Boxing
Caleb Plant: Canelo is not the same; I will defeat him in a rematch; Crawford is unique
Published
1 year agoon
Caleb Plant believes that the undisputed master of super medium weight, Canelo Alvarez, is not the same warrior who was four years ago, when he knocked him out in the 11th round in 2021 Plant Jermals.
Alvarez’s fight from Terenka Crawford in September can become sour. He must win this fight to keep his career. The last three Canelo fights have shown signs of slipping, fighting with William Scull, Edgar Berlang and Jaime Munguia.
The plant sees its chance
The Performance Canelo salesman turned against Master IBF Scull last Saturday in Riyadh was particularly disturbing. Canelo threw only 152 stamps in a 12-round fight, landing 56 for 36.8% of the connection indicator. Throwing these few blows in the whole fight showed that Alvarez is starting to lose him.
The plant has its own problems, which it must worry about its fight with the Resendiz (15-2, 11 KO) this month at Michelob Ultra Arena in Las Vegas. The 26 -year -old Restndiz is juvenile and can hit. Perhaps he would be able to take advantage of the age and ring clothing of the plant, because he was hurt and dropped in his last fight by Trevor McCumby in September last year.
“I don’t think it’s the same Canelo. Not quite, but I thought it would be so – said Caleb plant to media Asked if Canelo Alvarez saw William Scull last Saturday, he was the same who fought him in 2021. The question is whether Alvarez has fallen physically in the last four years.
The plant is polite, saying “not quite”, and you are wondering if it was careful with its wording so that Canelo would not upset. It is not a good idea for the wrong side of Alvarez, because he tends to ignore fighters who destroy him behind his back.
“I heard him say in an interview:” I don’t like fighting guys who move so much. ” William Scull is a Cuban warrior, I knew he was going to do it – said Plant. “I was curious how Canelo would deal with it. He cut off the ring well, but I felt that this guy did not really want any part.”
Canelo did not take his role to make it easier to fight Scull, attacking aggressively and throwing. Scull was opposed by Scull, which took many of his aggressiveness.
“It does not state that he does not appeal fight, but he still has a fight in September,” Planty said about Canelo’s clash with Crawford. “So we’ll see. I believe yes,” said Caleb, asked if Canelo is getting aged, makes him have a better chance of defeating him now. “As soon as we fight, the next day I thought:” If we fight again, I intend to defeat him, “Plant said about his fight with Canelo in 2021.
The way the plant looked like in this fight, there were no corrections that he could make to defeat Canelo in a rematch. His only chance to overcome Canelo is that if he developed some Superman’s impact force, which will never happen.
Ambitions rematch
“I feel like this. I feel like I do a few minor corrections,” Plant said about what he considered to be necessary to defeat Canelo in a rematch. “This is a stylistic duel, and William Scull is not fighting with anything as Teunees Crawford. So we won’t see the same kind of fight in September. I think we’ll see a great fight.”
It may not be a great fight if Crawford decides to box and move as his trainer says that he wants to do him. He was out of year and looked bad during his last fight with Israil Madrimov.
“All the best super -medium in medium weight are on my radar. I want to fight best,” Plant said when he asked about Crawford if he defeats Canelo to capture the unquestioned medium championship. “You can say:” There are classes for some reason “, but Crawford is a unique guy. I am a fan of this. “
Last updated 05/07/2025
You may like
Boxing
Adrien Broner’s broadcast leaked from Gervonta Davis training
Published
1 hour agoon
May 23, 2026
Gervonta Davis may finally be preparing to return to boxing after unexpected comments during Adrien Broner’s latest Kick broadcast revealed that the lightweight star has returned to training.
During a conversation broadcast live on the broadcast, veteran coach Kevin Cunningham appeared to casually inform Broner that Davis had recently been to the gym before the pair arrived.
“You know your boy was here,” Cunningham told Broner.
“Oh,” Broner replied before asking, “Really? Did he stop?”
“He’s training…” Cunningham added.
The exchange immediately sparked speculation online that Davis had quietly resumed preparations for a comeback after months of uncertainty about his future.
The return of Gervonta Davis
Davis has remained largely out of the spotlight since his controversial draw with Lamont Roach and the ongoing legal issues surrounding the Pound for Pound star outside the ring.
As WBN previously reported, surveillance footage related to Davis’ ongoing civil case was made public earlier this year, increasing scrutiny over the former lightweight champion’s future and legal situation.
At the same time, there are still some major fighting possibilities floating around behind the scenes.
WBN recently revealed that Vasily Lomachenko’s potential return could reignite the unfinished superfight that ended in 2024 when the Ukrainian retired from boxing.
For Davis, just returning to training changes the conversation.
The lightweight division continues to operate without him, with names like Shakur Stevenson, Isaac Cruz, Floyd Schofield and Roach remaining linked to possible future fights.
Stream Adrien Broner
The irony is that Broner stopped streaming with Deen the Great and started training with Cunningham himself, which he also broadcast to thousands of viewers online.
The footage immediately led many fans to question why Broner wasn’t doing more in the latter years of his career.
At 37 years venerable, Broner seemed to have some time left when he signed with Don King in 2023. Three years later, he fought only two fights, and the last one ended in defeat against Blair Cobbs.
