MMA
Bogdan Guskov releases first statement after lopsided loss to Magomed Ankalaev in UFC Abu Dhabi headliner
Published
3 weeks agoon
Bogdan Guskov says he'll come back stronger from a tough night at the office in his first UFC main event.
Guskov faced former light heavyweight champion Magomed Ankalaev in the headliner of Saturday's UFC Abu Dhabi event. Ankalaev got a fifth-round TKO stoppage in the bout. Guskov wasn't competitive in the contest, and Ankalaev wasn't able to fully take advantage until the latter rounds before eventually getting the fight to the ground and getting the stoppage.
On Monday, Guskov delivered his first comments about his performance and the fight on Twitter.
“I'm sorry to everyone who believed in me,†Guskov wrote. “That night wasn't my night, but I'm grateful for everyone who stood behind me and supported me through this journey. Thank you for all the kind words and messages. I'll learn from this, come back stronger. I'm not done yet.â€
Guskov entered the bout on a five-fight unbeaten streak. “Hitman†was originally slated to face Jan Blachowicz in a rematch at this Saturday's UFC Belgrade event after their first meeting at December's UFC 323 card was scored a draw. Guskov couldn't pass up the opportunity to face Ankalaev, and suffered his second UFC loss in seven octagon appearances.
You may like
MMA
Anthony Smith pleads not guilty to four felony charges in Nebraska
Published
3 hours agoon
August 18, 2026
Smith has pleaded not guilty to four felony charges stemming
from a July domestic incident in Nebraska.
Court records confirmed
Smith’s plea, resulting in the cancellation of an arraignment
scheduled for Aug. 17. The former
Ultimate Fighting Championship light heavyweight title
challenger is now due back in court for a status hearing Sept. 21
in Sarpy County.
Former UFC title challenger Anthony Smith faces four felony
charges stemming from an alleged July domestic incident in Gretna,
Nebraska
Smith faces one Class 2 felony count involving an attempted Class 1
offense, a terroristic-threats charge and two counts of
first-degree false imprisonment, all classified as Class 3A
felonies. A Class 2 felony in Nebraska can carry a prison term of
one to 50 years, while Class 3A felonies carry up to three years of
imprisonment and 18 months of post-release supervision.
Prosecutors allege that Smith became involved in an altercation
with his wife at a Gretna, Nebraska, bar on July 26. They claim
Smith threatened to kill his wife, forced her into his vehicle and
later attempted to strike her with the vehicle after she exited it.
His wife was not physically injured, according to prosecutors’
account.
Smith has not publicly addressed the allegations. His wife, Mikhala
Renee Newman, previously offered a different characterization of
the incident, saying Smith was experiencing a mental health crisis
and that she had sought help to protect him from himself.
MMA
Islam Makhachev mocks Max Holloway following two-belt jab
Published
6 hours agoon
August 18, 2026
Makhachev has responded to Max
Holloway’s criticism of his post-fight celebration.
Makhachev successfully defended the
Ultimate Fighting Championship welterweight title against
Ian
Garry at UFC
330, earning a unanimous decision win in Philadelphia. The
Russian was seen holding two belts as he was announced the victor,
which Holloway called into question.
Islam Makhachev answers Max Holloway's criticism after UFC
330
Holloway was quick to question Makhachev posing with two belts
despite vacating his lightweight title last year.
“Why the f*ck do you have two belts? For aura? You're just
defending one belt, bro,†Holloway said during a recent Kick
stream.
Makhachev was quick to react, taking a sly dig at the former
featherweight and BMF champ.
“I don't know bro,†Makhachev commented on Instagram. “It's even
too heavy to hold. But you don't understand, sorry.â€
Makhachev vacated the lightweight championship last year after four
successful defenses. He subsequently moved up to welterweight,
captured the 170-pound strap by dethroning Jack
Della Maddalena and has now defended the 170-pound championship
once. He's indicated that he wants to compete again before Ramadan
and is targeting Carlos
Prates for his next title defense.
Holloway's last bout was also at welterweight. The Hawaiian's
rematch with Conor
McGregor at
UFC 329 ended in anticlimactic fashion as the Irishman suffered
an injury early, prompting a referee stoppage just over a minute
into the bout.
Hawaii vs Dagestan next? 😳 pic.twitter.com/Ff9Yis8SkA
— UFC on Paramount+ (@UFConParamount)
August 17, 2026
DWCS Week 2 official after all 10 fighters make weight
Anthony Smith pleads not guilty to four felony charges in Nebraska
Islam Makhachev mocks Max Holloway following two-belt jab
Trending
-
MMA2 days agoJalin Turner explains how he handled the burden of hurting his opponents
-
MMA2 days agoDin Thomas retires from cornering after Gillian Robertson’s UFC 330 loss
-
MMA2 days agoCharles Johnson’s wild UFC 330 submission was no fluke: ‘Once or twice a week’
-
MMA1 day agoIan Machado Garry sends defiant message after Islam Makhachev defeat
-
MMA2 days agoChidi Njokuani explains bizarre UFC 330 weigh-in mix-up
-
MMA2 days agoLucas Fernando nearly quit MMA before breakthrough UFC 330 victory
-
MMA2 days agoNeil Magny closes in on Jim Miller’s all-time UFC wins record
-
MMA1 day agoIan Garry confronts Michael Morales at UFC 330: ‘Make sure you back it up’


