Dad Devin Haney, Bill Haney, says that Ennis Jaron “Boots” missed the “largest bag” fighting Devin in 147, choosing a transfer to 154 without him. Bill states that Brian Norman Jr. And Teofimo Lopez could not bring the money that Devin would have ennis fights.
Bill talks about money, not on talents. WBO Norman Jr. (28-0, 22 KO) would be a nightmare for Ennis compared to Devin, which looked like yo-yo against Ryan Garcia, up and down the canvas last year. Teofimo would also be a hard fight for shoes. No wonder he decided to move to 154, and not stay in 147, risking the loss.
Bill Haney strikes the choice of ennis
“The biggest Boots bag was Devin at the age of 147. This fight was on the table for shoes. I respect his move to 154, but let’s be real, Teofimo Lopez and Brian Norman did not bring enough on the table,” said Bill Haney. Xsuggesting that Jaron “Boots” Ennis made a mistake in his career, moving to 154 without fighting Devin Haney at 147.
If Bill wanted Devin to be fighting difficult enough, he would offer him to 154 to fight him. When Haney is hydrated until the mid -1960s, it is huge enough to move to the younger medium scale to face Ennis in this weight class, if he wants this fight to be very enough. It would be better if Devin lost to his shoes than stayed in 147 and was beaten by Richardson Hitchins.
Haney-Hitchins: Low Cake Fight
There will not be a lot of cake for Haney if he is fighting Hitchins because it is not popular and has not defeated anyone noteworthy. No, George Cambosos doesn’t matter, just like Liam Paro. While Turks Alalshikh is not interested in financing the Haney vs. Hitchins, this fight is not worth taking for Devin. Therefore, Devin would be better to move to 154 to chase Ennis.
Eddie Hearn on Ennis in 154
“It was a very hard decision in the last month. Imagine what he will do at 154,” said Eddie Hearn Matchroom boxing About Jaron Ennis. “He said,” I’m not powerful as I should. Watch me at the age of 154, “said Hearn about what I told him. “This guy will put fear in everyone at the age of 154. Not only at the age of 154.
We only know that the shoes had a chance to fight Vergil Ortiz Jr. In February last year and he did not take it. Then he had a chance to face Teofimo Lopez and did not pull the trigger of this fight. He did not take the unification with Brian Norman Jr. What we look at is a warrior who finds reasons not to take on hard challenges. Instead of Ennis taking these three killers, he decided to fight Eimantas Stanionis.
“These additional seven pounds will be huge for his performance. So in September or September, and then we are ready for everyone. Vergil Ortiz, Murtazaliev, a fund, everyone you want. These shoes for me, 100% Jaron Ennis, will be unbeatable.”
“I believe he is one of the goats in boxing. It would be an honor to share the ring with him and if I get the chance, I will definitely win,” Hamzah said after his victory over Begic.
Sheeraz made this comment after saying he plans to win more super middleweight titles after moving up from 160 pounds.
“I’ll fight anyone. Look, there were boxing kings in the ring tonight and I’m trying to follow in their footsteps. So I’m just going to beat whoever I put in front of me.”
“So I’m going to take all the belts this time and inshallah, next year you will be able to see Hamzah Sheeraz as the unified champion in the 168 division,” Hamzah said.
The path to a Sheeraz-Canelo fight could open quickly if Alvarez defeats Christian Mbilli on September 12 in Riyad. Canelo’s victory will likely allow him to retain the WBC title again, while Sheeraz now holds the WBO belt after Saturday’s victory.
This would give Riyadh Season a ready-made unification fight between the two marquee names at 168 pounds.
Sheeraz’s team already seems interested in forcing the fight. Manager Spencer Brown pointed openly at Canelo after the fight when discussing the newly crowned champion’s next step.
“We are marching in the face of Canelo boxing,” Brown said.
“This is the fight we want.”
Maybe it’s finally time for Sheeraz. He has picked up back-to-back stoppage wins since moving up to super middleweight, and his size and offensive style appear to be better at 168 pounds than they were at the end of his middleweight career.
Canelo is still the bigger star by a mile, but Riyad has shown he’s willing to take on younger, undefeated fighters against established fighters if enough belts are on the line. Sheeraz seemed to be part of that conversation on Saturday night.
Robert Segal is a boxing reporter at Boxing News 24 with over a decade of experience covering fight news, previews and analysis. Known for his first-hand reporting and in-ring perspective, he delivers authoritative coverage of champions, challengers and emerging talent from around the world.
However, for a long time it seemed that this would not be an effective defense, and the final came in the 11th round when referee Mark Lyson stopped the fight, which many viewers prematurely believed.
Verhoeven performed well above expectations, causing Usyk numerous problems throughout the fight, but although he recovered from the knockdown, the kickboxing star was stopped on his feet and denied the chance to advance to the 12th round.
Tony Bellew believes Verhoeven should be given a chance to continue his career, but Mexican superstar Canelo does not share the same view.
“It was a good fight, I don’t think so [that it was was an early stoppage]I think they saved a brutal knockout.”
Usyk is expected to take some time before deciding on his next move, with some fans calling for an immediate rematch with Verhoeven while others want him to face mandatory WBC title challenger Agit Kabayel now.
As for Canelo, he will return to action in September and will look to reclaim his world titles when he fights WBC super middleweight champion Christian Mbilli in Riyad, Saudi Arabia.
a biopic chronicling the career of former featherweight champion Prince Naseem Hamed will be released in select U.S. theaters and on VOD on May 22. The film stars Amir El-Masry as Hamed and Pierce Brosnan as his longtime trainer Brendan Ingle, with Sylvester Stallone among the executive producers.
Directed and written by Rowan Athale, it premiered at the BFI London Film Festival in October 2025 and was released in the UK and Ireland on January 9, 2026, before arriving in the Middle East via the Red Sea Film Festival. Vertical holds U.S. distribution rights, and the film was financed by AGC Studios and BondIt Media Capital.
What the movie covers
The plot follows Hamed’s rise from Sheffield, England, to a world title under Ingle, an Irish-born steelworker who ran a boxing gym in a church hall. According to the official description, the film also addresses the racism and Islamophobia that Hamed faced in the UK in the 1980s and 1990s, and also focuses on his relationship with Ingle, who died in 2018.
Collider published an exclusive clip from the film on May 21 featuring Hamed’s 1994 fight against Vincenzo Belcastro. In this fight, Hamed won the European bantamweight title in 12 rounds, which was only his 12th professional contest, which was the beginning of his later career.
The warrior behind the film
Hamed, a southpaw of Yemeni heritage, finished his professional career with a 36-1 record and 31 knockouts while holding featherweight titles in multiple sanctioning bodies throughout the 1990s. Now 51, he was known for his unconventional style, pre-fight showmanship and ring walks that often ended with a fall over the top rope. In 2015, he was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame.
Following Ingle’s death, Hamed directly attributed his success to his coach Ring that without him he wouldn’t have achieved what he did in sports.
The supporting cast included Toby Stephens as promoter Frank Warren and Katherine Dow Blyton as Alma Ingle. The film lasts 110 minutes.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it.