Like Broner, Davis also struggled with inactivity and motivation, but looked like a million bucks on the pads.
During an eye-opening interview in 2025, Davis admitted that he needed to “rehabilitate” himself after several arrests and told Dan Cannobio of the Inside Boxing Show that the process meant getting “all boxing” out of his system, perhaps permanently.
Shortly thereafter, Davis signed a contract to fight Jake Paul before the fight resulted in modern legal problems surrounding the Baltimore fighter.
Now Davis appears to be considering whether another comeback attempt will complicate the legal process that still hangs over his career.
Despite the uncertainty, one chance exchange on Broner’s broadcast may have finally confirmed that Davis is at least returning to boxing rather than further away from it.
About the author
Phil Jay is the editor-in-chief of World Boxing News (WBN) and a boxing veteran with over 15 years of experience. Read the full biography.
Anthony Joshua’s mindset has changed with his July return to fighting, and Eddie Hearn says the former heavyweight champion is finally speaking with complete certainty about what he wants next.
Hearn revealed that Joshua is no longer taking the cautious “one fight at a time” approach that has defined much of his recent career. Instead, he claims that AJ is openly talking about destroying Kristian Prenga, knocking out Tyson Fury and becoming heavyweight champion again.
“I have never seen him with such clarity about what he is doing, where he is and what he wants to do,” Eddie Hearn told iFL TV about Joshua.
“He’s basically saying, ‘I want to hurt Prenga. I want to destroy him, and then I want to knock out Tyson Fury, and then I want to try to become the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world.’
“He always said, ‘I’m focused on July 25 and I’m not looking beyond that date.’ He looks beyond it. He has a plan. He has faith in what he is doing now, which makes him excited about the future.
Hearn said Joshua’s mentality and motivation now remind him of a player still chasing greatness, rather than someone content with what he has already achieved.
“He’s training harder now than ever before. He wants it more now than when he had nothing,” Hearn said.
“That’s the sign of a winner. That’s the sign of a true competitor. You don’t put yourself through what he goes through day after day for no reason. He wants it bad.”
Hearn also believes Joshua’s renewed hunger makes him risky again in the heavyweight division after years of criticism over his confidence and mentality following defeats to Oleksandr Usyk and Daniel Dubois.

Olly Campbell is a boxing journalist covering this sport since 2014, providing reports from the ring and technical analyzes of the most vital fights. His work focuses on fighter tendencies, tactical adjustments and the details that shape high-level competition.
Click here to sign up for our FREE newsletter
Related boxing news:
Last updated: 22/05/2026 at 22:32
Boxing
David Haye assesses Usyk’s chances against heavyweight champions such as Lewis, Holyfield and Tyson
Published
4 hours agoon
May 22, 2026
Oleksandr Usyk improved his results in both the cruiserweight and heavyweight divisions. Now one of only two other men to have reigned in both divisions, David Haye, has shared how he thinks the Ukrainian would fare against the heavyweight icons.
Usyk captured the undisputed cruiserweight crown, scoring away wins over Krzysztof Głowacki, Mairis Briedis and Murat Gassiew, winning all four world titles.
It is his current heavyweight streak that has made Usyk a global superstar, defeating Anthony Joshua, Tyson Fury and Daniel Dubois twice to become the undisputed heavyweight champion twice.
As a result, the undefeated 39-year-old has established himself as the preeminent heavyweight of his generation, and Haye answered the question of whether Usyk could have performed similarly in stronger times like the 1990s. Boxing Scene that in his opinion the Ukrainian would “find a way”.
– Usyk, put them in there with [Evander] Holyfield, [Mike] Tyson and Lennox [Lewis]would hang out with the best of them.”
“He would find a way. He consistently showed that he beat every guy in and around his era. It’s difficult not to be a fan of someone who did that.”
“It would be the same as beating Tyson Fury, Wladimir Klitschko, Vitali Klitschko or anyone else.”
On Saturday evening, Usyk will face Dutch kickboxer Rico Verhoeven beneath the pyramids of Giza in Egypt, in a fight that may do more for his fame than his legacy.
Adrien Broner’s broadcast leaked from Gervonta Davis training
Eddie Hearn says Anthony Joshua’s mindset has changed
Ronda Rousey: “I’m Not Some Kind Of F**kin Alien!” | Rousey vs Carano
Trending
-
Opinions & Features1 year agoPacquiao vs marquez competition: History of violence
-
MMA1 year agoDmitry Menshikov statement in the February fight
-
Results1 year agoStephen Fulton Jr. becomes world champion in two weight by means of a decision
-
Results1 year agoKeyshawn Davis Ko’s Berinchyk, when Xander Zayas moves to 21-0
-
Video1 year agoFrank Warren on Derek Chisora vs Otto Wallin – ‘I THOUGHT OTTO WOULD GIVE DEREK PROBLEMS!’
-
Analysis1 year agoRobert Garcia discusses the debate on the greatest Mexican warrior in history
-
Video1 year ago‘DEREK CHISORA RETIRE TONIGHT!’ – Anthony Yarde PLEADS for retirement after WALLIN
-
Results1 year agoLive: Catterall vs Barboza results and results card



