Connect with us

UK Boxing

Anthony Joshua returns to the fight unannounced after Eddie Hearn’s dating reveal

Published

on

Anthony Joshua is expected to return to fighting at the last minute before the end of 2025, according to Eddie Hearn. The 36-year-old last fought in September 2024, when he was knocked out by Daniel Dubois at Wembley.

After recovering from summer elbow surgery, Joshua is teasing a return to the ring. A return to fighting in February was touted, but Hearn suggested Joshua would fight within the next TWO months.

The Matchroom stage events will take place on November 15, December 13 and December 27, and Hearn was asked whether former two-time heavyweight champion Joshua would fight on one of the series. He simply replied, “Yes.”

Earlier this year, Joshua was in talks with YouTuber-turned-boxer Jake Paul (28). However, negotiations were interrupted after Paul announced that he would face Gervonta Davis, 30, on Friday, November 14, in an exhibition streamed live on Netflix.

Although that fight has been in doubt after Davis was charged with assault, aggravated battery, false imprisonment, kidnapping and willful infliction of emotional distress by his ex-girlfriend, who is seeking more than $50,000 (£38,145) in damages.

Hearn claimed he contacted Joshua to replace him if Davis was unable to fight.

He said: “We are available. Subject, of course, to the global boxing house that we have an exclusive relationship with, Anthony Joshua has an exclusive relationship with.

“If you’re asking me, are we going to take the fight? Of course we’re going to take the fight. That would be a good way to end this little journey. Does Jake Paul really want to fight Anthony Joshua? He’s a crazy guy, he’s a crazy guy.”

“Maybe he thinks he can catch Anthony Joshua on the fly, he hasn’t really been in training camp. I don’t have much to say at the moment, but if the opportunity comes it will be a huge fight. Never say never.”

Speaking about his future in June, Joshua revealed he was in no rush to decide when he would return to boxing.

“This [boxing] this is my life,” Joshua said at an event organized by his promoters, Matchroom, where the Eddie Hearn-fronted company unveiled its fresh branding.

“But I managed to take a year off for the first time in 12-13 years of my professional career, not counting amateur activities. I took a year off to take care of my physique. I’m at a different stage of my career. I can look at time differently. I don’t have all these years ahead of me, so I have to make an executive decision about what I will do next.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

UK Boxing

Oleksandr Usyk vs Rico Verhoeven – results and report after the fight

Published

on

Oleksandr Usyk fought for 11 rounds with Rico Verhoeven. Photo credit: Matchroom Boxing/Mark Robinson

Oleksandr Usyk defended his world title in Riyad, defeating kickboxing icon Rico Verhoeven in the 11th round.

Verhoeven turned out to be a much tougher test for Usyk than many expected.

From the first bell, the Dutchman proved to be a problem, firing two tidy shots – one from above straight into the champion’s jaw, and the other a nasty shot to the body.

To the surprise of many, Verhoeven dominated most of the fight, with many viewers scoring just two or three rounds in favor of the Ukrainian.

Not only was Verhoeven in control, but he appeared to have hurt Usyk on numerous occasions, who looked nothing like the elusive champion we had become so accustomed to over the years.

Oleksandr Usyk fought for 11 rounds with Rico Verhoeven. Photo credit: Matchroom Boxing/Mark Robinson

Verhoeven went down in the 11th minute and went over the count before the referee led him to the corner to adjust his mouthpiece.

Ten seconds into the penultimate round, Usyk launched a brutal attack that injured Verhoeven, but he continued to fight. Nevertheless, the referee stepped in at 2:59 of the 11th round and called off the fight.

Many were outraged by the stoppage, with Derek Chisora ​​calling it a “assault” and Ryan Garcia believing the round was already over by the time the referee stepped in.

In an in-ring interview after his victory, Usyk admitted that his opponent was right.

Oleksandr Usyk defended his heavyweight crown against Rico Verhoeven. Photo credit: Mark Robinson/Matchroom Boxing
Oleksandr Usyk defended his heavyweight crown against Rico Verhoeven. Photo credit: Mark Robinson/Matchroom Boxing

“Thank you so much Rico, you are an amazing fighter; my team, I love you; you are the best.

“That fight was tough, it was a good fight; I was just boxing, me I threw a right uppercut and bam bam bam.”

The post Oleksandr Usyk vs Rico Verhoeven – results and post-fight report appeared first on ProBoxing-Fans.com.

Continue Reading

UK Boxing

Oleksandr Usyk vs Rico Verhoeven – weigh-in results

Published

on

The fury ruined the chances of defeating Klitschko in Dusseldorf (Martin Meissner, AP)

Oleksandr Usyk and Rico Verhoeven weighed in today before Saturday’s fight in front of the pyramids.

The post Oleksandr Usyk vs Rico Verhoeven – Weigh-in results appeared first on ProBoxing-Fans.com.

Continue Reading

UK Boxing

Who is Rico Verhoeven? Meet Oleksandr Usyk’s next opponent

Published

on

Oleksandr Usyk and Rico Verhoeven fight on the pyramids, photo: Mark Robinson/Matchroom Boxing

History will be made on Saturday when Oleksandr Usyk defends his status as the best heavyweight in the world against Rico Verhoeven.

The Usyk vs Verhoeven fight is the contender’s second professional boxing fight. Here’s everything you need to know about it.

Verhoeven is nicknamed the “King of Kickboxing” and his professional kickboxing record is 54-10 with 16 stoppages along the way.

He was born in the Netherlands and made his professional debut at the age of only 16.

The Dutchman is widely considered one of the best, if not the best, kickboxers of all time. In 2014, he became the GLORY heavyweight champion of the world.

Oleksandr Usyk and Rico Verhoeven fight on the pyramids, photo: Mark Robinson/Matchroom Boxing

The 37-year-old dominated and defended the title for over a decade.

He is respected in the kickboxing world for his elite cardio skills, technical skills and fighting IQ, and is known to many for his celebrated rivalry with Badr Hari, a man he stopped twice in three years.

Verhoeven is 6 feet 5 inches and has a reach of 200 cm compared to his opponent Usyk who is 6 feet 3 inches and has a reach of 198 cm.

Despite challenging a man who is considered by many to be boxing’s number one, this will be only Verhoeven’s second professional boxing fight.

The only time he stepped into the squared circle was in 2014, before he won either of his kickboxing titles.

In Germany, he faced Janos Finfera 0:5 and made no mistake, stopping his opponent in the second round.

On Saturday in Egypt, Oleksandr Usyk will defend his world heavyweight title in a fight against Rico Verhoeven. Photo: Mark Robinson Matchroom Boxing
On Saturday in Egypt, Oleksandr Usyk will defend his world heavyweight title in a fight against Rico Verhoeven. Photo: Mark Robinson Matchroom Boxing

His fight with the Ukrainian will take place in front of ul Pyramids of Gizathe first spectacle in this sport, which should prove to be a historic spectacle.

The event was organized by Turki Alalshikh and The Ring Magazine and will be broadcast live on DAZN pay-per-view.

For the past decade, Verhoeven has worked with a highly respected boxing coach Piotr Furywhich helped develop his boxing skills into his kickboxing career.

On Saturday, Rico Verhoeven fights Oleksandr Usyk for the WBC heavyweight world title in Egypt. Photo: Mark Robinson Matchroom Boxing
On Saturday, Rico Verhoeven fights Oleksandr Usyk for the WBC heavyweight world title in Egypt. Photo: Mark Robinson Matchroom Boxing

Verhoeven and Fury have both talked about how beneficial it has been to focus solely on boxing for the past six months; was originally set to face Anthony Joshua.

The entry Who is Rico Verhoeven? Meet Oleksandr Usyk’s next opponent appeared first on ProBoxing-Fans.com.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending