment after Mayweather failed to comply with an order to submit to DNA testing. Data cited in the report shows that about $151,000 has been paid toward the remaining amount, and a judge has granted a lien on California properties linked to Mayweather of up to $2 million to secure payment.

Showtime Suit

The novel filings are the culmination of a $340 million lawsuit Mayweather filed in February against Showtime Networks and former Showtime Sports president Stephen Espinoza in Los Angeles County Superior Court. That complaint alleges that Mayweather’s former manager and advisor, Al Haymon, orchestrated a long-running financial fraud scheme involving the network and Espinoza, citing four causes of action, including aiding and abetting breach of fiduciary duty and civil conspiracy to commit fraud. In the complaint, Haymon was described as the architect of the alleged scheme but was not named as a defendant. Espinoza said he was surprised by the lawsuit and defended his records, while a spokesman for Showtime’s parent company, Paramount, called the claims baseless. Details of this report were described in a previous report by Boxing Insider.

The bigger financial picture

The proceedings are ongoing alongside a number of separate claims against Mayweather. He faced a $7.3 million IRS tax lien, lawsuits from two Miami jewelers over unpaid bills, a dispute over more than $300,000 in unpaid rent for a Manhattan apartment and a claim for private jet services. Mayweather, who retired in 2017 with a 50-0 record, remains lively in the exhibition ring and has been linked with a rematch with Manny Pacquiao scheduled for September in Las Vegas.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending