Connect with us

Boxing

According to Eddie Hearna, Crawford inactivity will be his loss

Published

on

Image: Crawford's Inactivity Will Be His Undoing, According to Eddie Hearn, Who Predicts a Canelo Alvarez Victory

Eddie Hearn believes that the inactivity of Terenka Crawford is one of the reasons why Canelo Alvarez chooses to defeat him on Saturday evening at the Allegian stadium in Las Vegas.

Promoter Hearn states that Crawford (41-0, 31 KO) recently fought in 2024 with Israil Madrimov, 13 months ago, and previously he was inactive for the next 13 months, when he fought with Errol Spence in July 2023. In July 2023, Bud had two fights in two years.

Hearn says he thinks that Crawford is too confident and too sure that he will go through this fight, winning another victory. He does not say why this is so, but it may have something to do with how they beat Canelo looked in his last fight with the super middle champion IBF IBF Willod Scull on May 3, 2025. Hearn notices that Canelo looked. “unmamery “ AND “elderly” in this fight.

Hearna’s icy reality control

“Crawford inactivity. Inaction kills fighters [careers]. Defeated Madrimov over a year ago, “said Eddie Hearn promoter StampingDiscussing how the inactivity of Terence Crawford can sink his chances of defeating Canelo Alvarez on Saturday.

“It was his last fight, and Spence’s fight was a year earlier. He had two fights in two years. Moving to 168, it was tough for me to go against Canelo. I’m going to win Canelo Alvarez.”

It seems crazy and irresponsible that Crawford decided to sit inactive throughout the year since his almost allocation against Israil Madrimov on August 3, 2024. It was the worst possible time for Bud to decide to stay part -time boxing hours once a year, which he did from 2021.

One of the reasons why Crawford escaped from the fight so rarely is that his opposition was not fighters at the elite level who were a threat to him. He fought with tired warriors and good, but not great younger medium scale in the last four years.

The last four fights of Crawford

  • Israil Madrimov: 2024
  • Errol Spence: 2023
  • David Avaneyan: 2022
  • Shawn Porter: 2021

Looking at these guys, it is understandable why Crawford escaped from the fight every year from 2021. None of them was near the elite level and there is no threat to defeating him. Spence was just a warrior shell he was once when Crawford fought him. We saw that in two fights Errola after his terrifying October 10, 2019, Crash his Ferrari, was not the same warrior.

Losing formula

Simply sparring at this time is not in my opinion to prepare Crawford for what is against Canelo. He should have been fighting twice in the Super Middle Wweight division if he would like to be ready for massive arrows with which he would deal with Canelo on Saturday evening.

Hearn says he doubts that Alvarez will start quickly on Saturday, fighting aggressively. He indicates that Crawford is a great opponent and has feet to make it tough if he decides to leave.

Hearn states that if he were Crawford, he would focus on the course, exploit of movement and frustrating it on rounds in the first half of the fight. Of course, this approach was uninteresting for fans watching at the stadium Allegian and at home at Netflix.

Turks Alalshikh will probably not satisfy, because he pays $ 50 million to Crawford. After Terenka runs around the ring, fighting the negative fight of “frustrating” Canelo, it will not be entertaining to watch over 60,000 fans at the Allegiant Stadium and Netflix stadium.

Last updated 09/11/2025

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Boxing

Carl Froch Claims One Welterweight Champion Could Have Stopped Terence Crawfords Unbeaten Streak

Published

on

"Carl Froch Claims One Welterweight Champion Could Have Stopped Terence Crawford's Unbeaten Streak"

Terence Crawford faced and defeated 42 different opponents during a 17-year career, but super-middleweight icon Carl Froch believes that there is one welterweight who would have put an end to Crawford’s unbeaten streak if they were to meet in their primes.

Crawford became the first post-war boxer to claim the undisputed title in three separate weight divisions last September; a run which began as a super-lightweight in 2015 by defeating Thomas Dulorme, then unifying against Viktor Postol before halting Julius Indongo in an undisputed title showdown.

‘Bud’ then moved on to the welterweight scene and knocked out Jeff Horn to capture the WBO world title on his 147lb debut, making five defences of the title before colliding with fierce rival and three-belt unified titleholder, Errol Spence Jr, in 2023.

In a unforgettable fight, Crawford brutally beat Spence down in an authoritative ninth-round stoppage win to capture the undisputed welterweight throne. Talk then turned to an unprecedented three-weight move up to super-middleweight to take on Canelo Alvarez.

After stopping off at super-welterweight to dethrone Israil Madrimov on his way up, Crawford debuted at super-middleweight in a challenge for Canelo’s undisputed crown and outboxed the Mexican superstar in an iconic win last year, hanging up the gloves three months later.

Despite those legendary achievements, Froch picked Floyd Mayweather Jr to come out on top in a potential fantasy fight against the Omaha southpaw, in an episode of ‘Froch on Fighting’.

Mayweather’s achievements speak for themselves, retiring with a perfect 50-0 unbeaten record after claiming world honours in five divisions, with his most impressive reign coming at 147lbs, where he defeated the likes of Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley.

Mayweather has been rumoured to make a comeback, but while there would be huge finances that would be on offer, Crawford has revealed that he would have no interest in ending his retirement for a bout with ‘TBE’, believing that the 49-year-old is ‘old’ and ‘done’.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Conor Benn Reveals His Pick: Oscar De La Hoya vs Terence Crawford Showdown in Boxing History

Published

on

Conor Benn Reveals His Pick: Oscar De La Hoya vs Terence Crawford Showdown in Boxing History

Terence Crawford has been hailed by many as the best fighter of this generation following his retirement, and now WBC welterweight title hopeful Conor Benn has shared how he thinks ‘Bud’ would have fared against six-division world champion Oscar De La Hoya.

Crawford became boxing’s sixth five-division world champion with an iconic win over Canelo Alvarez back in September; joining Thomas Hearns, Sugar Ray Leonard, De La Hoya, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao in that elite and exclusive club reserved only for legends of the sport.

Of that group, only De La Hoya and Pacquiao have gone on to conquer a sixth division, with De La Hoya’s 2004 WBO middleweight world title win over Felix Sturm seeing the Californian become the first boxer to ever become a sextuple champion.

Crawford could have joined ‘’The Golden Boy’ and ‘Pac-Man’ in achieving that feat, having been offered a middleweight world title shot during the aftermath of his triumph over Canelo late last year – a proposal which later fell apart due to a failed doping test by Janibek Alimkhanuly.

Continuing the praise that the Omaha-born southpaw has received since announcing his retirement last December, Benn told Daily Mail Boxing that he would favour the undefeated star to get the better of De La Hoya, if they were to meet in their primes.

Benn also went on to predict that Crawford would retain his unbeaten streak against other greats of the game, picking him to come out on top against each of Mayweather, Julio Cesar Chavez, Pernell Whitaker and Roberto Duran.

Continue Reading

Boxing

Robert Garcia Evaluates Terence Crawfords Odds Against Prime Pacquiao

Published

on

"Robert Garcia Evaluates Terence Crawford's Odds Against Prime Pacquiao"

Top trainer and former world champion Robert Garcia has considered the outcome of a fantasy showdown between Terence Crawford and Manny Pacquiao.

The two generational greats reportedly came close to squaring off in 2021, back when Crawford was the WBO welterweight champion and ‘Pac Man’ held the WBA title.

Their unification match never materialised, though, as Pacquiao was scheduled to face Errol Spence Jr before ‘The Truth’ pulled out with a torn retina.

Instead, the Filipino legend ended up losing his WBA title to Yordenis Ugas at a stage when, while still serviceable, he was quite clearly past his best.

Crawford, meanwhile, was hitting top form around this time, just a few fights away from producing arguably a career-best performance against Spence.

He did, of course, manage to stop his welterweight rival in nine rounds, before moving up to 168lbs and becoming a three-division undisputed champion by dethroning Canelo Alvarez last September.

Based on those two performances, coach Garcia has told ESNEWS that he would favour ‘Bud’ to defeat even a prime version of Pacquiao.

“The Crawford that beat Spence – and the Crawford that beat Canelo – would probably beat Manny.”

While Crawford’s prime almost certainly came during his run of eight stoppages at welterweight, it is harder to pinpoint when Pacquiao ultimately reached his peak.

In terms of his most destructive performance at world level, however, many will point towards his second-round finish over Ricky Hatton in 2009.

While facing the ‘Hitman’ at 140lbs, Pacquiao would cement himself as a formidable welterweight champion soon after, dethroning Miguel Cotto with a 12th-round stoppage for the WBO title.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending