Connect with us

MMA

A win over Songchainoi could put Banluelok one step from Nadaka

Published

on

A win over Songchainoi could put Banluelok one step from Nadaka

Banluelok Sitwatcharachai headlines an atomweight Muay Thai main event against former ONE Atomweight Muay Thai World Title challenger Songchainoi Kiatsongrit at The Inner Circle 27, streaming live from Bangkok's Lumpinee Stadium this Friday, August 21. A win would secure Banluelok a coveted ONE Championship main-roster contract and set up a rematch with reigning champion Nadaka, the same fighter who handed him his only promotional loss in 2025.

“Right now, I've got two main goals. First is securing that ONE Championship main-roster contract. Second is getting a rematch with Nadaka,†he said.

Banluelok has options beyond Songchainoi after The Inner Circle 27

Should the contract not materialize immediately, Banluelok has already identified his next targets in a stacked atomweight division, including Petninmungkorn NamkangIceland, Numsurin Chor Ketwina, and Rifdean Masdor.

Banluelok enters the fight on a two-fight winning streak, rebuilding momentum since the Nadaka setback, and views a win over one of the division's most recognizable veterans as the clearest possible validation of where his career stands right now. He also believes he has already identified the blueprint to hand Songchainoi the first stoppage loss of his ONE Championship tenure.

“Honestly, I'm confident a win here guarantees a contract because Songchainoi is the absolute top of the division, barring Nadaka,†he said.

“Songchainoi is an aggressive brawler, but his only real lethal weapon is his hands. The only area where he has the upper hand is pure power. But as long as I don't get caught clean, I'm confident I can absorb his power. If I hit him right on the spot, he's going down.â€

This article appeared first on BJPENN.COM


Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

MMA

Islam Makhachevs UFC GOAT case gets pushback from former champs

Published

on

Islam Makhachev's UFC GOAT case gets pushback from former champs
Former
Ultimate Fighting Championship fighters and champs have weighed
in on whether Islam
Makhachev has earned GOAT status.

The Russian defended his welterweight title for the first time at
UFC
330, picking up his fifth defense overall in the UFC after a
dominant run at lightweight. His latest win, a decision victory
over Ian
Garry, served as a record-breaker, with Makhachev now the
leader for most consecutive wins in promotional history.

Chris
Weidman, Dustin
Poirier and Jorge
Masvidal have offered their takes on where he stands among the
sport’s greatest fighters.

Chris Weidman questions Islam Makhachev’s title defenses as
Dustin Poirier backs Jon Jones for UFC GOAT

In the latest episode of “Deep Waters,†Weidman, Poirier and
Masvidal shared their thoughts on whether Makhachev has earned the
right to be called the greatest fighter in UFC history.

“I am not saying that yet,†Weidman said, responding to the
question about Makhachev being the GOAT now. “Because I'm still old
school… Title defenses mean a lot and you go back to Anderson
Silva or Demetrious
Johnson if we're ever talking about GOAT… I don't know if he's
there yet.â€

Poirier then chimed in, giving a definitive answer for who he
considers the GOAT.

“To me, Jon
Jones.â€

Masvidal, meanwhile, pointed to the level of competition Makhachev
faced during his lightweight title reign. While the former BMF
champ acknowledges Alexander
Volkanovski as one of the greats, he emphasized that many of
Makhachev’s 155-pound title defenses came against former
featherweights.

“Two of those title defenses at lightweight were to a ‘45er,â€
Masvidal said before Weidman pointed out that Charles
Oliveira also previously fought at 145 pounds.

Continue Reading

MMA

Mike Perry makes vicious prediction for Dillon Danis fight: 'Break your face'

Published

on

Mike Perry makes vicious prediction for Dillon Danis fight: 'Break your face'

Mike Perry expects to have a violent fight against Dillon Danis on August 29.

Perry is set to take on Danis on Saturday, August 29, in Orlando, in a new promotion called Dual Arena 1. The card features plenty of UFC veterans like Phil Rowe, Jimi Manuwa, and Chase Sherman in a mix of boxing and MMA fights.

Perry and Danis will be in an MMA fight, and ‘Platinum' expects to keep it standing and make Danis pay.

“I have a job to do, I have to beat this guy the f**k up. … I don't gotta move my head. I'll break your fist with my face, and then I'll break your face with my fist. That's what's gonna happen,†Perry said to Ariel Helwani.

It's a scathing prediction from Perry, as he believes his striking and power will be the difference and will badly hurt Danis. Perry also believes that once he cuts Danis and he starts bleeding, he won't want to continue fighting.

Mike Perry vows to hurt Dillon Danis

Although Dillon Danis expects to submit Mike Perry, ‘Platinum' doesn't expect that to happen.

Instead, Perry believes his aggressive style will overwhelm Danis, and he will get a big win in front of his hometown fans.

“You don't know the bloody side of it. Once your eyes start leaking, I can't wait to see what you're made of,†Perry added.

If Perry does KO Danis, it would be a statement win for him, and it would likely come by the damage he causes to the feet. It's an intriguing bout, and Perry has full confidence he will make easy work of Danis.

Mike Perry enters the bout with a record of 15-8 and is coming off a TKO win over Nate Diaz in his return to MMA on the MVP card. He's also 6-0 in BKFC and has notable wins over Jeremy Stephens, Eddie Alvarez, Michael ‘Venom' Page, and Luke Rockhold, among others.

Do you think Mike Perry will beat Dillon Danis?

This article appeared first on BJPENN.COM


Continue Reading

MMA

Carlos Prates fires back at Michael Morales: Id knock you out

Published

on

Carlos Prates fires back at Michael Morales: 'I'd knock you out'
Carlos
Prates has clapped back at claims that he is scared of a fellow
170-pound contender.

The
Ultimate Fighting Championship welterweight responded to
Michael
Morales after the Ecuadorian allegedly suggested that Prates
was avoiding a fight with him. The Brazilian insists he has no
issue facing Morales but believes his position as the higher-ranked
contender warrants a title shot next.

Carlos Prates denies ducking Michael Morales and predicts a
first-round knockout

Shortly after Morales allegedly claimed that Prates was afraid to
fight him, “The Nightmare†responded in a video posted online.

“If the guy has two arms and two legs like me, bro, I can fight
him,†Prates said.

Prates then addressed Morales directly, making it clear that he
would welcome the matchup if the UFC offered it.

“You say I am scared to fight you. I am not scared of a fight with
you… I am the No. 1 contender, so I want to fight for the belt,â€
Prates said. “The UFC never offered me a fight against you. If they
offered me the fight, of course I would knock you out really fast,
in the first round.â€

Prates also made his preferred route clear: challenge Islam
Makhachev for the welterweight title first, then revisit the
Morales matchup. Notably, Makhachev has also welcomed the matchup
for his next title defense.

“But you will have to wait until I get my belt and then we can
fight,†Prates added.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

OUR NEWSLETTER

Subscribe Us To Receive Our Latest News Directly In Your Inbox!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Trending